Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Bootcha posted:

Chicago Ex-Pat Texan Chili for Thanksgiving

Center Cut Bacon to taste (Squared)
1.25 lbs of Ground Chuck
1 Yellow Onion (Chopped)
1 Green Bell Pepper (Chopped)
2 Cloves of Garlic (Diced)
1 Can of Dark Red Kidney Beans
1 Can of Tomato Sauce
1 Can of Diced Tomato
1 Tablespoon of Tomato Paste
3 Teaspoons of Chili Powder
1/2 Teaspoon of Cayenne
Dash of Paparika
Dash of Cumin Ground
Dashes of Chulola Sauce
Dashes of Oregeno
Salt and Pepper to taste

Cook Bacon
Add Chuck, Onion, Garlic to Bacon and Bacon Fat
Wait for Onions to turn translucent-ish
Add Bell Pepper, Tomatoes
Add Kidney Beans WITH bean juice from same can, do not strain
Add spices

Usually, the beans are drained, but we discovered accidentally that the bacon fat and bean juice complement each other quite nicely.

It works best if you add the meat, onion, and garlic when the bacon is not quite done. Then you brown the meat, add everything else, bring to a boil, and simmer uncovered about twenty minutes or until the vegetables are cooked and the chili reaches the desired consistency.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Oh, Hiss! You've hissed your last!

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Nicholas posted:

Pièce De Résistance

you absolutely CANNOT make a proper space sim with out a $2500 nickle plated TV Easel

https://www.restorationhardware.com/catalog/product/product.jsp?productId=prod690285&categoryId=cat1536029

I'm disappointed with how many times this was quoted without comment on the weed pipe and shot glass on croberts desk. I would have thought they'd have edited that out by now. Can't wait till he forgets to put the coke away.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

MilesK posted:

I'm disappointed with how many times this was quoted without comment on the weed pipe and shot glass on croberts desk. I would have thought they'd have edited that out by now. Can't wait till he forgets to put the coke away.

I'm afraid it's just a model aircraft.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Okay there is something seriously wrong with this whole RH situation. There's probably at least $5,000 worth of loving FURNITURE in that picture. How the hell is that justified? Not to mention the pipe just chilling out.

Derek, what is going on with the crazy furniture?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

MilesK posted:

lol no loving way

it is!

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
on this thanksgiving, i am thankful for this thread

and derek smart

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

MilesK posted:

It's subtler than flipping a double bird to the camera while lighting said pipe with a stack of hundred dollar bills.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Chalks posted:

besides im sure he has some artisinal hand crafted crack pipe half broken glass lightbulb that costs $7000

and pays a hobo to light it for him

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Nov 26, 2015

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Chalks posted:

Anyone have a picture of it?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Thread is good again.

Happy whatever-it-is-you-people-are-celebrating

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Omi-Polari posted:

on this thanksgiving, i am thankful for this thread

and derek smart

Oh God FINE.

:effort:

:sigh:

:braces self:

I am thankful for having a roof over my head, for having a job, for having a car that works (thanks Bootcha), for being reasonably healthy and sane (depending on who you ask), and, above all, for Bootcha. I'm also thankful that I'm willing to be a complete bitch at times on his behalf.

gently caress off, Karl.

fuzzknot fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Nov 26, 2015

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Wuxi posted:

Thread is good again.

Happy whatever-it-is-you-people-are-celebrating

I'm not sure. We were supposed to be celebrating a version of the holiday like the picture on the box. It didn't quite work out like that. Whatever. It tasted delicious.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

toanoradian posted:

I wonder how bad a game this thread will compare Star Citizen to until we reach the point of "Actually, Star Citizen is better."

:ssh:

bumbles
Nov 26, 2015

by Lowtax
Hey, the jpegs are cheap!

$320 Doesn't even buy a phone without a plan, and they make tens of thousands of them of the same model.

I bet all the sales of some of these ships don't even cover the cost of developing even using all the short cuts they already have. The bulk of money for the really expensive ships probably comes from the majority of basic package purchases.

If the price was decided after it was built, based on the actual cost to produce divided by the sales, I bet your ship would run closer to $1000 bucks

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

fuzzknot posted:

You might want to withhold judgment on that till you see the rest of the (apparently irradiated) cupcakes.

Nailed it.

RuckusRouser
Sep 28, 2015

Theres a lot of close ups of landing gear

In case anyone else still had any doubts as to how utterly sad "the faithful" are:
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3ub73v/omg_1st_time_ive_ever_used_that_acronym/

quote:

OMG... 1st time I've ever used that acronym

But that is all I can say after spending an hour in the 'Verse. My mouth is still hanging open and my jaw is still on the ground. And it's not about the things I saw or did. It's about the feeling, that feeling I have been dreaming about for 3 years. I'll be taking that feeling to bed with me shortly, and I will lay there reliving the experience as I drift off to sleep.

You ask me to describe the feeling? The only thing I've experienced that comes close is afterglow. It is as close to that first time I had sex those many years ago. I couldn't describe that feeling then to anyone either.

All I can say for those who don't have access yet is, "It's worth the wait."

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Ragequit posted:

Nailed it.

