Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Doltos posted:

Who is this dragon bender and how do I hire him to serve my realm

What pisses me off isn't all the 99 rated recruits who inevitably play for Duke or Kentucky, it's the mother fuckers who are rated 70-90 who would rather sit on the bench at Duke or Kentucky than start for another program.

If you play for Duke for 4 years, you're guaranteed an easy job for some alumnus's company for the rest of your life, I don't know if you get that even as a star for IUPUI or Western Kentucky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Dejan Bimble posted:

If you play for Duke for 4 years, you're guaranteed an easy job for some alumnus's company for the rest of your life, I don't know if you get that even as a star for IUPUI or Western Kentucky.

I dunno staring for Western Kentucky probably gets you a ton of free dinners at Bojangles

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Doltos posted:

I dunno staring for Western Kentucky probably gets you a ton of free dinners at Bojangles

Pretty nice of Bojangles to let employees eat for free.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
is this the year that i get my wish of ron baker to the memphis grizzlies

Crazy Ted posted:

Question is: since he's a Quarterman which quarter do you play him in?

yuk yuk yuk

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

this is slightly off-topic, but while Wiggins is a mediocre defender in other areas, he's incredible good (probably one of the best five wings) at closing out on shooters and truly contesting a shot

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

I'm not too into college ball, but it sounds like Simmons is a guy whose worst-middle-best case scenario is like, Tall Royce White-Smart Lamar Odom-Next Magic Johnson?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

This will be a nice six months before he ends up going to the Sixers or the Celtics.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Hopefully he tweets a bunch of hateful things about his new teammates

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Rick posted:

This will be a nice six months before he ends up going to the Sixers or the Celtics.

He's just wearing Laker gear because it doubles as LSU colors.

(not really, but I like to think that)

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

swimmin for simmons

down there for labissiere

help me out here, i need a slogan for the rockets this season

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

chunkles posted:

swimmin for simmons

down there for labissiere

help me out here, i need a slogan for the rockets this season
Crap for Rabb?
Draggin for Dragan?
Out games for Ingram?
I'm very bad at this

(Buried for Murray)

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Kibner posted:

He's just wearing Laker gear because it doubles as LSU colors.

(not really, but I like to think that)

If it was a shaq jersey it'd make more sense. Opportunity lost for the man

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Rick posted:

Someone on Twitter please send this to the other Bill Simmons.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

TheFallenEvincar posted:

Crap for Rabb?
Draggin for Dragan?
Out games for Ingram?
I'm very bad at this

(Buried for Murray)

Win Ten For Ben

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
waste binning the team for that ben simmons gleam

clown-town failin' for #3 Brown, Jaylen

Has anyone else noticed "#SkalLabissiere" is an anagram for "Bile-rear end Lakers #1" (using roman numeral I) ?

EvanTH fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Nov 27, 2015

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
So he doesn't have a funny name but Kris Dunn looks really darn good.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Rick posted:

One-and Dunn
And-one Dunn
1-and Dunn

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Rick posted:

He's really good. I thought he hosed up not leaving last year since he'd have probably been a late lottery pick, but he can do even better than that this year if he keeps it up

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

If you have a superlative prospect, they are often able to shore up their shooting or if they can't then they can compensate in other areas.

MourningView posted:

He's really good. I thought he hosed up not leaving last year since he'd have probably been a late lottery pick, but he can do even better than that this year if he keeps it up

He's "matched up" against Denzel Valentine tomorrow so that's a good opportunity to see him play if anyone's missed it. He's been phenomenal but he doesn't have a ton of range

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Declan MacManus posted:

If you have a superlative prospect, they are often able to shore up their shooting or if they can't then they can compensate in other areas.

He's "matched up" against Denzel Valentine tomorrow so that's a good opportunity to see him play if anyone's missed it. He's been phenomenal but he doesn't have a ton of range

He hit like 35% of his threes last year, although not on a ton of attempts

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Declan MacManus posted:

Valentine is awesome. He was shooting the poo poo with Draymond Green courtside while he was hitting all those threes the other night.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Now that the NBA is returning back to the 90s era of 100 hall of fame bigs, maybe we can also return to the era of end-of-the-bench human growth freaks, "let's sign this guy he's pretty tall"?

