Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

I've been playing fighter squadron almost exclusively and its mostly great but its like they had three different people tuning performanec of the imperial, rebel, and hero ships with no communication between them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Jenny Agutter posted:

I've been playing fighter squadron almost exclusively and its mostly great but its like they had three different people tuning performanec of the imperial, rebel, and hero ships with no communication between them.

They locked them in their respective portions of the Lucas archives and said "okay, go"

Ritz On Toppa Ritz
Oct 14, 2006

You're not allowed to crumble unless I say so.
So is Turning Point or whatever a combination of Conquest and Rush?

I don't understand the hate for this game. I love my pews pews and being surrounded by pew pews is awesome.

edit;
Seriously, when you play as Imperials and the Imperial March comes on and the other stormtroopers you're with are getting blown away to reveal Darth Vader entering the fray and the AT-AT's emergency siren is blaring makes this game so goddamn :black101:

Ritz On Toppa Ritz fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Nov 24, 2015

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
They've listed the game modes for the two Jakku maps:

Graveyard of Giants
Fight on the Graveyard of Giants in Turning Point, Supremacy, Walker Assault, and Fighter Squadron

Goazan Badlands
Experience the badlands of Goazan in Blast, Drop Zone, Droid Run, Cargo, Hero Hunt, and Heroes vs. Villains.

One extra map in both the small and large map rotations, plus a new Turning Point mode for Jakku that I hope will be retrofitted to the other planets. If they play Turning Point on the same map they play Supremacy and Walker Assault, there's no reason why it can't work on Hoth and Endor too. Fingers crossed.

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
I discovered a new hatred last night. Playing heroes vs villains I kept getting Hamill and every time Vader or emperor hit me he would just stop basically stun locking me.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Reminder for new page:

:siren: Find other goons and pew pew pubbies together! :siren:

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

TheDK posted:

Reminder for new page:

:siren: Find other goons and pew pew pubbies together! :siren:

If OP still reads this thread, should add that to it.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
Just had an awesome game on Jundland in Supremacy. We were getting our asses kicked until I finally got the ATST. I'm not saying I'm very good at this game or anything, but it seems like most people who get the vehicles have absolutely no idea what they're doing. I took this chicken walker straight to the Jawa Crawler and got about 30 kills before being taken down. It pushed the rebel scum back and completely changed the tide of the game, which we ended up winning. It :feelsgood: to know you can make such a big difference in the battle by yourself. It makes up for the previous two matches where it felt like I was dying every 10 seconds.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Full Metal Jackass posted:

Just had an awesome game on Jundland in Supremacy. We were getting our asses kicked until I finally got the ATST. I'm not saying I'm very good at this game or anything, but it seems like most people who get the vehicles have absolutely no idea what they're doing. I took this chicken walker straight to the Jawa Crawler and got about 30 kills before being taken down. It pushed the rebel scum back and completely changed the tide of the game, which we ended up winning. It :feelsgood: to know you can make such a big difference in the battle by yourself. It makes up for the previous two matches where it felt like I was dying every 10 seconds.

Nice :cheers:

It's tough and not possible at times, but 1 person can totally turn the tide of a large battle in this game, contrary to what some have been saying. Sometimes you just need to get a bit lucky though.

And to the goon that was asking which cards they should upgrade, do the jump pack. It goes from a 25 second cooldown to a 20 second cooldown, which is huge. Never not roll jump pack.

I would also recommend upgrading thermals, impacts, or barrage. Whichever of those you use the most. Give in to your hate, and join the grenade spam. Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Wherever you go, whatever you do, I will be right here waiting for you...

Yams Fan
After the 1st week I have to say I love the air combat. It really feels like a beefed up Star Fox 64

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

Nice :cheers:

It's tough and not possible at times, but 1 person can totally turn the tide of a large battle in this game, contrary to what some have been saying. Sometimes you just need to get a bit lucky though.

And to the goon that was asking which cards they should upgrade, do the jump pack. It goes from a 25 second cooldown to a 20 second cooldown, which is huge. Never not roll jump pack.

I would also recommend upgrading thermals, impacts, or barrage. Whichever of those you use the most. Give in to your hate, and join the grenade spam. Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

Upgraded jumpack will never leave my lineup now. Also can you run two grenades at the same time? I wonder how annoying someone could be to the enemy with two upgraded grenade cards.

Emnity
Sep 24, 2009

King of Scotland
I run a thermal and an impact all of the time, grenade spam almost makes up for my lovely blaster performance. Kind of a 'Kill it with Fire!', but with bombs.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Skoll posted:

If OP still reads this thread, should add that to it.

I got the OP's greenlight to make a new thread for post release. I'll put it up sometime tonight most likely.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Chomp8645 posted:

I got the OP's greenlight to make a new thread for post release. I'll put it up sometime tonight most likely.

Please actually include the name "Star Wars" in the new thread title, TIA.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

witty subtitle ideas go

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

ChickenWing posted:

witty subtitle ideas go

EA's Star Wars : Battlefront. You Pay $15 Per Planet

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Even better than titles, if you have things that should be included you can post or PM me. I know a lot of hot tips/things newbs should know but feel free to add on. Also I have the link for the gamertag coagulator and I'll put that up.

If you got any sick nasty pics or gifs for the OP let's see em.

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Is there a reason for the homing shot card other than a free kill?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Should list the best card combos / cards to upgrade for game mode.

