Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Konnan was on the MLW podcast trying to claim that ADR was doing close to a $1million during his year out of WWE. If dude was making that kind of coin, why was he so eager to head back to WWE for half the pay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

coconono posted:

Konnan was on the MLW podcast trying to claim that ADR was doing close to a $1million during his year out of WWE. If dude was making that kind of coin, why was he so eager to head back to WWE for half the pay?

My assumption was that K-Dawg was high, lying, or both.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

coconono posted:

Because his downside is just that and he could well make more than $1m/year in WWE.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Spermgod posted:

Because his downside is just that and he could well make more than $1m/year in WWE.

Except we're already seeing ADR get moved into a Just Another Guy role.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..
He's presumably working with Cena when he comes back.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Cavernario

He said something I believe to the effect of "Let's take a few years off" on twitter. What this means for the gimmick I have not a loving clue

Thauros fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Nov 20, 2015

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

:(

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
what the hell

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Cubsfan posted:

The jump everyone was talking about a whole 24 hours ago was Cibernetico. AAA met the press for the first time as part of the opening of the new lucha libre exhibit in Mexico City, while Elite had a introductory press conference with Ciber himself.

The Elite press conference had a little more news. CMLL covering it itself was news, because they mentioned AAA by name and said more luchadors from AAA were coming. CMLL luchadors are pretty much trained not to even mention AAA or it’s wrestlers by name – the most recent funny example of this was Psycho Clown being mentioned as “the Alvarado in the other promotion” – so this is a noticeable different attitude mostly due to their relationship with Elite.

Cibernetico confirmed he left AAA on bad terms and that AAA says they have him under contract. (+LuchaTV has the video.) He says he’s repeatedly asked to see the contract and AAA’s refused to show it to him, so he doesn’t believe he’s actually under contract. Cibernetico questioned how he could still be under contract to AAA and also be told he couldn’t work last Friday night’s show in Ciudad Madero because he was no longer in AAA. Cibernetico maintained that he owned his own name. (This is confirmed, there’s a trademark for Cibernetico under his name, and it’s one he used prior to coming to AAA.) Cibernetico said others from AAA may follow him because they’re unhappy with they’re being treated, blaming an unnamed person/persons big ego for not understanding the reasons people want to leave. I don’t know if he was talking about Konnan, but everyone’s going to assume he was talking about Konnan.

what a loving year for lucha

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Thauros posted:

Cavernario

He said something I believe to the effect of "Let's take a few years off" on twitter. What this means for the gimmick I have not a loving clue

His statement was "Vamos a quitarnos unos añitos". Could that mean it's an old pic from a few years ago? My Spanish sucks.

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Here are a bunch of trios or parejas I have personally watched and range from watchable to very good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OT1gCXB1zF4

Wanted to say that I enjoyed the germans between Rush and La Park(a)

Had my first Naito sighting with Los Ingobernables, word on the street is that la Sombra was the star of fantasticamania: any matches or shows to watch from those runs?

Reading the cubsfan I had to look up "CMLL luchadors are pretty much trained not to even mention AAA or it’s wrestlers by name – the most recent funny example of this was Psycho Clown being mentioned as “the Alvarado in the other promotion” – so this is a noticeable different attitude mostly due to their relationship with Elite."

When AAA brought in the ex-wwe people and gave them main event spots over the Texano jr/Psycho Clown fued; I don't speak spanish but I thought that was real dumb. How could that fued go from 2nd billing of Triplemania in 2014 to Psycho Clown being in the worst match of 2015? I started watching AAA sometime around Rey de Reyes 2014 with Jack Evans/Angelico matches, the Psycho Clown/Texano fueds, Perros del Mal, and watching flippy dudes like the Australian Suicide, Fenix, and Drago. It seemed liked they had their pieces in their places but then went full TNA pushing the ex-wwe guys. Chessman and Cibernetico where not my favorites but I could see how they see outsiders are getting more opportunities; who wouldn't want to win a big sword as a trophy? Or go to CMLL where I am noticiting from wikipedia that they have a million titles and a million tournaments.

The more I watch these Los Ingobernables matches the more and more I enjoy these Relevos Australianos style matches.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Unfortunately, I didn't really pay much attention to the Fantasticamanias, so I can't offer much in the way of info there. Here's a cool note from last year's Fantasticamania from the Observer, though.

