Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Some new RE0 remaster screenshots for Wesker Mode. Also, it seems Rebecca is getting a couple more alternate outfits.
http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/150/1150556/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Oh, huh. Not that surprised about them using the beta footage outfit, but was not expecting them to reference an Easter egg like that.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Wesker better have some fashionable alt outfits too c'mon

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Man, the shooting gallery sidequest in Resident Evil 4 has not aged well at all.

I just finished getting all of the bottle cap...toy figurine..things, and I never want to do that again. Leon not being able aim straight very easily (As in, the straight center of the screen) works fine as his sole weakness for the rest of the game considering how overpowered he is for a survival horror protagonist, but actually having to be super accurate in this game is a bitch.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Going through REmastered on Real Survival, Knife-only, and Jill is certainly an experience. I was expecting the Crypt Crimson to be tough, and he was, but it's made considerably easier by realizing the only safe time to attack him is when he does his swipe attack.

Yawn I would have to say is my least favorite part of the experience so far. Takes like 40 swipes to kill and it's so slow. I'm finding the mansion revisited -> caves part really tough, because Hunters are basically invincible without weapons to use, and they're so fast. At the very least, this time through the game has made me appreciate the humble Knife more, though most of the game I wish I was playing as Chris, because his Knife skills are vastly superior. It was mostly a matter of Chris having to deal with Plant 42 at all that I decided to go with Jill.

Now that I'm in the caves, the only part of the game I'm particularly worried about is Tyrant 1. At least I can run away from Tyrant 2 and just keep his attention when he starts going after Chris / Barry.

Toxsyl
Sep 23, 2012

Somewhere along the line Jill lost a chromosome.

But she kept dat ass.

Sylphid posted:

Going through REmastered on Real Survival, Knife-only, and Jill is certainly an experience. I was expecting the Crypt Crimson to be tough, and he was, but it's made considerably easier by realizing the only safe time to attack him is when he does his swipe attack.

Yawn I would have to say is my least favorite part of the experience so far. Takes like 40 swipes to kill and it's so slow. I'm finding the mansion revisited -> caves part really tough, because Hunters are basically invincible without weapons to use, and they're so fast. At the very least, this time through the game has made me appreciate the humble Knife more, though most of the game I wish I was playing as Chris, because his Knife skills are vastly superior. It was mostly a matter of Chris having to deal with Plant 42 at all that I decided to go with Jill.

Now that I'm in the caves, the only part of the game I'm particularly worried about is Tyrant 1. At least I can run away from Tyrant 2 and just keep his attention when he starts going after Chris / Barry.

You can't do knife only Jill if Barry lives. If Barry lives you have to fight tyrant 2 and it only ends when you use the rocket launcher. Keep in mind you can't use head stomps or defensive items.

Tyrant 1 can be cheesed in knife only by corner stabbing him. Every time he tries to walk around and turn a corner you can get some hits in.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Toxsyl posted:

You can't do knife only Jill if Barry lives. If Barry lives you have to fight tyrant 2 and it only ends when you use the rocket launcher. Keep in mind you can't use head stomps or defensive items.

Tyrant 1 can be cheesed in knife only by corner stabbing him. Every time he tries to walk around and turn a corner you can get some hits in.

I'm aware you can't use defensive items or stomping heads, but neither has been a thing I've done, but I thought an exception was made for the end-game rocket launcher?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

It's still easier to just skip Tyrant 2 altogether.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
A fair point, but I messed up my last playthrough when I gave Barry his gun back and Lisa killed him, thus preventing me from getting the trophy for saving both Chris and Barry (I was also doing a no save run). My plan is this time to save both of them, then next Jill playthrough, I rescue nobody and complete under 3 hours for the Infinite Launcher and getting Barry's gun for Starsenal.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Huh...I never even knew Lisa could kill Barry.

Good luck with your Trophy hunting then. I just barely made the 3 hour speedrun myself with a time like 2:57:30.

