Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Blistex posted:

Current loadout is a G36 in my first weapon slow and a SCAR in the #2.

The G36 fully modded for recoil and handling is hilarious, as there is no recoil, and it feels like you;re just pointing a laser at the enemy at 200-300+ yards. I mainly stick with that and only pull out the SCAR when there are military or Exosuit guys running around.

I had a bit of fun with the M-60 and just wading through the military warehouse on a previous playthrough, but the weight is too much to carry much of anything else. Still funny to watch a whole platoon doing backflips while you just hold down the trigger and rip them apart.

Found a G3 on a merc, I didn't even know that was in AO3, and it pairs nicely with that green sniper rifle that uses the same ammo the mod also adds (it doesn't have an upgrade tree but the magnification and near total lack of recoil make up for that), so I might just have my loadout for the rest of this playthrough all set.

From reading the description of the "official" AO3 port I haven't seen a reason yet to switch over from the unofficial. The 2.0 update is working fine, the only bug is that the sawn-off uses a picture of three artifacts for its inventory image for some reason; traders no longer buy weapons that aren't close to 100%; and I guess it overwrote whatever I had that was giving me something in every stash box because now most are empty. I could reapply Ddraig's overtop again but I don't want to risk loving up a thing that's mostly working.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
Can someone just share a mod that updates your carry weight to vanilla stalker? I'm afraid I'll break something if I try and do it myself. :ohdear:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
A good feature about the official AO3.1 (for CoC) is that now, repairing weapons are so cheap that just about any weapon that you bring to a merchant, that he won't buy? Just repair it, and you'll always make a profit selling it.

So a great way to start as Duty (which already starts with nice armor and an AK with 4 mags) is to go to wild territory and pick up whatever you can, and keep shuffling back between the Bar and the tech guy there. :homebrew:

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Best way to start with a clean COC install is to delete the entire gamedata folder, then run the autoupdater. Will recreate the original gamedata etc.

e: now that the official AO3 release is out, gonna redo my mod to make it compatible.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Klaus88 posted:

Can someone just share a mod that updates your carry weight to vanilla stalker? I'm afraid I'll break something if I try and do it myself. :ohdear:

No mod required, just change the values in two different files. (system.ltx and actor.ltx)

http://stalker.gamebanana.com/tuts/3327

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010
So installing the official ao3 port broke the spawner menu. Anyone know how to fix this?

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Tibbeh posted:

So installing the official ao3 port broke the spawner menu. Anyone know how to fix this?

Is it actually broke, or just taking a long time? Is it CTD or just "freezing? AO3 always causes my first load of the session to take a very long time, then loading every other time is normal.

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010
No AO3 itself works like a champ. The issue is that when I press s to pull up the spawner menu nothing happens. This only started once i installed AO3. This is on a fresh CoC install too

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

:shepspends:

Also, duty's choice of music makes me feel homicidal.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Is that an AN-94? That is a death machine. My first game of CoC+AO3 had that as my favorite weapon for hours after I had moved on to different weapons.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I'm not sure if this is in COC or not, but I know in Radium and such the reason guns like the AN-94 are so drat powerful is that the way the double-tap firing mode works now means that both bullets will pretty much aim up in the same hole.

Bathtub Cheese
Jun 15, 2008

I lust for Chinese world conquest. The truth does not matter before the supremacy of Dear Leader Xi.
Regular COC has the "realistic" AN94 fire rate, where it fires as a very quick burst of two shots hitting the same spot. This is how it's meant to work in real life AFAIK. For some reason, the official AO3.1 release changes the AN94 back to the old style where it fired two bullets at the ROF from the automatic mode. I guess it comes down to which would you rather have, balance or believability ... maybe make the AN94 a much rarer weapon, like might be in real life?

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Morter posted:

Is that an AN-94? That is a death machine. My first game of CoC+AO3 had that as my favorite weapon for hours after I had moved on to different weapons.

It's my workhorse in every playthrough I've ever had. Up until I nab an AS Val that is :getin:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

fennesz posted:

It's my workhorse in every playthrough I've ever had. Up until I nab an AS Val that is :getin:

Same, except VSS :respek:

Well, at least, that's my normal predilection. As I do more runthroughs I try to stick with new and different weapons. Doing a heavily tricked out HK416 right now. The VSK is also quite sexy if I want a VSS-like.

