Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I hope Ramza has a calculator based ability but I will settle for him yelling a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
it would be cool if they added algus

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

zedprime posted:

I hope Ramza has a calculator based ability but I will settle for him yelling a lot.

I think they mentioned before that he was going to be a 'support/leader' type and yelling was one of his abilities.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I'm playing X-2 on PS4. I rented it shortly after it came out over ten years ago (having enjoyed X), but I couldn't really get into it because I thought it was... well, a little weird. I still think it's a bit weird, but I decided to at least give it a go since I had the HD combo. It definitely has its charm, I'll give it that. I'm slowly getting into the battle style... I think.

I'm not very far in, but can you really lose out on completion points by forgetting to talk to people at just the right moments? Like, maybe you don't talk to Rikku and Paine after finishing the opening Gagazet mission, is that the completion over for you? I've been told before that you shouldn't really aim for 100% on your first playthrough so I'm not going to cry over it, but it seems a bit lame if true.

Also, what is up with Brother in this game.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Hedgehog Pie posted:

I'm playing X-2 on PS4. I rented it shortly after it came out over ten years ago (having enjoyed X), but I couldn't really get into it because I thought it was... well, a little weird. I still think it's a bit weird, but I decided to at least give it a go since I had the HD combo. It definitely has its charm, I'll give it that. I'm slowly getting into the battle style... I think.

I'm not very far in, but can you really lose out on completion points by forgetting to talk to people at just the right moments? Like, maybe you don't talk to Rikku and Paine after finishing the opening Gagazet mission, is that the completion over for you? I've been told before that you shouldn't really aim for 100% on your first playthrough so I'm not going to cry over it, but it seems a bit lame if true.

There are dozens of tiny things you can miss that'll each screw you out of 0.1%. Getting 100% even with a guide is kind of a stressful nightmare (I followed one as close as I could and still ended up with 99.9%) so it's not really worth worrying about. It's actually pretty easy to get 100% in NG+ though because your completion percentage carries over and there's actually more than 100% worth of stuff in the game. So if you beat the game with like 98% you could just make some different decisions in NG+ and get the trophy for 100% that way.

If you're hoping to get the 'true' ending you should probably look up the requirements because there's no way you'll figure it out on your own. I think the requirements start at chapter 3. You don't need 100% completion for it (that just gets you an extra cutscene)

If you don't want to miss stuff basically just visit every area in every chapter

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I was going to be cross that they randomly gave her black magic and then I realized they gave her cross-class skills that would definitely be available to a Conjurer. Thunder is sort of a weird throwback since it was only crossable way back towards the start of 2.0 but Blizzard II and Ruin are legit.

Why would she cast Ruin when she has Stone? It does less damage! What a fuckin scrub, someone votekick her and get a real healer.

Excels posted:

it would be cool if they added agrias

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Fister Roboto posted:

Why would she cast Ruin when she has Stone? It does less damage! What a fuckin scrub, someone votekick her and get a real healer.

obviously she's trying to keep the stagger gauge up

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Hedgehog Pie posted:

You aren't intended to get 100 percent in a single playthrough, use the NG+.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Help Im Alive posted:

There are dozens of tiny things you can miss that'll each screw you out of 0.1%. Getting 100% even with a guide is kind of a stressful nightmare (I followed one as close as I could and still ended up with 99.9%) so it's not really worth worrying about. It's actually pretty easy to get 100% in NG+ though because your completion percentage carries over and there's actually more than 100% worth of stuff in the game. So if you beat the game with like 98% you could just make some different decisions in NG+ and get the trophy for 100% that way.

If you're hoping to get the 'true' ending you should probably look up the requirements because there's no way you'll figure it out on your own. I think the requirements start at chapter 3. You don't need 100% completion for it (that just gets you an extra cutscene)

If you don't want to miss stuff basically just visit every area in every chapter

Okie doke, thanks for all this. I have the guide because I don't like missing stuff in these games, and it comes with a completion list in the back. I'll probably just use it to cover as much content as possible, while also maybe levelling my characters up enough that I don't have to do anything too silly to beat any bosses later.

FactsAreUseless posted:

You aren't intended to get 100 percent in a single playthrough, use the NG+.

Yeah, this is what I meant I'd seen earlier. It's no problem, I just thought it was a bit weird to be able to miss things so easily...

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Excels posted:

it would be cool if they added algus

yes but only if he doesn't actually have any abilities at all, they just record like 2000 unique lines of poo poo-talking and replace his specials with that

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

every tactics character's EX special is just shouting well-versed, civil arguments until their opponent's honor is too wounded to continue

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

When against a player, Ramza's EX locks the opponent into the battle with Wiegraf

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

When against a player, Ramza's EX locks the opponent into the battle with Wiegraf

But they are underleveled and didn't make a backup save before they entered the multi-battle sequence

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

i hope they put in alma but whenever she enters the arenashe dies and delita takes over

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

corn in the bible posted:

i hope they put in alma but whenever she enters the arenashe dies and delita takes over
Or she dies and Altima takes over.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I assume you actually meant Ovelia.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Worse, it makes them save Rafa or lose instantly.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

I assume you actually meant Ovelia.

whatever they both died

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Actually, I think you mean Tietra :v:

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty
Those trailers all have such awful music. I don't understand what they're going for with those arrangements.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Fister Roboto posted:

Stone can't crit

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru
It's Hironobu Sakaguchi's birthday today.

May his surfing be swift and bountiful.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

i hope they add mewt randell

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

corn in the bible posted:

i hope they add mewt randell
I hope they add him, then rip it all away.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

mewt's ex ability is revealing that playing videogames is shallow escapism for manchildren and then your ps4 disappears

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Marche finds out that Tidus is a dream and becomes obsessed with killing him.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Marche did nothing wrong.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

marche's special ability forces his opponents to roll around in wheelchairs for the rest of their lives

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
except for tidus, he gets forced to live with his burned-out and abusive alcoholic dad

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I think that FF14 music remix was actually really good this time. Also Alma and Ramza don't die at the end, they go off and do :krad: poo poo. In fact, that probably justifies Ramza's reason for being in the game, other than Chaos' clone mom lover summoning him as a Warrior of Light.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Potato Jones posted:

Those trailers all have such awful music. I don't understand what they're going for with those arrangements.

I didn't mind XII's but the rest are pretty bad.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Sunning posted:

You sort of see the combat and character customization system's successor in Final Fantasy Mobius. In fact, you can see FFXIII assets reappear in the game as monsters and character clothing.

As for the engine, the game itself runs on Unity 5. I'd put Crystal Tools inability to become a competitive cross platform engine as the company's biggest failure, even above the failure of Square Pictures or spending half a billion dollars on Taito. At least they got Bubble Bobble with Taito.

At least they're using UE4 for the PS4 version of DQXI and not whatever nightmare custom-built engine of the month they have lying around.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

bloodychill posted:

Marche did nothing wrong.

He's a hero.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crNgq9h6Uhg

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Ugh, when Lightning returns she'll blow this game right out of the water. Nothing is better than Lightning.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's a mere 1 week, 6 days and 22 hours until her return.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

jfc square, just finish your drat anime game already, who gives a poo poo about "procedual" skies

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

i'll tell you who cares

nerds.

nerds care

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Attitude Indicator posted:

jfc square, just finish your drat anime game already, who gives a poo poo about "procedual" skies

Looks cool to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Sunning posted:

It's Hironobu Sakaguchi's birthday today.

May his surfing be swift and bountiful.