Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

Ave Azaria posted:

I kind of like Robocop 3 more than 2. Robocop 2 is some weird halfbreed of a movie. Robocop 3 at least fully embraces its Fox Kids aesthetic.

Robocop 2 is better than 3 because it's a weird halfbreed of a movie. Robocop 3 is just pure garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

To be frank, we're debating the consistency of two turds here anyway.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Went back to listen to the She's All That episode because I'd never heard it, and oh my god the 'DO NOT WORRY ABOUT PAUL WALKER' lines throughout. I was right to worry, you sons of bitches!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Robocop 2 is at least bad in ways that are interesting. 3 is just bad.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I feel this discussion of Robocop takes away from the new quirky beloved character of Jeffrey Dahmer.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

flashy_mcflash posted:

Went back to listen to the She's All That episode because I'd never heard it, and oh my god the 'DO NOT WORRY ABOUT PAUL WALKER' lines throughout. I was right to worry, you sons of bitches!

In Mrs. Doubtfire I'm pretty sure there's a line about how the character should hang himself. WHM is basically the podcast reaper.

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I believe it was the great American painter Bob Ross who said, "The key to a swollen vagina is... courage."

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I feel this discussion of Robocop takes away from the new quirky beloved character of Jeffrey Dahmer.

Now Ah've called you like 3 times now and ah can't keep paying ta make these calls. Its gettin' real expensive. If you could just give me ah call back I'd greatly appreciate it.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

weekly font posted:

In Mrs. Doubtfire I'm pretty sure there's a line about how the character should hang himself. WHM is basically the podcast reaper.

Don't forget the comment during I think Twister about Philip Seymour Hoffman and The Master and bad things happening to him. It was at the premiere party he drank again.

Anyone going to do their new challenge?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

weekly font posted:

nah. its get sent to Alcatraz then get subjected to VX gas when the rock happens. (the rock is one of the bay movies i actualy realy like. its dumb sure, but it works and its scenery chewingly great. plus my dad quotes it all the time"ill take pleasure in gutting you boy" and " you must never hesitate" lines)

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
So far the Catwoman episode I just started is like 2/3 funny tangents about unrelated things they hate and 1/3 Catwoman talk, and it's pretty great.

Also, two words: hairball bukkake.

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

So any idea about what their forthcoming Star Wars episode could be on? If they have done the Ewok movies and the Xmas special is a TV variety show, what could be eligible? SW2 or SW3 or perhaps a cartoon for animation damnation? (I presume there was a cartoon. I don't follow SW.)

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
There was a 3d animated film called The Clone Wars and by all accounts it's terrible.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
There was both an Ewok cartoon and a Droids cartoon following the exploits of C3-P0 and R2D2. I don't remember ever watching the Ewok one but there was a two hour episode of the droid one where they went to a droid health spa where someone was selling droid parts our something that I taped off ABC or something in the late eighties/early nineties.

I remember it fondly but I'm sure it's terrible in the cold light of adulthood.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Fezz posted:

I remember it fondly but I'm sure it's terrible in the cold light of adulthood.

Yeah, the droids cartoon was kind of awful, but the opening theme was all sorts of kick rear end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7XCe2XorcY

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I'm kind of expecting them to surprise us and cover Return of the Jedi or something.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Yeah, I hope it's Jedi. Okay movie with plenty to riff on. Especially since they'd almost be guaranteed to be working with the blu-ray edition. The CGI Ewok blinks. Jedi Rocks. Etc.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
Jedi would be a fun episode. II and III are too boring to riff on, and IV/V are too good. And I hope their Animation Damnation is Droids. The Clone Wars movie is too dull to have fun with. The animation is bad too, but just in a cheap way and not a horrifying one like Foodfight.

Jedi has the absolute worst changes (IV has the funniest), so if they do it I look forward to what will piss them off the most.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3u70WELSEg

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
They said before they wouldn't do the other prequel movies. So assuming it's an episode of WHM Prime, that leaves ROTJ or the Clone Wars movie.

There's more comedy potential in ROTJ so that's a good bet.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The Clone Wars movie would be dull, but you know they'd have fun with Truman Capote Hutt.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

quote:

Come on, be more specific. What movies won't you touch?

Well obviously if it's a movie we all think is good we probably won't do an episode on it. Also if it's a movie that other podcasts have done a lot, we probably won't touch them. We don't want to make all the same jokes about the same movie. So right there you can almost guarantee you'll never see a WHM episode on Troll 2, The Room, Batman & Robin or Birdemic: Shock and Terror. But hey, never say never.

If Batman & Robin and The Room are off-limits for being overdone then I can't imagine Return of the Jedi wouldn't fall under the same rule since complaining about the Ewoks and the special edition revisions are probably two of the most :regd08: things on the internet.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Sleeveless posted:

If Batman & Robin and The Room are off-limits for being overdone then I can't imagine Return of the Jedi wouldn't fall under the same rule since complaining about the Ewoks and the special edition revisions are probably two of the most :regd08: things on the internet.

In that light, a Star Wars knock off would be more likely.

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx
Is there any possibility that it could be the Star Wars Holiday Special? It would be seasonally appropriate, but that too could be a little played out by now

VVV oh drat you're right. I didn't realize it was an app-only thing they did.

sexy fucking muskrat fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Nov 27, 2015

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Mr Jaunts posted:

Is there any possibility that it could be the Star Wars Holiday Special? It would be seasonally appropriate, but that too could be a little played out by now

They already did it

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Maybe it's Turkish Star Wars.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

I forget, did they say it would actually be one of the movies or could it be something like Fanboys?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I would lose my poo poo if it was Turkish Star Wars. Also, I think the summer camp movie they're doing next might be The Burning.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
The Burning is too good to do on WHM.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

LORD OF BUTT posted:

I would lose my poo poo if it was Turkish Star Wars. Also, I think the summer camp movie they're doing next might be The Burning.

wouldnt turkish star wars kinda be in the ROOM category though. it was done to death. i mean i would love to see it picked apart by them.

what movies do you think they are going to talk about for bad movies of 2015. My guess would probably be new Fantastic four, jupiter accending. trying to think of others.

P-Zombie
Sep 6, 2012
It could be a film that was part of the big space opera wave of movies in the late '70s - mid '80s, such as Starcrash, or Flash Gordon.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Flash Gordon is loving amazing and without flaw.

Dr Monkeysee
Oct 11, 2002

just a fox like a hundred thousand others
Nap Ghost

Marin Karin posted:

Jedi has the absolute worst changes (IV has the funniest)…

What the gently caress

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

There was a 3d animated film called The Clone Wars and by all accounts it's terrible.

That's cause it was the pilot episodes of the tv show stitched together for some reason. It was a dumb idea and isn't something that should've been put on the big screen.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Sounds perfect for WHM!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

duz posted:

That's cause it was the pilot episodes of the tv show stitched together for some reason. It was a dumb idea and isn't something that should've been put on the big screen.

and whats interesting is the show itself isnt even that bad. hell it gets pretty dark at points for a star wars cartoon.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Animation wise:

There's the 2003 Clone Wars cartoon - that looks like Samurai Jack and is pretty boring/slow from what I've seen. Then there's The Clone Wars, which was piloted by the 'movie' mentioned. That version, from 2008 looks like creepy CG wooden puppets for some reason. Rebels is the most recent and shares a similar style.

None are quite bad enough to mention in the same breath as some of the other Animation Damnation entries. I haven't seen much of any, so I may be wrong here.

There's also a LEGO Yoda series and something called 'Droid Tales'.

As far as live action, I hope they've secured a copy of The Force Awakens and spend four hours making GBS threads on it and telling lies to the internet about what happens.

In total, we're probably going to be hearing a lot about Sebulba.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Dapper_Swindler posted:

wouldnt turkish star wars kinda be in the ROOM category though. it was done to death. i mean i would love to see it picked apart by them.

what movies do you think they are going to talk about for bad movies of 2015. My guess would probably be new Fantastic four, jupiter accending. trying to think of others.

i almost feel like f4 is way to boring to make an episode of

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!

well why not posted:

Animation wise:

There's the 2003 Clone Wars cartoon - that looks like Samurai Jack and is pretty boring/slow from what I've seen. Then there's The Clone Wars, which was piloted by the 'movie' mentioned. That version, from 2008 looks like creepy CG wooden puppets for some reason. Rebels is the most recent and shares a similar style.

The 2003-05 Clone Wars series is the exact opposite of boring and slow. They were all 3-12 minutes shorts that were more or less ridiculous action sequences. I haven't seen them in years but I really enjoyed them at the time.

I'm guessing they'll do a spiel about Return of the Jedi, emphasizing the special edition terribleness.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

i almost feel like f4 is way to boring to make an episode of

so was I frankenstine and food fight(no one ever mentions black cock weasel). I am trying to think of other realy bad movies from this year. maybe that jem movie?

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Pan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BImwyyCm6j8

Pan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

so was I frankenstine and food fight(no one ever mentions black cock weasel). I am trying to think of other realy bad movies from this year. maybe that jem movie?
You're loving crazy if you think Foodfight was "too boring to make an episode of".

Also, from last time this discussion happened, I think I'm still good with the picks of Pixels, Get Hard, Entourage, and Hitman.

sub supau fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Dec 1, 2015