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois
If you're running AO3 try out the AEK-971 (gray, folding stock) if you guys find one, and spec it for ROF increase. You'll have an AK with a 40 round mag that spits out over 1000 RPM and is explicitly designed for burst fire as-is, before you even tinker with handling and recoil. It can actually hit things as well, unlike the AKS74U. It uses cheap 5.45mm ammo and can mount any Warsaw Pact scopes.

It does crap damage unless you're going for headshots, but you can put stupid amounts of lead into things which makes up for low per-bullet damage.

Minarchist fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Nov 21, 2015

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Ddraig posted:

I'm not sure if this is in COC or not, but I know in Radium and such the reason guns like the AN-94 are so drat powerful is that the way the double-tap firing mode works now means that both bullets will pretty much aim up in the same hole.

It was Alundaio's code so COC has it too.

I added a similar feature to the AK-12's 3-round burst though (3 shots at 1,000 rpm), but I probably won't be releasing my super secret million+ weapon update to the team until next week.

If you guys all think AO3 has a lot of weapons, and all nice quality, you haven't seen nothin' yet :smug:

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Swartz posted:

It was Alundaio's code so COC has it too.

I added a similar feature to the AK-12's 3-round burst though (3 shots at 1,000 rpm), but I probably won't be releasing my super secret million+ weapon update to the team until next week.

If you guys all think AO3 has a lot of weapons, and all nice quality, you haven't seen nothin' yet :smug:

:captainpop:

I hope you're not gonna use the idiot unofficial AO3 balance style though.

Delerion
Sep 8, 2008

unf unf unf
Just played SoC for the first time, and it was pretty fun.

Now i started with CS, but i'm having some performance problems with it, i'm running the mod pack mentioned earlier in the thread(contains SRP,texture mods, AO and weather mods)

I was expecting the game to run pretty well on a GTX 970 but it seems it dips way below 20 in some areas, i'm running the game on everything maxed except the antialiasing at 2x, i have a i5-2500 processor and 12gbs of ram.

Edit:looks like using AA from nvidia control panel instead of ingame runs better, and the fps is much better during the day(100-120 fps since the in-game vsync options seems to do nothing) i guess the culprit are the sunrays, they do look nice though, anyone got the game running well even with those on?

Delerion fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Nov 22, 2015

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Doggies! :swoon:

No more doggies. :smithcloud:

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Delerion posted:

Just played SoC for the first time, and it was pretty fun.

Now i started with CS, but i'm having some performance problems with it, i'm running the mod pack mentioned earlier in the thread(contains SRP,texture mods, AO and weather mods)

I was expecting the game to run pretty well on a GTX 970 but it seems it dips way below 20 in some areas, i'm running the game on everything maxed except the antialiasing at 2x, i have a i5-2500 processor and 12gbs of ram.

Edit:looks like using AA from nvidia control panel instead of ingame runs better, and the fps is much better during the day(100-120 fps since the in-game vsync options seems to do nothing) i guess the culprit are the sunrays, they do look nice though, anyone got the game running well even with those on?

Sun rays in CS are really badly optimized. If you want to use them, I'd suggest putting them on low.

As for weather mods, I'd probably recommend SWTC for Clear Sky over Atmosfear. In my opinion it looks better and the shaders are quite well optimized.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vrs79q9DL9s

http://www.moddb.com/mods/clear-sky-weather-total-conversion

Delerion
Sep 8, 2008

unf unf unf

Ddraig posted:

Sun rays in CS are really badly optimized. If you want to use them, I'd suggest putting them on low.

As for weather mods, I'd probably recommend SWTC for Clear Sky over Atmosfear. In my opinion it looks better and the shaders are quite well optimized.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vrs79q9DL9s

http://www.moddb.com/mods/clear-sky-weather-total-conversion

Thanks. Low sunrays seem to work fine.

The mod pack i'm using("clear sky arsenal mod merge") has both atmosfear and SWTC, i was thinking of just installing them manually but Arsenal overhaul uses an older version of SRP as base and i have no idea how to combine them both.

The texture mods also increase the load times a lot, even on an ssd it takes more than a minute to start the game with no prefetch.

edit:the game seems to freeze completely after ~10-20 minutes of play, gonna try to fiddle with the settings but otherwise i think i'll move on to CoP.