With that in mind, funny-name ogres Tacko Fall and Mamadou N'diaye played against each other, a combined height of 15 feet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Om3EyXckbOk

You may notice that neither is particularly good but they are both huge

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Holy hell Ndiaye is bad. Thats got.to be the worst low post play Ive ever seen. His only move is pivot towards the basket real slow and throw it. I have no doubt i could stop him 80% of the time.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

This draft class is really looking weak and shallow. Skal and Jamal Murray don't look like top 5 picks to me. And people are hyping 22 year old seniors as lotto picks. Grim.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Not sure if he's coming out this year, most likely, but Dwayne Bacon has a great name.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Ben Simmons is ok at basketball

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

Ross Angeles posted:

Ben Simmons is ok at basketball

43 points
15-20 FG
14 rebounds
7 assists
5 steals
3 blocks

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

Redgrendel2001 posted:

43 points
15-20 FG
14 rebounds
7 assists
5 steals
3 blocks

In a 119-108 win over North Florida in regulation. LSU scored 71 in the 2nd half

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Redgrendel2001 posted:

43 points
15-20 FG
14 rebounds
7 assists
5 steals
3 blocks

All right at the rim against a pretty crappy team, but still pretty great.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is Blakeney coming with him or will he stay another year? I couldnt imagine wanting to stay. Ive been pretty high on him. Although my scouting high school guys is basically just sick highlights mixes.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Ingram was impressive last night v Indiana. 24 pts and 6 rbs, shot 10/15 including 4/6 from 3. Handled the ball very well, only 2 TOs in 30+ minutes.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

DX just updated their mock. Simmons, Ingram, Labisierre, Bender, Brown, Dunn, Murray as #1-#7.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Am I crazy for thinking Devin Thomas will have a shot at getting drafted really late (or certainly coming in as an UDFA) if he keeps playing how he has been? I checked DX and Thomas's PER is 31.1, which is significantly higher than a lot of guys above him in DX's senior rankings, including Kyle Wiltjer, who DX has getting drafted. :iiam:

Don't get me wrong, I could be totally off base, but Wake has a really good NBA pedigree (there are literally six guys from Wake playing pretty sizable minutes in the NBA right now, four of which entered the league in the last six years, the other two being Duncan and Paul which is kind of nuts given the size of the school and the fact that it's like, mid-tier in terms of exposure/hype) and while Devin is sort of small for his position/play style, this season at Wake is showing he might really flourish in small ball lineups, which are becoming increasingly more prevalent. I know Devin and he's an awesome dude so it'd be really cool to see him at the next level. :)

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
He looks really solid. Teams that are looking for a guy without a huge potential boom are in the minority though. A senior that probably won't get a whole lot better than he is right now, but might. I was thinking while watching the Arkansas game, 'I bet this guy can be a 12 yr vet being the 8th man.'

Like a Nick Collison has been for the last 4 years. I love guys getting drafted late and putting in work and succeeding. I'll be.rooting for him come next June. Then again, he may start to get noticed.

Draftnet has him at 57 to OKC. Id really like that and hopefully singler is gone. Nick is getting old.

I think it'll come down to those last 10 teams and whether or not they are looking for euro prospects and possibly stash guys like Neza or seniors who will go to the dleague for a year or two.

ButtWolf fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Dec 6, 2015

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

ButtWolf posted:

He looks really solid. Teams that are looking for a guy without a huge potential boom are in the minority though. A senior that probably won't get a whole lot better than he is right now, but might. I was thinking while watching the Arkansas game, 'I bet this guy can be a 12 yr vet being the 8th man.'

Like a Nick Collison has been for the last 4 years. I love guys getting drafted late and putting in work and succeeding. I'll be.rooting for him come next June. Then again, he may start to get noticed.

Draftnet has him at 57 to OKC. Id really like that and hopefully singler is gone. Nick is getting old.

I think it'll come down to those last 10 teams and whether or not they are looking for euro prospects and possibly stash guys like Neza or seniors who will go to the dleague for a year or two.

Yeah I don't see him as anything more than a solid bench guy at ceiling, but I really think he COULD be that, especially since he's gotten remarkably better every year. I'm hoping Devin can do what L.D. Williams (whom I loved like few others because he basically only ever played D and threw down sick dunks) could not and actually find his way into the league.

L.D. won the D-League dunk contest two years in a row though, which is the superior dunk contest. :hellyeah:

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

ButtWolf posted:

Holy hell Ndiaye is bad. Thats got.to be the worst low post play Ive ever seen. His only move is pivot towards the basket real slow and throw it. I have no doubt i could stop him 80% of the time.

If you aren't 7 feet tall, I think the move would be to just pretend you weren't there.

Dejan Bimble posted:

Richie Farmer used his connections to make it all the way to Agriculture Commissioner in Kentucky. Then he ran for Lt. Governor and ended up going to prison for "violating state campaign finance laws and misappropriating state resources".

tadashi fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Dec 7, 2015

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Huge write up on top 50 dudes or so

http://www.libertyballers.com/2015/12/9/9851978/2016-nba-draft-big-board-installment-2

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
apparently the Spurs are forecast as drafting the next Yi Jianlian so that's rad

or wait, sometimes he's forecast super high or low in the first round. weird.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

TheFallenEvincar posted:

apparently the Spurs are forecast as drafting the next Yi Jianlian so that's rad

or wait, sometimes he's forecast super high or low in the first round. weird.

he's supposed to be a good jump shooter/shot blocker (at least for china) so comparing him to jianlian is a little mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That guy I just posted has him in the top 5.

• Locked thread