Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Sleeveless posted:

I liked when Mystery Inc had an evil zombie ska band.

I keep forgetting about this and it rules so loving hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

X_Toad posted:

I am very fond of Evil Sandwich myself. Something about his voice and the fact that he's so over-the-top yet so small makes him very funny. Also, he's pretty much on point about Hater and Peeper.

I'm also really liking Hater regularly going ballistics on other villains.

Sourdough, the Eeeevil Sandwich! "How are you so bad at this?"
I like that Mandrake is so high up the Villain Leaderboard.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Is Evil Sandwich anything like the Broodwich?

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Y-Hat posted:

Is Evil Sandwich anything like the Broodwich?

No, more of an accident. Evil plans tend to go awry around Wander.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Adult swim lost an hour apparently.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

readingatwork posted:

Just finished the Wakfu OVA. It's pretty good.

My only real gripe is that it relies just a bit too much on it's audience having played the games or read the comics to follow the story. The whole Ogrest thing must have come completely out of left field for people who's only exposure to the universe is the animated series on Netflix.

WAIT WAKFU IS ON NETFLIX??

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
HOLY poo poo IT IS!
I'm so happy right now. I remember when the show first came out I was jumping through hoops to find full episodes on scummy backwater sites and torrents. I'd sorta given up on ever seeing a high quality stream.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Gaunab posted:

And this week CN is using it to show Over the Garden Wall again.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Applewhite posted:

HOLY poo poo IT IS!
I'm so happy right now. I remember when the show first came out I was jumping through hoops to find full episodes on scummy backwater sites and torrents. I'd sorta given up on ever seeing a high quality stream.

Are you unaware that Netflix is funding season 3 as a Netflix original?

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

Neo Helbeast posted:

Are you unaware that Netflix is funding season 3 as a Netflix original?
I didn't know that. The french market is still the primary target, right? I hear that they need the content over there.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Gaunab posted:

Oh no, what will I do without another hour of Seth McFarlane?! Kind of sad that Over the Garden Wall is the new fall season thing and they'll never likely show the Halloween Tree ever again, even on Boomerang.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

As long as this doesn't disrupt my supply of Bob's Burgers. McFarlane power hour can burn in hell.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Jack Gladney posted:

As long as this doesn't disrupt my supply of Bob's Burgers. McFarlane power hour can burn in hell.
Netflix works well for this too.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Jack Gladney posted:

I got some bad news for you pal...

(silver lining is apparently some cable listings say this is a one week deal so I guess we'll see)

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
So, I just watched the Wakfu 3-part OVA thing thing without knowing anything about the series/games, but I guess it was very pretty. Turns out that I was right in thinking that I probably missed a massive chunk and there were a few seasons of the show and I'm not sure if I should watch the show now or not.

The OVA was cool, but I pretty much had to tie everything on my own without a wiki (which is not really difficult; it's French DBZ) and it had Gem and the Hologram villian schemes (or most 80s-90s villians, including the lava pit and the marriage). All conflicts with the exception of the fight scenes and the thing with the dokus were resolved pretty quick and I felt like there were loads of deus ex machina. Some of the characters are genuinely funny though and I really liked watching all the colors on screen.

Also, probably not the right thread for this, but Archer is really funny.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Another good episode of Clarence. Yall should really be watching this show.

CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

forget about ur worries and ur strife
Haven't watched Gumball in close to a year. Turn it on for the first time and they get away with a Larry suicide joke. Great.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
just got a couple days ago all three DVD sets for Gargoyles(since they're all under ten bucks on Amazon), and going through Season 1 now, and man Deadly Force is an exceptionally powerful episode, going through this series for the first time in years is going to be quite fun

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
I churned through it a few years back when it was all up on the tubes. Gargoyles was really ahead of its time. Are most of the later season episodes still in limbo? The DVD order was really cut up from what I can remember.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

kefkafloyd posted:

I churned through it a few years back when it was all up on the tubes. Gargoyles was really ahead of its time. Are most of the later season episodes still in limbo? The DVD order was really cut up from what I can remember.

Seasons 1 & 2 are both fully available on DVD(Season 2 is split into two 26 episode sets), only The Goliath Chronicles(Season 3) isn't available, and well that season is both mostly crap, and outside of the first episode of the season The Journey , it isn't canon, since the creator only worked on that episode before Disney fired him, and if I recall properly he remade that episode as part of the comics they did a couple years ago

And again all three sets are on Amazon for dirt cheap(got all three for less than thirty bucks not counting shipping)

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

drrockso20 posted:

just got a couple days ago all three DVD sets for Gargoyles(since they're all under ten bucks on Amazon), and going through Season 1 now, and man Deadly Force is an exceptionally powerful episode, going through this series for the first time in years is going to be quite fun

I just got the DVDs too. The extras make it sound like there was a lot of mutual competition and dislike between them and the Batman people. The extras talk about them wanting character designs rounder than Bruce Timm's style and that they initially wanted the wings to stay up all the time so they wouldn't look like batman's cape. And they really jerk themselves off about Xanatos being very similar to Bruce Wayne but a way better and more interesting character. Bruce Timm apparently called Gargoyles "silly namby pamby fairy -ale stuff" too.

