Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Is anyone really surprised that the last thing they considered was functionality and morale?

The Star Citizen faith will sustain them.

Until they all get laid off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Is anyone really surprised that the last thing they considered was functionality and morale?

Morale? No not surprised. German efficiency? Yup I was a little shocked.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Lots of teaparty - like citizens in this thread to want to decide where their space taxes are spent.

Extra wide chair for :lesnick:? Well in my Kickstarter project we used a bunch of old bricks and wet loved it!

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
For the record I meant the mocap studios and the ugly art desks were wastes of money, not the ones in the developer gulag.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Dapper Dan posted:

For the record I meant the mocap studios and the ugly art desks were wastes of money, not the ones in the developer gulag.

It's all a waste, no need for specifics.
Just say SC - What a loving waste

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Reminder.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

XK posted:

I saw a picture in here somewhere of a bunch of unique looking persons hanging out in a high-end Star Citizen bar, or something like that, within the last week. It was clearly a photoshop of magazine article quality. I've spent the last 20 minutes looking back through this thread trying to find it, but was unsuccessful, probably because I'm completely incompetent. If anyone remembers where it is and can quote it to me, I'd appreciate it.

This it?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Othin
Nov 20, 2002

Hair Elf

Yo, somebody photoshop that into Bens tombstone.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

AP posted:

Reminder.

And it is still just an imaginary loving picture you are selling for a game that doesn't exist. Great, I am glad you are working hard on the pretend mechanics that don't even exist yet, for a game that doesn't exist yet and for a ship that doesn't exist yet except in JPEG form. I will give you a pretend medal for your efforts. It will be real in two weeks.

peter gabriel posted:

It's all a waste, no need for specifics.
Just say SC - What a loving waste

This is true. Also loving lol at that developer gulag. Who the gently caress would want to work in that environment? It looks miserable and soul crushing. Somewhere an industrial psychologist is screaming.

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

AP posted:

Reminder.

So what exactly do they spend these thousands of hours on their concept jpegs? Has CIG Actually said they spend these hours or was it just made up by a citizen?

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Othin posted:

And replace "this" with "being a"

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Dapper Dan posted:

This is true. Also loving lol at that developer gulag. Who the gently caress would want to work in that environment? It looks miserable and soul crushing. Somewhere an industrial psychologist is screaming.

If you have nerd true believers that already work for below industry minimum why even pretend like you give a gently caress?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/3ty5l5/why_derek_smart_is_so_obsessed_with_sandi_gardiner/

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
Peter how is the toilet funding going

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Othin posted:

get help ben!

ZenMaster fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Nov 24, 2015

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

walruscat posted:

Has CIG Actually said they spend these hours or was it just made up by a citizen?

Yes to both.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

Green Dam posted:

First Viscount Centaurus, Bootcha Tiddlesworth the Smaller.

I wish this was real, but I have a better actual last name.

EDIT: Also, I need more "PAAAAAAAAAAARP"s recorded.

Also Derek, your loving contribution. Get it done, son.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

AP posted:

This it?

Yes! Thank you! That is exactly it.

Well, then. Are there any character customization features currently in the game?

Can anybody choose gender? Who can change clothes? Does everybody get stuck with a bedroom chamber that looks to all the world like they've just been jerking off onto toilet paper via a magazine?

Where do players get to design their own avatar? Is it done during a character creation process? Is it done over time by getting your face cut-up in battles, or something? Do you go to barbers and fashion stylists and tell them exactly how you want to be done up?

Look at that picture, and imagine how they would ever enact anything like that within the game.

XK fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Nov 24, 2015

MrDorf
Apr 28, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Finally got my refund actually issued and confirmed in paypal yesterday. Initiated Oct 6 and paid out on Nov 24. Payment came from Cloud Imperium Games Corporation.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I mean, I can totally see mocking the expensive desks if they also suck, and these are just flat surfaces. I don't see anything that make them worth that much money. It's not like they're ergonomic or adjustable or anything. The desk I'm at right now is nicer than just a flat space.

By all means, make a comfortable working space for your employees, but THAT is not a comfortable working space. Those chairs don't look great either.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

AP posted:

Reminder.

so spending thousands of hours designing space jpegs instead of developing the game itself is something you should say ityool 2015, got it.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Fil5000 posted:

Peter how is the toilet funding going

Going good then I got sued by Derek now it's back to square one

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Someone needs to contact the SC developers to find out why they have all been sent to prison and are being forced to continue working on the game from their giant oversized cell filled with wheeled tables. I'm concerned about the affect that literally working inside a prison cell might have on the timescales for the release of a space game that I have been waiting for for a while now.

I dunno man "I know you are but what am I?" is a pretty convincing argument.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if the desks in the downsized Austin studio end up being the shittiest IKEA crap they could find.
They did have to make a few compromises in Austin...

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Iglocska posted:

How is E:D these days? is Horizons out yet? My Python has been on ice since I finished 3 seasons of the walking dead and got up to date with it while playing Euro Truck in space.

I read these SC threads while crossing the galaxy, got back after seven months. I don't know what happened in the bubble lately. Horizons will come in December. Beta starts next week.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Someone is poop touching.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

I like how seeing Karl post here and on Reddit went from "what a dumb white knight for this bad game" to "oh man this guy literally has some severe mental illnesses."

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

AP posted:

Someone is poop touching.
And then the poop caressed them back.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erwM2Mdi9E4

quote:

It looks so good! *clips through doors and clips out of ship*

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

AP posted:

This it?

I'm really appreciating how you knew exactly what I was talking about with the description of "magazine quality photoshop".

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

XK posted:

I'm really appreciating how you knew exactly what I was talking about with the description of "magazine quality photoshop".

It made it easier to find as we are usually dealing with 'backer quality photoshops'

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

peter gabriel posted:

It made it easier to find as we are usually dealing with 'backer quality photoshops'

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

peter gabriel posted:

Going good then I got sued by Derek now it's back to square one

poo poo. Imma gonna kick in another hundo if I get a 3d render of a turd.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

They spend 8 months designing the concept for a ship and then they have to rework a poo poo ton of it because their pretty design doesn't jive with their physics engine. Or they have to fiddle with the numbers on a ship by ship basis so that their engine doesn't bork because the design doesnt make sense.

Fantastic use of time. Its like there's a loving gulf between design, engineering and marketing.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

:lol:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Fil5000 posted:

poo poo. Imma gonna kick in another hundo if I get a 3d render of a turd.

Hang fire I need to run a few things past legal first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

That Developer Gulag really bothers me-who could look at that and say "Yep! This is an appropriate work environment for a software! :downs:" I mean they couldn't even be assed to remove the steel bars; are they that worried about crime in the mean city of Santa Monica?

• Locked thread