Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

um... WE ONLY HAVE 1000 PEOPLE LEFT WHO NEED EMERGENCY WATER SUPPLIES! DONATE NOW BEFORE EVERYONE IS SAFE AND HAPPY!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Thronde posted:

We're all looking at their numbers going up right now, but they did also just take a huge loss to Bootcha alone, much less all the refunds going on.

Speaking of which, to anyone still thinking over of refunding their poo poo, just do it already. Seriously, now's the time before all that disposable cash of theirs evaporates and they inevitably have to stop all refunds from going on. Hell, even NOW they're trying to crawl back every cent that they rightfully owe you any way they can with BS excuses while loving up and giving others more than they are due. In my case they gave me back more than they should, while in my friend's case they gave her less than they should. When all was made right in the world on that score, she still said in the end that she really should've just chargebacked, regardless of whatever hassle that might incur.

So get your money out now, before it's too late. Because my prediction is that in another year or 2 (or hell, maybe just a few months time...who knows with them hiding the financials and without a shadow of a doubt having an incompetent or no accountant watching all their money), the refunds will stop and you won't be able to sell your poo poo on the grey market either, since from what I'm reading right now it's deffo tanking ever since CIG stopped any pretense at having any ship be exclusive so long as it lines them more money in their pockets.

I'd post the refund gif at this point, but it seems it got taken out thanks to Reddit pansies. So someone do the needful and until then...

Citizen...GET A REFUND! REEEEEEEEEFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUND! GETAREFUNDGETAREFUNDGETAREFUNDGETAREFUNDGETAREFUNDGETAREFUNDGETAREFUNDGETAREFUNDGETAREFUNDGETAREFUND

Thank ye kindly, AP.

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Nov 25, 2015

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

duckfarts posted:

does that say "Black Area"

Zooming in?

Yes.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

CrazyLoon posted:

Citizen...GET A REFUND! REEEEEEEEEFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUND! GETAREFUNDGETAREFUNDGETAREFUNDGETAREFUNDGETAREFUNDGETAREFUNDGETAREFUNDGETAREFUNDGETAREFUNDGETAREFUND

Pogue Ma Hoon
Oct 17, 2013

I like a nice pair of slacks.
Just popping back in to say that I love the new title.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
Even if you have faith that the game will be good, if you're in the hole for anything other than the absolute bare minimum, get a refund. You can always buy the full release for $40 or whatever in three years when it's out, popular and bug free.

If buying in at $40 ends up being a substantially worse experience as a player than having a $3000 pirate racing fleet, then the game is a failure on a fundamental level and not something you should want to be involved with anyway, because that would make it a lovely, cynical pay-to-win scam.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Fatkraken posted:

If buying in at $40 ends up being a substantially worse experience as a player than having a $3000 pirate racing fleet, then the game is a failure on a fundamental level and not something you should want to be involved with anyway, because that would make it a lovely, cynical pay-to-win scam.

Best way to view SC in any light. Reminds me of the some old P2W MUD I used to play in the late 90's, where people would dump like $1000 or so for a text sword with bonuses. One person dumped over $25k into it, then still got wrecked. Jpegs are clearly an evolution of the text sword model.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Fatkraken posted:

Even if you have faith that the game will be good, if you're in the hole for anything other than the absolute bare minimum, get a refund. You can always buy the full release for $40 or whatever in three years when it's out, popular and bug free.

that kind of logic will not penetrate the 14 inch think tinfoil helmet of those white knights

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Constellation Aquila: $250 exploration variant. Notable for having a round cockpit instead of whatever the gently caress the other ones have. Only one turret because the other is replaced by a sensor package thingy. Carries a rover because why the gently caress not. Has more fuel... somehow. No parasite fighter.

Constellation Phoenix: $350 limited quantity LUXURY JPEG. Wood interior! Better power plant than the commoner ships which you can't otherwise get! All the missiles of the Andromeda, plus the rover of the Aquila, plus an EVEN BETTER parasite fighter, plus a automatic point-defense gun that you can't otherwise get, PLUS A MOTHERFUCKING HOT TUB HOLY poo poo SELL AN ORGAN ALREADY AND BUY ONE.

