Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Toops posted:

I just had one of those moments, looking at those prices, where I'm like: "How the gently caress is this happening. This needs to stop. This is sick, and wrong."

Its all DLC's man. Chill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

no_recall posted:

That, and why do you hate supporting developers? Why do you hate freedom? What the hell is wrong with you?

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

no_recall posted:

IDK man maybe it's the irresponsible number of belgian quad's I've been mashing, but look. This is all hilarious on a certain level. But at the core, this is a fraudulent enterprise being run by a delusional egomaniac who has only one purpose: To be lauded as important by the Hollywood establishment. He's literally exploiting the mental deficiencies of lonely and mentally handicapped people whose programming or circumstance disallows them the chance to find a peaceful place in this world. His bitch wife is exploiting HIS mental deficiencies for her own delusions. No one at CIG will EVER do ANYTHING of any positive contribution to this world, beyond delaying the suicide of the clinically depressed.

The entire Star Citizen endeavor is a giant melting pot of failed miscreants. This whole scene is a microcosm which perfectly frames, in 3 acts, the failure of Western capital culture in its entirety. ONE of those loving "ship" packages could feed an African village for a YEAR. What the gently caress is happening? Surely this world is due for a meteor cause we can't go on like this.

Why are we so eager to leave the plane of this world and pretend we're star captains?

WHAT THE gently caress. What the ACTUAL, HUMAN gently caress.

I'm so god drat triggered right now.

I also have a boner, is that bad?

SirTagz
Feb 25, 2014

AP posted:

Whoever at CIG decided that the way to maximise income from this sale was create new superpacks of ships hosed up. Nerds like specific things and these superpacks have ships they might not want, I think they'd have made a lot more selling the Idris & Glaive individually and I suspect they have realised this by now.

Unless the people already have the ships and melting them + buying the pack saves them 5$. Making all ships 'bought for melted credits' and unrefundable (lol) + accepting new ToS which gives the players first-born to CIG.

There's more than one way to skin a cat

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Toops posted:

IDK man maybe it's the irresponsible number of belgian quad's I've been mashing, but look. This is all hilarious on a certain level. But at the core, this is a fraudulent enterprise being run by a delusional egomaniac who has only one purpose: To be lauded as important by the Hollywood establishment. He's literally exploiting the mental deficiencies of lonely and mentally handicapped people whose programming or circumstance disallows them the chance to find a peaceful place in this world. His bitch wife is exploiting HIS mental deficiencies for her own delusions. No one at CIG will EVER do ANYTHING of any positive contribution to this world, beyond delaying the suicide of the clinically depressed.

The entire Star Citizen endeavor is a giant melting pot of failed miscreants. This whole scene is a microcosm which perfectly frames, in 3 acts, the failure of Western capital culture in its entirety. ONE of those loving "ship" packages could feed an African village for a YEAR. What the gently caress is happening? Surely this world is due for a meteor cause we can't go on like this.

Why are we so eager to leave the plane of this world and pretend we're star captains?

that will be $3000.00

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Toops posted:

https://forms.freethechildren.com/donation?cmd=

Yes, you could become member in the million miles high club or you could build a classroom for a village.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Michaellaneous posted:

Yes, you could become member in the million miles high club or you could build a classroom for a village.

WHAT DOES COMMAND EQUAL??

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

no_recall posted:

They are actually doing pretty well.

I believe they'll finish November 2015 below 2013 & 2014, maybe by 1-2 million. I worked it out before but can't be bothered double checking my figures.

2 million would maybe buy them an extra month in 2016, I still think there's a chance of seeing the Javelin and/or 890 Jump as they've thrown everything else at this sale so it's still uncertain.

AP fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Nov 25, 2015

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Toops posted:

WHAT DOES COMMAND EQUAL??

It's okay Toops, you can calm down. CIG will crash and burn, and yes. While 90 million dollars went down the drain that could have been used To build thousands of classrooms and provide them with water, we can still say:

We told you.

The world won't be a better place, but you know...

BRB donating.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

AP posted:

I believe they'll finish November 2015 below 2013 & 2014, maybe by 1-2 million. I worked it out before but can't be bothered double checking my figures.

2 million would maybe buy them an extra month in 2016, I still think there's a chance of seeing the Javelin and/or 890 Jump as they've thrown everything else at this sale so it's still uncertain.

Where is this money coming from though? Can we talk about that for a minute? How could an obvious traveling clown show with a small potential market segment make this much money off a half-assed suite of jpegs? They can't even make a working tech demo after 4 years of concerted effort.

For those keeping track, that's 1 mocap studio per year. 1.333333333 if you ask the white knights.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Michaellaneous posted:

It's okay Toops, you can calm down. CIG will crash and burn, and yes. While 90 million dollars went down the drain that could have been used To build thousands of classrooms and provide them with water, we can still say:

We told you.

The world won't be a better place, but you know...

BRB donating.

NO. I won't calm down. I feel alive for the first time and I have YOU to thank, Chris Roborts.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Michaellaneous posted:

i dunno, i don't mind putting up money for a classroom but will it be the perfect classroom of my dreams? i want it to be perfect, no matter how much money or time it takes

do you have any pictures of what this classroom would look like?

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Toops posted:

I just had one of those moments, looking at those prices, where I'm like: "How the gently caress is this happening. This needs to stop. This is sick, and wrong."

yes.

Even if it's literally the best game ever (and what's trickling out is currently a broken mess with the potential to be OK-decent in a few years) look at those loving prices. Read the reddit posts about people who overspent, failed to pay bills, couldn't eat for a week because of internet spaceship jpegs. Those prices are predatory, the false scarcity is predatory, the reintroduction of "limited edition" ships to general sale is cynical and predatory, everything about it is manipulative and shady irrespective of the quality of the game

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Toops posted:

NO. I won't calm down. I feel alive for the first time and I have YOU to thank, Chris Roborts.

quote:

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

duckfarts posted:

i dunno, i don't mind putting up money for a classroom but will it be the perfect classroom of my dreams? i want it to be perfect, no matter how much money or time it takes

do you have any pictures of what this classroom would look like?

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

does that say "Black Area"

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

duckfarts posted:

does that say "Black Area"

Yeah I just noticed that as well and was wondering.

Mehrunes
Aug 4, 2004
Fun Shoe
What's the worst it could be? :smithicide:

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

wow that blob of a matter is occupying 20% of the space

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

I appreciate the vent right above his seat.

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

That really is a lovely corner office.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Michaellaneous posted:

Yeah I just noticed that as well and was wondering.

I assumed it was just something for the movers/contractors, that the various boxes of crap were colour coded for where in the office they needed to go.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Fatkraken posted:

yes.

Even if it's literally the best game ever (and what's trickling out is currently a broken mess with the potential to be OK-decent in a few years) look at those loving prices. Read the reddit posts about people who overspent, failed to pay bills, couldn't eat for a week because of internet spaceship jpegs. Those prices are predatory, the false scarcity is predatory, the reintroduction of "limited edition" ships to general sale is cynical and predatory, everything about it is manipulative and shady irrespective of the quality of the game

Yep, to the point where other games are literally speaking out against Star Citizen in their kickstarter pledges.

I hope Chris Roberts loving fries for this.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Toops posted:

Where is this money coming from though? Can we talk about that for a minute? How could an obvious traveling clown show with a small potential market segment make this much money off a half-assed suite of jpegs? They can't even make a working tech demo after 4 years of concerted effort.

For those keeping track, that's 1 mocap studio per year. 1.333333333 if you ask the white knights.

What do you mean where is it coming from, Star Citizen is an arg.

You know none of this is real right?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

RagnarokZ posted:

He just needs to put some posters up and it'll be fine.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

AP posted:

What do you mean where is it coming from, Star Citizen is an arg.

You know none of this is real right?

If you die in Star Citizen... you die here?

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Toops posted:

If you die while reading this thread... you die in real life.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

RagnarokZ posted:

It's a palace compared to the open plan forced labor camp though. Couple of guards with rifles would really finish that place off.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

AP posted:

It'll change when they pull javelins out of their asses to sell. :agesilaus:

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Toops posted:

It's pretty grim when you put it like that but think of all the colombian coca farmers and hipster table restorers they are keeping in business

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
We're all looking at their numbers going up right now, but they did also just take a huge loss to Bootcha alone, much less all the refunds going on.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Berious posted:

It's pretty grim when you put it like that but think of all the colombian coca farmers and hipster table restorers they are keeping in business

Also they can rent out the office to the local government to use as inmate accommodation if things get bad.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
If investors and backers keep pulling out, how come there's still a baby PU on the way?

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
It only takes one broken condom (or in this case broken person).

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Midnight Voyager posted:

There is something I just noticed right now when showing an actual programmer friend of mine this image.

Look at the closest window. Is that loving two-way mirror??? Is this office under observation or something??

I really wouldn't be surprised if that was Chris' office. He sits there in the dark brooding over this thread and our jpeg jokes.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Toops posted:

I have a way to entirely bypass the funeral industry altogether, it's going to be the best thing ever. Please send me a private message for an early concept image of the idea in return for your non-refundable payment of $350.* **

*Death mechanics may change during the development phase.

**Limited time offer.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

AP posted:

Whoever at CIG decided that the way to maximise income from this sale was create new superpacks of ships hosed up. Nerds like specific things and these superpacks have ships they might not want, I think they'd have made a lot more selling the Idris & Glaive individually and I suspect they have realised this by now.

Just imagine how much depraved sex you could buy for that money.
Or 1 jpg.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

http://www.oxfam.org.uk/shop/oxfam-...ift-16-oct-2015

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Berious posted:

It's a palace compared to the open plan forced labor camp though. Couple of guards with rifles would really finish that place off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

https://www.shopify.co.uk/blog/48515717-while-supplies-last-how-to-use-scarcity-and-urgency-to-increase-sales

:colbert:

• Locked thread