Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

MilesK posted:

Oh. I see it now. Well, there goes my sympathy for the delays/crazy dreams. :smith:

The only reason I knew what it was is because this thread has had the exact same conversation about the exact same object in a previous video several months ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

The ultimate Gaming experience. 1 million star citizens!

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Chalks posted:

The only reason I knew what it was is because this thread has had the exact same conversation about the exact same object in a previous video several months ago.

I brought it up months ago on Derek's blog, closest thing I got to an answer was being called a liar and horrible person. White knights. Sheesh.

Edit: I just wanna take the time to thank everyone who posts in this thread. This is by far the least depressing place to watch this potential massive train wreck. It's unlikely I will ever post outside this thread. Enjoy my :10bux: SA, I barely understand what you are.

MilesK fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Nov 26, 2015

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip
Oh, I don't think I ever said:

I LOVE this thread's title.

:D

THAT'S what I'm thankful for.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Michaellaneous posted:

still doing better than halo 5!

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

still doing better than halo 5!

:drat:

Crash74
May 11, 2009

Michaellaneous posted:

I stand by my statement that farming simulator will most likely always be a better game than star citizen.

Also fuzzknot the cupcakes look pretty tasty you are making be want to bake something.

Crash74 fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Nov 26, 2015

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
gently caress me. An orbital Elevator. Well in Space Engineers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFNYlMiwh1I

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
I am thankful for Derek Smart, who kept me from spending money on this farce (which I then spent on Elite Dangerous, so you can't win them all).

Crash74
May 11, 2009
yea but that's not a made up thing

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Crash74 posted:

Also fuzzknot the cupcakes look pretty tasty you are making be want to bake something.

:D It's Thanksgiving, after all. Let's use it to celebrate something other than genocide and failed video games! :thumbsup:

Crash74
May 11, 2009

fuzzknot posted:

:D It's Thanksgiving, after all. Let's use it to celebrate something other than genocide and failed video games! :thumbsup:

aww do we have too, i like those things

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

:eyepop:

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Fine. We can celebrate that, too.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

fuzzknot posted:

But genocide and failed vidya are my main sources of entertainment at the mo

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
On this thanksgiving I'd like to give thanks and celebrate the good health of everyone who posts in this thread apart from Karl

Crash74
May 11, 2009
yea gently caress u karl

bumbles
Nov 26, 2015

by Lowtax

peter gabriel posted:

On this thanksgiving I'd like to give thanks and celebrate the good health of everyone who posts in this thread apart from Karl

Maybe Karl's getting plucked and stuffed as we speak :marc:

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
Karl why are you so poo poo

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

peter gabriel posted:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

1000 sold, a lot of people will have melted and bought with credit though.

Difficult to predict but I don't think they'll sell all 5000 before 1st of December.

Karl has gone very quiet, he's possibly using a new twitter and reddit account, I'll spot you Karl don't mention Auditing that's a dead giveaway.

RuckusRouser
Sep 28, 2015

Theres a lot of close ups of landing gear

peter gabriel posted:

Even Seraph?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

AP posted:

Difficult to predict but I don't think they'll sell all 5000 before 1st of December.

Karl has gone very quiet, he's possibly using a new twitter and reddit account, I'll spot you Karl don't mention Auditing that's a dead giveaway.

Part of what's limiting their numbers is they aren't letting people upgrade to it with LTI apparently.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
My brothers friends uncles half sister was at a music therapy group that Chris 'imperium' Roberts attended and when some careless individual let out a solid paaaarrrp. Citizen a lashed out at the group and was put in a headlock by a 52 year old yoga teacher.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Sarsapariller posted:

There's no way to navigate for Quantum travel except by known reference points- you move too fast and everything's too blurred for you to be able to, say, supercruise around a system like you would in Elite.

First off, nice post. Second, there's a video where a guy travels via quantum and a bug causes his camera to be left behind where you end up seeing the ship literally disappear. Then, only when it reappears does the camera reset back into place. My understanding from that video is that you're not actually travelling fast, you're sort of just teleporting with a minor loading screen in between.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYmcXKcwXnI

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

I can't even....'Why yes, I would like to do the most unbelievably mundane poo poo when nearly every single person has a ship and this whole thing is pointless.' Like even if it is NPCs, how is this not the most boring poo poo imaginable? Not to mention the legion of griefers who would happy shoot down your space airline by declaring space terrorism

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

I'm glad they made a design choice to accommodate lazy disabled psychics in their character selection.

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Never forget that there are people that fly pretend flight simulator flights between LA and Sydney in real time. Space airline piloting is probably attractive to them. They are still insane.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

I'm thankful for Peter Gabriel's posts

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

AP posted:

Be careful. You might be accused of being a creepy stalker because you're not obsessed with Derek Smart.

DreadLlama
Jul 15, 2005
Not just for breakfast anymore

Are both the big fat guys ben? He's aged terribly since the dance gif.

lordofthefishes
Mar 30, 2008

01000111 01010010 01000101 01000101 01010100 01001001 01001110 01000111 01010011 00100000 01000110 01000101 01001100 01001100 01001111 01010111 00100000 01000011 01000001 01001110 01000001 01000100 01001001 01000001 01001110 01010011

toanoradian posted:

I wonder how bad a game this thread will compare Star Citizen to until we reach the point of "Actually, Star Citizen is better."

Challenge accepted.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulse_Racer

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damnation_(video_game)

Edit: I am sorry if either of these caused anyone lasting trauma

Edit deux: I may attempt an lp of damnation someday, the quality of the final version really has to be seen to be appreciated

lordofthefishes fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Nov 26, 2015

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

THIS is exactly what I want. I want this game to be so hopelessly borked yet marginally playable that the WTF moments never, ever stop.

Also, I want to spend 100% of my time in the 'verse using exploits to grief RP tards.

Worst case, if this never happens, the apocalyptic studio fale schadenfreude will be better than a perpetual orgasm.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

mashed_penguin posted:

Never forget that there are people that fly pretend flight simulator flights between LA and Sydney in real time. Space airline piloting is probably attractive to them. They are still insane.

That's true, but those games are designed for that purpose. It is like trying to do that but most people around you are flying MIGS and F-15s who would happily blow you out of the sky for a laugh.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Mirificus posted:

Be careful. You might be accused of being a creepy stalker because you're not obsessed with Derek Smart.

If he wasn't stalking Derek Smart I wouldn't have a chance of spotting his new accounts.

Ravane posted:

I'm glad they made a design choice to accommodate lazy disabled psychics in their character selection.

The best bit about that gif is how AC 2.0 isn't even on the normal servers but you can tell the guy is already bored stiff waiting for the loving airlock doors to open, again, so he's side stepping floating in front of them just for something to do.

AP fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Nov 27, 2015

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

AP posted:

If he wasn't stalking Derek Smart I wouldn't have a chance of spotting his new accounts.
:ssh:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Michaellaneous posted:

Farming simulator is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
fuk u Karl

• Locked thread