Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
If you back SC you own 2 things:

Jpegs
Yourself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raticus79
Oct 21, 2015
PTU patch is live.

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
It's funny because sometimes you play really well developed and maintained games and you do accidentally throw some sort of input that the game wasn't really meant to handle but it's overengineered and your session survives no problem. SC seems like the opposite so far. The pictures are sort of pretty but it looks like it's held together by popsicle sticks and Elmer's glue.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Imagine a star citizen

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

So I didn't follow the thread for a while, what ever became of derek smart taking star citizen to court? Was he just talking poo poo to make people pay attention to him again?

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

MeLKoR posted:

You keep saying you don't care about the whales whining but who do you think will pay for server upkeep? If this ever comes out I give it 6 months before it veers into Payday 2 territory.

Good point.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

spacetoaster posted:

Got a response!....

They changed their "Your refund should hit your bank account in 5 to 10 business days." to "Your refund should hit your bank account in 30 to 45 business days."

Told you to keep trying. Ask them WHY it will take so long.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

AP posted:

Lots of refunds today, it's almost like they had cash flow problems and came into some money somehow over the weekend.

Anniversary sales. Also, I know for a fact that they're trying to do any many as possible before Nov 30 passes. There is a reason for that. Wait.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

I'm still waiting for the Swedish mafia.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Madcosby posted:

Is there some proposed Derek Smart lawsuit coming or was that just typical Smart

We're working through it. Had a legal meeting today discussing some things (the arbitration clause which they've only just figured out how to get around). Also have a meeting with the AG of two States next week.

Trust me, we're on it. It's huge. And if those pricks are reading this, I think they know by now that I'm not screwing around. I have given them every opportunity to do the right thing.

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Nov 24, 2015

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Berious posted:

Refunds in installments is the hallmark of a healthy non-shady company.

^this

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Derek's going to put it all in his next blog

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

EminusSleepus posted:

SC white knights be like

"haters gonna hate"

ROTFLMAO!! Seriously, where the hell do you guys GET this stuff from? I'm dying here :)

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Would anybody like an argument?

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

D_Smart posted:

We're working through it. Had a legal meeting today discussing some things (the arbitration clause which they've only just figured out how to get around). Also have a meeting with the AG of two States next week.

Trust me, we're on it. It's huge. And if those pricks are reading this, I thin they know my now that I'm not screwing around. I have given them every opportunity to do the right thing.

And what exactly have they done wrong that is illegal? They made a video game. It's not very good yet, and it was made in the most inefficient way humanly possible, but it's still a game. I am just curious what the exact grounds for this lawsuit are that calls for meetings with AGs in different states. Your demands before (I assume you are referring to your release financials/these people resign/whatever blog post) were not a "chance to do the right thing," they were demands fueled by your ego boner.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Mirificus posted:

Looking at someone's Reddit posts is occasionally is creepy but having an entire sub-Reddit devoted to stalking someone who critiques a game you like is not.

Yeah, go figure.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

D_Smart posted:

Trust me, we're on it. It's huge. And if those pricks are reading this, I thin they know my now that I'm not screwing around. I have given them every opportunity to do the right thing.
:gowron::gowron::gowron:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Ragequit posted:

And what exactly have they done wrong that is illegal? They made a video game. It's not very good yet, and it was made in the most inefficient way humanly possible, but it's still a game. I am just curious what the exact grounds for this lawsuit are that calls for meetings with AGs in different states. Your demands before (I assume you are referring to your release financials/these people resign/whatever blog post) were not a "chance to do the right thing," they were demands fueled by your ego boner.

:smug:

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

The game didn't get finished because of D_Smart and the loving goons! It is their fault! *goes online and tries to hire a professional assassin and is arrested by the FBI*

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Emotions running high

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Unless they're in wheelchairs so I guess just rolling hard.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
So, how's the PTU patch? What changed?

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Ok so it's nothing as usual. Good to know.

"Yes, Florida Attorney General office? I'd like to schedule a meeting. It's about a video game that wronged me."

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Ragequit posted:

Source your quotes

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Ragequit posted:

"Yes, Florida Attorney General office? I'd like to schedule a meeting. It's about a video game that wronged me."
Google: Washington v. Altius.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

. . .

. . .

. . . Karl's creepiness is one of the main reasons Bootcha isn't posting much these days.

jaffyjaffy
Sep 27, 2010
I'd be ok with not getting my $65 back if that lawsuit provides me with $65 of entertainment. As much as I'd like them to be successful and make a solid game, schadenfreude is just fine.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Dusty Lens posted:

Unless they're in wheelchairs so I guess just rolling hard.

Let's see if you are a psychic

What's that limp biscuit song I am thinking of?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

fuzzknot posted:

. . .

. . .

. . . Karl's creepiness is one of the main reasons Bootcha isn't posting much these days.

Don't let them win!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Have I, in any of the Star Citizen threads, said that Cloud Imperium Gaming is an unbelievably stupid loving name?

Because Cloud Imperium Gaming is an unbelievably stupid loving name.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Omi-Polari posted:

Google: Washington v. Altius.

That was actually pretty interesting, but it looks like the group just took the money and ran, offering not a single product nor returns. Quite a bit different here. I know some people have gotten items like the crappy mugs and jackets - are there still items undelivered? The only real problem I can see so far is the issue with refunds taking a long time. That is definitely not good, but I don't know if it's exactly illegal.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Ragequit posted:

They made a tech demo. It's not very stable yet, and it was made in the most hilarious way humanely possible, but it's still a tech demo.

FTFY

Until there are actual goals, a story, some way to win, etc. this "game" is and shall remain a demo.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Have I, in any of the Star Citizen threads, said that Cloud Imperium Gaming is an unbelievably stupid loving name?

Because Cloud Imperium Gaming is an unbelievably stupid loving name.

Agreed, it is very misleading.
They should have called themselves

No Game gently caress It Lets Sell Jpegs

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Ragequit posted:

For someone who literally only posts in this thread to call out Derek Smart, its kind of amazing you still don't know what he's claiming to base his lawsuit on.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

peter gabriel posted:

Derek's going to put it all in his next blog
I hope Derek will consult us on a suitably bombastic blog title for this next. The various sequels of "Interstellar" having started to feel a bit worn out.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

G0RF posted:

I hope Derek will consult us on a suitably bombastic blog title for this next. The various sequels of "Interstellar" having started to feel a bit worn out.

This bunch of Clownshoes Tried Making A Game, What Happened Next Will Leave You Breathless...

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

fuzzknot posted:

. . .

. . .

This explains a lot.

And yeah, his weird vendetta against Bootcha basically killed any possibility of me having any sympathy whatsoever for that fucko.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

peter gabriel posted:

This bunch of Clownshoes Tried Making A Game, What Happened Next Will Leave You Breathless...

Congratulations, you've won a lawsuit!

RuckusRouser
Sep 28, 2015

Theres a lot of close ups of landing gear

Ragequit posted:

That was actually pretty interesting, but it looks like the group just took the money and ran, offering not a single product nor returns. Quite a bit different here. I know some people have gotten items like the crappy mugs and jackets - are there still items undelivered? The only real problem I can see so far is the issue with refunds taking a long time. That is definitely not good, but I don't know if it's exactly illegal.

Chris Roberts will call you up tomorrow and say, "Ragequit, the end of November 2015 is only a week away and I originally promised in our TOS to release financials by that date if the game was not fully released. I need your advice, should I release CIG's financials on Dec 1, 2015? If no, why not?"

How do you respond?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Google Butt posted:

Congratulations, you've won a lawsuit!

Shoot The Monkey To Buy A Jpeg

• Locked thread