Yep. I don't know why the gently caress I thought my attempts at cookie/cupcake decorating would somehow turn out differently just because I had a kit this time.

gently caress it. These cupcakes represent the average American dysfunctional family around the holidays. They resemble the picture on the box exactly as much as the average American family resembles a goddam Hallmark commercial. It's PERFECT.

Whatever. Nobody has ever done that EVER.

edit: Oh dear God the candy eyes are staring at me from inside the box I'm never making these again.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

fuctifino posted:

Derek, they took down the tinypic as well. lol

http://oi67.tinypic.com/2vb4gh1.jpg

He went for their jpegs, so they went for his

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

MilesK posted:

Anyone have a picture of it?

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

RuckusRouser posted:

In case anyone else still had any doubts as to how utterly sad "the faithful" are:
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3ub73v/omg_1st_time_ive_ever_used_that_acronym/

This is the most pathetic thing I have read in recent memory. Imagine getting this over what amounts to a tech demo with massive amounts of work still to be done.

Crash74
May 11, 2009

fuzzknot posted:

Yep. I don't know why the gently caress I thought my attempts at cookie/cupcake decorating would somehow turn out differently just because I had a kit this time.

gently caress it. These cupcakes represent the average American dysfunctional family around the holidays. They resemble the picture on the box exactly as much as the average American family resembles a goddam Hallmark commercial. It's PERFECT.

Whatever. Nobody has ever done that EVER.

edit: Oh dear God the candy eyes are staring at me from inside the box I'm never making these again.

how many did you gently caress up?

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Crash74 posted:

how many did you gently caress up?

Oh, that was all of them except the equally-unphotogenic one I ate before Bootcha took the picture. Granted, we didn't make nearly enough icing, but it's not like that would have made a difference considering the total lack of effort in lining the eyes up neatly and then insisting on using ALL the eyes even though we had extras. But at least they still tasted fantastic.

Crash74
May 11, 2009

fuzzknot posted:

Oh, that was all of them except the equally-unphotogenic one I ate before Bootcha took the picture. Granted, we didn't make nearly enough icing, but it's not like that would have made a difference considering the total lack of effort in lining the eyes up neatly and then insisting on using ALL the eyes even though we had extras. But at least they still tasted fantastic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP0shgq65F4&list=PLD7DD9B432E1C1AE3&index=25

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

drat semantics! *throws an internet fit* How bout a name? I just wanna fly around in a bowl shaped aircraft :(

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Lmao that sure as gently caress isn't a model airplane. This aint Grandma's Boy.

Crash74
May 11, 2009
3000 dollar limited edition airplane shaped crack pipe

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

I doubt very much I could even get a cake to look that good before ruining it. I usually have better luck with cupcakes since there's less surface area to ruin. The Black Forest cupcakes I made for Bootcha's birthday were gorgeous, but of course I can't find a photo of them. Here's a photo of a plain cupcake instead as proof I can kind of decorate cupcakes sometimes.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

You get a better close-up of his desk at the end of the video. As much as I wanted it to be a weed pipe, it appears to be a model aircraft.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

Remember they once called it "Scam Citizen" and they were forced to retract it?

That was PcPowerplay (whatever that is) not PC Gamer.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

There's so much in this post but I think my favorite part was the freudian slip of everyone getting capitalized names except the female. :ferengi:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

fuctifino posted:

You get a better close-up of his desk at the end of the video. As much as I wanted it to be a weed pipe, it appears to be a model aircraft.

That really doesn't answer why he has a shot glass there.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
^^^^
To drink? To be fair, every CIG dev gets alcohol. Considering the amounts of free spirit they are getting each month.

fuctifino posted:

This looks like an expensive model aircraft. Made out of steel?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufY6jwan76I

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

D_Smart posted:

Remember they once called it "Scam Citizen" and they were forced to retract it?

I didn't catch the dig at SC in the left hand column until just now.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

fuctifino posted:

Oh. I see it now. Well, there goes my sympathy for the delays/crazy dreams. :smith:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Young Freud posted:

That really doesn't answer why he has a shot glass there.

At my job, we used to be allowed to have a shot or two of horrible, horrible Fireball on slow Friday afternoons. Then a couple of the others took advantage of it and started doing it all the time and now we aren't allowed to anymore (thanks).

Also, my dad used to work at a place where they'd have a beer on Friday afternoons, but then their insurance told them to stop.

So it COULD happen, but . . . really? Leaving it out on your desk when the cameras are on? Even my lovely job would never allow that.

Whatever. A shot glass on camera is the LEAST of their worries. I'd be cool with them having a shot on Friday afternoons or special occasions or something IF there weren't employee abuse and expensive vacations and fancy cars/houses and trying to break into the movie industry when you're SUPPOSED to be making a goddam video game.

gently caress you, Chris and Sandi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Misren
Nov 30, 2014

First the doctor told me the good news: I was going to have a disease named after me.
Dear Lord Croberts, we are thankful for 2.0 and all the new jpegs. We hoep to see knew jpegs soon and hope to see Star Ziticen go gold come monday morning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUCUsNx1HTs

• Locked thread