Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014

I enjoyed some military org that had truly ridiculous rules for participation. The only thing missing from that one was keelhauling.
This one is merely amusing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

RuckusRouser posted:

Even Seraph?

Well Seraph brought many laughs and crazy avatars to the thread so yeah, why not.
Karl just brought Bootcha grief so gently caress that guy, and I like everyone so that's a big statement from me, I feel brave.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
PC Gamer on Star Citizen

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

star citizen: the f35 of games

doctor iono
May 19, 2005

I LARVA YOU
croberts and sandi, a modern day lewis and clark

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
What exactly did Karl do, in regards to friend Bootcha, dox or something?

I read through the thread, but eventually the eyes glaze over from despair and comedy, so I am afraid I missed it .

doctor iono
May 19, 2005

I LARVA YOU
i never want AdzAdama to stop, not never

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

doctor iono posted:

I'm imagining the artworks that will come from this legend when the game implodes / is released and is poo poo

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
hmmmm I'm not sure why but I think AdzAdama might be insanely dumb.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3udklp/if_saitek_misses_the_mark_should_we_design_our_own/

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

doctor iono posted:

These pictures are insulting to the movie Kenny and it makes me sad that SC is now associated with it. :(

AP posted:

That was PcPowerplay (whatever that is) not PC Gamer.

PcPowerplay is an Australian print magazine. From memory, they did publish an editorial apology a couple of issues later so I assume they got a bunch of hate mail from cultists for tarnishing the savior of PC gaming that is Star Citizen. I think the current editor also mentioned that he's sunk around $500 into the "game" too.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I wonder how much they paid for the priv?

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Nov 27, 2015

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

The game has gone from crowdfunding to crowdsourcing. Soon enough, the fans will jist make the game without CiG, but it'll be a giant clusterfuck that will splinter off into many groups with many failures

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

McGiggins posted:

What exactly did Karl do, in regards to friend Bootcha, dox or something?

I read through the thread, but eventually the eyes glaze over from despair and comedy, so I am afraid I missed it .

I'm curious too, about this and the whole debacle in general. I know the very general story (overambitious game charges thousands of dollars for pretend ships and produces nothing), but not the details/particular hilarious bits, and the thread(s?) is so massive it'd take forever to read. Is there a good summary available? Also, who's Karl and why does everyone hate him?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3ucsoe/former_nonbeliever_and_haters_what_could_the_next/

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

AP posted:

The best bit about that gif is how AC 2.0 isn't even on the normal servers but you can tell the guy is already bored stiff waiting for the loving airlock doors to open, again, so he's side stepping floating in front of them just for something to do.

In Fallout or Elder Scrolls sometimes you accidentally click on a chair while trying to steal a plate or something and it locks you into this sitting animation and so you just hammer a key until you get control again then your character stands up so you can carry on thieving everything that isn't nailed down. It only takes about 5 seconds overall but it never stops being slightly irritating.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

RuckusRouser posted:

Even Seraph?

seraph is singlehandedly putting Lowtax's daughters through college

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Remember everybody, it's not a cult. You just send your seed offering to the charismatic man, and you get back.. salvation and more wealth than you ever could have dreamed of eventually. When I tell my friends about this concept they perceive red flags like paying money while receiving very little in return except ever-expanding promises. I just don't get it! How could this possibly be a cult, you guys in this insular online community where we talk understand what I'm saying right!

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

I'm glad I'm not educated enough to buy $2500 jpegs

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Fuk u karl

doctor iono
May 19, 2005

I LARVA YOU

Roland Jones posted:

I'm curious too, about this and the whole debacle in general. I know the very general story (overambitious game charges thousands of dollars for pretend ships and produces nothing), but not the details/particular hilarious bits, and the thread(s?) is so massive it'd take forever to read. Is there a good summary available? Also, who's Karl and why does everyone hate him?

it might be hard to find a summary of EVERYTHING. there was a lot of great stuff in the last thread that people don't really talk about anymore, just bc it's been discussed to death. i wouldn't worry too much about it, you have the gist and hilarious stuff pops up constantly.

karl is a weirdo SC cultist who sometimes posts on these very forums! he's the kind of guy who makes multiple accounts and pretends to be multiple people, so that he can back himself up on his lovely crazy opinions. also i think he doxxed/stalked forums poster Bootcha or something.

doctor iono
May 19, 2005

I LARVA YOU

A Neurotic Jew posted:

hmmmm I'm not sure why but I think AdzAdama might be insanely dumb.

i disagree friend, his work in montage is unparalleled

AdzAdama posted:

This is inspired by the mods that do the hard work to keep the forums clean and troll free.

