Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?

Bootcha posted:

I wish this was real, but I have a better actual last name.

EDIT: Also, I need more "PAAAAAAAAAAARP"s recorded.

Also Derek, your loving contribution. Get it done, son.

Do you need the song in a west country accent? Or just the parps? Also is it Tibblesworth?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

SirPhoebos posted:

That Developer Gulag really bothers me-who could look at that and say "Yep! This is an appropriate work environment for a software! :downs:" I mean they couldn't even be assed to remove the steel bars; are they that worried about crime in the mean city of Santa Monica?
They are mainly concerned about leaking and that comes from the inside.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

AP posted:

Reminder.

Wow if they have that much trouble making a few jpegs how will they ever finish a whole game?

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
^^^^
That's why they keep saying "It's early days". While being 3(4) years in.

SelenicMartian posted:

I guess the mainr reason to mount the bars on the inside is: It looks better from the outside! DeskTalk: I guess one can mount an IKEA cable management system on the bottom of the wooden flat part of those "desk".

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

SelenicMartian posted:

Still, enough about Ben

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Figured out why my Gunner only saw black.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

neonbregna posted:

Lol if you sit down at work you are literally killing yourself and ripping off your employer http://www.businessinsider.com/proof-standing-desks-you-more-productive-2013-9

https://www.techinasia.com/health-benefits-standing-desks-separating-hype-reality/

"And it turns out, prolonged standing causes health problems too. Plenty of studies show that it increases the risk of carotid atherosclerosis (a disease of the arteries) ninefold due to the extra load on your circulatory system. You’re more likely to get varicose veins, which cause all sorts of complications."

It's not like the poors weren't doing standing jobs forever...

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

To the modern hipster worker, making your office space look as much like a prison environment is desirable, because they are doing it ironically.

I'm pretty sure their toilet stalls don't have doors either.

Although I do find it funny that this thread has devolved into whining about the price of office furniture. Like somehow goons slowly became grumpy old men.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
First off, anybody reading the below will find their enjoyment enhanced by opening this in the background.

RSI Forums

This is getting absurd.

quote:

Love through criticism--I point out flaws to make CIG better:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14888-1-000-Vanduul-Glaive-Reproductions-For-The-Taking

"These ships are limited to a production run of only 1000 and will only be made available for purchase ($350USD) to those who have earned it by defeating the newly improved Vanduul Swarm."

Go ahead apologists, try and explain away that one. No "During this sale" clause for you to use as an excuse. It literally just says that the Glaive is limited to 1,000 and is only available to those who have earned it via VS.

I don't have a Glaive, but I am tired of deceptive marketing practices from CIG. Whether it is the Phoenix debacle, the lies about LTI, this new move regarding the Glaive, etc.....it's just getting stupid now.

I don't have a Phoenix, or a Glaive, and I personally benefited from LTI being sold after 2013......however, CIG constantly and consistently going back on their word regarding pretty much everything in terms of sales and marketing....it just slowly erodes my opinion of them over time.

It's not fair to 95% of CIG, either. It's not the devs that are doing this, it is the marketing department. Yet their practices are reflecting poorly on CIG as a whole.

I get it. They need money for development. Great; that takes precedence over the special snowflake status of a ship. Just stop lying about limited quantity sales then.

Bottom line is this--- What they are putting out to us regarding limited hull sales every time they have one: "This stuff is super limited, so buy one now before it is too late!" What they are thinking in their head as they are doing it: "This isn't really limited, we are just saying it is to get you to buy it now."

That is disrespectful, and it pisses me off.

And so on…

The Final Word on CIG and Limited Hull Sales

If You Bought Ships to Have an Advantage or Feel Special...

Shouldn't CIG Be Crystal Clear Regarding Limited Hull Ships?

So Phoenix No Longer Rare...

Bringing Back Limited Edition Ships Mmm Don't Like That...

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

Prolonged running, walking and hunting aren't good for you either.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

I'm sure they've invested a huge amount of effort into customizing their physics engine. All they've accomplished is to create a huge disaster for themselves.

XK fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Nov 24, 2015

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

Eldragon posted:

Like somehow goons slowly became grumpy old men.

Goons for the most part are grumpy old men.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Bidets in the future will be terrifying.

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010
This one was kinda cool: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UqEHrXva0U

Too bad about all those crashes if you try to do this yourself. :)

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Loiosh posted:

That's very effective artificial gravity and inertia dampening.

Edit: 90% of these streams are people walking around looking at things. Did they change to a remake of the Stanley Parable?

Hav fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Nov 24, 2015

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Loiosh posted:

That is honestly impressive, it's really only spoiled by the overlong animations where they control the camera and the 1st person jank.

I'll give them credit though that's cool tech. If they can build a game that's fun to play around it and rip out all of Chris' lovely ideas then I would buy a jpeg.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
lol CIG kept restocking the 1k aurora packs whenever they sold out, so they sold 5k today

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
AnniVERSEary Sale: Aliens

Heh, they really want 100 million this month as selling the Glaive again.

