Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Iron Tusk posted:

Does the DickWulf have any IRL friends that he didn't buy?

https://twitter.com/CaptainZyloh/status/668895051733336064

I'm at least 40 percent sure that his wife was a mail-order bride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

no_recall posted:

Yeah, I think this is the case with the sudden abrupt move into "alpha". the Jury doesn't care if it's "prealpha", "alpha", "beta" whatever. All that matters is we can purchase, login and play. In this promised 16 player instanced world where you can, board your ship, fly with your friends, do missions, jump in and out of your ship, and has 1 million km square of play space. And that's what matters, in context CR did achieve what he set out to do; you can argue with the points Derek has raised up but I don't think he has much to stand on.

Unless Derek can prove us wrong.

I'm sure you've seen the list of all the things Chris Roberts has promised up to this point. Court proceedings aren't so simple as showing the jury the game and having them go back to the jury room, case dismissed. They have to defend they've implemented the content they've promised item by item. This is assuming, of course, things ever get that far. It seems to me that there are larger things at stake than the content put in the game, but it's an important foothold to get the ball rolling.

A Neurotic Jew fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Nov 24, 2015

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

spacetoaster posted:

IT CAN BE COMMON. :colbert:

It's already past 30 days. I'll keep sending emails.
Please be patient, the refund process may take a maximum of 30 days. It may even take a maximum of 100 days. I don't know.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Ragequit posted:

Exactly, but if it should (it won't) go to court, CIG lawyers just have to prove to some average [state] jurors that what they are seeing in exhibit A/B/C/infinity is actually a game, which doesn't sound like it'll take all that much convincing to do.

They have to prove that it is a game as promised, which it most certainly isn't.

Also, like I said before, an allegation of unjust enrichment would be quite easy to prove, no matter what kind of "game" exists.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Iron Tusk posted:

Does the DickWulf have any IRL friends that he didn't buy?

https://twitter.com/CaptainZyloh/status/668895051733336064

Have you ever seen hughmons having backyard barbeques, or going to a bar, or doing other activities? Imagine that but instead of friends they have some money.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
if Chris tries to mush-mouth his way out of the hundreds of things he's promised he will be accused of lying under oath and it will be extremely easy to prove he has done so. We're not talking about the latest episode of 10 for the Chairman. Although I guess it could be depending on the jury.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

fuzzknot posted:

Hmm, yes; it is pretty disturbing. It's starting to take on an uncomfortable resemblance to a stalking incident I experienced a while back.

That said, perhaps I should have added to my earlier post:

Hi, Karl. I'm a lot meaner than Bootcha and a lot less likely to be forgiving if you gently caress up. Don't gently caress up.
That's pretty bloody arseholish-- but I guess not that surprising given Karl's previously demonstrated feelings of impotent rage and probable envy of Bootcha.

No girlfriend (save Matilda), no Concierge (not black) Black Card, and he's only halfway to earning admittance into the Million Mile High sausage party.

So spare him a little sympathy if you can muster it.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
General Fixes
  • Fixed an issue where pledges were slowing down by having a sale.
  • Fixed an issue where good will was being generated by selling more and more 'limited edition' jpegs.
  • Fixed an issue where people were experiencing 'gameplay' by increasing crash frequency.
  • Fixed an issue where possible fun was being had.
  • Fixed an issue where sensible concerns were being raised by shitcanning them to the Concern Forum LOL.
  • Fixed an issue where people were thinking about stopping playing Elite Dangerous by releasing 2.0.
  • Fixed an issue where Chris was feeling lonely by Tweeting DickWulf.
  • Fixed a number of Ben's chairs.
  • Fixed my teeth, been promising myself that for years, thanks backers!
  • Fixed an issue where issues were happening by not putting them in pacth notes anymore because gently caress it who cares.
  • Fixed an issue where framerates were sometimes hitting double figures by trying to put more code into the engine.

Raticus79
Oct 21, 2015
I wonder where the "fixed an issue where a feature wasn't implemented yet" patch notes style got started. I noticed Blizzard does it too.

