Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Genius facebook appears to suggest a surprise is in store

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

The Saddest Rhino posted:

If you can figure out what it is do you get to be on the next season?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Tunicate posted:

If you can figure out what it is do you get to be on the next season?
It's chairs sitting around a table on a platform on a stage with a hanging LCD TV WHERE'S MY INVITE PRODUCERS

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emoadwiK4TM

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

If the Genius does make it to the UK they better keep not both Extreme Ways and this :colbert:

Shaded Spriter
Mar 27, 2010

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

Does British law permit standing MPs to appear on a show like this? Cause I'd almost think somebody like Tom Watson would do well.

Looking it up at least 3 MPs have appeared on reality TV shows. Nadine Dorries I remember specifically appearing on "I'm a Celebrity...Get Me out of here". She got in trouble for it mainly because she didn't inform the Chief Whip of her absence from parliament.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

the start of building a new set?

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

The Garnets being handed out was just a misdirection. Genius returns, people play for Gems.

All I know is that I see a game table, so Dealer Nuna is confirmed and all is right with the world :allears:.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Seems to be a Genius related talkshow, going by the latest photos on Bumdi's Twitter.

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
Dongmin, Sangmin, and Ahyoung in a show together? Is this real? Are we getting an early Christmas present? Bless you, Koreans, for giving us more of what we don't deserve.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

NowonSA posted:

All I know is that I see a game table, so Dealer Nuna is confirmed and all is right with the world :allears:.

Oh God. All this time, we were concerned about the dynamics or player casting for a UK-based Genius and we forgot about the most crucial thing:

who the gently caress can replace dealer nuna in our lives

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Dias posted:

Oh God. All this time, we were concerned about the dynamics or player casting for a UK-based Genius and we forgot about the most crucial thing:

Rachel Riley.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Dias posted:

Dart Announcers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcs4PO2wIZM

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
UK Genius is just a prelude to the better US Genius with an all Mad Men cast

Some Strange Flea
Apr 9, 2010

AAA
Pillbug
Based solely on "a table and two chairs" my guess is they're spinning off Death Matches into their own thing. Possibly stand-alone, possibly as part of a tournament/ladder setup.

I mean, unless they add a third chair, then I don't know what the hell.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

BSam posted:

Rachel Riley.

Same.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Dias posted:

No one can replace her in my heart, but others can serve as a wistful reminder of what once was.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

mr.capps posted:

UK Genius is just a prelude to the better US Genius with an all Mad Men cast

U ever watch an interview with Vincent Karthreiser, dude's a real weirdo, I'm down

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Hat Thoughts posted:

U ever watch an interview with Vincent Karthreiser, dude's a real weirdo, I'm down

Elizabeth Moss is a Scientologist and Jon Hamm refuses to wear underpants.

There is no way this could possibly go wrong.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Propaganda Machine posted:

Elizabeth Moss is a Scientologist
Fuckkkkkkkkkkk

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I think this tweet is about that image

Bumdidlyumptious ‏@Bumdidlyump 12h12 hours ago
Nvm, it's actually Dongmin and Sangmin's new show "BangShiPop" where they make whatever show they want. Ahyoung will be there.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

Fast Luck posted:

I think this tweet is about that image

Bumdidlyumptious ‏@Bumdidlyump 12h12 hours ago
Nvm, it's actually Dongmin and Sangmin's new show "BangShiPop" where they make whatever show they want. Ahyoung will be there.

I hope this show involves Sangmin dancing for no reason

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Rich Sommer will finally prove to his fellow cast members that his board game hobby can be useful.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

It would be pretty great to see freakin' Harry in the Hyunmin role of breaking down the games and being the force no one wants to go up against.

Look who deserves a full partnership now :smugdog:.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I think Roger becomes the game's surprising Dongmin

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Is Bert Cooper Gura or Jimmy Cha?

January Jones and Glenn can be Yooyoung and Jiwon.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Jinho, Yohwan, and Hani are on next week's Running Man. Just in time, I need my Jinhani fix!

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

NowonSA posted:

Jinho, Yohwan, and Hani are on next week's Running Man. Just in time, I need my Jinhani fix!

This is obviously meant to be my birthday present.

:allears:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

ViggyNash posted:

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

:britain:
I think the impending WWIII should just be solved by the Genius Game. The winner says "Yay I'm the best," they all go home, and nobody dies. Unless they invite an ISIS Representitive, then things could get explosive.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
I don't think I'm ready for the whole world to be ruled by South Korea and king emperor Dongmin

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

ViggyNash posted:

I eagerly await your horribly mistaken guess at who the spy is. :glomp:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

CHiRAL posted:

I don't think I'm ready for the whole world to be ruled by South Korea and king emperor Dongmin

I am. I'm so goddamn ready.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
So I had a dream about Survivor. Sangmin is hanging around and is introduce as the new cohost. They don't call him Sangmin though, I can't remember what they called him so I am just going to say it was the "Korean Gentleman." He does nothing the whole episode besides whisper in Jeff Probst ear. Anyway, after the first challenge the contestants are about to head back to their camps when suddenly an out of control car, carrying Sangmin's band (oh yeah he has a band with him for some reason) drive off into the ocean. Jeff tells the contestants the Korean Gentleman has died, and they have to make camp there for the night.

The white snarky nerd of that season sneaks out during the middle of the night while everyone else is sleeping, and checks out the car which is barely underwater. 4 dummies are in the car dressed in hawaiian shirts. The keyfob for the car has a bright blue flashing light and the car is playing the James Bond theme. The nerd grabs the key fob and that is the end of the episode.

Someone in the thread then posts the trailer for the rest of the season and the bits I remember are:
*Contestants yelling "I am going to catch you Korean Gentleman"
*Richard Hatch dressed up as James Bond
*The nerd hugging Sangmin
*Richard Hatch aiming a fake gun at a smirking Sangmin
*Jeff Probst crying

So deciphering my dream logic, what I have managed to figure out was that it was a normal season of survivor for the most part, but the reward challenges where hosted by Richard Hatch who was trying to stop Sangmin from doing something. Both tribes worked together during these challenges, but there were Mole like elements where some of the contestants where working for Sangmin, the only one the audience knows about is the nerd.

I woke up before it happened but I believe my dream was going to reveal that Sangmin was preparing for the American Genius, which he would be hosting as the "Korean Gentleman" and that the winner of that season of survivor and Jeff Probst and/or Richard Hatch where going to be contestants on there.

I think my dream was telling me I watch too many of these shows.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I would watch that show

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

A conspiracy thriller sort of thing embedded in a reality show that most contestants think is normal and rote reality show stuff? Pitch that to all networks ASAP, please.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Didn't it already happen in Dr Who?

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!
Here's a video about the new show still no entirely sure what its about, but i'm intrigued that it might be Genius simular.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egbonq6OW90

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
So Dongmin was called Jangtler in university, I thought he was such a humble kid from the countryside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I am so excited for this! Sangmin and Dongmin were my 2 faves.