Delerion fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Nov 22, 2015

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Klaus88 posted:

:captainpop:

I hope you're not gonna use the idiot unofficial AO3 balance style though.

What's the unofficial balance like?

The thing is, when you have tons of weapons, it becomes very hard to perfectly balance things. Some of the weapons end up being very similar in stats. However, they can have big differences in visual, sound effects, and animations.

In terms of damage, I agree with the concept that pretty much everyone should die in only a few shots, but at the same time a big thing for me is making AP ammo actually useful. I have yet to play a single Stalker game or mod that makes AP ammo useful.

What I did in Radium, is I made it so normal ammo such as FMJ or JHP ammo won't pierce certain armor levels. You shoot someone with it and they'll shrug it off. That's what your AP ammo is for: to punch right on through. However it won't be left like that, as you don't want the player to be in a situation where all they have is a .45 ACP pistol with JHP rounds and they can't kill the guy in the Exoskeleton. That's not fun. So the plan is to give Stalker armor condition similar to what the player has. That is, with each shot, the condition of the enemies armor decreases and the bullets start punching through. So is your pistol going to pierce and exoskeleton in a couple of shots? Probably not unless you loaded it with AP ammo, but if you don't have that you can still kill them by shooting them until their armor is in poo poo condition, then you'll kill them without issue.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Swartz posted:

The thing is, when you have tons of weapons, it becomes very hard to perfectly balance things. Some of the weapons end up being very similar in stats. However, they can have big differences in visual, sound effects, and animations.

In terms of damage, I agree with the concept that pretty much everyone should die in only a few shots, but at the same time a big thing for me is making AP ammo actually useful. I have yet to play a single Stalker game or mod that makes AP ammo useful.

What I did in Radium, is I made it so normal ammo such as FMJ or JHP ammo won't pierce certain armor levels. You shoot someone with it and they'll shrug it off. That's what your AP ammo is for: to punch right on through. However it won't be left like that, as you don't want the player to be in a situation where all they have is a .45 ACP pistol with JHP rounds and they can't kill the guy in the Exoskeleton. That's not fun. So the plan is to give Stalker armor condition similar to what the player has. That is, with each shot, the condition of the enemies armor decreases and the bullets start punching through. So is your pistol going to pierce and exoskeleton in a couple of shots? Probably not unless you loaded it with AP ammo, but if you don't have that you can still kill them by shooting them until their armor is in poo poo condition, then you'll kill them without issue.

Making you pay through the nose for repairs pretty much. I think I saw 30k to fix a goddamn AK and said gently caress it.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Swartz posted:

Are you planning to add any new suits like AO3 does?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Azran posted:

Are you planning to add any new suits like AO3 does?

We have new suits, yes.

I guess eventually we plan to have suits give certain bonuses or detriments to various movement stats, so if you're walking around in an exo you'll move slower than if you wear something light.

A few exos might have the opposite in that they provide speed boosts. Similar to this but not as goofy looking:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42VAEF8g00Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJvmAXCh6Ak

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

You could maybe give bonuses or penalties to the weapon handling stat based on what you're wearing? It'd make sense that you can't handle a little MP5k as easily in an exosuit.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Ddraig posted:

We have new suits, yes.

I guess eventually we plan to have suits give certain bonuses or detriments to various movement stats, so if you're walking around in an exo you'll move slower than if you wear something light.

A few exos might have the opposite in that they provide speed boosts. Similar to this but not as goofy looking:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42VAEF8g00Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJvmAXCh6Ak

Is the NBC Suit planned as an addition? I mean, it's technically already in the game as something NPCs use :v:

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
I'm getting this error when I fire up CoC + AO3

quote:

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : fatal error
[error]Function : CInifile::r_section
[error]File : Xr_ini.cpp
[error]Line : 520
[error]Description : <no expression>
[error]Arguments : Can't open section 'wpn_beretta_up_sounds'. Please attach [*.ini_log] file to your bug report

I've looked around and all I've found for help is people talking about a few completely different mods on Russian Facebook

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Azran posted:

Is the NBC Suit planned as an addition? I mean, it's technically already in the game as something NPCs use :v:

Really there's a few limitations on the kinds of suits we can use. These are:

1. There has to be a good third person model. We've got actor shadows and other neat stuff now, so chances are good at some point you'll probably see yourself. If it's ugly, that's a no-go
2. There has to be good hand models. I guess for a lot of suits we can double up as most standard protective suits are sort of built on the same spec.