FEB. 2, 2015 WRESTLING OBSERVER NEWSLETTER posted:

There was a report from Japan from the owner of a wrestling store saying that Mistico was in terrible pain the entire Japanese tour, and at the 1/18 Korakuen Hall show (the second to last show), he was in tears backstage. The wrestlers from New Japan told him he needed to go to the hospital, but his seniors in CMLL told him he would be okay if he just drank heavily (that is something of a Mexican protocol in some circles).

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

I hope more people don't leave AAA. I much prefer their style to CMLL.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Fantasticamania 2012 is top to bottom the best one but i can never find night 2 of it online

'13 and '14 were fun shows but other than the Volador/Dorada match I don't remember anything you need to go out of your way to see.

'15 was fun but stretched way too thin with a bunch of shows. Between Cavernario/Cometa, Sombra/Dorada, and a couple fun big tag matches the final night is the best

oatgan fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Nov 20, 2015

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

NJPW's Fantasticamanias are the best way to watch CMLL imo. Tho you'll miss out of the guy with the border police gimmick and the tagteam with the fighting cocks.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

http://www.clarosports.com/en-vivo02/

This is starting in an hour with no region block

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

AAA doing a thing http://sipse.com/galatv/cancun/

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

AAA posted:

It is with great regret that we announce the cancellation of our December 4th event Guerra de Titanes in Tampico. More information soon.

:psyduck:

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

If you're still in mourning for the loss of WBF you can watch the CMLL bodybuilding competition live in about 15 minutes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MZh00lSxS4

Also, Guerra de Titanes has been canceled or at least postponed and AAA seems to be in chaos.

quote:

TKD 117
‏@TKD_117
Per @luchalibreaaa on Facebook, Guerra de Titanes on December 4 has been *canceled

@luchablog posted:

Holy crap.

what is going on with @luchalibreaaa? The press release says they'll have a makeup show for the Tampico/Madero area at some other point down the line. As of this moment, there are no known future AAA TV dates.

"Cancelada" is the same term AAA used for the Monterrey/Alberto taping that was eventually rescheduled. Hunch is that's the same deal here.

house show, not taping.

Wednesday/today is the day AAA generally tapes the inbetween segments for TV, so maybe more info will be coming on those. AAA normally runs a very quiet Dec/Jan - just the year end show and a late taping in December, and just 1 in January. The other December taping is usually about a half a week before Christmas, so it kind of makes nothing has been advertised yet. but it's generally ill feeling to not have a tentative solution to go along with the problem, when people didn't know yet there was an issue
Lucha Underground only tapes the weekend of Dec 12/13 in December, the same weekend as PWG is running. AAA could run GdT around 19/20 (instead of that 2nd taping), but that leaves them with ~3 weeks of TV to fill.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
Rey's been talking a lot about WWE...

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Spermgod posted:

Rey's been talking a lot about WWE...

yikes

I'm much more into CMLL than AAA, but it's still a drat shame to see a promotion fall into an utter mess after such a promising start to the year.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

That was the same show when they were going to have Rey/Mundo for the new Mega champ

What a clusterfuck

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

everyone tune into the cmll stream immediately

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Why is there a CMLL bodybuilding competition and why is it sponsored by steroids?

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Im missing a CMLL bodybuilding show wow. I didn't think it was possible to hate being at work more than normal but here I am.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Congratulations Astral

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

La Sombra gave an interview to a Spanish-language lucha site where he said he would love for Rush and La Mascara to come to WWE with him. Nooooo

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

RIP Ingobernables

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

And now CMLL Informa has been "suspended due to circumstances beyond our control" too. What the hell is going on in Mexico?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

informa lasted an eternity and nobody watched it so no loss there

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

And now CMLL Informa has been "suspended due to circumstances beyond our control" too. What the hell is going on in Mexico?

No future tapings listed

Holy poo poo, what a year for lucha

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Sombra losing his mask killed the business.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Cibernetico said more people are going to leave AAA, assumption is Averno's leaving soon

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
Informa is nothing

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
I have a sad that lucha libre seems to have died right when I've taken an interest in watching it. :saddowns:

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Spermgod posted:

Informa is nothing

The general response I've seen to its apparent cancellation is relief from people who cover/report on lucha that they no longer have to watch it

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
How the gently caress is TNA going to outlast AAA

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Konnan went on MLW and said that the cancellation was "not his department" and that there's a general feeling of frustration in AAA management. He thinks it'll be rescheduled but he's not sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
People are being very overdramatic