Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

hahaha, goddamn.

I was thinking of buying one of these things since they can be gotten for like $30 now and I want to play the Ys games that weren't released for anything else.
I read that you need to do some kind of softmod to get one or both of them working but then you can use the touchpad on the PS4 to emulate all the touchy feely Vita poo poo, is that difficult to do?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I got one for $20 and softmoffing it is a bullshit experience:)

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

raditts posted:

hahaha, goddamn.

I was thinking of buying one of these things since they can be gotten for like $30 now and I want to play the Ys games that weren't released for anything else.
I read that you need to do some kind of softmod to get one or both of them working but then you can use the touchpad on the PS4 to emulate all the touchy feely Vita poo poo, is that difficult to do?

They released a patch so Ys (at least one of them) works on the PSTV now. Don't even bother trying to mod or hack the system; it's not worth your time

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

still looking for confirmation that Ys works on an euro pstv

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Drunk Tomato posted:

They released a patch so Ys (at least one of them) works on the PSTV now. Don't even bother trying to mod or hack the system; it's not worth your time

Holy poo poo how did I miss this news?

Yeah, modding a PSTV is 100% pointless with this game working. Get a PS3 if you want to play anything else, nothing else that's incompatible is worth your time (or reasonably playable without a proper touchscreen).

Davincie posted:

PSTV's themselves aren't regionalized like this, although the games might be. What I'm saying is if your game/account is from the U.S. it will for-sure work (patched to 1.02), if it's an EU version it depends, if you already own it see if you have a 1.02 patch.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

univbee posted:

Holy poo poo how did I miss this news?

Because it wasn't advertised by Xseed or Sony or anyone, it just sort of started working after that one whitelist hack got patched out.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

raditts posted:

I was thinking of buying one of these things since they can be gotten for like $30 now
Everytime i read that i check the european market, and nope, 34€ is the cheapest.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Since people are mentioning it in the thread what are the possibilities for hacking or soft modding a PSTV?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I don't know if revitalize was ever working (Homebrew using cross platform dev tools and spoofing a PSM authentication server) but other than that it's playing the waiting game for a hack that crashes a digital PSP game to a PSP menu.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

Phantasium posted:

Because it wasn't advertised by Xseed or Sony or anyone, it just sort of started working after that one whitelist hack got patched out.

Yeah there isn't even a patch or anything. The game just mysteriously works now for no apparent reason.

My personal theory is that some Sony PR intern got sick of people requesting Ys to work and just flipped the switch for that game.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

Yeah there isn't even a patch or anything. The game just mysteriously works now for no apparent reason.

My personal theory is that some Sony PR intern got sick of people requesting Ys to work and just flipped the switch for that game.
That's more or less what happened with Binding of Isaac Rebirth, it was not whitelisted as intended when it came out and people had to bug the dev on Twitter who in turn bugged a Sony guy and a couple weeks later it finally worked. :allears:

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

The_Frag_Man posted:

Since people are mentioning it in the thread what are the possibilities for hacking or soft modding a PSTV?

You can mod it to be compatible with all Vita games, but then as far as hacks go: everything the PSP can do

chensterrain
Feb 22, 2013

Davincie posted:

If you were still wondering, the EU version definitely does not work, unfortunately.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

thanks but :(

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Bumping a long-dead thread to confirm that Vita TV means death; the device has been discontinued in Japan (although not the handheld itself). Unfortunately this likely means we'll see future games skip compatibility entirely.

:rip:

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I want my
I want my
I want Vita TV

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I tried entering my Vita TV serial number into the warranty repair site and nothing came up. Also I noticed the US site completely removed any links to the Vita TV page.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

I wonder if they'll finally come out with the video cable for the OG Vita now, haha.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

univbee posted:

Bumping a long-dead thread to confirm that Vita TV means death; the device has been discontinued in Japan (although not the handheld itself). Unfortunately this likely means we'll see future games skip compatibility entirely.

As long as they don't do something stupid like accidentally retroactively break the whitelist, I don't mind much. Hell, I just found a copy of MLB 13 sitting neglected on a shelf in a Walmart, it feels like they were destined for each other.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

As long as it's a TV-compatible PSP that has the cables going to the dresser top instead of my hands, I'm cool. I mean it was $40, I knew I wasn't making a strong future-proof investment.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

univbee posted:

n
no :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

come post with us, forever and ever and ever
I just hope the new Shiren release is supported :ohdear:

• Locked thread