Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

AP posted:

That's counting variants, you take the aurora, change it slightly and now you can count it twice, the LX and the MR, they have 5 different Auroras. So in above I've listed the variants which are flyable I think, that's how someone got to 36.

By slightly I mean slightly, the Aurora LX and MR look identical apart from colour scheme and the LX has a leather chair I think.

Alright, that information already answers what my next question would've been, "How many are distinct designs and not just variants?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

Edit: Scythe and Glaive and I'm late to the party because AP already did all this poo poo. God damnit.

You missed the two vanduul, I missed the m50 on my post. So 15 then?

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

XK posted:

Those are all ships you can actually fly in 2.0? That's closer to the answer I expected. Where did 36 come from? Was that including ships you could spawn into the hangar in whatever the previous releases were?

14 base ships, 36 including the variants. Some of the variants are more distinct, some I wouldn't be able to tell apart if my life depended on it.

Edit: wow, way too slow :(

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

AP posted:

You missed the two vanduul, I missed the m50 on my post. So 15 then?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

XK posted:

Alright, that information already answers what my next question would've been, "How many are distinct designs and not just variants?"

Yeah, now consider some of the larger ships are absolutely massive. Idris M isn't in yet and they sold it during the kickstarter.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

I'm making a doozy right now and it's got more substance than anything Croberts has done lately.

Thanks, Awful app. Thapp.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

I hope they sell the Starfarer variant where it's a picture of the ship flying left to right instead of right to left again. The one that was nearly hangar ready six months ago.

Or was it the Herald that was nearly hangar ready six months ago.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Does anyone know if you can shoot and destroy your own ship from a turret? If so, I can see some great stowaway griefing opportunities....

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Have any of the ship modules ever been implemented in any fashion?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

fuctifino posted:

Does anyone know if you can shoot and destroy your own ship from a turret? If so, I can see some great stowaway griefing opportunities....

I was watching a video of someone in the Cutlass turret and the reticle went red when he pointed it down at the ship, so I think it might lock you out of firing on yourself, which is a shame.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

I actually wouldn't be surprised if Friday is their biggest jump. Any time they do one of these the number of "Don't know what ship to sell my kidneys for" posts quadruples, there's probably a decent number of folks just waiting until they all go on sale to make a final decision.

Yeah we'll see you could be right, I actually wouldn't mind them making 100 million in November because in December they'll still have to have a sale and it's always fun to see them justify it.

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

fuctifino posted:

Henry Jones would have a field day.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

MeLKoR posted:

A doozy is an apt description.
Yeah, I've just made a right doozy too.

I don't think pistachios agree with me.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

XK posted:

Have any of the ship modules ever been implemented in any fashion?

It depends what you mean the Avenger has an EMP thing that works in game, but they've selling that for the first time so you have to expect them to put a bit more effort in than usual.

They sold the Caterpillar and then :lesnick: actually forgot about it. Someone 3d printed him one and posted it to him so he'd remember it in future.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

AP posted:

It depends what you mean the Avenger has an EMP thing that works in game, but they've selling that for the first time so you have to expect them to put a bit more effort in than usual.

They sold the Caterpillar and then :lesnick: actually forgot about it. Someone 3d printed him one and posted it to him so he'd remember it in future.

I suppose I mean a module where you can actually see a nominal difference to the ship, something beyond just a capability being enabled, or a little feature stuck on the outside. Something like the torpedo bays or crew quarters I saw being available for the one ship.

Also, what is currently in place where those modules are supposed to go? Is it just an empty cargo bay?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

AP posted:

Oh man I remember being really excited to hear more about the Caterpillar... three years ago.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I have come to bring The Good News, there is a sale going on right now! Waste no time and don't forget to use the referral code I gave you to get extra stuff.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

AP posted:

That's counting variants, you take the aurora, change it slightly and now you can count it twice, the LX and the MR, they have 5 different Auroras. So in above I've listed the variants which are flyable I think, that's how someone got to 36.

By slightly I mean slightly, the Aurora LX and MR look identical apart from colour scheme and the LX has a leather chair I think.
I was apparently being too generous in my estimations of their progress.

The important thing to note is that CIG has stated that not all ships thusfar sold may be available in game by release of Star Citizen 1.0.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Excuse Me Sir, do you have a moment to talk about our Lord and Savoir Chris Roberts?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

XK posted:

I suppose I mean a module where you can actually see a nominal difference to the ship, something beyond just a capability being enabled, or a little feature stuck on the outside. Something like the torpedo bays or crew quarters I saw being available for the one ship.

Also, what is currently in place where those modules are supposed to go? Is it just an empty cargo bay?

Usually just whatever the equipment is on the base model.

Like I think everybody who bought "empty" retaliator shells just has the base retaliator with the torpedo bays in it right now because they haven't modeled the other ones.

