Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Derek, if you had a Limit Break (see video below) what would you name it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2xtggrMFWo

i.e "Smart Bomb".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

peter gabriel posted:

This bunch of Clownshoes Tried Making A Game, What Happened Next Will Leave You Breathless...

5 Gamebreaking bugs Derek Smart doesn't want you to know about, #3 will astound you!

Raticus79
Oct 21, 2015

Warcabbit posted:

So, how's the PTU patch? What changed?

People are still getting frequent crashes, but the option to go straight from the menu to the Crusader station without needing to go through the hangar speeds things up at least.

Broccoli Cat
Mar 8, 2013

"so, am I right in understanding that you're a bigot or aficionado of racist humor?

STAR CITIZEN is for WHITES ONLY!

:lesnick:

Jobbo_Fett posted:

FTFY

Until there are actual goals, a story, some way to win, etc. this "game" is and shall remain a demo.

I've heard the goal is to kill you, chief.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Raticus79 posted:

People are still getting frequent crashes, but the option to go straight from the menu to the Crusader station without needing to go through the hangar speeds things up at least.

lol.

jaffyjaffy
Sep 27, 2010
Game Publishers Hate Him! Chris Roberts Shares 5 Marketing Secrets!

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

peter gabriel posted:

Don't let them win!

I think there has been enough self-ownage at this point that no matter what happens, they will never win anyway. Like I told Bootcha, there's really no point in wasting time on it when the truth will come out sooner or later.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

T.G. Xarbala posted:

This explains a lot.

And yeah, his weird vendetta against Bootcha basically killed any possibility of me having any sympathy whatsoever for that fucko.

Hmm, yes; it is pretty disturbing. It's starting to take on an uncomfortable resemblance to a stalking incident I experienced a while back.

That said, perhaps I should have added to my earlier post:

Hi, Karl. I'm a lot meaner than Bootcha and a lot less likely to be forgiving if you gently caress up. Don't gently caress up.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

fuzzknot posted:

I think there has been enough self-ownage at this point that no matter what happens, they will never win anyway. Like I told Bootcha, there's really no point in wasting time on it when the truth will come out sooner or later.

True, and it's always worth remembering - this goes to everyone here - these people reported their own images and got them removed from Imgur :lol:

We need to never forget that one small but hilarious thing.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

peter gabriel posted:

True, and it's always worth remembering - this goes to everyone here - these people reported their own images and got them removed from Imgur :lol:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

:thurman:

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Derek, Krazy Karl is waiting for your lawsuit so he can apply his Nazi accounting subliminal messaging to counteract your lawsuit.

don't let this peaceful world go into the hands of a Nazi Accountant

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

http://youtu.be/jo85N7P5UeQ

Latest 10 for the producers

Skip to 8:20. What are you most proud of?

Delivering on time, emotes.. The second guys answer is the best thing ever. Like truly fantastic. :airquote:

ZenMaster fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Nov 24, 2015

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

peter gabriel posted:

. . . Yeah, that's true; I probably don't have anything to worry about. gently caress it. The self-ownage is bound to prevail.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

A Neurotic Jew posted:

For someone who literally only posts in this thread to call out Derek Smart, its kind of amazing you still don't know what he's claiming to base his lawsuit on.

Between the regular goon shitposts and Derek's shitposts it's hard to keep up when I pop in every other day or so. I don't read his blog posts or Reddit, so this thread is it. I honestly can't remember. I see lots of "You'll see!" "They'll rue the day!" huffing and puffing, but cannot recall a "I am taking them to court over this" post that is succinct and doesn't repeat itself or link to literal thousands of words blog posts.

RuckusRouser posted:

Chris Roberts will call you up tomorrow and say, "Ragequit, the end of November 2015 is only a week away and I originally promised in our TOS to release financials by that date if the game was not fully released. I need your advice, should I release CIG's financials on Dec 1, 2015? If no, why not?"

How do you respond?

Does the TOS actually say financials will be released by Dec 2015 if no game is out by then? Because if so, that's amazing. But then there is the whole argument over what is and isn't a game with a jury of peers, and that sounds like a nightmare.

jaffyjaffy
Sep 27, 2010

Ragequit posted:

Does the TOS actually say financials will be released by Dec 2015 if no game is out by then? Because if so, that's amazing. But then there is the whole argument over what is and isn't a game with a jury of peers, and that sounds like a nightmare.

"ToS v1.1 of 08/29/13" posted:

IV. Charges & Billing

“RSI agrees to use its good faith business efforts to deliver to you the pledge items and the Game on or before the estimated delivery date. However, you acknowledge and agree that delivery as of such date is not a promise by RSI since unforeseen events may extend the development and/or production time. Accordingly, you agree that any unearned portion of the deposit shall not be refundable until and unless RSI has failed to deliver the pledge items and/or the Game to you within 12 months after the estimated delivery date [11/2014].”

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Ragequit posted:

I never thought anything, or anyone, would ever challenge Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing to define just what a game actually is.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

neonbregna posted:

Please post the screenshot I am so close right now

IT CAN BE COMMON. :colbert:

It's already past 30 days. I'll keep sending emails.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Ragequit posted:

Between the regular goon shitposts and Derek's shitposts it's hard to keep up when I pop in every other day or so. I don't read his blog posts or Reddit, so this thread is it. I honestly can't remember. I see lots of "You'll see!" "They'll rue the day!" huffing and puffing, but cannot recall a "I am taking them to court over this" post that is succinct and doesn't repeat itself or link to literal thousands of words blog posts.

I think any dramatic lawsuits, etc., will have to wait till well after the end of this month, and even at that, I'm sure it won't be nearly the level of drama everyone seems to expect. Most likely it will be a bunch of tedious bullshit and technicalities and nothing will come of it except maybe people will be able to get refunds more easily. I would like to think that crowdfunding legislation would result, at least because of the dollar amount involved, but I don't think it's enough of a high profile case to warrant even that. :(

That said, I will be very surprised if no one goes to jail over this.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Ragequit posted:

I believe so since the lawsuit is based on the TOS, which have been held up in civil court. The product is the game as promised, which hasn't been released. I think they have a responsibility to show where the money has gone. $90 Million+ for a tech demo is unacceptable.

Also CIG will prevent this lawsuit from going forward with every breath, they'll collapse before this even goes to court.

Dapper Dan fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Nov 24, 2015

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Dapper Dan posted:

I believe so since the lawsuit is based on the TOS, which have been held up in civil court. The product is the game as promised, which hasn't been released. I think they have a responsibility to show where the money has gone. $90 Million+ for a tech demo is unacceptable.

Bare minimum, unjust enrichment should be easy to prove.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

spacetoaster posted:

IT CAN BE COMMON. :colbert:

It's already past 30 days. I'll keep sending emails.

Pro Hint: Sometimes customer support lies to you.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Dapper Dan posted:

Also CIG will prevent this lawsuit from going forward with every breath, they'll collapse before this even goes to court.

Well that makes more sense then, but ultimately sounds pretty boring with all of this announced buildup and bluster. I would be genuinely curious to see where the exact line is between tech demo and game, and how that conclusion is reached. Like fuzz mentioned, I see absolutely nothing coming from this except a tied up legal system, wasted money from both the prosecution and defense, and if everyone is very lucky, some new crowdfunding rules years down the road.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Pro Hint: Sometimes customer support Sandi lies to you.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

peter gabriel posted:

If you back SC you own 2 things:

Jpegs
Yourself

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Ragequit posted:

Well that makes more sense then, but ultimately sounds pretty boring with all of this announced buildup and bluster. I would be genuinely curious to see where the exact line is between tech demo and game, and how that conclusion is reached. Like fuzz mentioned, I see absolutely nothing coming from this except a tied up legal system, wasted money from both the prosecution and defense, and if everyone is very lucky, some new crowdfunding rules years down the road.

Star Citizen 2.0 is a proof of concept you show to publishers to get your game funded.

Only this time there are no evil publishers.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Reposting for posterity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGRsEF953n0

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Star Citizen isn't about making a game, it's about sending a :gary:

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

fuzzknot posted:

That said, I will be very surprised if no one goes to jail over this.

:eyepop:

Hey Karl? gently caress right the hell off.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

no_recall posted:

Star Citizen 2.0 is a proof of concept you show to publishers to get your game funded.

Only this time there are no evil publishers.

Exactly, but if it should (it won't) go to court, CIG lawyers just have to prove to some average [state] jurors that what they are seeing in exhibit A/B/C/infinity is actually a game, which doesn't sound like it'll take all that much convincing to do.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Ragequit posted:

it's very possible that chris roberts used backer money for dumbass poo poo beyond $20k coffee machines for which he should be shamed.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Does the DickWulf have any IRL friends that he didn't buy?

https://twitter.com/CaptainZyloh/status/668895051733336064

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Transcribing this while I wait for it to finish downloading because I couldn't find a version online anywhere:

2.0b Patch Notes
  • The Hangar elevator is not working and will cause a client crash when users attempt to use it to go to Crusader.
  • Please go to Crusader via the new Main Menu -> Universe -> Crusader option
  • We have a specific issue council thread where we are requesting additional information from players regarding error 0 disconnections
Some special reminders from the main 2.0.0 patch notes
  • Approaching the atmosphere of a planet or moon too closely will result in your ship receiving a warning, and if you continue flying toward it for too long, your ship will begin to rattle apart and be destroyed.
  • This is not how the functionality will work long term, and is temporary for the purposes of testing.
  • This will also happen if you approach the edge of the Crusader system.
Arena Commander multiplayer and ArcCorp are unavailable on the current PTU during this phase of testing
Returning to the hangar from Crusader crashes the client

Gameplay
  • A Universe option has been added to the main game menu. This includes the option to travel to ArcCorp or Crusader directly from the menu rather than the "Elevator" in your hangar.

Fixes
  • Fixed an issue where the text for the holotable would appear blurry and unreadable

Arena Commander Module Fixes
  • Fixed an issue in Tutorial, Chapter 2, where Gilly was frequently turning his entire ship around to 'look' at the player character as though inebriated.
  • Fixed an issue with the Avenger Stalker and Titan where players would fall through the cargo hold floor.
  • Fixed an issue where the Avenger Stalker and Titan cargo hold would appear outside of the ship or clipping into the ground at certain distances.
  • Fixed an issue with the Constellation Andromeda's cockpit lighting, where the lighting would drop out depending on the camera angle.
  • Fixed an issue where there was no "Press X to Respawn" message on the HUD after ejecting in AC.

Social Module/Persistent Universe Fixes
  • Fixed an issue where security post Kareah would not appear on the Navigation points for Quantum Travel.
  • Fixed an issue where repairing would sometimes cause duplicate geometry to fly from the ship while repairing, negatively impacting performance.
  • Fixed an issue with certain ships spinning out of control when exiting into zero-g.
  • Fixed an issue where the Multicrew engineering panels could not interact with shield allocations.
  • Fixed an issue where weapons could be switched while they were still being reloaded.
  • Fixed an issue where the M50 and mustang had twice the quantum travel fuel they were supposed to.
  • Fixed an issue with the Constellation Andromeda, where the ship interior would become very blurry when the ship was in motion.
  • Fixed a number of server-side crashes.
  • Fixed a client crash at Comms Array 126 due to the pirate encounter.
  • Fixed an issue where repairing the Constellation Andromeda caused a server disconnect for the pilot.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Patch for 2.0 dropped a few hours ago. Stability not enhanced.

That is all.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

no_recall posted:

Star Citizen 2.0 is a proof of concept you show to white knights to sell more jpeg spaceships.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Sarsapariller posted:

Approaching the atmosphere of a planet or moon too closely will result in your ship receiving a warning, and if you continue flying toward it for too long, your ship will begin to rattle apart and be destroyed.

Freelancer 1.3 is looking really good.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

A Neurotic Jew posted:

:eyepop:

Hey Karl? gently caress right the hell off.

:D

Bootcha bought me that avatar, a quote from my first post in this thread, for a reason. :D

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Ragequit posted:

Exactly, but if it should (it won't) go to court, CIG lawyers just have to prove to some average [state] jurors that what they are seeing in exhibit A/B/C/infinity is actually a game, which doesn't sound like it'll take all that much convincing to do.

Yeah, I think this is the case with the sudden abrupt move into "alpha". the Jury doesn't care if it's "prealpha", "alpha", "beta" whatever. All that matters is we can purchase, login and play. In this promised 16 player instanced world where you can, board your ship, fly with your friends, do missions, jump in and out of your ship, and has 1 million km square of play space. And that's what matters, in context CR did achieve what he set out to do; you can argue with the points Derek has raised up but I don't think he has much to stand on.

Unless Derek can prove us wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Ragequit posted:

Maybe the average layperson won't know anything about games, but mis-managing funds is very different.

"Why did Sandi need several tens of thousands of dollars to travel, go on vacation, finance her 'acting' career, etc?"

• Locked thread