Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

They look so glum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Booblord Zagats posted:

So Star Citizen dev Disco Lando likes debating the meaning of the word truth and the observable nature of fact

https://www.reddit.com/r/Christianity/comments/3t5pgt/stephen_attempts_to_convert_bill_maher/cx3hhe1

Which, yeah, irony

Wow and the argument itself is the kind of bullshit philosophical judo that first year undergrads try to use. "My beliefs are just as valid as your facts, man! The methods you use to define your facts can't prove themselves!" Yeah, well, the important distinction is that a sufficient body of empirical evidence can be used to make predictions and then test them. For instance: upon seeing the empirical evidence of 2.0's current state, I predict that you will be back to selling hotdogs at the stadium in a year or so.

Edit: Oops not him. Why would multiple people be named disco lando? Are they all white dudes?

Sarsapariller fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Nov 23, 2015

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Madcatz to CIG: "So we're announcing it now and it'll be shipping by may. Game'll be out by then right?"

CIG: "..."

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Omi-Polari posted:

They look so glum.

does this guy unironically have a fedora as his twitter photo?

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Jst0rm posted:

is like they are selling contra cheat codes to people for thousands of dollars.

When I was a little kid sometimes I rang a premium rate number for game cheats. Chris should set up a similar line only it's Ben heavy breathing (ie his normal breathing) and it costs $500 a minute.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Omi-Polari posted:

gently caress all that. Microsoft should bring back Flight Simulator.

They did, it was called 'Flight' and nobody bought it because it was a cash grab.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Lord_NeckBeard posted:

I bet the reason that Lord Smart is going all "it ain't coming out" is that they took out a bunch of loans and have actually spent around $90 million, but without much of anything to show, and a fuckton of debt. If they have loans to pay off, then the inevitable slide in revenue = bankruptcy. They CAN'T just reduce staff as they need to if they also have a mortgage to pay off.

It's been speculated that the reason people have been getting refunds from multiple sources is because they need to maintain certain account minimums as a condition of their loans.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Cherry Browns have been out for like 22 years and cherry reds for like 7 none of which make a whole lot of noise.

So just like SC, the controller is over engineered to look pretty, has a bunch of useless poo poo while eschewing things that actually have an impact. Form over function again

Corsair just launched these.

STRAFE RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard — Cherry MX Silent

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

It takes some balls to promote your membrane keyboard as being in the same league as microswitches.

Edit: I meant CIG rather than Corsair.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
We do everything: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3tpteh/disco_lando_the_one_man_dev_team/cx8atlp

disco lando posted:

Sometimes I do marketing, sometimes I get to invent lore and companies, sometimes I produce internet videos, and sometimes I get asked to come up with new spaceships and game ideas. We all do what's asked of us. We don't say, "That's not my job, here." We're all here to make the best game we can.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Dusty Lens posted:

Everytime I stop pledging for Star Citizen the dozens of titles in my Steam library start to fade away.

I think there's a decent argument that Gabe saved PC gaming. Chris might save PC gaming from crowdfunding at least in the space genre.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Hav posted:

It takes some balls to promote your membrane keyboard as being in the same league as microswitches.

Edit: I meant CIG rather than Corsair.

ITS A SILENT MECHANICAL KEYBOARD

BY THAT WE MEAN, ITS NOT REALLY A MECHANICAL KEYBOARD

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

More info here: http://hexus.net/tech/news/peripherals/85265-cherry-mx-silent-mechanical-keyswitches-launched/

That actually sound great!

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

grimcreaper posted:

You know.. im actually starting to hate Chris Roberts as a human being.

Hey they probably saved a few dollars by making it extra lovely.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Corsair look nice but I've read nothing but bitching about the fancy LEDs dying all the time making your pretty keyboard look like a piece of poo poo. Filco or get out IMO.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Omi-Polari posted:

They look so glum.

croberts is like kim il in that he makes the rounds and has photo ops with all his peasants.

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Berious posted:

Corsair look nice but I've read nothing but bitching about the fancy LEDs dying all the time making your pretty keyboard look like a piece of poo poo. Filco or get out IMO.

There are lots of other no-nonsense brands out there (Das, Steelseries, Ducky, etc).

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Berious posted:

i hate the throw distant of mechanical keyboards. Honestly the apple keyboard is the best keyboard.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

I've worked in a place like this. It's good when your employees are dedicated enough to do this, and it speaks well for him.

It however, does not speak well for management that they need to ask employees to do that. And in the long run, it's very bad for releasing a quality product, since you constantly have amateurs jumping into things and trying to learn as they go.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Omi-Polari posted:

They look so glum.