The only ships I can think of that have a serious difference between the variants are the Constellation and the Cutlass, but the variants on those aren't flyable yet, and I don't know if the differences count as modules or if they are considered completely different hulls.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

G0RF posted:

The important thing to note is that CIG has stated that not all ships thusfar sold may be available in game by release of Star Citizen 1.0.

Uhh hello, we're already in 2.0.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

XK posted:

That's a new thing with the Retaliator sale a few months back, to my knowledge, no evidence of any of that is in "game" as yet. I think all the Retaliators are the same when you see videos.

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Beet Wagon posted:

Usually just whatever the equipment is on the base model.

Like I think everybody who bought "empty" retaliator shells just has the base retaliator with the torpedo bays in it right now because they haven't modeled the other ones.

The only ships I can think of that have a serious difference between the variants are the Constellation and the Cutlass, but the variants on those aren't flyable yet, and I don't know if the differences count as modules or if they are considered completely different hulls.

Also the super hornet with the additional turret.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

AP posted:

It looks like the Warlock module is currently in concept, but they do sell a Warlock variant of the ship with it already included. So I have to expand my definition to include "an optional thing you can add or remove in a modular fashion".

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Iglocska posted:

Also the super hornet with the additional turret.

Oh yeah and the second seat. That's it though right? And those aren't really "modules" so much as they are considered 'different hulls' I think.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Well he's right about that, it's a doozy alright.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

G0RF posted:

I was apparently being too generous in my estimations of their progress.

I wasn't knocking your post, it's just when talking to someone who doesn't know how crazy all this is that they don't know exactly what you mean. As far as CIG is concerned they are different ships, but if you can't tell them apart easily there's a lot of copy/paste going on behind the scenes.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

G0RF posted:

:lol:

Also, what I'm taking away from this discussion so far is that modules are entirely not implemented in any fashion yet what-so-ever. The closest they are to modules are ship variants that are pre-built with different things.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

XK posted:

It looks like the Warlock module is currently in concept, but they do sell a Warlock variant of the ship with it already included. So I have to expand my definition to include "an optional thing you can add or remove in a modular fashion".

I don't know I stopped reading everything a while back as I couldn't keep up with the details about stuff that doesn't actually exist.

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Beet Wagon posted:

Oh yeah and the second seat. That's it though right? And those aren't really "modules" so much as they are considered 'different hulls' I think.

I think the turret is modular, the second seat is part of the hull (though I could be completley wrong about this).

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Hahah. Also, Chris Roberts 'made' freelancer if you count making as getting kicked off your own project and reduced to creative consultant while all the stupid poo poo he wanted was stripped out because Microsoft wanted to actually ship it and not leave it in development hell while Roberts made a sperg simulator.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

:gary: this has been far too much seriousposting for me :yarg:

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

XK posted:

:lol:

Also, what I'm taking away from this discussion so far is that modules are entirely not implemented in any fashion yet what-so-ever. The closest they are to modules are ship variants that are pre-built with different things.

I don't think they've even got around to describing how most of the modules in their big science jpeg will work on a mechanical level. With the exception of growing space weed, we've seen mock ups of that.

But how will science differ from research, what would the space telescope do, how will medical stuff work? No loving idea just buy the $900 jpeg OK? :iiam:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Berious posted:

I don't think they've even got around to describing how most of the modules in their big science jpeg will work on a mechanical level. With the exception of growing space weed, we've seen mock ups of that.

But how will science differ from research, what would the space telescope do, how will medical stuff work? No loving idea just buy the $900 jpeg OK? :iiam:

Looking forward to meet all these poorly defended ships out in the Verse.

But this is an ambulance ship, how could you? :qq:

e: actually that's a great scam, call an ambulance because "your ship blew up" , wait for the ambulance to get there, cast the pilot on his EVA rear end.

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Nov 24, 2015

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Berious posted:

Those are all real modules? :lol: again.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

spacetoaster posted:

Got a response!....

They changed their "Your refund should hit your bank account in 5 to 10 business days." to "Your refund should hit your bank account in 30 to 45 business days."

HAHAHA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

When will the brothel and torture modules be released?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

He's right, you know? And I know I'm not the only one. :smith:

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Crash74 posted:

Those bars on the windows are for when sandi burns the place down for the insurance money and the riff raff can't escape to tell the true story. Like in goldeneye but with less death lasers and more morbidly fat people.

i like the prison feel to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

AP posted:

Something Tables.

AP posted:

Something boxes.

yea its those tables lmao

Nicholas posted:

i know that desk looks like poo poo but don't think for a moment it was cheap. it's probably from the same company they bought their stupid airplane desk.

https://www.restorationhardware.com/catalog/product/product.jsp?productId=prod2710129&categoryId=cat1676047

and this table

$550-1k for each of those tables

:homebrew:

• Locked thread