Jetpack is a must for everything, imo. Upgraded impact grenade > Thermal detonator. Personal shield owns bones cause most pubs dont realize you can just melee kill someone in it.

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

ChickenWing posted:

witty subtitle ideas go

Grenade spam simulator

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

concerned mom posted:

Is there a reason for the homing shot card other than a free kill?

The homing shot has a rather slow travel time, you should be able to get to cover in most situation. If you really find it difficult to deal with just start using the bodyguard trait and you won't die to it anymore (plus less damage from explosives is just useful in general).

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Hey guys how about...

Star Wars Battlefront 3: "There are four maps!?" - Captain Picard

Biggz
Dec 27, 2005

Star Wars Battlefront : Master the Front Battle

That has to be the most :effort: online ad banner i've seen.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Biggz posted:

Star Wars Battlefront : Master the Front Battle

That has to be the most :effort: online ad banner i've seen.

I prefer the back battle :pervert:

But really, that looks like a bad translation job

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Cracker King posted:

So is Turning Point or whatever a combination of Conquest and Rush?

I don't understand the hate for this game. I love my pews pews and being surrounded by pew pews is awesome.

edit;
Seriously, when you play as Imperials and the Imperial March comes on and the other stormtroopers you're with are getting blown away to reveal Darth Vader entering the fray and the AT-AT's emergency siren is blaring makes this game so goddamn :black101:

Yeah pretty much this.

Then some angry British man Imperial Officer chimes in on the comms about "destroy that rebel scum" or "engage the enemy fighters" and its all just :allears:

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Skoll posted:

Should list the best card combos / cards to upgrade for game mode.

Jetpack is a must for everything, imo. Upgraded impact grenade > Thermal detonator. Personal shield owns bones cause most pubs dont realize you can just melee kill someone in it.

Jetpack and homing shot. Find that one fool running in the open while you're hiding behind a rock. Jetpack up in the air, lock on and fire, land back behind the rock. They need to scramble behind a biiig rock to avoid the rocket from up high.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Star Wars Battlefront 3: Dice brought balance to the Force but nothing else.

Convince me not to make that the title.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Bumming Your Scene posted:

Jetpack and homing shot. Find that one fool running in the open while you're hiding behind a rock. Jetpack up in the air, lock on and fire, land back behind the rock. They need to scramble behind a biiig rock to avoid the rocket from up high.

If you have good aim, you can just kill dudes while jetpacking. I manage it with the RT-97C and those heavy blasters have a hilarious TTK.

Mister Chompers
Sep 11, 2011

Chomp8645 posted:

Even better than titles, if you have things that should be included you can post or PM me. I know a lot of hot tips/things newbs should know but feel free to add on. Also I have the link for the gamertag coagulator and I'll put that up.

If you got any sick nasty pics or gifs for the OP let's see em.

http://fat.gfycat.com/FailingImpressionableCuckoo.webm

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

lmao this ended in the best possible way.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

LOL

How come when I attacked an AT-ST as Luke, I got stomped to death instantly.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

The main issue with "go for game wins over KDR" is that not only does the game reward you in the match more for going for kills, but it rewards you more for it in the progression system, because your XP and Credits are based off your ingame score. You get only 250-500 points for winning, but can get a (uncapped) much grander number of combat points. The Objective points rarely even come up to half of battle score.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Conot posted:

The main issue with "go for game wins over KDR" is that not only does the game reward you in the match more for going for kills, but it rewards you more for it in the progression system, because your XP and Credits are based off your ingame score. You get only 250-500 points for winning, but can get a (uncapped) much grander number of combat points. The Objective points rarely even come up to half of battle score.

I can argue that past Level 22ish, there is absolutely nothing worth "grinding" for in the game and you can take it easy and just actually try to win as opposed to treat every game as TDM.

The biggest game changer is the bullshit DL-44, but everything else is pretty much the same in application. I'm almost Level 30, every weapon unlock except the Bowcaster, and I still use the poo poo you get at like rank 3.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Conot posted:

You're right that winning and KDR don't always go hand in hand, but winning and points usually do. You can usually find the most people to shoot either at the objective or en route to them. If you're just slogging through the poo poo in some explosives laden tunnel for an objective you might not have the best KDR but you will easily get more points than some guy in the back with a pulse cannon who can only even shoot once every 12 seconds.

With wins comes points, and points and KDR are not the same.

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
DL44 is fine unless you run into someone who can headshot consistently.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Chomp8645 posted:

Star Wars Battlefront 3: Dice upset the Balance of the Force

Convince me not to make that the title.

FTFY

Alternatively:

Star Wars Battlefront 3: The force may be balanced but this game is not

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Captain Gordon posted:

DL44 is fine unless you run into someone who can headshot consistently.

It's a two shot kill. If you have half a brain, getting two hits is easy. Granted, it's enemy is ranged engagements but literally half the game modes are all close in, where it's especially deadly. Doing Drop Zone with goons, using the DL-44 I think I went like 18 and 2 for the duration.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
imo the DL-44 is balanced because Walker Assault and Supremacy are the only real game modes.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The DL-44 would be more balanced if other weapons were viable compared to it in damage stats. And I don't mean the shock blaster, which has an effective range of Right In Front of Your Nose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Chomp8645 posted:

imo the DL-44 is balanced because Walker Assault and Supremacy are the only real game modes.

There's more than one game mode?

• Locked thread