What's the rover meant to be used for, is it like ED, you go exploring and bouncing around on moons and poo poo? Like the rover Frontier has been spending a great deal of time on, including new mechanics and handling (for both atmospheric ship flight and the rover itself) plus procedural generation for planet surfaces? Like, that kind of rover? And it's just dropped in as a tickbox feature on a spaceship jpeg?

It's cool, that'll just take them a few weeks to bash out I'm sure.

That office in Two Weeks(TM) after Lesnick raids the new kitchen

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang
I'm trying to stay away from this thread to keep my sanity, but it's still a good information source because you guys are all over this game (probably a requirement to poo poo on something). What happened to the lady who was presenting Ship Shape? Now it's that bearded dude that does it, and I don't like him because he really strikes me as an "internal fanboy."

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

alphabettitouretti posted:

That office in Two Weeks(TM) after Lesnick raids the new kitchen

Best catte of this thread. Holy poo poo I needed that laugh to wake up after this boring rear end night at work.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Furism posted:

I'm trying to stay away from this thread to keep my sanity, but it's still a good information source because you guys are all over this game (probably a requirement to poo poo on something). What happened to the lady who was presenting Ship Shape? Now it's that bearded dude that does it, and I don't like him because he really strikes me as an "internal fanboy."

Lisa? she got canned because she is more beautiful than Sandi and Malificent does not like that

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
Whereas that bearded dude, a.k.a. DiscoLando, got hired precisely because of having been an "external fanboy" so that he could now become, as you put it, an "internal fanboy." Just like :lesnick:

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

G0RF posted:

Thanks for the perspective.

It really seems like, for employees or investors, CIG is not a "good guy" friendly environment. Chris & Sandi seem to prize loyalty above all else-- character, talent, experience all are secondary to someone's ability and willingness to kiss rear end, lick boots, and basically prostrate themselves before the golden idol the Roberts have erected for worship.

Glad Bootcha got out and can wash his hands of their grime and move on.

Ugh, you're not kidding. Bootcha values being nice above nearly everything else, and I'm sure they're aware of that and took advantage of it. They seem to do that with everyone. I feel sorry for Ben Lesnick (to a point). He has the loyalty part down pat but is now stuck where he is without other real options.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Furism posted:

She either ragequit or was fired. Either way, it didn't end well, and she's bitter. Someone here can link her twitter, it's quoted often but I'm still crazy bummed about the stark reality of $3000 jpegs being fleeced off the sad backs of the disenfranchised and can't tab away to google.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

CrazyLoon posted:

Whereas that bearded dude, a.k.a. DiscoLando, got hired precisely because of having been an "external fanboy" so that he could now become, as you put it, an "internal fanboy." Just like :lesnick:

Both have at least 7 internal fanboys between them. At least if you go by weight.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Jul 20, 2016

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

That's genius.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

:vince: So good!

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Furism posted:

She apparently told them she had another job and gave 2 weeks notice, this happened on the same day two other CIG people, who seemed friendly towards her on the internet shows they do, were rumoured to have been dramatically fired and one other actual developer is rumoured to have quit on the spot as a result. Rumours of much screaming, insults and accusations of leaking to a certain guy called Derek.

Not sure she actually had another job lined up.

Toops posted:

She either ragequit or was fired. Either way, it didn't end well, and she's bitter. Someone here can link her twitter, it's quoted often but I'm still crazy bummed about the stark reality of $3000 jpegs being fleeced off the sad backs of the disenfranchised and can't tab away to google.

That's one of the two rumoured as fired.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Holy poo poo :perfect:

RagnarokZ
May 14, 2004

Emperor of the Internet

Can you buy adds aimed towards specific reddits? Because that would be amazing.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Midnight Voyager posted:

Look at the closest window. Is that loving two-way mirror??? Is this office under observation or something??

Nah, it's just that the interior is much brighter than the exterior so you get all that reflection.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

MeLKoR posted:

Nah, it's just that the interior is much brighter than the exterior so you get all that reflection.

Sandi doesn't need something as basic as two way glass. She has cameras on every desk to monitor for contact with no.1 enemy D. Smart. Also in the toilet bowls to check pube length.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Gerbil_Pen posted:

I know, who would moderate the living poo poo out of say, their steam forums? I am against heavy-handed moderation.

We moderate our Steam forums because a bunch of rear end-clowns otherwise turn it into ground zero for attacks. But hey, if you were actually there, you'd know that.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Right, but that's what I mean: even without the ToS thing they've been giving out refunds* , so you can't say "I didn't get my refund" ("timely refunds" may be arguable, but that's a whole other :can:), and I'd say the 2.0 that they managed to poo poo out-- even with the crashes-- would convince 11/12 jury members that they have progression on game development. Call in an expert witness to testify how long it takes to make a AAA game, compare the scope lists of them vs Star Citizen, and you'd have a pretty hard time convincing even an educated layperson that they've been pissing away the money on coke and booze instead of game development ("in addition to" is also another :can:).

So both :can:s kind of revolve around the question of "Do you have enough proof of wrongdoing to bring them to court and reveal their financials without relying on the 1.1 ToS", from my random layperson point of view. Obviously if the answer is "yes" then there probably won't be any MD5'd hand-tipping this time around, but I do want to know what the plan here is, or if I've missed something obvious in my light skimming reading.

* You know if anyone on Twitter accused CIG of refusing them refunds outright, Doc Smart would be outside their window with a boombox singing "join my lawsuit" in a heartbeat

It has nothing to do with how long it takes to build, if they can build it etc. You guys need to stop obfuscating the facts. The facts are simple:

- They promised to build a crowd-funded (this is key and trumps everything) game
- They promised to deliver that game by Nov 2014 (they had a one week slip window which comes around Dec 1, 2015)
- They got $ to deliver the game
- They haven't; and amid claims of misuse of backer money, malfeasance etc

That's the crux of the matter.

Also, even if you ignored the one year in their own ToS; they have still failed to meet the promises and that alone trumps any ToS. By law.

And it's all about the money. As I said before, long before it gets anywhere near a trial, all the facts - including the money (which will be taken apart bit by bit, and by very experienced accountants) will be in discovery. And if there is any evidence of fraud, misappropriation of funds etc, then that's a whole other ball game that will eclipse any of the issues above.

And it has nothing to do with refunds. Which, btw, we get emails every single day about someone either flat out being refused, or taking over a month or more to even get a response.

Listen, since they have absolutely no chance of shipping the game they promised in any completed form, this is a huge hole Chris has dug and he's never going to be able to climb out of it.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

:tali:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Star Citizen reminds me of the most hyped up yet ultimately most disappointing sex of my life.

I was a young man, about 20, I had just been assigned to Edwards AFB as an active duty Marine working with a reserve unit. It was heave. Hot Air Force girls everywhere, base DFAC had good food, very few other Marines to run up and yell idiot poo poo like "Yut-yut" and "Debba-dawg" whenever they saw me with my wallet in my pocket instead of in my socks. There was a really, really cute AF girl I had met my first day while one of our reservists was showing me around base. She was incredibly attractive, long black hair, perky tits you could see even when she was wearing those terrible BDUs the AF had then. She shouldn't have enlisted, she should have just gone to a modelling agency and worked boat shows and trade conventions making more money than she could have as an E-4.

We hit it off very well, she and I both had a lot of similar interests, ranging from James Bond movies, a love of older Lotus' and we even both were still quoting Beavis and Butthead episodes in the year 2003. We would spend as much time as we could together. She was dealing with breaking up with her ex-fiance, I was new to the area, so I was trying to play it cool and not push anything.One weekend I was about to leave to spend the long 4th of July weekend with my older brother who owned a place in San Diego. She was bummed because she had nowhere to go and my brothers then-wife suggested I invite this girl to come with me. I asked her and she was really excited to come. She packed her poo poo and we drove to my brother's condo. The drive up we flirted and teased the whole way, she kept putting her hand on my lap and moving her fingers just a small amount until she could feel me getting hard, then she'd laugh and blush. I was pretty pumped for a 4 day weekend with her.

That night we went to Anthony's Fish Grotto abd had dinner. She had gotten something with a lot of oysters and shrimp in it, I just went with some crab legs. We had a very nice dinner and even had some wine, though we were both about 6 months underage for that. Fats forward a little bit and we're back at my brother's condo. He and his wife were out with her coworkers for some fundraiser party at the Zoo. So here I am with this gorgeous girl, all alone in a nice guest room. She and I start making out and she whispers in my ear that we can't go all the way this weekend, because she had just started her period. A bit disappointing, but not the end of the world, I tell her not to worry about it and we keep fooling around.

20 minutes later I'm about as ready to go as I had ever been and she unzips my pants and starts giving me a handy, but she's starting to sweat, like a lo, I ask her if she's alright, she says "yeah, just a little warm in here" and takes her top off. She has loving "innie" nipples, not awful, just not what I was hoping for. Still, she's sweet and beautiful and Im not the type to let a blemish in the paint ruin a car. I ignore then and she starts rubbing her tits all over my face, I go along with it because I'm 20 with a hard on that could be used to shape steel. She started working her way down and gave me the toothiest BJ in the history of oral sex. It felt like she was dragging my cock through wet driveway gravel, I just dealt with it instead of asking her to stop because, once again, she's pretty and I have a 6 hour old boner. She really starts trying to deep throat me now, just shoving her head all the way down, I can hear her gagging a little so I try to help her out by moving her head up off of me a little, instead she jams down again and it starts a massive chain reaction that would trigger all 5 stages of grief in about a 9 second span.

She starts barfing, but the panic makes her try to shut her mouth, which still has my shaft in it, so now she's clamping on my dick while spewing stomach bile and clam sauce all over it. I put my hands around her head and get a thumb on the jaw hinge and gently yet emphatically push it in a little while moving her head up, she's now depositing her entire dinner of mollusks on my lap, and my dick is definitely bleeding from her biting down. I didn't know what hurt more, her vomit on an open dong wound or stomach bile caught up in my dick-hole. That moment after, where I had a crying mostly naked girl trying to clean up her vomit off the floor, while I dealt with two new forms of terrible searing pain in and on my johnson while I dealt with the smell of the rotting remains of the Pacific coastline plopped in my lap and tried to say "it's okay" in a voice that wasn't me screaming out in pain and disgust, that moment just reminds me of how I feel about this whole project now.

It started with a lot of promise and excitement, all the right things were there, but now here we are, bleeding dicks in hand trying to clear a barrel jam created by undercooked oysters and over-enthusiastic but ultimately under-experienced vigor

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Booblord Zagats posted:

Star Citizen reminds me of the most hyped up yet ultimately most disappointing sex of my life.

I was a young man, about 20, I had just been assigned to Edwards AFB as an active duty Marine working with a reserve unit. It was heave. Hot Air Force girls everywhere, base DFAC had good food, very few other Marines to run up and yell idiot poo poo like "Yut-yut" and "Debba-dawg" whenever they saw me with my wallet in my pocket instead of in my socks. There was a really, really cute AF girl I had met my first day while one of our reservists was showing me around base. She was incredibly attractive, long black hair, perky tits you could see even when she was wearing those terrible BDUs the AF had then. She shouldn't have enlisted, she should have just gone to a modelling agency and worked boat shows and trade conventions making more money than she could have as an E-4.

We hit it off very well, she and I both had a lot of similar interests, ranging from James Bond movies, a love of older Lotus' and we even both were still quoting Beavis and Butthead episodes in the year 2003. We would spend as much time as we could together. She was dealing with breaking up with her ex-fiance, I was new to the area, so I was trying to play it cool and not push anything.One weekend I was about to leave to spend the long 4th of July weekend with my older brother who owned a place in San Diego. She was bummed because she had nowhere to go and my brothers then-wife suggested I invite this girl to come with me. I asked her and she was really excited to come. She packed her poo poo and we drove to my brother's condo. The drive up we flirted and teased the whole way, she kept putting her hand on my lap and moving her fingers just a small amount until she could feel me getting hard, then she'd laugh and blush. I was pretty pumped for a 4 day weekend with her.

That night we went to Anthony's Fish Grotto abd had dinner. She had gotten something with a lot of oysters and shrimp in it, I just went with some crab legs. We had a very nice dinner and even had some wine, though we were both about 6 months underage for that. Fats forward a little bit and we're back at my brother's condo. He and his wife were out with her coworkers for some fundraiser party at the Zoo. So here I am with this gorgeous girl, all alone in a nice guest room. She and I start making out and she whispers in my ear that we can't go all the way this weekend, because she had just started her period. A bit disappointing, but not the end of the world, I tell her not to worry about it and we keep fooling around.

20 minutes later I'm about as ready to go as I had ever been and she unzips my pants and starts giving me a handy, but she's starting to sweat, like a lo, I ask her if she's alright, she says "yeah, just a little warm in here" and takes her top off. She has loving "innie" nipples, not awful, just not what I was hoping for. Still, she's sweet and beautiful and Im not the type to let a blemish in the paint ruin a car. I ignore then and she starts rubbing her tits all over my face, I go along with it because I'm 20 with a hard on that could be used to shape steel. She started working her way down and gave me the toothiest BJ in the history of oral sex. It felt like she was dragging my cock through wet driveway gravel, I just dealt with it instead of asking her to stop because, once again, she's pretty and I have a 6 hour old boner. She really starts trying to deep throat me now, just shoving her head all the way down, I can hear her gagging a little so I try to help her out by moving her head up off of me a little, instead she jams down again and it starts a massive chain reaction that would trigger all 5 stages of grief in about a 9 second span.

She starts barfing, but the panic makes her try to shut her mouth, which still has my shaft in it, so now she's clamping on my dick while spewing stomach bile and clam sauce all over it. I put my hands around her head and get a thumb on the jaw hinge and gently yet emphatically push it in a little while moving her head up, she's now depositing her entire dinner of mollusks on my lap, and my dick is definitely bleeding from her biting down. I didn't know what hurt more, her vomit on an open dong wound or stomach bile caught up in my dick-hole. That moment after, where I had a crying mostly naked girl trying to clean up her vomit off the floor, while I dealt with two new forms of terrible searing pain in and on my johnson while I dealt with the smell of the rotting remains of the Pacific coastline plopped in my lap and tried to say "it's okay" in a voice that wasn't me screaming out in pain and disgust, that moment just reminds me of how I feel about this whole project now.

It started with a lot of promise and excitement, all the right things were there, but now here we are, bleeding dicks in hand trying to clear a barrel jam created by undercooked oysters and over-enthusiastic but ultimately under-experienced vigor
Holy poo poo look at this post you made.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Octopode posted:

There literally never has been, and still isn't, an intention for an independent FPS module. Star Marine was and still is planned as another subgame within the game, just like Arena Commander. I don't know where you got this idea that there was going to be an independent FPS game.

That's pure bollocks. Here's why:

quote:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/funding-goals

$29,000,000
Enhanced Mission Design for Squadron 42 – The team at Foundry 42 has big plans for Squadron 42, and we’re going to provide extra funding to make it a true spiritual successor to Wing Commander! Squadron 42 can go above and beyond anything you’ve seen before. From opening with an epic battle instead of a training patrol to missions that seamlessly combine boarding and space combat, we aim to put you right into the action! Additional funding will let the team realize this, with enhanced mission design and more resources and animations to enhance fidelity.

$20,000,000
First person combat on select lawless planets. Don’t just battle on space stations and platforms… take the fight to the ground!

$16,000,000
Arena mode: The next generation of Wing Commander’s TrainSim allows pilots to test out their combat skills against friends or strangers in a simulation. Gain valuable combat experience without the downside of losing your ship in the game universe! Place bets on competitions across the galaxy.

$5,000,000
Enhanced boarding options: melee combat, heavy weapons, zero gravity simulation, suit HUD options and EVA combat.

$3,500,000
Ship boarding – learn more about how Star Citizen will allow players to conduct boarding operations.
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/12777-35-Million-Unlock

FPS gameplay style was introduced right off the bat and added in various forms via stretch goals.

Like changing "Arena" to "Arena Commander", Chris himself tagged the FPS module as "Star Marine". And like Arena commander's ships, flight dynamics etc, everything SM was to be in the PU as well as SQ42.

The SM module was only as "independent" as Arena Commander in terms of it being used as a test

quote:

http://starcitizen.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Marine
According to in-game lore, Star Marine was developed by InterDimension Software. It can be accessed from the Sim pod located in every player's hangar.