I'm just watching "Deadly Force" now and man that cat is just stone loving cold. Doesn't even get off the couch after everything that happens.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Marvel is doing another Lego short that is going to be aired on Disney XD soon
http://marvel.com/news/tv/25444/ultron_infects_iron_man_in_new_animated_lego_shorts
Already better than Age of Ultron and Avengers Assemble

eatenmyeyes
Mar 29, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Clockwork Rocktapus posted:

Harvey Beaks is pretty great but much like with Korra, it sounds like they're completely bungling it and generally stepping on Greenblatt's toes.

I think it's working out really well. There's a lot to like about it.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Wander Over Yonder is great. It's weird that this network of villains is sort of taking over the show, but they take the effort to personify each of the villains and give them realistic personalities. Even the black cube of darkness.

Reginaldavid
Sep 30, 2006
beautiful cretin
Hope it's OK to share Kickstarters in here.
Gav Gnatovich has started one for a new pilot of Longhair & Doubledome, a show some of you might remember from the early 2000s when it almost got picked up by CN. Seems like he's really applying himself to this new project and has ambitious plans.
I'm a fan of Gnatovich and wanted to share this, since he's a talented & committed animation director with a style all his own; he clearly enjoys his work but has never gotten his big break yet. In his "Risks & Challenges" section, he sounds pretty pumped about developing new techniques & approaches that'd be sustainable for a series, and that'd be cool to see.
Make of it what you will; he's set a high funding goal, but I personally hope things work out for this guy.

Edit: For those who haven't heard of this guy, his youtube page has his older animations, the best 2 being this one and this one. They're both pretty experimental but pretty ace.

Reginaldavid fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Nov 23, 2015

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
They're doing a new Hey Arnold movie, and Nick will be reviving more of its classic shows. They're actually going to resolve the cliffhanger from the end of the series:

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/hey-arnold-tv-movie-nickelodeon-reviving-shows-1201646666/

quote:

The Viacom-owned kids’ outlet is developing a new TV movie based on “Hey Arnold!,” the animated series that ran between 1996 and 2004 and focused on a fourth-grader with an oblong noggin who lived with his grandparents in a boarding house. The TV movie will feature a storyline that picks up where the original series ended and resolves unanswered plotlines–including the whereabouts of Arnold’s parents, long missing from the program. Executives at the network declined to offer a specific date for when the new content might be ready or air.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Corek posted:

They're doing a new Hey Arnold movie, and Nick will be reviving more of its classic shows. They're actually going to resolve the cliffhanger from the end of the series:

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/hey-arnold-tv-movie-nickelodeon-reviving-shows-1201646666/

There is no way this is going to live up to expectations after all of these years, but then it's still nice to see how things close out. Also, there's the big elephant in the room of the original movie, I don't particularly remember that one fondly.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Corek posted:

Craig Mactavish is involved with it, so it might be something to look forward to.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
It's weird how grandma got ran over by a reindeer has become some sort of holiday thing.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Jack Gladney posted:

I just got the DVDs too. The extras make it sound like there was a lot of mutual competition and dislike between them and the Batman people. The extras talk about them wanting character designs rounder than Bruce Timm's style and that they initially wanted the wings to stay up all the time so they wouldn't look like batman's cape. And they really jerk themselves off about Xanatos being very similar to Bruce Wayne but a way better and more interesting character. Bruce Timm apparently called Gargoyles "silly namby pamby fairy -ale stuff" too.

I'm just watching "Deadly Force" now and man that cat is just stone loving cold. Doesn't even get off the couch after everything that happens.

Sucks to hear Timm didn't like Gargoyles. Sure, the series went to crap in the last season, but it was a great show up until that point. I can't think of many other shows at the time that were as dark as Batman: TAS, aside from the first few seasons of X-men and Mighty Max, I guess.

edit: Oh! And Pirates of Dark Water.

Mr Interweb fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Nov 25, 2015

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Gargoyles actually had, like, meaningful continuity.

My kidbrain was blown to bits when they actually went into Owen's background.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

FilthyImp posted:

Gargoyles actually had, like, meaningful continuity.

My kidbrain was blown to bits when they actually went into Owen's background.

Yeah it was pretty great, although the whole thing with Oberon's Children was kinda weird

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gaunab posted:

It's weird how grandma got ran over by a reindeer has become some sort of holiday thing.

That sue the pants off of Santa song is extremely fire

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I liked the first episode of Long Live the Royals. It won me over with the painting "enhance" scene where they kept bringing in larger close up paintings. Also the introduction of The Dandies was suitably 80s gang.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
Seems like this should have played before thanksgiving but it has my interest.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
http://toonami.tumblr.com/post/134405148218/adult-swim-is-excited-to-announce-that-jack-is

Jack's back.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
I wonder who will voice Aku now that Mako passed away?

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
If they do what Avatar did, they'll cast Greg Baldwin, who was Mako's Broadway understudy. I hope they don't, as I never really cared for him as Iroh.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

I'm so happy. This is the only property I actually wanted to come back in this age of strange revivals but even then I didn't bother hoping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS