Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
geekcream
Oct 13, 2011

Othin posted:

What part is amazing? Are you angry posting? You should just relax fellow goon. It will be alright (or it won't I dunno). The game will get made or it won't. Effort posting, serious posting, poo poo posting, or white knighting on our parts will have no impact on whether that happens. As our spiritual posting guide Eonwe would say: Namaste.

Not angry at all. I'm pretty chill.

Black Knighting will have no impact on whether that happens.

You seem to think I'm begrudgingly responding. No. I'm actually enjoying myself. You're talking about Star Citizen. I'm talking about Star Citizen. See? We can do it together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geekcream
Oct 13, 2011

Tippis posted:

No.

The secret pigeon-holing council.

Not really.

No no. Really.

I love hanging out with you guys. It's comforting. We can all bash this game and hope it fails. Much fun. Much fun indeed.

geekcream
Oct 13, 2011

Rad Russian posted:

Stop the thread people. A true believer who wasted thousands of dollars on a turd is here to tell us that our lives are meaningless. The e-honor of the great and noble Croberts must be defended at all costs ($10).

I'm sorry. I wasted thousands of dollars? I wasn't aware. I'm glad you are a proud Black Knight. Brave fellow. Ready to fight this fake game! Keep up the good work.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

geekcream posted:

So who decides the title someone gets?

:20bux::20bux::20bux::20bux::20bux::20bux::20bux::20bux::20bux::20bux::20bux::20bux::20bux::20bux::20bux::20bux::20bux::20bux::20bux::20bux:

quote:

$30 - White Citizens Card (Scout)
$40 - White Citizens Card (Mercenary)
$60 - Green Citizens Card (Bounty Hunter)
$125 - Bronze Citizens Card (Colonel/Freelancer)
$250 - Silver Citizens Card (Rear Admiral)
$500 - Gold Citizens Card (Vice Admiral)
$1,000 - Platinum Citizens Card (High Admiral)
$2,500 - Platinum Citizens Card (Grand Admiral)
$5,000 - Black Citizens Card (Space Marshal)
$10,000 - Titanium Citizens Card (Wing Commander)

geekcream
Oct 13, 2011

Crash74 posted:

Dont you talk poo poo about elvis.

Eh. Elvis was a racist. I'm mostly indifferent.

geekcream
Oct 13, 2011

Toops posted:

Look at how much people love Alpha 2.0!! CIG YOU DID IT YOU SAVED PC GAMING!!!

It's so amazing isn't it? Black Knights UNITE!

geekcream
Oct 13, 2011

myschef posted:

This is a nice meltdown. I like this meltdown.

Where's the melt down? I wanna watch!

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

geekcream posted:

No no. Really.
Yes, really. The council is very secret.
And no, the only one who comes close to a black knight in this thread is Bootcha, but even he is disqualified since he wasn't unwanted and lacked the proper intentions. Your final error has already been explained to you.

quote:

I love hanging out with you guys. It's comforting. We can all bash this game and hope it fails. Much fun. Much fun indeed.

Not really.

geekcream
Oct 13, 2011

Rad Russian posted:

Stop the thread people. A true believer who wasted thousands of dollars on a turd is here to tell us that our lives are meaningless. The e-honor of the great and noble Croberts must be defended at all costs ($10).

Stop the thread people. Someone that doesn't agree with us!

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Whew, what a day. Nothing like casually owning these idiots on SA by replying to every post with a bunch of sentence fragments

geekcream
Oct 13, 2011

Tippis posted:

Yes, really. The council is very secret.
And no, the only one who comes close to a black knight in this thread is Bootcha, but even he is disqualified since he wasn't unwanted and lacked the proper intentions. Your final error has already been explained to you.

Not really.

You make me happy. Do you know why? Just because.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Tank Boy Ken posted:

Yay corner office.

As usual the useless people get the plush office while the drones in the jpeg mines have to work in an open plan prison canteen. I'm pretty triggered right now.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

geekcream posted:

Good. You have learned three things today.

Crash74
May 11, 2009

geekcream posted:

No no. Really.

Please explain why star citizen will be good / is the best game ever. tia.

Incombibulator
Dec 9, 2014

I'm ready for my close-up
Ms. Gardiner...

Grimey Drawer

Tank Boy Ken posted:

Yay corner office.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

geekcream posted:

Sandi, honestly, I like you better when you're telling me to poik out all my N-word pubic hairs.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Tank Boy Ken posted:

Yay corner office.

I'm the folding chair, desperate to escape

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Restoration hardware is the ikea of the reclaimed wood furniture world. No taste or style in that poo poo. Just like the game.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Wow, something awful poster geekcream be mad. He be real mad.

FUMING.

How DARE people critique a game that is overdue, feature creeped, buggier than an STD clinic, potentially a scam, and run by horrible people.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Aramoro posted:

(... CR's bumbling description of the PvP Slider ...)

This one is incredible

How this works in practice? I've no idea. But then again it doesn't matter how it works in practice because it wont.

I was probated in the RSI forums for jokingly referring to the "PvP Slider" as the "Carebear Handle."

Toops fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Nov 24, 2015

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

geekcream posted:

So what constitutes a white knight? What are the requirements of being a SC White Knight. Sounds like an idiotic term though.

So let me guess. White Knight is a SC backer that doesn't agree with the Zeitgeist on SA? Or doesn't agree with Derek's opinion of the game?

If you don't agree that Shitizenship is a moral failing on par with robbing old people or tax evasion then you're a white knight. Jpegery is not OK

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
I want to thank everyone in this thread for contribruting. And also everyone who did so in the previous versions of this thread (0.0.1 to 0.0.7). I spent more time reading these posts, then actually playing games. SA continues to be the best entertainment for :10bux::20bux::20bux:

P.S.
I think it's a good thing that Seraph is posting and reading this thread.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

I'm not mad about star citizen, my posts just happen by coincidence to be every other post in the thread now.

e: ownage.wav

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

geekcream posted:

I'm sorry. I wasted thousands of dollars? I wasn't aware. I'm glad you are a proud Black Knight. Brave fellow. Ready to fight this fake game! Keep up the good work.

geekcream posted:

Stop the thread people. Someone that doesn't agree with us!

You responded to the same post two different times. But no it's obviously everyone else that's fuming mad :rolleyes:

Crash74
May 11, 2009

Lol now they are gonna need to spend another 50k on a industrial incinerator.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Crash74 posted:

Lol if you think this is gonna turn out anything other than a wispy queef to be forgotten 3 months later. Just think of titanfall but with space ships.

Drop a Lesnick on it

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Elaborate death fantasies

Scenario 1:

Scenario 2:

The Marauder
Dec 1, 2013

Why walk out when you can outrun?
The white knight got probated but this thread still smells like poo poo. Anyone got any ideas to fix that? Perhaps involving crock pot recipes?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Not the feature Star Citizen needs, but definitely one it deserves. You can even Mocap all the animations, wouldn't that be nice?

Nice meltdown though. I'd give it a B-.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Crash74 posted:

Star citizen is the elvis presley of video games, first started sounded good but eventually got fat and died on the toilet after snorting to much coke.

Even fat Elvis could produce the goods though https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8UYX9XLBSM Haven't seen anything that good out of CIG yet.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Just 20 seconds? Hell no, I want a 20 minute unskippable cutscene every time I die. Put the $40 million they spent on 3 mocap studios to good use.

Basically I want :gary: flying towards the light, in full mocap/HD.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
1 Million Mile High Club, and its disappearance from game packages!

quote:

huznV
Posted: 8:07PM

Hello
i remember in around 2013 the game packages 10k and 15k had the 1 Million Mile High Club now it doesn't seem to be there what happened to it Or was it just offered to those who got it back then?

quote:

Dekul
Posted: 8:44PM

Aye, million mile high is a truly limited edition, now plopping $10,000 on a computer game just isn't what it used to be :P

That said, I hear rumors that a limited run of packages with the club will return again in the near future.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Nov 24, 2015

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Immersive death, immersive rape, immersive sitting down?

The game needs immersive eating and bathroom minigames.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Can't say I didn't enjoy that meltdown. Kinda sad it was headshot before it could fully bloom though.

MrDorf
Apr 28, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

My money is on being able to go to a movie theater in the spaceports that plays a complete selection of full-length mocapped movies produced by Croberts and staring Sandy.

Kinda like the cartoons in GTA5, except terrible.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

QTE events pls.

E - poop
W - pee
Q - period

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I like to wear rainbows

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Tippis posted:

Good. You have learned three things today.

That was the quickest Karl vacay ever. I go away to analyze packet dumps and he's probated already.

Anyway 'geekcream', we've constructively criticized the game to death. We've even attempted to help turn the poo poo around, but CIG still promises that they're going to make dreams come true without any substantive movement in that direction.

The headbobbing is sickening, the animations are overly long, and the crashes are multivarious. Despite all of this I'm keeping my 'pledge', because so far it's paid out on amusement. Game's going to be poo poo because no lessons have been learned from _literally any space simulike_ since the first wing commander games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

geekcream posted:

Where's the melt down? I wanna watch!

Like being the sucker in a poker game if you have to ask who is melting down in a thread... well I have bad news...

• Locked thread