Firm "never ever" promises on Idris M & Scythe from kickstarter that they have not broken so far. Therefore the only ships they could sell and aren't are the Javelin and 890 Jump. Might as well get it over with and put them both up for sale.

AP fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Nov 24, 2015

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Kakarot posted:

lol CIG kept restocking the 1k aurora packs whenever they sold out, so they sold 5k today

You sure, how do you know?

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Hav posted:

That's very effective artificial gravity and inertia dampening.
Edit: 90% of these streams are people walking around looking at things. Did they change to a remake of the Stanley Parable?

Looks like the avatar is "just" parented to the ship object. Entry and Exit in Zero-G Environment are animated (naturally) and on Entry the players feet get moved towards the floor of the ship. Animating entry and exit makes sense, but will certainly be "funny" if you'd try to fight your way onto an enemy ship.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
CIG's messaging clearly works on some people:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3u03ly/what_is_the_circlejerk_surrounding_scam_citizen/

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

AP posted:

You sure, how do you know?
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3u383w/psa_more_starter_packages_available_per_day/

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Hav posted:

https://www.techinasia.com/health-benefits-standing-desks-separating-hype-reality/

"And it turns out, prolonged standing causes health problems too. Plenty of studies show that it increases the risk of carotid atherosclerosis (a disease of the arteries) ninefold due to the extra load on your circulatory system. You’re more likely to get varicose veins, which cause all sorts of complications."

The longer you live, the sooner you die. More at 11.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

AP posted:

Firm "never ever" promises on Idris M & Scythe from kickstarter that they have not broken so far.

It'll happen when they're desperate enough and the shitstorm will be delicious. You can lie to them, fob them off or ignore them all day but if you touch a shitizens exclusive jpegs they are going to get mad.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
BadNewsBaron is streaming and has this on his screen:

Crash count: 48
Time since last crash:
Longest playtime: 38:00

This definitely seems like a great way to spend an entire day.

Edit: just crashed again six minutes in. 49 now. :v:

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
To be fair even real products are sometimes limited artificially (cars, limited runs of printings etc.). Those could of course be easily produced in greater quantities, which doesn't happen because the limited amount is a "promise" to buyers. Thus producing more would cause legal to :woof:. Sure those are digital "goods". The :effort: to produce more limited Vanduul fighters is a lot less than poo poo out more "limited" Lamborghinis. But still the expectation was created by the producer/seller.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Loiosh posted:

I wanted to throw-up while watching this video. I rarely get nauseous while watching stuff on my computer, but this made me very uncomfortable.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Berious posted:

It'll happen when they're desperate enough and the shitstorm will be delicious. You can lie to them, fob them off or ignore them all day but if you touch a shitizens exclusive jpegs they are going to get mad.

Investing in Star Citizen, not as safe as bitcoin.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Berious posted:

To be _fair_ the number of people willing to pump $2500 into this on spec as....yeah, a 'donation' is going to be fairly low, and scarcity is going to matter. They'd gain more mileage by producing a variant and asking people to trade in their old autism chariot for the mithril-plated autism chariot.

And we should be much nicer about it. If this game ever comes out, the tastiest tears will be found on board the expensive ships.

SirPhoebos posted:

The longer you live, the sooner you die. More at 11.

Truth.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

quote:

Warning: Due to high popularity and because this offer is intended for new players, this Game Package CANNOT be bought with Store Credit.

Desperate for money isn't a good look. I wonder if they'll actually survive till May 2016.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Not allowing store credit seems really hosed up.

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances

Berious posted:

lol if you think that they'd ever get mad at Roberts, our saviour, even after being so obviously screwed.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Hav posted:

My desk had motors in the legs so I can change the height to whatever and I also use a wobble cushion. I am millennial as all gently caress

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

XK posted:

I wanted to throw-up while watching this video. I rarely get nauseous while watching stuff on my computer, but this made me very uncomfortable.

It takes 10 seconds to exit the drat chair.

Can't anything in Star Citizen be simple?

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

On one hand I'm really against CIG basically saying whatever they want and getting away with it.

On the other hand, if not for them, I'm pretty sure the local pixel mines would have been closed up months ago and it's really helping my dad make ends meet this winter. They're working hard to make sure that CIG can keep those ships in stock.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Fidelity.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

G0RF posted:

To be true to life that mocap was done by Lesnick

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Gwaihir posted:

basically make fun of them because what the release is un-fun crash a second garbage, going full sperg about loving desks just makes you look like you're the idiot.

lol nah

maybe if the desks were for actual function instead of form you would have a point

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

lol nah

maybe if the desks were for actual function instead of form you would have a point

Yay corner office.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XK
Jul 9, 2001

G0RF posted:

Oh God, what is happening. I'm throwing up in my stomach. Even just this gif is seriously disorienting.

• Locked thread