Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Has there been anything on the Resi 2 remake other than Capcom saying 'We're doing one'?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Mogomra posted:

I really want them to put crimson heads in, but I doubt that will happen.

But enough about your knob.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Southern Heel posted:

If anyone is interested in playing thru RE5 on PC via co-op, I'd be much obliged - I've read it's much better with a human partner than AI and I'm sure there can't be much of a market of drop-in co-op at this late stage of the game! My steam profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/eyherst

Can you cross play between steam and origin?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I unironically would be. The game absolutely has issues, but I just loved the scope and variety in the game. Also the store feels like someone snorted a pile of coke before writing it. It was fun though once you got the hang of it.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I would be up for not paying full price for an RE6 re-release, if it has some new content. The PC version looks nice enough to me as it is though that it'd need something more than just graphical polish to be worth buying at all, though. Maybe having all the DLC gamemodes as base features so that they aren't ghost towns would help!

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Wanderer posted:

Marhawa Desire is fairly dumb overall, but it's at its most effective when it's dealing exclusively with events at the school, before Chris is involved, when the most physically formidable person in play is a groundskeeper. There are some genuinely creepy moments here and there.

actually the best part of that is chris punching bows like it aint poo poo.
that's also the best of every RE game from 5 and beyond

if there's a RE6 re-release w/ additional content i hope they put in RE5 chris in the game with maximum punching action

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I'm playing RE4 again but on *PROFESSIONAL*, while everything is still kind of fresh in my mind.

And wow, it actually feels like a survival horror game now, though I'm still in Chapter 1. Will Leon still get super overpowered in late game? Or are the enemies going to become super bullet sponges?

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Raxivace posted:

I'm playing RE4 again but on *PROFESSIONAL*, while everything is still kind of fresh in my mind.

And wow, it actually feels like a survival horror game now, though I'm still in Chapter 1. Will Leon still get super overpowered in late game? Or are the enemies going to become super bullet sponges?

Enemies have only slightly more health (like a basic ganado might take just 1 or 2 more bullets); the main draw is their increased damage and aggressiveness. The HP boost is only really noticeable on the bosses, namely Saddler and U3. I think ammo is slightly rarer and the QTEs are harder, too.

e: also, the armored vest isn't available until NG+

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
Does anyone have info in that stage play from back in October? A plot summary or anything?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

How good is Resident Evil HD Remaster on Steam? I'm interested if it's a bad port or is decent enough like RE4 Remaster also, is the DLC for RE5 worth it? I might go in a Resident Evil rampage during this christmas sale.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

The port is perfect, it runs great.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

DanielCross posted:

Does anyone have info in that stage play from back in October? A plot summary or anything?

Reportedly a recorded performance will be available on DVD with subtitles early next year. Nobody seems to have translated the script or anything just yet.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Guillermus posted:

How good is Resident Evil HD Remaster on Steam? I'm interested if it's a bad port or is decent enough like RE4 Remaster also, is the DLC for RE5 worth it? I might go in a Resident Evil rampage during this christmas sale.

It is the best version of the game. I've played through it 4 times and never had any technical issues nor have I heard of anyone else having issues with it.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
It does have messed up music, alongside some performance issues on lower spec hardware. Although there are mods that fix both of them.

Also, there's this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sdp28ve-6Aw

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

REmake HD might be the best HD port ever made. Only BluePoint's work on Team ICO and MGS comes close.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Since there building Resident Evil 2 from the ground up will it lean more towards REmake or FInal Fantasy 7 Remake? I havn't played Revalations but does that gameplay style work with 2?

Game could actually be really good if they put a lot of work into it. Polish up the old masterpiece

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

It'll probably be like REmake. FF7R was explicitly laid out as "this thing is too big to make in one go" so they have to do it episodic but RE2 is something you can beat really quickly.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
I wouldn't be at all surprised if it's pretty close to RE 4, 5, or 6, and not at all like the REmake.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I'm really excited for RE2make because I will love it whether it's the classic gameplay refined and iterated on a bit, or Leon S Kennedy Punches Everyone.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Geight posted:

I'm really excited for RE2make because I will love it whether it's the classic gameplay refined and iterated on a bit, or Leon S Kennedy Punches Everyone.

I believe you mean Leon S Kennedy Kicks and/or Suplexes Everyone.

On that note, RE4 Professional is kicking my rear end. Kind of wish I could just skip most of the QTEs and boss fights.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
This is before Leon received his training montage, so you'll be lucky to get a very enthusiastic pistol-whip out of Leon. I think at this point in the timeline, Claire technically has more combat training than he does, and that's just because Chris taught her a few things.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I kinda like the idea of a modern-style RE where your character simply isn't capable of all those superhuman acts of martial arts, but still attempts them.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Wanderer posted:

This is before Leon received his training montage, so you'll be lucky to get a very enthusiastic pistol-whip out of Leon. I think at this point in the timeline, Claire technically has more combat training than he does, and that's just because Chris taught her a few things.

Unless its ORC Leon, then he's a fully trained bad-rear end capable of head shotting you instantly and murdering trained commandos effortlessly in melee range.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
Circa RE2, Leon's melee attacks should consist entirely of crashing vehicles into enemies.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I suspect it'd be closer in style to Revelations than anything. You can melee but it's just a real good kick and not brawler-disguised-as-a-shooter.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

In It For The Tank posted:

Circa RE2, Leon's melee attacks should consist entirely of crashing vehicles into enemies.

Really, his driving skills have never improved. He's just flat out bad luck when he's in a vehicle. Like at all. Even if he's in the back seat, it's still probably doomed.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

so I bit the bullet on RE6 for £5 and this is the most insane game ever made. I love it. It's awful.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Mogomra posted:

Really, his driving skills have never improved. He's just flat out bad luck when he's in a vehicle. Like at all. Even if he's in the back seat, it's still probably doomed.

I mean, he did okay with a wave runner. Maybe he just needs to join the Coast Guard.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

so I bit the bullet on RE6 for £5 and this is the most insane game ever made. I love it. It's awful.

I hope you're playing it co-op because that's really the only way to play it

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

In my short experience with Resident Evil games (5 then 6, now playing 4 and will play Revelations 1 afterwards) with about 1-2 hours of gameplay of RE1/2 on the PS1 back in the days, RE6 is an insane but drat fun game. Once you figure that diving and kicking stuff is so effective you just can't stop.

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

Seems like the whole reason "REmake 2" is being made is due to the success of REmake remaster. It kind of follows that they would make it in the same style. I would find it very odd if they deviated from it but this is Capcom so who knows.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Mogomra posted:

I got a good laugh of him immediately crashing the car in the beginning part of RE6. The line delivery was perfect - just so dead-pan as if he knew this was going to happen but had to feign surprise as not to raise suspicion.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

ApexAftermath posted:

but this is Capcom so who knows.

Exactly, it could totally go either way. The anticipation.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

That pretty much sums up RE6 perfectly. It's a game that admits to being completely and utterly retarded and just has fun with it. If you're looking for something more, you're gonna be disappointed; if you accept it for what it is, it's a blast.

Just make sure you go into your settings and turn off quicktime events, because the game is at least 30% better without them.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Holy poo poo, I never noticed that there was a QTE switch on settings... :suicide:

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Jimbot posted:

I got a good laugh of him immediately crashing the car in the beginning part of RE6. The line delivery was perfect - just so dead-pan as if he knew this was going to happen but had to feign surprise as not to raise suspicion.

Leon understands drat well that the vehicle sections were garbage and was having none of it.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Guillermus posted:

Holy poo poo, I never noticed that there was a QTE switch on settings... :suicide:

It wasen't there originally, i believe they added it in at the same time they made Ada's campaign opened from the start and co-op.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

By Jove, goons I've done it! I've completed Resident Evil 4 on Professional! Granted it was with Ashley's invincible armor, but still!

Game is still great, though after playing it twice back to back...I still can't help but feel it is slightly too long, but I'm not sure what I'd have cut from the game. My gut says Salazar's section is perhaps what drags it down slightly, but I kind of like the detour to Castlevania on its own. I'm not really big on the Island section as a locale (Also Mike is worthless on Professional, jesus christ), but the level design itself seems solid. Not quite sure what it is that's bothering me here.

EDIT: Also, for the record the hardest part by far was defending the house with Luis, and then well after that is the elevator ride in the tower on the way to Salazar. And the latter was only really hard because I ran out of most of my ammo and items beforehand.

Moving on to Resident Evil 5 now... Very excited to revisit this game.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Dec 28, 2015

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
I love RE4 to death but you could cut Chapter 4-2 (the mines and the Novistador cave) and 4-3 (the mine cart ride) without losing anything of worth (except some indication about how Los Plagas were revived). Chapter 3-1 (entering the castle, blowing up the gate, meeting Salazar, Garrador fight, Waterhall) could also be split into two because it is a bit of a slog to do it all at once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I wish that RE4 ended at the castle, I think that the island section is generally crap. Put the regenerators earlier and there's nothing else worth saving.