Toxsyl
Sep 23, 2012

Somewhere along the line Jill lost a chromosome.

But she kept dat ass.
The best trick for the Lisa fight/puzzle is to avoid Lisa but shoot her when she is close to Barry to change her aggression.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Well, knife fighting Tyrant was tricky but Tyrant 2 was much, much easier than I thought he would be. Outside of that charging attack he's not even really that much more mobile, and you have a way more open space to fight him. Not that you even really need to fight him when Barry Burton and his handcannon did like 99% of the damage inflicted against him (thought I found out you the player actually need to hit him before Brad throws down the rocket launcher). I even did it on my first try, thus proving Jill doing a Knife-only run is considerably easier than Chris.

In a knife run, I would say Crypt Crimson followed by Tyrant 1 is the hardest boss. Plant 42 I don't dare try but hats off to those who did it. Yawn is just really boring. Also just beat the game in 1 hour 56 minutes as Jill, which is way faster than I thought I could do it. Now I just have Invisible Enemies and that's 10 Platinums this year.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Come to think of it, most of my trouble in my knife run came as playing as Chris and having to fight Plant 42. Probably my least favorite boss in the game because of it.

Nice runtime. Invisible enemies is pretty easy, so you're looking at a quick Platinum here.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The best I ever got at RE games was being able to beat Resi 2 well enough to get all the secrets, the concept of being able to do a knife only run or invisible enemies being easy is just... I don't..

:negative:

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Sakurazuka posted:

The best I ever got at RE games was being able to beat Resi 2 well enough to get all the secrets, the concept of being able to do a knife only run or invisible enemies being easy is just... I don't..

I never played RE2, but it's actually fairly easy in REmake since you only have to kill like, seven enemies in a Knife only run. You just run past everything else, don't kill any normal zombies to prevent Crimson Heads from spawning, and once the Hunters kill the zombies off you're on the home stretch since they're easier to deal with anyways. The only real problem is bosses, and there aren't very many of those... I just think of it like playing a stealth game like MGS1 or something.

Invisible enemies is even easier if you have the Infinite Rocket launcher lol.

EDIT: Come to think of it I can't even remember if you can use to Infinite Rocket Launcher or not in Invisible Enemy. Oh well, you have like a billion grenades anyways so it's not much difference.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Nov 10, 2015

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I guess that would make it easier :v:

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Knife runs aren't that bad if you're playing on one of the lower difficulties or normal. Actually knifing enemies is a nightmare, but you can just act like you're speedrunning and blow past everything. I recommend playing as Chris – the only wrinkle is Plant 42. Even if you suck at dodging, there's more than enough health items on normal and below to just tank the hits as long as you have a good route.

Invisible enemy is pretty much the same. Obviously it would be difficult if you were trying to kill all the zombies (have fun with invisible crimsons!) but that's pointless. You just shoot in their general direction and it usually works, minus a few wasted shots. Bosses are never too hard to find, and the regular enemies are all pretty much in tight hallways anyway – it's not like playing Halo or something.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Raxivace posted:

EDIT: Come to think of it I can't even remember if you can use to Infinite Rocket Launcher or not in Invisible Enemy. Oh well, you have like a billion grenades anyways so it's not much difference.

You can't. No special weapons allowed. I'm playing it on Hard now because I'm a man like that but it can be pretty tense not knowing exactly what direction your enemies are approaching you from, or some dope zombie that's just standing there that you run right into. Also fighting invisible dogs is really dumb-looking. At least there's no invisible Forrest.

Hunters are pretty terrible but there's a few tricks to minimize encounters with them. The only place I have consistent trouble avoiding them is that stairwell on the east side of the mansion. Hunter outside the storeroom and one on the stairs. I've managed to get by both of them without getting hit or firing a shot, but you have to count on their AI cooperating. Much easier said than done. The only big problem with them is their insta-kill attack, which I believe they can spring on you at any health on Hard. Comes out really quickly, too.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

So they're doing doing another "Infect the city!" campaign this year for RE0 HD. You could potentially win prizes and stuff.

http://game.capcom.com/campaign/bio0hd-re/en/

On a side note I finished my RE4 HD playthrough finally. Game still holds up overall, though I wonder if the whole island section made the game just a bit too long. Also I died more at the ending ski boat thing at the than anything else in this game, jesus christ.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Nov 14, 2015

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Awww, I only got the lame zombie infection :(

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

I wanted the elephant from Outbreak file 2 infection. :colbert:

Pb and Jellyfish
Oct 30, 2011
So I just beat gauntlet 8 in revelations 2, on normal, and the achievement (or medal, or whatever) popped up saying I could upgrade my toolbox to rank 3. For some reason though, it won't let me upgrade it, it still has the lock symbol. I have more than enough dosh, and I do own all the episodes and bonus episodes. What gives?

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
I'm a Zombie Construction Worker, who got infected at the Clock Tower. I'm probably one of those lame zombies that got killed by spiders or something.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Whoooooo's ready for a Resident Evil 6 HD remaster?!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I wonder if they'll actually make adjustments to it. It would be a good chance to do so but :effort:

I can't even really say "it isn't likely" considering DMC4 and DmC

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

I'm not strictly sure how they'd adjust the game since RE 6's biggest problems are that the level design fails to capitalize on the game mechanics which are themselves solid. Well that and the lack of a proper tutorial to teach you the mechanics so everyone just tries to play it like RE 4 and 5 and end up frustrated.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
They could remove most of the QTEs imho... Boom instantly a better game.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Mogomra posted:

You can do that on the PC version and it's an enormous improvement.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

Convex posted:

What? Really? I have the PC version, and I don't remember that. I could just be stupid though.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Mogomra posted:

Convex posted:

You can do that in the console version too I believe, it was something patched in for consoles though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyxV_RRW4-I

It basically makes it so you don't instant die when you fail QTEs.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Long as it has the PC version No Mercy merc mode I'm cool with it.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
The first comment on that article probably has the right of it; they're test-driving the MT Framework engine on next-generation consoles.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some balance/gameplay tweaks, and yeah, the No Mercy mode from PC with a new map or two could be fun. It'd be sort of hilarious if they imported and upscaled some of the Revelations 2 maps.

citizenlowell
Sep 25, 2003

ignore alien orders

I just hope it gets bundled with all the DLC multiplayer modes so that there's actually a user base for them. Anyway, super excited to punch stuff as Jake on PS4.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

I'm surprised they are referencing the basketball outfit, that wasn't exactly obvious to find.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

the prototype outfit makes her look like Claire, do a double take almost every time I look at it.

Also, was RE0 actually that popular? I mean maybe it's just me but it sure feels like there is a lot of promotional work and goodies getting put into it that didn't really happen for HD REmake

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Aces High posted:

Also, was RE0 actually that popular? I mean maybe it's just me but it sure feels like there is a lot of promotional work and goodies getting put into it that didn't really happen for HD REmake

I'd bet the assets are easier for them to adjust, plus they have the proven fact that the remasters can sell. Also REmake probably was more sellable on its own merits while RE0 benefits from extra features to push people over.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Yeah I think unlike REmake where they only had some of the original assets, they either still have or are willing to recreate the RE0 assets from scratch. The screenshots look properly updated, instead of having weird filters over the game like REmake HD did. To be honest, RE0 was kind of boring to me, not a bad game but just one that is kind of forgettable but I'm looking forward to this HD remaster precisely because of the amount of effort and new features they're putting into it. I mean, REmake HD was successful enough to not only get RE0 greenlit with a higher budget, but work starting on a RE 2 remake as well.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm only going to buy 0 if they put item boxes back in

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm only going to buy 0 if they put item boxes back in

gently caress you, carry this grappling hook around with you forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

I really want them to put crimson heads in, but I doubt that will happen.