Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
The only game available to PC gamers is Minesweeper

Save us Roberts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Everytime I stop pledging for Star Citizen the dozens of titles in my Steam library start to fade away.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Dusty Lens posted:

Everytime I stop pledging for Star Citizen the dozens of titles in my Steam library start to fade away.

It's like Back to The Future but instead when Marty shows Doc the picture of his family, Doc pays $5000 for it

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

revmoo posted:

Ahh yess PC gaming, that overlooked and neglected $20 billion industry.

no, you don't understand, assassin's creed releases for dirty consoles as well. PC gaming dead.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
filthy casuals

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

whoops

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Great Scott! The Caterpillar can haul more cargo!

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

D_Smart posted:

Not the warm welcome he was expecting I'd bet.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
Star Citizen's custom controller goes on sale next month, there's just one catch

quote:

The peripheral, which could be one of the best new HOTAS concepts in a decade, may also have one serious flaw.

Polygon has learned that the $350 set won't feature mechanical keys.
"The idea," Carl Jones, Roberts Space Industries' chief operating officer and head of business development, said earlier this year, "is that you can split it apart and combine it with other devices." With it, players will be able to fly with a joystick and keyboard, a joystick and throttle, two joysticks, or any combination of custom-made, Star Citizen branded accessories.

Polygon reached out to the Star Citizen team for more information and found out that the system, called the Atom, will be based in part on the Mad Catz STRIKE 7. Instead of Cherry mechanical switches seen on many high-end keyboards, the Atom will feature a "specially engineered membrane which mimics the tactile feel generated by the mechanical keys ... without the resultant excessive noise."

The Atom will be sold in two parts starting Dec. 16. The stick and throttle alone will run $149.99 — comparable to Saitek's existing X52 model — and the keyboard will run $199.99. The first 2,000 units will be signed by Chris Roberts, the designer of Star Citizen. Delivery is scheduled for May.

:capitalism:

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

You know.. im actually starting to hate Chris Roberts as a human being.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Cherry Browns have been out for like 22 years and cherry reds for like 7 none of which make a whole lot of noise.

So just like SC, the controller is over engineered to look pretty, has a bunch of useless poo poo while eschewing things that actually have an impact. Form over function again

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

:psyduck: WTF

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

except replace the machine and have :lesnick: doing it

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

$150 for an X-52 with a worse throttle and trackballs.

I'm guessing this is MadCatz's hail mary before they go bankrupt in 6 months :laugh:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Bolow posted:

$150 for an X-52 with a worse throttle and trackballs.

I'm guessing this is MadCatz's hail mary before they go bankrupt in 6 months :laugh:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Pz2gI_v_II

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

quote:

and the keyboard will run $199.99.

$200 rubber membrane keyboard

I don't know why I expected something different

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Is that the infamous intimidating black man? Are you scared yet goons?

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Polyinky supports SC and has threesomes everyone.

THREESOMES.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

D_Smart posted:

They are backlogged all the way to Oct last I heard. Email them every 3 days. Just copy and paste.

Got a response!....

They changed their "Your refund should hit your bank account in 5 to 10 business days." to "Your refund should hit your bank account in 30 to 45 business days."

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
$350 for an actual manufactured product is a pretty good deal all things considered.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Cherry Browns have been out for like 22 years and cherry reds for like 7 none of which make a whole lot of noise.

So just like SC, the controller is over engineered to look pretty, has a bunch of useless poo poo while eschewing things that actually have an impact. Form over function again

Well, at least they'll re-design all the ships to incorporate this monstrosity into their Space Winnebago Cockpits so that you can use this while wearing your VR helmet...

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

mad.radhu posted:

$200 rubber membrane keyboard

I don't know why I expected something different

I seriously did a stupid thing and bought one of those fancy "Boutique" mechanical keyboards that was way overpriced a while back.

I paid $150.

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

revmoo posted:

I seriously did a stupid thing and bought one of those fancy "Boutique" mechanical keyboards that was way overpriced a while back.

I paid $150.

$150 is about right for a mechanical keyboard depending on the feature set

$20 is about right for a rubber membrane

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

mad.radhu posted:

$150 is about right for a mechanical keyboard depending on the feature set

Unless it's from Razer.

Lord_NeckBeard
Oct 26, 2015

BastionPete posted:

It is a PTU release, it's not surprising at all that it's got issues that need to be fixed. I have it installed and I agree, it's crashing a lot and is highly frustrating, that said, the core gameplay looks really interesting and has a lot of potential to be fun.
When the SocialModule released it had almost a daily patching schedule and a lot of issues were quickly fixed. It's only been out for one working day so far, so I'm not particularly surprised that it's crashing a lot. Give it a couple of weeks and if it's still garbage then sure, we can say there are deeper problems.

The social module coming out broken is another lol. Its a dumb second life non-game and they couldn't even release that cleanly?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Berious posted:

Is that the infamous intimidating black man? Are you scared yet goons?

On one hand, he's a scary black man. On the other, he dresses like a clown.

My two biggest fears! I would be pissing my pants in that club.

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?
Why hasn't Microsoft bought these guys yet? Sure its a terrible money sink, but MS have tons of money they'll never be able to use in the US cos of tax reasons, and also they never stop making terrible decisions these days. They could make it Windows 10 exclusive, and sell collectible dlc cards for weapons and engine upgrades.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

ShredsYouSay posted:

Why hasn't Microsoft bought these guys yet?

They already got burned with Chris Roberts and Freelancer

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
So Star Citizen dev Disco Lando likes debating the meaning of the word truth and the observable nature of fact

https://www.reddit.com/r/Christianity/comments/3t5pgt/stephen_attempts_to_convert_bill_maher/cx3hhe1

Which, yeah, irony

Lord_NeckBeard
Oct 26, 2015

BastionPete posted:

It is a PTU release, it's not surprising at all that it's got issues that need to be fixed. I have it installed and I agree, it's crashing a lot and is highly frustrating, that said, the core gameplay looks really interesting and has a lot of potential to be fun.
When the SocialModule released it had almost a daily patching schedule and a lot of issues were quickly fixed. It's only been out for one working day so far, so I'm not particularly surprised that it's crashing a lot. Give it a couple of weeks and if it's still garbage then sure, we can say there are deeper problems.

The social module coming out broken is another lol. Its a dumb second life non-game and they couldn't even release that cleanly?

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

ShredsYouSay posted:

Why hasn't Microsoft bought these guys yet? Sure its a terrible money sink, but MS have tons of money they'll never be able to use in the US cos of tax reasons, and also they never stop making terrible decisions these days. They could make it Windows 10 exclusive, and sell collectible dlc cards for weapons and engine upgrades.

They could buy it for $2.5 billion, just like Minecraft. Although, they'd be better off buying Kerbal for that amount, as Kerbal is the adult nerd version of Minecraft.

Lord_NeckBeard
Oct 26, 2015
I bet the reason that Lord Smart is going all "it ain't coming out" is that they took out a bunch of loans and have actually spent around $90 million, but without much of anything to show, and a fuckton of debt. If they have loans to pay off, then the inevitable slide in revenue = bankruptcy. They CAN'T just reduce staff as they need to if they also have a mortgage to pay off.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
gently caress all that. Microsoft should bring back Flight Simulator.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

spacetoaster posted:

Got a response!....

They changed their "Your refund should hit your bank account in 5 to 10 business days." to "Your refund should hit your bank account in 30 to 45 business days."

Please post the screenshot I am so close right now

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Notacult

And seriously bad taste

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Booblord Zagats posted:

So Star Citizen dev Disco Lando likes debating the meaning of the word truth and the observable nature of fact

https://www.reddit.com/r/Christianity/comments/3t5pgt/stephen_attempts_to_convert_bill_maher/cx3hhe1

Which, yeah, irony

https://www.reddit.com/user/therealdiscolando

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

theultimo posted:

Notacult

And seriously bad taste
You expect good taste from someone who sends unsolicited pictures of their Wulge to married women?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TasogareNoKagi
Jul 11, 2013

:psyduck:

CIG: alpha 2.0

• Locked thread