Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Deki posted:

I've seen stuff like "Goons have come around and like SC again because the PU is so goddamn amazing" in like 3 different places at this point.

What loving thread are they reading?

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Deki posted:

I've seen stuff like "Goons have come around and like SC again because the PU is so goddamn amazing" in like 3 different places at this point.

The Space Engineers thread.

doctor iono
May 19, 2005

I LARVA YOU

Mirificus posted:

I actually started feeling uncomfortable continuing to read through that thread :smith:. A lot of those people need real support, not Star Citizen.

the worst part about the SC community is how they reinforce and justify each other's mental illnesses. sooo many posts from clearly unhealthy individuals either get ignored or treated like a joke, bc even acknowledging the sheer volume of insane people would be too close to admitting that RSIs business model is built around drawing those crazies in.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Toops posted:

Sandi: "Don't forget missing assets, ships shambling in and crumpling instead of spawning, and missions for the developmentally disabled that bugcrash!" *smarmy glamour shots pose into the 4th wall*

Ben: Hahaha, great point Sandi, can't believe I forgot that. so STUPID! Hahaha. We're really happy guys. *FART*

Chris slides in - a slug trail left behind him : And don't forget folks, when everything is actually working, IT'S BLAND AS gently caress! *high 5*

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

peter gabriel posted:

Baby poo poo 2.786

They keep it crashing so no-one ever finishes the game.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Toops posted:

AtV 2.08

Absolute loving visionaries these guys. A broken PoC shitmess is exactly how they imagined it.

:downsbravo: :chome: :sissies: :chome: :jackbud: :cocaine: :parrot:

are no crosshairs still part of the new glorious vision?

in before it is. FOR MAXIMUM IMMERSION

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

are no crosshairs still part of the new glorious vision?

in before it is. FOR MAXIMUM IMMERSION

Sandi hates pubes. No hairs. PC Master Race.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Deki posted:

they read "meh, at least it's something" and ran with "wow I have seen the light. croberts ackbar"

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Mirificus posted:

I actually started feeling uncomfortable continuing to read through that thread :smith:. A lot of those people need real support, not Star Citizen.

It's amazing to see how many people are struggling with payments, or with self-control, with regards to ships in a game that doesn't exist cannot support them, nor does it have any of the functionality of other MMO's.

They've been sold purely on a fancy image and a text blurb.

Now you can own the Next Great Heavy Fighter! Designed by the Deustchland's backers, the Bayerlisch Wasp is a powerful fighter capable of holding its own in combat with a powerful weapons payload. Dotted with turrets and bombs, the Wasp also doubles as an night-fighter capable of delivering ordnance even in the blackest depths of space!

Nobody knows how they perform, how good they are, or when they'll be available. Just "YOU NEED TO BUY THIS BECAUSE ITS AWESOME" and a list of stats, as if any of it meant anything.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

peter gabriel posted:

Chris slides in - a slug trail left behind him : And don't forget folks, when everything is actually working, IT'S BLAND AS gently caress! *high 5*

*Ben, instead of high-fiving Chris's green slug proboscis, simply rolls off his chair and splashes into Chris*

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Brb just writing Bayerlisch_Wasp_Operations_Manual.pdf

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Jobbo_Fett posted:

It's amazing to see how many people are struggling with payments, or with self-control, with regards to ships in a game that doesn't exist cannot support them, nor does it have any of the functionality of other MMO's.

They've been sold purely on a fancy image and a text blurb.

Now you can own the Next Great Heavy Fighter! Designed by the Deustchland's backers, the Bayerlisch Wasp is a powerful fighter capable of holding its own in combat with a powerful weapons payload. Dotted with turrets and bombs, the Wasp also doubles as an night-fighter capable of delivering ordnance even in the blackest depths of space!

Nobody knows how they perform, how good they are, or when they'll be available. Just "YOU NEED TO BUY THIS BECAUSE ITS AWESOME" and a list of stats, as if any of it meant anything.

Sales are still a thing because the game isn't out yet. Its really in CIG's benefit to keep the status quo while milking the cow to death.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

peter gabriel posted:

Brb just writing Bayerlisch_Wasp_Operations_Manual.pdf

"Don't fly to England. Avoid the Channel."

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Jobbo_Fett posted:

"Don't fly to England. Avoid the Channel."

Wise words Commander I will update sub section 9D post haste

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Deki posted:

They're mistaking my posts where I acknowledge that some good things have happened (while also pointing out that it's still an unplayable mess) as goons in general backing off of the SC hate train. Keep in mind long time redditors don't really understand traditional forums so they see that these posts continue to exist, us not having a downvote system and all, and assume it is the will of the hive mind that they be seen.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

more like C-Word

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

peter gabriel posted:

At its most fundamental level Star Citizen is a very elaborate plan to get revenge on Kevin Costner and that will never stop being funny to me

He already did it to himself with Waterworld, and yet SC is STILL trying, which makes it even better.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

fuzzknot posted:

He already did it to himself with Waterworld, and yet SC is STILL trying, which makes it even better.

Costner basically bitch slapped the world and is totally unaware

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Waterworld is his best movie though?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Ghostlight posted:

Waterworld is his best movie though?

Well, me and a couple of buddies went watching Dancing With Wolves or whatever the gently caress it was called when we were kids because the whole world was raving about it.
About 9 hours in we all fell asleep, so I too have been bitch slapped by the Costner, I know how it feels.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

The gently caress? Postman was his best movie. As soon as you get mail started again the whole world will fix itself.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I was pretty pissed off at the time but I didn't make a failed game over it or anything

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Deki posted:

I saw a few posts that were a little upbeat about 2.0 turning things around. But they were from BonziBuddy posters who reg'd in the last couple of months :newlol:

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
I thought he was ok as superdad in the Superman reboot. Rusty was the cooler dad but Kevin Costner was prob a better one.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip
But . . . Field of Dreams . . . it already got referenced in this thread.