They know that one day Crobert will bring with him cool aid and an armed guard.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Jst0rm posted:

i hate the throw distant of mechanical keyboards. Honestly the apple keyboard is the best keyboard.

I like the feedback of mechanical because I type like a caveman hitting a woolly mammoth with a big club.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

Madcatz to CIG: "So we're announcing it now and it'll be shipping by may. Game'll be out by then right?"

CIG: "..."

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/07/02/mad-catz-reports-debt-warning-and-additional-credit-to-ship-rock-band.aspx

:laugh:

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Jst0rm posted:

Good troll buddy

Berious posted:

I like the feedback of mechanical because I type like a caveman hitting a woolly mammoth with a big club.

Spoken like a true Model M aficionado.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Berious posted:

I think that was the old technology corsair, the leds are separate from the board now or something and it doesn't happen or happens way less. I'd never had a mechanical keyboard before and after a couple of years thinking about it and being put off by the noise, I preordered the stealth strafe. Still getting used to it but I like it.

Mrs hasn't complained yet so I think it's quiet enough.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Omi-Polari posted:

They look so glum.

From what we've read they work obscene crunch hours continuously while facing personal abuse and unrealistic demands from upper management for under market rate pay. Sounds like pure hell really. I've had some lovely managers but nothing on that scale. I'm surprised turnover isn't even higher.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Berious posted:

From what we've read they work obscene crunch hours continuously while facing personal abuse and unrealistic demands from upper management for under market rate pay. Sounds like pure hell really. I've had some lovely managers but nothing on that scale. I'm surprised turnover isn't even higher.

too bad there isnt video of them blinking torture in Morris code.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Gwaihir posted:

Good troll buddy

Spoken like a true Model M aficionado.

its just personal preference. The apple keyboard can take a serious beating plus its super easy to clean.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

spacetoaster posted:

Got a response!....

They changed their "Your refund should hit your bank account in 5 to 10 business days." to "Your refund should hit your bank account in 30 to 45 business days."

That is completely loving ludicrous. Can you initiate a chargeback because the stated refund period is unreasonably long?

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

Tortolia posted:

That is completely loving ludicrous. Can you initiate a chargeback because the stated refund period is unreasonably long?

You can initiate a chargeback anyway and I have no idea why he hasn't. I would have initiated one the moment they gave me the run around.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Cherry Browns have been out for like 22 years and cherry reds for like 7 none of which make a whole lot of noise.

So just like SC, the controller is over engineered to look pretty, has a bunch of useless poo poo while eschewing things that actually have an impact. Form over function again

the form also looks like rear end

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

theultimo posted:

Notacult

And seriously bad taste

Bruh, 'Not your Father's Root Beer' has more alcohol in it than American beer, its a step-up from the hoppy piss Americans love.

evilentity
Jun 25, 2010

Berious posted:

Cherry MX blues! :gizz:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzX0MnVzEAU

200$ for rubber dome keyboard, wtf! Notacult

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Jst0rm posted:

its just personal preference. The apple keyboard can take a serious beating plus its super easy to clean.

This. I've had a couple of model Ms, but the Apple keyboard is pretty lush. It's my preference for hacking on things now, but to be honest we really just adapt to these things.

Cherry switches are the K&N filters of the computer world.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013
Have you ever noticed how bulky CR is in the trapezius area? I wouldn't pick a fight with him, he could probably beat the snot out of me. Just posting in this thread is terrifying

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

So just like every new ship they release, their custom made HOTAS will allow you to do whatever you want with it, it's the mary sue of joysticks lol, why did we expect any less from croberts?

Want 3 joysticks and 2 throttles and a keyboard? Sure friend, plug it all in... I'm sure it will work 100% right out of the box.

Also the fact they'll ship them with no appreciable game to play them with is just icing

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I really do like the word hotas though

hotas

its fun to say out loud

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Omi-Polari posted:

They look so glum.

Hats.

There's no heating on in that room. Saving money the Smart way.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Ticket initiated Sep 30

First 3rd of refund issued Oct 12

Second 3rd on Oct 16

Last chunk received today, Nov 23.

Finally 100% free.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Sappo569 posted:

Also the fact they'll ship them with no appreciable game to play them with is just icing

It's interesting that delivery is May 2016, the last month before the modified TOS refund entitlement kicks in. I think they are hoping to get SQ42 out for May, considering they started referring to AC 2.0 as the baby PU, even though it's current not got any persistence at all. I fully expect them to start referring to the baby SQ42, as long as they can point to a component as delivered they have helped cover themselves legally. So they might get away with 5, 10 or 15 missions.

Must be a hell of a mark up on the keyboards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
Lots of refunds today, it's almost like they had cash flow problems and came into some money somehow over the weekend.

• Locked thread