Gryphon0468
Oct 3, 2015

ASK ME IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE TO SUCK OFF CHRIS ROBERTS

kikkelivelho posted:

All the turrets should've been remote controlled with an automation options. The Retaliator's interior is completely ruined because you need to have physical access to all the turrets around the ship. And who the gently caress wants to be on constant turret duty? That seems like the most boring poo poo ever. With remote/automated turrets a single co-pilot could seamlessly jump between them while also managing other ship systems (is this what Elite is going to do?).

You'll be pleased to know then that it's already planned that you can have automated turrets controlled by AI, ability scaling with cost/rarity.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

G0RF posted:

That's pretty bloody arseholish-- but I guess not that surprising given Karl's previously demonstrated feelings of impotent rage and probable envy of Bootcha.

No girlfriend (save Matilda), no Concierge (not black) Black Card, and he's only halfway to earning admittance into the Million Mile High sausage party.

Pfft. Absolutely not. I've been stalked before and didn't like it. What Karl is doing to Bootcha is not much different and is beginning to approach what I've been through before. I don't have any sympathy for anyone going out of his way to be an rear end in a top hat.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Anyone else spend way more than they planned on this game?

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
I have an idea for a mobile phone app. I'm calling it Candy Cruiser: JPEG Saga. There's no actual gameplay and I haven't coded anything yet (I only know verilog), but if you pay early for this limited edition JPG

I can pay for some android api lessons and release a great game with multiplayer functionality and novel dazzling gameplay. This is a revolutionary game, created by the nephew of one of your favorite game devs: Derek Smart. That's how you know it'll be quality. Also, I am going to get famous voice actor Daniel Radcliffe, famous for Wilfred and Broken Age, to narrate this arcade style game. If you kickstart now, maybe I'll put in a clause for refunding you later!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/570152373/giant-flying-glitter-boobies-come-in-and-create?ref=nav_search

Gryphon0468
Oct 3, 2015

Iglocska posted:

In my opinion (and I've spent around $700 on the game in total) - anything that you can get via pledges should be trivial to get for players actually playing the game. If it makes whales extremely unhappy so be it. Any ship that you get is a token gift to you for donating money for them, whoever doesn't agree with this is an idiot.

The thing these people here don't seem to understand is that the "whales" already know their ships aren't literally worth the dollar amount and know that everything will be fairly available in the PU.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

now they are just spamming poo poo up

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

General Fixes
  • Fixed an issue where pledges were slowing down by having a sale.
  • Fixed an issue where good will was being generated by selling more and more 'limited edition' jpegs.
  • Fixed an issue where people were experiencing 'gameplay' by increasing crash frequency.
  • Fixed an issue where possible fun was being had.
  • Fixed an issue where sensible concerns were being raised by shitcanning them to the Concern Forum LOL.
  • Fixed an issue where people were thinking about stopping playing Elite Dangerous by releasing 2.0.
  • Fixed an issue where Chris was feeling lonely by Tweeting DickWulf.
  • Fixed a number of Ben's chairs.
  • Fixed my teeth, been promising myself that for years, thanks backers!
  • Fixed an issue where issues were happening by not putting them in pacth notes anymore because gently caress it who cares.
  • Fixed an issue where framerates were sometimes hitting double figures by trying to put more code into the engine.
:vince:

Gryphon0468
Oct 3, 2015

Beet Wagon posted:

I have found the handful of people in here going "That...kinda looks fun..." to be pretty entertaining. It's like nobody wants to admit it.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

PTU 2.0.0b attempts: same mission- spawn retaliator, fly to nearby station, get out.

Attempt 1: Oh, they added some menu backgrounds, that's nice. The new "Universe" option on the main menu means you don't have to load the hangar just to walk to the drat elevator which is a nice time saver. Loaded into the game, noticed a bunch of new text spam about missions added to a "Journal" which I do not know how to access. I was one of the first into the server- got a retaliator spawned and managed to get into it without falling through the floor! Began experiencing the 5-second-stutter bug, which I'm beginning to think happens as more people join the instance or possibly as more ships are spawned, one of the two. Flew the ship off the pad before hitting the external view camera which caused my controls to disconnect and put me into permanent I-want-to-look-at-the-HUD-displays mode. Within a minute, full game crash occurred.

Attempt 2: Got in first again. I'm noticing a really weird flickering effect that wasn't present yesterday, whenever I first load in- I think it may be due to SLI which I've just turned on. In any case it always clears up by the time I exit the first room. Sprinted to launch pad and got myself quantummed out of the starting area in a vain attempt to get away from the landing pad before people loading in caused it to crash- no dice. During the stutter-stop-stutter-stop period I got to play a little with launching the retaliator's telephone-pole sized torpedos at some unsuspecting raiders. That was amusing, but it's a bit frustrating that the pilot doesn't have any of the guns slaved automatically- that thing is going to be drat near defenseless when flown solo. The HUD is much more extensive than I realized- there are screens all over the ceiling and console that you can only see if you turn on mouse look and they're all interactive. Some very cool opportunities there. Game crashed before I could clear pirates out.

Attempts 3-4: Server full! Time out! Error messages still require a full exit from game.

Attempt 5: Decide "gently caress it" and board a Constellation with some other players. Some immediate observations: there's apparently location-based body damage, as I discovered when I jumped off a cliff (in zero-g) and snapped my ankles on impact with the deck below. Ouch. Also apparently there's a flashlight on the helmet? Somebody had his on. The stuttering is definitely server side- every time it comes back from a freeze, everyone's in the same position they'd been standing in 5 seconds prior. Got to the turret section of the Constellation and hit F to use- animation played, and I was immediately ejected through the roof of the ship. BOING. Before I could fly back around it had despawned leaving one other very confused player standing on the deck. Then the server crashed.

Attempt 6: Time out!

Attempt 7: Jump in a gladius because it's slightly faster off the launch pad, get to quantum again. I'm seeing a lot of the same faces and everyone seems to always be in the middle of respawn when I load in- so I do a poll. Nobody's managing to stay connected for more than a couple minutes at a time. It appears to just be the same group of us getting disconnected over and over again, basically. Someone tells me that F9 is the key for the mobiglass which contains journal stuff- sure enough there it is amidst a bunch of non functional stuff. Looks nice, but it'll be hell on any mmo modder trying to make a more efficient interface. Oh well. Server crashes as I attempt to engage pirates.

Attempt 8: Fun new game- hitting F9 while in locked animations turns on the mobiglass. Since it's glued to your characters face due to terrible design decisions, it spazzes out all over the loving place as your character gets out of bed or climbs a ladder. Highly entertaining. Spawned a retaliator but when I got to the pad it wasn't there. Boarded connie instead. Attempted to use mobiglass to identify the pilots but it was much more interested about giving me details and prices of their sidearms(?) instead. Watching the constellation take off while standing over the pilot's shoulder was a truly cool moment- lessened somewhat by the game then crashing seconds later. I noticed that you can't actually see the pilot or copilot HUD screens when you're not in the chairs- wonder if that's intentional.

At that point the writing was on the wall for the night so I gave up.

Mission Status: Consistently closer, but not by much.

Summary/Final Thoughts: I wouldn't really say that tonight was any more playable than last night- the experience was a lot smoother, but that is mostly because the extra set of hangar loading screens was gone. The only noticeably bug fix was that I no longer fell through floors. One guy reported getting to play upwards of 20 minutes without crashing but I am highly skeptical and truly I'm wondering how any of the streamers manage to do it- I wonder if some people aren't flagged for private servers with less traffic. Again, lots of cool interfaces and observable touches that you can't really spend any time exploring because the game is so goddamn unplayably unstable that everyone is literally in a race to get to their ships for the 1-2 minutes of test time before the server crashes and you start it all over again. Some people have been doing that for 2 days straight- such is the dedication of Star Citizens, I guess.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Handy life tip folks- if you cannot justify your expenses to the person you share fiscal responsibility and liability with, either because it's too off-the-wall ludicrious or because you're too ashamed to really go into what you're doing, maybe don't loving buy that thing. You probably married them for a reason! Maybe trust their judgement a little bit!

Gryphon0468 posted:

The thing these people here don't seem to understand is that the "whales" already know their ships aren't literally worth the dollar amount and know that everything will be fairly available in the PU.

So they're just literally throwing money away then because they have to feel a sense of ownership on that jpeg right now? Got it thanks

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.twitch.tv/skyyhawkyt

Guy tries to fly the connie, over and over it crashes. He has tried this like 12 times in a row.

