Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Send along all the mistakes. I'm pecking at them right now.

I think I figured out that for advanced players, BFSR is an endorphin generator because it just shits prizes out from all orifices nonstop. It wasn't exactly my plan but I'm taking it was a lesson learned.

Frankly we feel like we've earned it. I mean how many times do I need to spend hours building up enough copper, tin, iron and redstone to accomplish anything? I had the fun there was to be had with that, over and over again already. It's all just delayed creative mode anyway...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComradePyro
Oct 6, 2009

TheresaJayne posted:

The OreGen is like crazy though. Gold and redstone on the surface, not found diamond yet, and I had to cheat in a Lava fabricator as i went through more picks than jimmy hendrix on a caffeine drip and still didnt find a lava pool at lvl 12.

Opposite experience. Found like 30 diamonds ezpz, lava everywhere (it shows on the map underground and there are pools on the surface, not sure how you had a hard time), no redstone near the surface (meteor crater full of exposed iron and copper and tin and poo poo though) and I haven't had a problem repairing my cobblestone pick repeatedly (are you using TC picks?)

I've got my smeltery up and running and am just getting into the technical stuff, it seems very cool so far.

Andronian
Feb 17, 2012

So I started single player Blightfall yesterday, I'm having a good time so far but I seem to be running into a problem where teleporting around the different bases causes chunks to unload and not update. This seems to be (not sure) affecting seed growth speed and ethereal blooms pushing back the taint. It was easier for me to steal books from a villager house than it was to wait for sugar cane to grow. Am I doing something wrong here or am I just expected to stay in one base 95% of the time?

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

TheresaJayne posted:

The OreGen is like crazy though. Gold and redstone on the surface, not found diamond yet, and I had to cheat in a Lava fabricator as i went through more picks than jimmy hendrix on a caffeine drip and still didnt find a lava pool at lvl 12. - oil by the gallons,
AE2 is good but I think it would have been easier to put AE1 instead it would have made it a lot easier, Also Ender IO would have added a bit nicer work through - Sag mill/ alloy smelter then wireless charger so your tools charge when you are in your base.

The lava thing is really odd. I am playtesting again now and I just dug to a Y=12 pool. I normally am using ATG to create the world, which does appear to create less lava pools. However, I had offset it with an inordinate amount of surface lava pools. If you go bumbling around at roughly sea level, you should see them. Failing that, there should be the basalt crusts that generate around them. Some of them can be covered. The normal problem is the player's debut to the world is heralded with hellfire as half the surrounding forests are incinerated by these surface lava pools. Finally, the map should spell them out when you're underground.

I had pondered EnderIO but gave up when TE was updated. I might give in just because KingLemming made a lot of talk specifically about giving another mod a chance to shine, and here I am acting like EnderIO doesn't exist for new people.

Channels will stay in because I haven't found another pack that disables them, and I'm trying to get newcomers a fighting chance at working with those packs. That being said, it then puts the onus on me to try to explain the concept adequately. As it stands, I know I have to get into dense cable, coloring them, and creating subnets to reduce channel load. It's a lot of tricks. I have been chickening out of it so far, but I'm putting my toes in the water over the week. After they make the controller, I'll have some new quests light up in a new chapter for the initial AE2 incestuous loop of making AE2 automation to make AE2 automation for making AE2 automation (etc).

Speaking of that, did anybody make an AE2 addon for a more robust inscriber press? I am wondering if I have to explain how to set up the five inscribers you need for on-demand processors, or if there's a new toy. I know there's a single-block crystal growth accelerator. As a side activity, I might set up a quest to do it the old-fashioned, clunky way, just so they know what's up with formation and annihilation planes.

Does anybody know a way to have the default terrain generator be ATG when creating a new world?

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

I really do not understand why everyone is upset about AE2 channels. It's literally "I can only connect X devices without the back-end to support them". It's like getting mad at being unable to support a magmatic crucible on a single, un-upgraded dynamo.

Annoying things about AE2 include:
-The in world/entity crafting
-Inscribers being slow/dumb/finnicky
-Finding your first charged certus
-Finding a meteor

Not annoying things about AE2:
-Upgrading my system to support more machines.

It's literally 8/8/32. 8 devices in an "ad-hoc" network, 8 devices on a normal cable, 32 channels on a dense cable. And using P2P buses makes it even more trivial.

If you're having trouble keeping track, just use "smart" cable at the junctions. As cool as it looks you don't have to make your entire cable network out of it if you're short on redstone/glowstone, just a little here and there works dandy.

Alkydere fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Nov 24, 2015

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
really of bfsr updates I think rftools should go in before enderio

modderation fyad has barely anything but it still has rftools. enderio seems fairly simple to figure out if you have other mod experience anyway. rftools, like ae2, is helpful but has a lot of poo poo to sort through to the uninitiated.

btw, I know the quest mode it uses doesn't allow illustrations but maybe there could be a downloadable "university world" that had a bunch of the more common automations built and signs for commentary? I haven't been on servers yet but that's the kind of thing I'd like to see.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Does the quest book mod allow links? If so might be able to put links to imgur pictures.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Acne Rain posted:

btw, I know the quest mode it uses doesn't allow illustrations but maybe there could be a downloadable "university world" that had a bunch of the more common automations built and signs for commentary? I haven't been on servers yet but that's the kind of thing I'd like to see.
This is something I specifically hope to work on, if rocko is amenable.

I also REALLY like the way botania does ghost blocks, but I'm not sure if that's adaptable to general usage, it may be hardcoded into botania itself. If not, that would be really neat to use as a teaching tool as well.

Alkydere posted:

Does the quest book mod allow links? If so might be able to put links to imgur pictures.
Animated gifs would be better. I'd like to do this, too. There's no way to display in-game AFIAK. I've been avoiding learning java, there are enough languages in my head already, but since HQM is open source and on github now, it may actually be trivial to add this functionality. Something to research, certainly.

Bhodi fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Nov 24, 2015

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
post is not edit

TriggerHappy
Mar 14, 2007

Wolpertinger posted:

This is literally Factorio in a nutshell, I had played it years before ever touching modded Minecraft, and the similarity between the two is pretty striking, to the point where I'm almost positive the developer took inspiration from modded Minecraft. It's got a much better balanced system of progression though since it's not a mushmash of mods developed by different people. It's pretty much all about building small amounts of automation to build parts that can be used to create machines to make more automation to build parts for even bigger, more efficient, and more complex machines. It's definitely become its own thing but I honestly think modpacks could benefit from taking some inspiration from it in turn. Though factorio has the benefit of allowing you to scale up to truly massive sizes since it doesn't have to worry about minecraft's terrible engine.

I feel like that's what they were going for with FTB Infinity Evolved's Expert mode. It's a shame they ALSO decided to make a lot of recipes needlessly grindy, like grout only giving one piece per craft instead of two, or two sticks per craft instead of four.

I do like how you need to make a couple Forestry machines to get the components you need for MFR, which can get you the components you need for some IC2 machines, which get you pieces you need for EnderIO, and so on.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

TriggerHappy posted:

two sticks per craft instead of four

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

TriggerHappy posted:

I feel like that's what they were going for with FTB Infinity Evolved's Expert mode. It's a shame they ALSO decided to make a lot of recipes needlessly grindy, like grout only giving one piece per craft instead of two, or two sticks per craft instead of four.

I do like how you need to make a couple Forestry machines to get the components you need for MFR, which can get you the components you need for some IC2 machines, which get you pieces you need for EnderIO, and so on.

Yeah I was loosely interested until i saw that kinda stuff about Expert mode. One other thing they could probably learn to rip off from factorio is making extremely early game automation much less annoying to build even if it's very slow and inefficient or doesn't produce that many useful things - like people have said, the early game manually gather all the ore and manually craft every little bit of it can get old, making it easier to have machines make things for you and produce resources as early as possible can only be a positive.

I think that's one thing Agrarian Skies 2 has something near the right idea and does okay through Ex Nihilo, though even it delays it still delays it more than it should, you can get an automated cobble->pulverizer->sieve set up to give a steady trickle of resources pretty early without anywhere near enough upgrades or machinery to put you post scarcity and without having to manually go mining, leaving you a lot of room to keep growing and building more machines.

Wolpertinger fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Nov 25, 2015

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Bhodi posted:

This is something I specifically hope to work on, if rocko is amenable.

I also REALLY like the way botania does ghost blocks, but I'm not sure if that's adaptable to general usage, it may be hardcoded into botania itself. If not, that would be really neat to use as a teaching tool as well.

Animated gifs would be better. I'd like to do this, too. There's no way to display in-game AFIAK. I've been avoiding learning java, there are enough languages in my head already, but since HQM is open source and on github now, it may actually be trivial to add this functionality. Something to research, certainly.
Would this mod do anything for you?
http://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/enchiridion

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

I was about to post about how somebody earlier in the thread posted that. I was going to try it over the holidays.

vibur
Apr 23, 2004

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

I was about to post about how somebody earlier in the thread posted that. I was going to try it over the holidays.
It's great but don't try to open Agricraft's Agricultural Journal in it.

Peepers
Mar 11, 2005

Well, I'm a ghost. I scare people. It's all very important, I assure you.

Is the Witchcraft questline in Regrowth something I can skip? I did the starting quest and looked at some of the books for the mod and I have absolutely no desire to play through someone's Wiccan fanfic unless it's absolutely required to progress in the modpack.

Same question with the bee and fish breeding, too. I've gotten like 5 different breeds of bees and still Modest is the only kind I can use in the Wasteland biome so...should I even keep trying? As for Mariculture it seems entirely pointless to me. It served as a busywork stepping stone to a TiC smeltery and nothing else in it really looks interesting.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Mr. Peepers posted:

Is the Witchcraft questline in Regrowth something I can skip? I did the starting quest and looked at some of the books for the mod and I have absolutely no desire to play through someone's Wiccan fanfic unless it's absolutely required to progress in the modpack.

Same question with the bee and fish breeding, too. I've gotten like 5 different breeds of bees and still Modest is the only kind I can use in the Wasteland biome so...should I even keep trying? As for Mariculture it seems entirely pointless to me. It served as a busywork stepping stone to a TiC smeltery and nothing else in it really looks interesting.

some mariculture is necessary (titanium is used for a lot of the mekanism machines) but fish breeding was optional as all hell

witchcraft is needed for progression in blood magic and gates out thaumcraft (all the intro thaumcraft widgets need greatwood and the infusion recipes for making greatwood saplings require witchery stuff)

you also need witchery for the end game, if I am guessing it correctly (to change biomes)

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

The lava thing is really odd. I am playtesting again now and I just dug to a Y=12 pool. I normally am using ATG to create the world, which does appear to create less lava pools. However, I had offset it with an inordinate amount of surface lava pools. If you go bumbling around at roughly sea level, you should see them. Failing that, there should be the basalt crusts that generate around them. Some of them can be covered. The normal problem is the player's debut to the world is heralded with hellfire as half the surrounding forests are incinerated by these surface lava pools. Finally, the map should spell them out when you're underground.

I had pondered EnderIO but gave up when TE was updated. I might give in just because KingLemming made a lot of talk specifically about giving another mod a chance to shine, and here I am acting like EnderIO doesn't exist for new people.

Channels will stay in because I haven't found another pack that disables them, and I'm trying to get newcomers a fighting chance at working with those packs. That being said, it then puts the onus on me to try to explain the concept adequately. As it stands, I know I have to get into dense cable, coloring them, and creating subnets to reduce channel load. It's a lot of tricks. I have been chickening out of it so far, but I'm putting my toes in the water over the week. After they make the controller, I'll have some new quests light up in a new chapter for the initial AE2 incestuous loop of making AE2 automation to make AE2 automation for making AE2 automation (etc).

Speaking of that, did anybody make an AE2 addon for a more robust inscriber press? I am wondering if I have to explain how to set up the five inscribers you need for on-demand processors, or if there's a new toy. I know there's a single-block crystal growth accelerator. As a side activity, I might set up a quest to do it the old-fashioned, clunky way, just so they know what's up with formation and annihilation planes.

Does anybody know a way to have the default terrain generator be ATG when creating a new world?

Don't forget that you don't need a controller to get a working system, a Drive, Storage cluster, Fluix cable, power acceptor and terminal is the bare minimum (except for the ME Chest)

Threep
Apr 1, 2006

It's kind of a long story.

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

AE2 Stuff has the single block accelerator you speak of, but also has an Advanced Inscriber that is much easier to automate, that I always Minetweak to replace the regular one.

quote:

Default World Generator

On that note, someone picked up the abandoned but interesting ATG alternative RWG, it's now being updated here.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
You only have to tip your toe into witchery to get the saplings, at least. You make the oven thing, stick a bunch of bottles in it and capture a few of each type of the 4 woods (Rowan, hawthorn, oak, alder). Maybe 15 of each sapling is all you need and while making burned bricks for the oven is a little annoying it doesn't take long at all. I think you might need to make a distillery for one quest but that's just the potion brewing mechanics with the appropriate materials, just follow NEI.

With the exception of storage drawers and I guess agricraft magic seeds, I'm liking obscurity way, way more than regrowth.

Bhodi fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Nov 25, 2015

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Bhodi posted:

You only have to tip your toe into witchery to get the saplings, at least. You make the oven thing, stick a bunch of bottles in it and capture a few of each type of the 4 woods (Rowan, hawthorn, oak, alder). Maybe 15 of each sapling is all you need and while making burned bricks for the oven is a little annoying it doesn't take long at all. I think you might need to make a distillery for one quest but that's just the potion brewing mechanics with the appropriate materials, just follow NEI.

Specifically, the recipe for greatwood/silverwood saplings requires a Treefyd Seed for each, which requires Mutandis Extremis (cauldron) and a tear of the goddess (distillery, which requires the altar.) You also need ember moss, which means making a lot of loving Mutandis. Hope you got your mandrakes and cactuses to 10/10/10 and have a shitload of wood ash!

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
Ah that's right the altar is 6 blocks btw, but you can make the seeds with it slapped down pretty much anywhere as long as you stick the candelabra and chalice on it

Regrowth doesn't tell you any of this and only gives you 3 altar blocks of course.

I got lucky with the ember moss or I may have burned all my mutandis and cheated it in. I thought the biomesxl stuff was bullshit. Come to think, this was right around where I abandoned the pack.

Bhodi fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Nov 25, 2015

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

TheresaJayne posted:

Don't forget that you don't need a controller to get a working system, a Drive, Storage cluster, Fluix cable, power acceptor and terminal is the bare minimum (except for the ME Chest)

The controller is already the last quest in the current progression, so I have that part covered. I was going to gate doing the crazier stuff on building it though, since it's hard to fit any automation into a single ad hoc network.

Threep posted:

AE2 Stuff has the single block accelerator you speak of, but also has an Advanced Inscriber that is much easier to automate, that I always Minetweak to replace the regular one.

Default World Generator

On that note, someone picked up the abandoned but interesting ATG alternative RWG, it's now being updated here.
Thanks for all three.

Acne Rain posted:

really of bfsr updates I think rftools should go in before enderio

What do you use in rftools in particular?

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

The controller is already the last quest in the current progression, so I have that part covered. I was going to gate doing the crazier stuff on building it though, since it's hard to fit any automation into a single ad hoc network.
Thanks for all three.

RFTools is a bit of a pain as it also adds Mystcraft worlds that you have to keep powered whilst you are in them.

If you have steve's carts in a pack you can automate the inscribers by adding a steve's factory manager to the inscriber,

and I usually automate one inscriber with power in the back and hoppers top left and bottom pulling out into a chest on the right.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Teleporters, screens, and lots of nifty automation tools. A simple, cheap, easy to use redstone timer, for example.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Thanks for all three.

I don't know if this is an issue or not, I have Yellorium, I pulverise it, I smelt it - and it doesn't give me Yellorium Ingots, (NEI says it should) its Giving Uranium Ingots.

Another issue, the Quest Book says slimy Mud is Gravel, Sand and 4 Slimeballs, - NEI says Sand, Dirt and 4 Slimeballs

TheresaJayne fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Nov 25, 2015

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
I found a half-automated inscriber system to be really easy and fast to set up with hoppers and itemducts/enderthingies. You don't really need a mod or a single block if someone hands you a good design. 99% of the time, you can just make a dozen logic and two or three of the other types. Creating fluix is a bit more annnoying but with extra utilties and an item filter you can pull them out of the water.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

So, it occurred to me and the other guy I'm working with that instead of building a mod pack from scratch, it might be easier to start with an established modpack and add/remove stuff as needed. To that end, does anyone have recommendations for good ones? We're not sure if we want a specific theme for our server, and so far it's been a mish-mash of tech and magic things. A lot of our prospective user base likes to branch off and do their own thing, so having a wide variety of mods to play with is always a plus.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
That's pretty much what the various tekkit packs are for. Might want to check out the feed the beast packs as well!

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Bhodi posted:

That's pretty much what the various tekkit packs are for. Might want to check out the feed the beast packs as well!

Hmm. We're going to be using the technic launcher, so I'll check their packs out then.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

TheresaJayne posted:

I don't know if this is an issue or not, I have Yellorium, I pulverise it, I smelt it - and it doesn't give me Yellorium Ingots, (NEI says it should) its Giving Uranium Ingots.

Uranium still works in the big reactor, but it has to be inserted as ingots, blocks don't work. I found a motherlode of uranium and now have over six stacks of blocks after running it all through my smeltery...and there's still more uranium down there.

Uranium and yellorium ingots are oredict compatible, so you can them in reactor part recipes as well.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
Hey Rocko, have you considered Agricraft for BFSR? There seems to be a lot of packs starting to include it, and it seems like it would be a pretty easy thing to teach - one quest for making Crops, one for crossbreeding a specific plant, one for making an irrigation system, and one for. . . resource crops or something? I dunno, they were useful in AgSkies 2.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

TheresaJayne posted:

Another issue, the Quest Book says slimy Mud is Gravel, Sand and 4 Slimeballs, - NEI says Sand, Dirt and 4 Slimeballs

I will check on the slime mud. Has that changed over time?

Yellorium has been bonkers with other mods. I hoped AOBD would normalize it, but I guess not. This sounds like I need to play with minetweeker finally. I wanted to do that for smelting yellorium directly. I think it smelts one yellorium to 100mB of liquid, when it should be 288mB to make two ingots. Then again, not other pack seems to do it right, so I may be setting people up for trouble later. Is this something ebeef should ultimately manage?

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Yellorium has been bonkers with other mods. I hoped AOBD would normalize it, but I guess not. This sounds like I need to play with minetweeker finally. I wanted to do that for smelting yellorium directly. I think it smelts one yellorium to 100mB of liquid, when it should be 288mB to make two ingots. Then again, not other pack seems to do it right, so I may be setting people up for trouble later. Is this something ebeef should ultimately manage?

As far as I can remember, it's always been sand and dirt. Maybe you were getting it mixed up with Grout?

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

bbcisdabomb posted:

Hey Rocko, have you considered Agricraft for BFSR? There seems to be a lot of packs starting to include it, and it seems like it would be a pretty easy thing to teach - one quest for making Crops, one for crossbreeding a specific plant, one for making an irrigation system, and one for. . . resource crops or something? I dunno, they were useful in AgSkies 2.

I was thinking Agricraft with magic crops. I did not really learn Agricraft too well since I kept getting hassled on the OMP server, and then it went down. I did get the basics from looking at othef people's stuff.

Magic crops is controversial any more--especially with Agricraft--but it is not like I have a resource gate in BFSR. I was thinking of doing it to show a long automation chain with AE2. I was proud of a setup I had that used one accelerated farm to intelligently repopulate low ores and autoprocess them, and I figured it would make for a good advanced tutorial.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

what's BFSR and is it on Technic

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Uh oh. What did he do now?

Nap Ghost

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

what's BFSR and is it on Technic
Baby's First Space Race. It's basically a HQM tutorial for modern modded Minecraft that cuts out a lot of the grind in most similar modpacks with generous quest rewards.

And yes, it's on Technic.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

I think that's because when put in the reactor it converts to 100mb of yellorite, what you could do is tell it that 100mb makes one yellorite ingot or something.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Hey, while I'm thinking about it, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but the last server I was a member of, the thing got clogged by the fact that it had over 15k entities, a few very large reactors, and some other things like botania's mana spreaders and the like that were in general causing lag. On the server I'm helping to set up, this is a major concern for me, since we obviously want as lag-free a time as we can get. We've decided we're going to go with a slightly modified 1.7.10 modpack for our server, so what should we know for keeping stuff like that in check? My main idea is to remove Big Reactors from the mod and add Opis, but obviously that doesn't cover anything else. Are there any mods I should add in or things I should be aware of for this sort of issue?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShoulderDaemon
Oct 9, 2003
support goon fund
Taco Defender

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Not exactly. Reactors use one ingot of yellorium = 1000mB, and when you're casting from a smelter that's also the conversion used, but when you melt one ingot in a smelter you only get 144mB (288mB if you melt ore).

On the one hand, I sorta like Big Reactor's very simple one ingot = one bucket rule. On the other hand, the smelter standardizes on one ingot = 144mB because it divides nicely by 9 (important for casting nuggets) and has a lot of small factors which makes alloys nicer to deal with.

The best solution is probably just for Big Reactors to renormalize on one ingot = 144mB, because that's really what everything uses nowadays. Until that happens, yeah, it needs either tweaking or just "remember: don't put yellorium in a smelter, or you lose 85.6% of it".