Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.

bobjr posted:

I just noticed this but is Jaffar supposed to be huge? He's like twice as tall as Sora.

An adult twice as tall as a child? They might be giants!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

I like how Sora is able to unlock those gates by using his keyblade upside down.

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
:rolldice:
Crap.
Jafar is easily my favorite Disney villain. Give the guy a bit of power and he transforms into a giant ham. It's great.

e: Seriously, take a shot every time he makes a one-liner in the last third of that movie.

Blastinus fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Nov 17, 2015

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

i don't remember if it was brought up in the olympus vids but apparently james woods just agrees to voice hades no matter what. even for little pay, or something? he likes the role so much that he'll even agree to be in these weird-rear end anime games that inexplicably include disney villains. maybe gilbert gottfried is the same way.

gilbert gottfried also was a dude who made a 9/11 joke in new york the week after it happened, so he probably also just doesn't have a lot of people willing to hire him for acting jobs.

FinalGamer posted:

I do agree with Chorps that the performance of Genie in this game is rather oddly stiff compared to the others, which is weird because you'd expect Dan Castellaneta of all people to be able to not be stiff when not doing the Simpsons.

another thing is that the audio quality in this game is loving garbage, you probably can't hear it on youtube because we're yakking over it and the audio is way less loud than normal, but if you listen real closely you can hear a little consistent compression buzz over all the dialogue in the game.

SelenicMartian posted:

Kingdom Hearts needs a Simpson's spin off where Mr. Burns chases after Donald and Goofy suspecting them to be mutants from the plant, and wants to destroy them as evidence.

please don't spoil the plot of the game my studio, Bad Boyz III: Big Boyz is working on.

Herr Tog posted:

This is one of my favorite LPS. never stop.

don't worry, there are no intentions to. there might be a break for a week to two weeks in january but that's all the kingdom hearts stopping we currently got planned!

bobjr posted:

I just noticed this but is Jaffar supposed to be huge? He's like twice as tall as Sora.

to be fair, Sora is 60 centimeters.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

FutureFriend posted:

gilbert gottfried also was a dude who made a 9/11 joke in new york the week after it happened, so he probably also just doesn't have a lot of people willing to hire him for acting jobs.

Isn't that why he got fired from doing AFLAC commercials?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Isn't that why he got fired from doing AFLAC commercials?

No, that was for a tweet about the Tohoku tsunami in 2011.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

FutureFriend posted:

ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Gilbert Gottfried also has a really funny and good podcast. It's called "Gilbert Gottfried's Amazing Colossal Podcast" and he interviews character actors, people in comedy (the most recent episode had Chevy Chase, and while he wasn't as much of an rear end in a top hat as I was expecting him to be, he's sort of grouchy), and the children of old Universal horror movie actors. He bursts into a very distinct and grating laugh at least five times an episode, but it's worth it. It's also sponsored by a website where you can buy underwear.

He and James Woods take whatever work they can get- Gilbert because he makes off-color jokes a lot, and James because he's a lunatic right-winger who sues people that make jokes about him being addicted to cocaine.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Man, Aladdin is pretty poo poo with this wishing business.

Wish 1: Kill like 3 mooks
Wish 2: Save Jasmine (FAILED) Although I guess that's more Genie's fault. Seriously, he suddenly just decides to not teleport her but just slooowly carry her away?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

TwoPair posted:

Man, Aladdin is pretty poo poo with this wishing business.

This is one thing that really annoys me about the KH series. Characters that should be smart do exceptionally dumb and out of character things.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

This is one thing that really annoys me about the KH series. Characters that should be smart do exceptionally dumb and out of character things.

i mean i would agree if half the plot of the movie itself wasn't due to aladdin using god powers to impress a lady who was already pretty into his hobo self.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Characters that should be smart do exceptionally dumb and out of character things.
I the plot demands that they all create problems a pre-schooler can solve for them.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

FutureFriend posted:

i mean i would agree if half the plot of the movie itself wasn't due to aladdin using god powers to impress a lady who was already pretty into his hobo self.

True. Though, to be fair, given that he's poor and was embarrassed by the palace guard upon their retrieval of Jasmine, he likely felt ashamed and wanted to make himself look better.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

FutureFriend posted:

"But the rules say she can only marry a prince!"

What thing about Jasmine makes you think she's going to listen to the rules? This woman has a tiger for a best friend and ran away from home because she was bored.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
why have you not added a billion engines to your ship now that you can buy parts

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

darealkooky posted:

why have you not added a billion engines to your ship now that you can buy parts

we have a toilet. that is all we need out of space.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
imagine a toilet that gets through the bullshit parts of the game in half the time

this is the toilet you could have made

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

darealkooky posted:

imagine a toilet that gets through the bullshit parts of the game in half the time

this is the toilet you could have made

you dont mess with art, buddy!