"Its in testing guys".

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3tz44n/can_someone_describe_a_day_in_the_life_of_a/

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Gryphon0468 posted:

You'll be pleased to know then that it's already planned that you can have automated turrets controlled by AI, ability scaling with cost/rarity.

Thanks for taking the time to post this between crashes.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Beet Wagon posted:

I have found the handful of people in here going "That...kinda looks fun..." to be pretty entertaining. It's like nobody wants to admit it.

Star Citizen is sorta like how Duke Nukem Forever kinda looks like fun... until you play it.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Lime Tonics posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/skyyhawkyt

Guy tries to fly the connie, over and over it crashes. He has tried this like 12 times in a row.

"Its in testing guys".

lmao I just tuned in and watched for 30 seconds and he crashed.

Him trying really hard to juggle 2 joysticks and a throttle handle using 2 hands to gently land and the CRASH.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Thanks for taking the time to post this between crashes.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Decrepus posted:

Him trying really hard to juggle 2 joysticks and a throttle handle using 2 hands to gently land and the CRASH.

I just logged in and he was at the boot-up screen saying "...yes, the patch is already out" in a dead affect. :thumbsup:

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Decrepus posted:

What a surprise I clicked on it and he was sitting there looking at a crash prompt.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Gryphon0468 posted:

All whales of any game know this on a fundamental level, see: phone games.

Doesn't mean they're not idiot whales though, hth

Though at least people who spend money on phone games are willing to admit they're stupid for doing so. No mental gymnastics required, just a healthy sense of humility. But not one so strong as to overcome their gambling addiction.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

A Neurotic Jew posted:

I'm sure you've seen the list of all the things Chris Roberts has promised up to this point. Court proceedings aren't so simple as showing the jury the game and having them go back to the jury room, case dismissed. They have to defend they've implemented the content they've promised item by item. This is assuming, of course, things ever get that far. It seems to me that there are larger things at stake than the content put in the game, but it's an important foothold to get the ball rolling.

Same

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Hahaha, so now you cannot go from the hangar to the starbase or the other way around or the game crashes? so you have to use a menu? The immersion!

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Gryphon0468 posted:

What you don't seem to understand is that half the reason we can't look away is because the people to whom so much money has been given are toxic, dysfunctional train wrecks who look guilty of some bloody heinous misdeeds and possibly crimes. You take a great deal on faith, not the least of which is that the people to whom whale fortunes has been entrusted are honest, competent, and primarily interested in developing the game they've promised you.

But they aren't, they aren't and they can't.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
I know someone who just threw 1,000 USD into the game for the "Armada Pack".

And a bunch of chittering about the Alien Sale.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Alpha 2.0 is the most vertical of slices.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

I'm bouncing around between these twitch streamers and it's just so distasteful all the e-begging they do. It's all virtual chat currencies and donation dances and constantly updating follower counts, while reiterating the news you can get just from reading the top 3 posts for any given day. I can't believe anyone gives these people attention, much less donates in the amounts they're showing on their tickers. Truly, star citizens are the easiest whales to hunt.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

G0RF posted:

The hilarious thing about this whole Bootcha vs. Karl thing is that, in that last video, Bootcha pretty much doxxed himself, using his real name and videos and photos of himself. Meanwhile, Karl continues to hide behind Matilda2013 and other people who may or may not exist.

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

COME LITTLE BITCOIN.... COME MY WAY.....IN THE MID NIGHT HOUR... I YELL NO NO NO... WITH A REBEL YELL I YELL MORE MORE MORE.... BIT COIN... I WANT TO FUCK YOU
Crusader is a good name for a star system populated entirely by White Knights

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Is the Million Mile High Club actually in "the game" yet, or is it still just a fever dream of the designers?

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

skaboomizzy posted:

Is the Million Mile High Club actually in "the game" yet, or is it still just a fever dream of the designers?

You already know the answer to this

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Sarsaparilla, I really dig your posts. Just wanted you to know. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

ZenMaster posted:

Sarsaparilla, I really dig your posts. Just wanted you to know. :)

Thanks! Let's continue to plumb the depths of human indignity and internet spaceships together.

• Locked thread