AdzAdama posted:

I remember in reverse the verse, Chelsea saying she liked the Australian parrots, known as cockatoo's ; I put all the types I see here, the Red Tailed, Yellow Tailed and over abundant White varieties. I really hope she likes the montage.

AdzAdama posted:

This is how I feel being a Star Citizen, Its like being taken to the Promised Land of AC1.0 by the CIG Alien Devs. Thank You for making dreams come true CIG.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

fuctifino posted:

So am I married to Sandi now?

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Not a cult.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

fuctifino posted:

Cool Futurama shirt.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

fuctifino posted:

What the gently caress happened to her neck?

The Whoreax
Sep 7, 2008
I speak for the wood.

doctor iono posted:

i disagree friend, his work in montage is unparalleled

I cannot tell if this guy is taking the piss or sincere.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Roland Jones posted:

Also, who's Karl and why does everyone hate him?
Karl is a German auditor Star Citizen fanatic who was posting in the thread in defense of Star Citizen.

Beyond that it is easier to tell you who Karl is not. He is not the German auditor Star Citizen fanatic on the official Star Citizen forums that happens to share a name with the twitter account Karl posted here as his own - this is verifiable because that poster has spent thousands of dollars on Star Citizen while Karl's ships were all gifted to him by his brother. He is not the German auditor Star Citizen fanatic on reddit that posts extensively about how unfairly Karl was treated by SA, because that is a woman. He is also not her father who happens to be a German auditor, just in case you were thinking that might be the case. In fact, every redditor who is German and an auditor and interested in Star Citizen is definitely not Karl, nor the obvious sock puppet accounts that jump to the defense of any German auditor Star Citizenite posting in r/DerekSmart.

All we really know for sure about Karl is he can go gently caress himself.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ghostlight posted:

Karl is a German auditor Star Citizen fanatic who was posting in the thread in defense of Star Citizen.

Beyond that it is easier to tell you who Karl is not. He is not the German auditor Star Citizen fanatic on the official Star Citizen forums that happens to share a name with the twitter account Karl posted here as his own - this is verifiable because that poster has spent thousands of dollars on Star Citizen while Karl's ships were all gifted to him by his brother. He is not the German auditor Star Citizen fanatic on reddit that posts extensively about how unfairly Karl was treated by SA, because that is a woman. He is also not her father who happens to be a German auditor, just in case you were thinking that might be the case. In fact, every redditor who is German and an auditor and interested in Star Citizen is definitely not Karl, nor the obvious sock puppet accounts that jump to the defense of any German auditor Star Citizenite posting in r/DerekSmart.

Lmao

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Imagine being such a hosed up weirdo that you make sock puppets to talk to and about yourself on the internet

Lol

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

NotDeadYet posted:

That is a true talent.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

Ghostlight posted:

I didn't know who he was before this but I can now tell you I'm more frightened of him than the monster under my bed.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

NotDeadYet posted:

If he is taking a piss, then its a powerstream from a 12 inch, throbbing wide cock.

If he is not, then at least he is using art to express how he feel in his little fractured mind, something most mental health worker agree is good.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Amazing.

Thank you for your summarization efforts.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
Is Karl the matilda guy who keeps posting on that subreddit?

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Bedshaped posted:

Is Karl the matilda guy who keeps posting on that subreddit?

no.

*wink*

*taps nose*

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Roland Jones posted:

Re: Karl.

Dweeb has accounts in different names: Matilda2013 or something on reddit, Raess i think on brown sea and twitter, and Karl Ramseier here. He claims to be a german auditor (or that his father is one), that he has a brother in the army, and that he himself hasn't spent a euro on SC - his brother-in-law bought him the ships. Also, he claims that his accounts are really the accounts of different people, and gets real worked up when we call him Karl on reddit and the like.

He's unbelievably obnoxious and belligerent, especially regarding DS, and is a regular poster on /r/dereksmart. Regarding Bootcha, he didn't believe he was a VC supporting SC from the start, and when Bootcha posted proof he whined that it was insufficient evidence while simultaneously messaging :lesnick: on twitter to alert him that Bootcha might be breaking his NDA. Overall, he's an incompetent puppetmaster-wannabe whose impotent rage fueled some of the comedy a few hundred pages back. His insufferable smugness overshadows his capacity to provide amusement, so I rate him

:gary::gary: out of :gary::gary::gary::gary::gary:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Karl is the montage guy, seriously

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Ghostlight posted:

I am pretty sure his father is the actual auditor and he only pretends to be an auditor.

Hey, Karl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doctor iono
May 19, 2005

I LARVA YOU
paaaaarp

The typeface for the corporate identity was carefully selected to represent simplicity in todays society which relies so heavily on technology.

• Locked thread