I guess a good icon is also essential but we have a guy that can make good icons, so that probably won't be an issue. I'm a bit of a stickler for details. Swartz can probably recall at time I was stressing about a suit's third person model having leather gloves and the first person model having none.

Delerion
Sep 8, 2008

unf unf unf
Just finished Clear Sky, had to drop down to dx9 to play it without crashing, early game was fun but the end was a horrible quickloadfest, small corridor shooting with one-hit kills wasn't much fun.

Time to move on to CoP, i think i'll run with SWTC, sound mod and some texture mods for the first playthrough.

Delerion fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Nov 23, 2015

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Hrmm, the AO3 official port is rather poor. Turns out the _G.script wasn't modified at all which is required to add new ammo types since that's now a global variable because the death manager has been optimized heavily. Stalkers won't drop new ammo because of this.

Not sure what else has been missed out.

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010
It also broke the CoC spawner menu. Really hoping someone fixes it so I can be a dirty cheater again

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Is there any simple way to change the damage a weapon does in the .ltx file? I'm playing an old version of misery, purely because I can't be assed to redo the shaders and environment mods for AO3, and I really want to mess with the hosed up damage values on a lot of weapons.

e: It's hit_power. Odd that the first few weapon editing guides failed to mention this.
Goddamnit.

fennesz fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Nov 24, 2015

Delerion
Sep 8, 2008

unf unf unf
Anyone know what does the patch_fov75 optional folder in OWR actually do, as in is it essential when running the game with the fov switcher?

I'm trying to use OWR lite for my first CoP run and it crashes with an error:

Expression : fatal error
Function : CInifile::r_section
File : D:\prog_repository\sources\trunk\xrCore\Xr_ini.cpp
Line : 502
Description : <no expression>
Arguments : Can't open section 'up_gr_fifthcd_no_9x19'. Please attach [*.ini_log] file to your bug report

OWR full works just fine though, have they put the full version's fov fix to the lite and it cant find the files for the added weapons or something?

If it's important when running at fov 75, i guess i might as well use the full version with the new weapons.

Edit:whoa, the game eats a ton of memory with absolute textures, while i got plenty to spare it seems that not even the 4gb patch is enough as with prefetching it goes to 4gb and crashes.

Delerion fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Nov 24, 2015

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

:frogsiren: A SECOND HOTFIX FOR AO3 FOR CoC IS OUT ! :frogsiren:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Klaus88 posted:

:frogsiren: A SECOND HOTFIX FOR AO3 FOR CoC IS OUT ! :frogsiren:

:confuoot: WHICH AO3? :confuoot:

Edit. I'm looking at both (Official/Unofficial), and I don't see any updates.

Morter fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Nov 24, 2015

Robert Red Rocket
Apr 28, 2013

CHEATED ON HIS WIFE, SLEPT WITH PROSTITUTES ON FBI TAPES, JACQUELINE KENNEDY SAID MLK WAS TAPE-RECORDED BY FBI PLANNING A SEX PARTY

Morter posted:

:confuoot: WHICH AO3? :confuoot:

Edit. I'm looking at both (Official/Unofficial), and I don't see any updates.

It's been out for a while (the official one)

http://www.moddb.com/mods/arsenal-overhaul/news/call-of-chernobyl-1224-addon-november-20th

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Oh, hah, I didn't look under the main page, just under Downloads. Whoops.

Edit: Any word on what the hotfix actually does?

Morter fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Nov 24, 2015

Delerion
Sep 8, 2008

unf unf unf
Looks like HBAO in CoP causes grass and other shadows behave oddly for me with a GTX970 despite internet telling me that HBAO is for nvidia.

HDAO seems to work fine though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Klaus88 posted:

I'll upload a base carry weight mod for you and other scaredy stalkers, with optional weights lol
How's 60, 65 and 70 sound?

Along with a Immersion Ruining Music mod with compatibility for Faction Playlist by Team Epic.

As soon as I'm out of the Crisis Unit that is :v: