Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Wili posted:

Just make sure to place all chairs as out of the way as possible before something bad happens.

At some point Commie or someone else will release a translation for Mahoutsukai no Yoru. Not too far in the future, hopefully.

The only active Mahoyo translation just put out a patch through Chapter 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

BlitzBlast posted:

immediately afterward i did a regular 4 roll and got another kaleidoscope, are these things supposed to be so common?
I still don't have one! Those are worth two five stars servant imo! :argh:

Now you can grind daily with ease.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Wili posted:

Just make sure to place all chairs as out of the way as possible before something bad happens.

At some point Commie or someone else will release a translation for Mahoutsukai no Yoru. Not too far in the future, hopefully.

Last I checked the Commie translation stalled out last year or so. And I don't think any other big groups bothered to pick it up after Commie said they were gonna do it.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Wili posted:

McJon already released the first five chapters, y'know.
Bribe him with money and he might work harder. Maybe.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

BlitzBlast posted:

immediately afterward i did a regular 4 roll and got another kaleidoscope, are these things supposed to be so common?

Just a coincidence; I have most of the existing 5* CEs and not a single Kaleidoscope. Not that this bothers me; even the CE that starts you at 50% is enough to fill it up by the time you reach the second or third round of any battle. When you take into account that it also increases NP acquisition by 20%, it seems pretty much objectively superior to Kaleidoscope in most situations (exceptions being shorter battles with only one round).

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Speaking of one round battles, True Assassin just insta-killed Gils with a single Zabaniya. :v:
I was just using it to get a full Quick Chain so Gilgamesh could go nuts, I wasn't expecting it to work.

EDIT: And that's Orleans done with. Alter actually put up a fight. :toot:
and i guess gils was there too, for like two seconds before vlad squished him

EDIT 2: Ahahahaha Kiyohime forces herself into your party, that's the best.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Nov 21, 2015

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Kyte posted:

McJon already released the first five chapters, y'know.
Bribe him with money and he might work harder. Maybe.

I'll go to Beasts Lair and go baasak there until Mahoyo, the Strange/Fake manga and the rest of Apo are fully translated. Wish me luck.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

XENA I LOVE YOU posted:

Last I checked the Commie translation stalled out last year or so. And I don't think any other big groups bothered to pick it up after Commie said they were gonna do it.

Commie isn't stalled, the translation's finished and they've been in editing/TLC. It's slow as all hell but progress trucks on.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

I'll go to Beasts Lair and go baasak there until Mahoyo, the Strange/Fake manga and the rest of Apo are fully translated. Wish me luck.

Strange/Fake manga IS fully translated, it just releases annually in TM Ace.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I'm finding Archer David immensely satisfying to use in battle, even more than Robin Hood. I think it's because his evade skill that benefits the entire party helps, but he also hits harder w/ normal attacks and NP does good damage for one target.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Rodyle posted:

Strange/Fake manga IS fully translated, it just releases annually in TM Ace.

No!!!!!!

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

It's just amazing how Takeuchi's art has improved in the last decade. Best thing UBW did was make Saber's coat outfit more popular.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Make her ponytail part of her main costume too

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
The best Saber outfit is the raincoat

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Free Oda Nobunaga! It's time to walk into another hell with my really low level servants. :stonklol:

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Nice they're putting talons, hearts, and plumes in the event shop. Time to get out of ascension hell.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Nyaa posted:

Free Oda Nobunaga! It's time to walk into another hell with my really low level servants. :stonklol:

Her raw stats are higher than EMIYA's, too. :negative:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

XENA I LOVE YOU posted:

Nice they're putting talons, hearts, and plumes in the event shop. Time to get out of ascension hell.

You know you'll fall right back into it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
FREE NOBUNAGA WHAT

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Lol Okita Souji is the 5* roll and a Saber. I'm glad we've got like 5 Gold Sabers with the same face now and still no 5* Assassins and Lancers. It's gonna be a good event though.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
When i heard they were adding Nobunaga i was getting ready to burn all my quartz and tickets, but now that she's free i'm even more hyped.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Schubalts posted:

You know you'll fall right back into it.

My secret is to put Waver in a corner and forget about him forever. Unless I roll Okita, then I'm hosed.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Free Nobunaga YEAH. Goddammit, Sakura Saber would be great to have, but gently caress that gatcha...

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day
I have 170 Quartz and I'm ready for my heart to be ripped out and stomped on by the random number generator. Bring it on.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I swear they must have timed the caster exp daily to make me want to lvl up mephis! :argh:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I look forward to easily rolling this five star too :smug:

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010

-Troika- posted:

Her raw stats are higher than EMIYA's, too. :negative:

I have a max level EMIYA too and I haven't used him in a long time :smithicide:

At least I can put him as a leader for people to use.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I did a doubletake when I heard there was a Sakura Saber, but it looks like she's just another Saber clone?

quote:

Sakura Saber is first introduced as part of a joke in that Takashi Takeuchi was supposed to introduce a new Servant in Koha-Ace, but instead drew another version of Saber.

This is pretty funny though.

EDIT: Speaking of Sakura, is it just me or is Saint Martha literally just an adult Sakura?

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Nov 24, 2015

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

BlitzBlast posted:

I did a doubletake when I heard there was a Sakura Saber, but it looks like she's just another Saber clone?

The wikia entry on Sakura Saber says she's actually one of the weaker Sabers due to her sickness that afflicted her during life, low Riding Skill because they only rode horses, and her Magic Resistance is also low because the use of magic in the Bakumatsu Era was becoming less common.

And although she's a Saber clone, genderbending and all, I can't help but like her design. It's the sakura pink outfit...

But okay FGO, if you say she's 5*, it's your game :argh:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Don't worry we'll get an actual Sakura servant at some point

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Compendium posted:

And although she's a Saber clone, genderbending and all, I can't help but like her design. It's the sakura pink outfit...

Isn't that the most important thing?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

BlitzBlast posted:

Originally Sakura Saber (sakura as in cherry blossoms, not the character, as you have probably figured out by now) was a one-off joke for TM Ace. It's Okita Souji, genderbent because Takeuchi gonna Takeuchi (the joke was about saberclones, after all). Her and Oda Nobunaga (another character originally started as a joke) gained popularity from Keikenchi's satirical comics. (That's the guy that does the chibis. You see them here and there, like one of the last eps of Carnival Phantasm and a Prisma Ilya endcard, plus TM Ace comics. Gudaguda Order is the GO-focused one, which ran for a good few months before GO even released) One of the recurring jokes was that even though they presented GO, they weren't actually part of it.

They were the guys to name the GO protagonists Gudao and Gudako. :v:

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I personally call the dude!MC Gudakun :V

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

And yet Extra protags names aren't canonically "Francis Xavier"...

Psiwri
Mar 8, 2012

"The Foecast today calls for dark clouds, booming thunder and F.O.E.s everywhere!"
I blew my roll stock hoping for Okita since he/she fits super well in my active composition, and I got three 5* CEs, 2 4* CEs, a 4* servant and a 5* servant (my first, Vlad, when I already have all the 4* berserkers anyway so I'm not terribly thrilled). Not a single one of them was a rate up featured CE or servant. I need to stop playing gacha games.

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day

jellycat posted:

I have 170 Quartz and I'm ready for my heart to be ripped out and stomped on by the random number generator. Bring it on.

This went as predicted! I even had four tickets and all I got out of the whole thing was Lancelot (I already have a maxed Heracles) and my first Kaleidoscope.

I was hoping for at least an EMIYA…

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Got the new saberface, but she's staying benched until I can level her enough to fit with my current team.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

-Troika- posted:

Got the new saberface, but she's staying benched until I can level her enough to fit with my current team.

You might as well put her in your party right away, for the +100% Honnouji points bonus.

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day
God I love the writing in these events. Gilgamesh just showed up and started complaining about people getting on his case about not being able to get Saber during his event, but he wanted to get her too and he couldn't, even after doing the 10-card draw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Freak Futanari posted:

You might as well put her in your party right away, for the +100% Honnouji points bonus.

You get a guest one who's higher level, I'm just using that one.