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Why do you have so many engines on this toilet? How are we supposed to appreciate art if it zips by in the blink of an eye?

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I'm disappointed you didn't make the quintessential square-of-engine-mounted-cannons that I remember from my childhood

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Doing Gummi Ship stuff in this game is a pain until you start to get more of the parts. I never really had fun with it until I fooled around with the full set of Gummi Ship stuff at the end of the game. And, well, by that point it's a bit too late. :v:

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

sorry for the day-late update, some real life stuff came in the way

Polsy

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
That was the best possible joke to end on.

Also Aladdin got a pretty raw deal. He should try to haggle by pointing out that Genie totally didn't grant Aladdin's second wish after Iago just grabbed the lamp. Then he could get Jasmine and free Genie.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Nov 25, 2015

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I wonder if Genie's power extends to other worlds. Because if it does, then why not hand the lamp to Sora, let him wish to have Jasmine back on Agrabah in addition to having Riku and Kairi nearby. Donald or Goofy could wish the King to their location or something, and then Aladdin could still use his last wish to free Genie.

We already know from what happened with Jafar that the lamp doesn't just shoot off into nowhere after someone uses all three of their wishes. :shrug:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I wonder if Genie's power extends to other worlds. Because if it does, then why not hand the lamp to Sora, let him wish to have Jasmine back on Agrabah in addition to having Riku and Kairi nearby. Donald or Goofy could wish the King to their location or something, and then Aladdin could still use his last wish to free Genie.

We already know from what happened with Jafar that the lamp doesn't just shoot off into nowhere after someone uses all three of their wishes. :shrug:

*snip*

[No talking about the events of future Kingdom Hearts games! -Jordan]

Somebody fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Nov 25, 2015

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

That would DEFINITELY be muddling.

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

I would totally play Kingdom Jafarts.

E: Jafar suplexes a boulder, just because he can.

Double May Care fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Nov 25, 2015

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

When I was a kid the cave of wonders basement was the most confusing thing. It's all dark waterways.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

And unlike every other water dungeon ever, you can swim up the waterfalls.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

We've only been through this twice so far, but Maleficent's moralizing about her fallen comrades strikes me as a whole lot of hot air that serves no purpose. Welcome to the wonderful world of Square writing, I guess.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING

FutureFriend posted:

to be fair, Sora is 60 centimeters.

I mean that's like four feet, which is not a 100% unreasonable height for a ten-year-old.

80% maybe but not 100%.

Archaedes
Nov 3, 2013

AinsleyAinsleyAinsley
AinsleyAinsleyAinsley
AinsleyAinsleyAinsley
I like how despite doing everything to stop the princesses being kidnapped, Square writing prevails and manages to shoehorn in some bullshit way to have all of the princesses kidnapped.

Archaedes fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Nov 25, 2015

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Y-Hat posted:

We've only been through this twice so far, but Maleficent's moralizing about her fallen comrades strikes me as a whole lot of hot air that serves no purpose. Welcome to the wonderful world of Square writing, I guess.

It mostly just reinforces that Maleficent considers herself more powerful than her allies and above being corrupted by the Heartless. A lot of it is fluff and I think some of it was added for Final Mix.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.

Dr. Buttass posted:

I mean that's like four feet, which is not a 100% unreasonable height for a ten-year-old.

80% maybe but not 100%.

60 cm is exactly 2 feet champ

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
When was Alice even a princess anyway?

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING

Raenir K. Artemi posted:

60 cm is exactly 2 feet champ

Hey you're right, there's no "1" in front of that "60", is there.

Time to see the optometrist.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

MelvinBison posted:

i think as far as disney is concerned the term has less to do with royalty and more to do with 'female lead'

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
:rolldice:
Crap.
An all-powerful genie, and he throws rocks. Those sure are some phenomenal cosmic powers.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

He got the powers, but they came without a user manual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Rather Watch Them posted:

I would totally play Kingdom Jafarts.

E: Jafar suplexes a boulder, just because he can.

jafar learns that its really the inside that matters, not the outside.

bobjr posted:

When I was a kid the cave of wonders basement was the most confusing thing. It's all dark waterways.

honestly, i play this game to completion atleast once every 2-3 years and i still don't usually know how to navigate the caves. they are way too loving huge.

MelvinBison posted:

alice is a child who still has all her limbs in the industrial revolution, she must be royalty, tbh.

Blastinus posted:

An all-powerful genie, and he throws rocks. Those sure are some phenomenal cosmic powers.

hey man have u ever played final fantasy, throwing a bunch of space rocks is the best spell okay?

• Locked thread