...and this was Oct 3rd, 2015.

quote:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14981-Star-Marine-Status-Update
Below you will find the weekly list of changes, updates, fixes and issues. We’re getting very close to release; those that remember the early days of Arena Commander will remember how frustrating it was that last minute blockers continued to pop up… and the same is true here. It’s part of the process, for sure, but a part we’ll be happy to be done with very soon.

In closing, it’s been another week of solid progress. We get closer and closer to putting this into your hands. I hope to have a video for you next week detailing one of the major blockers that’s kept Star Marine out of your hands thus far, including the solution we’re in the process of implementing even as I write this.

At that was merely three weeks before Chris announced at CitizenCon that Star Marine was no longer going to be released as a stand alone module, but that it would be a component of the PU. As we've seen in the 2.0 pre-Alpha, the same poo poo that was shown before, is what's actually in there now. None of the new stuff they claimed they were working on appears to be in it. In fact, last I checked, they haven't even mentioned anything about FPS in these 2.0 updates, let alone "Star Marine".

So, as I said back in Sept, the Star Marine module has in fact been canceled.

So no, you guys don't get to hide behind revisionist history in a blatant - and sordid - attempt that give Chris a pass with every screw up and lie. The truth is out there. All of it.

OhDearGodNo posted:

Wait.... Wait wait wait wait.

You're trying to twist things around here.

First- there was never the intent to make the FPS aspect of the game separate. You are correct in that.

That being said, the first iterations of FPS development were to be separated into a separate module- completely independent from the DFM and hangar. It was to be launched from the hangar, as a "sim" called Star Marine. This was to allow the FPS combat portion to be developed alongside flight and "planet side" parts of the game.

This was also to include the Ender Arena and some made up game called "Sataball"

CIG completely hosed this up. I couldn't care less if they outsourced it to Illfonic.

All of the work, including the multiplayer demo from last spring, was completely trashed except for whatever few assets they could bring over. Things such as the original armor, effects, maps, grav gen, the zero-g character animations (remember the video where the model would automatically grab things 'correctly'), the dynamic lighting, particle effect, etc were worthless and didn't make it through the attempted code merge.

They didn't even try merging the FPS into any part of the client until this summer.

The only things from the 2 years of FPS work are a handful of textures, head bobbing, and the lack of a crosshair.

So yes, the FPS was to be an independent module and EVENTUALLY merged into the PU- however this 2.0 talk didn't even come about until they realized how bad the merge was.

It was to be Arena Commander 2.0, with multicrew and the ability to move around. This was not the FPS part. Somewhere AC 2.0 was slowly dropped, and around the time CIG really noticed the problems with the FPS branch did the talk of "baby PU" come about.

This whole Star Citizen 2.0 is a complete deviation from the original development plan, which would have had the DFM, FPS, and Planetside completely separate and only after their release and stabilization were they to be combined to make the PU. However when all this went tits up they just turned the stock Cryengine FPS branch back on and band-aid patched what they could to make it work. And that's where you are now with 2.0

Yes - pretty much.

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Nov 25, 2015

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

That has nothing to do with Star Citizen, you just really wanted to talk about the time a girl with the wrong kind of breasts threw up on your dick.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

FactsAreUseless posted:

Holy poo poo look at this post you made.

Hey man, it fits the narrative

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The above was in response to the post earlier but hey, I think it applies to all of Derek's posts too.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

FactsAreUseless posted:

The above was in response to the post earlier but hey, I think it applies to all of Derek's posts too.

See!? I told you it fit the narrative of the thread!

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Booblord Zagats posted:

can someone that's read all this tell me if i can mastrubate to it

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Dongattack posted:

can someone that's read all this tell me if i can mastrubate to it
I don't really know what you're into but you can give it a try.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Booblord Zagats posted:

How did the 2nd date go?

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

FactsAreUseless posted:

I don't really know what you're into but you can give it a try.

I gave it a halfhearted attempt, but near the end of the post it got too funny to continue.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

"Fats forward a bit..." Yeah, she certainly was!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

FactsAreUseless posted:

"Fats forward a bit..." Yeah, she certainly was!

There are no fat girls in the Air Force, at least not under E-7/O-4

• Locked thread