You disappoint me.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Toops posted:

*Ben, instead of high-fiving Chris's green slug proboscis, simply rolls off his chair and splashes into Chris*

** Due to physics, Ben immediately crashes through the floor, disappearing. Chris also disappears, unable to avoid the dark chasm many times wider than a normal man. Sandi keeps glaring awkwardly into the camera, like a pro. At the last moment, the green proboscis shoots up from the dark, grabs onto her unimaginably thick and ironic forest of pubes, and pulls her down with the rest into the dumpster fire which rages at the heart of the "new" "LA" "office". The cheers of a million SC backers shatters the sky as they are finally freed from the mind-prison of Star Citizen. **

*roll credits*

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Idiots think that folks saying "Maybe this game might be released in some form before the impending bankruptcy, and that is cool because then we can go grief people who gave Croberts thousands of dollars " is somehow the goons seeing the light.

They are missing the fact that pretty much everyone in this thread that isn't a cultist is a winner no matter the outcome. We have gotten months of free entertainment at the expense of idiots and CIG's collective ineptitude. Folks have gotten their money back and are free and clear of risk now. We are on track for even more fun as we look at potential Derek Smart legal adventures or even the Ponzi collapsing. If Star Citizen actually comes out it doesn't retroactively render our fun in these threads null and void, it just means we can continue ruining everything in a more direct fashion.

We can't lose because all we expect is a shitposting good time and funny gifs. They have everything to lose because they continue to give CIG money for jpgs and can only hope that they ultimately get what they are desperately imagining.

I do feel bad for the folks who have legitimate mental issues who are being taken for a ride, or the ones who are going to blow up their personal lives and relationships from this addiction, but the ones who have the biggest issue with this thread not being a supportive echo chamber don't really fit that profile. Like Karl, they can go gently caress themselves.

:yarg: :gary:

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Maybe this entire scheme has been the most audacious performance piece put together by Chris and Sandi as a resume to get them back in with the real achievers in Hollywood

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sarsapariller posted:

They're mistaking my posts where I acknowledge that some good things have happened (while also pointing out that it's still an unplayable mess) as goons in general backing off of the SC hate train. Keep in mind long time redditors don't really understand traditional forums so they see that these posts continue to exist, us not having a downvote system and all, and assume it is the will of the hive mind that they be seen.

This is a community that will interpret the slightest hint of positivity as vindication and a sign of victory. We're talking about a group of individuals who see 2.0 as a demonstration of how everything will be fine and things can only improve. The idea that things could simply stop, that CIG could fold in an instant like 38 Studios, is inconceivable.

I see 2.0 as progress but also a clear indication of just how far we are from what's been advertised. It's obviously a massive achievement and, as many folks have commented, seeing what you can do and the experience is pretty loving awesome. But it's nowhere near done and even the stuff that should be finalized (like the flight or combat mechanics) are still in a state of "early days". Never mind the MMO stuff, the vast majority of ships, and everything else.

So yeah, what we've seen is pretty awesome. But it's also nowhere near enough.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

All of it looks like janky rear end poo poo.

Namaste friend.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

We had riding in cars and shooting people years ago. Tribes came out in what 2000? I could jump in planes and fly around and jump out with 64 players in that. How is this ground breaking in anyway?

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
CIG's marketing tactics are those of a ponzi scheme or some other scam. They whip up their sunk-cost believers into giving even more by dangling even bigger promises of reward, and the believers brigade the poo poo out of Reddit and the like to lure in even more marks.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

jaegerx posted:

We had riding in cars and shooting people years ago. Tribes came out in what 2000? I could jump in planes and fly around and jump out with 64 players in that. How is this ground breaking in anyway?

Mostly scale and potential. The idea of having Privateer 2015 really appealed to me, and I see that in 2.0.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
At this point it isn't enough to compare the game to Hellgate: London or Firefall, the marketing just reeks of an outright loving scam.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I agree with the rest of your post but not this. I've watched a lot of livestreams. All I've seen is a turgid vomit-comet player controller, lol animation jank, netcode issues, premature polish, and forced getting-out-of-bed cutscenes. Oh, and the largest volume of showstopper crashes I've ever seen in a software program released to customers.

The camera blur effect when you're taking 30 seconds to open an airlock is pretty cool though. Archive that as proof I've 100% seen the light and will now spend $3000 on a jpeg, reddit.

Broccoli Cat
Mar 8, 2013

"so, am I right in understanding that you're a bigot or aficionado of racist humor?

STAR CITIZEN is for WHITES ONLY!

:lesnick:

Chocobo posted:

CIG's marketing tactics are those of a ponzi scheme or some other scam. They whip up their sunk-cost believers into giving even more by dangling even bigger promises of reward, and the believers brigade the poo poo out of Reddit and the like to lure in even more marks.

Exactly, but more importantly, what the gently caress is wrong with Sandi Gardiner's neck??

doctor iono
May 19, 2005

I LARVA YOU
what's a fun dogfighting game, space or non-space

ive literally only ever played freespace 2

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Should I get space engineers, friends? It's on sale, and is actually a space game that exists.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Whoever compiled the opening of this thread scares me:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/3qm1th/drama_megathread/

Mirificus fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Nov 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I honestly would compare this game to iRacing because compared to iRacing I will put zero loving hours into Star Citizen :v:

• Locked thread