Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I would have sex with all this rainbow women if my dick worked

- george

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Sheeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiit

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
If you look closely you can see that he's hover-handing like a true goon.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Tu-pac Jon Snow ain't dead.

Or he's dead and Melssiandre's going to revive him since the show even made her go out of the way and meet Thoros and witness his ability to resurrect someone. Then HBO, D&D, GURM, and whomever else claimed he was dead can say they weren't lying. :shrug:

So basically the show is transferring the Lady Stoneheart character/storyline to Jon Snow then. That would also explain why they haven't introduced her on the show yet.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Joramun posted:

So basically the show is transferring the Lady Stoneheart character/storyline to Jon Snow then. That would also explain why they haven't introduced her on the show yet.

The actor who played Stark isn't coming back on the show iirc

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

I honestly give no fucks that he's taking on idiot bigots and hosting hot rear end burlesque.

Lo, for I have given up hopes of any future books, and so something something he's not my bitch, etc.

Rationally, good for him. For the rest of us, we can write our own sequels or con other people into reading the series until the show finishes the job.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

syscall girl posted:

The actor who played Stark isn't coming back on the show iirc

I appreciate that you chose to use that exact phrasing to respond to a post containing Jon Snow and Cat.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

SaviourX posted:

I honestly give no fucks that he's taking on idiot bigots and hosting hot rear end burlesque.

Lo, for I have given up hopes of any future books, and so something something he's not my bitch, etc.

Rationally, good for him. For the rest of us, we can write our own sequels or con other people into reading the series until the show finishes the job.

He even looks a little slimmer than he used to be. His life is picking up and it seems like he's really gotten his act together except for that one thing.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

The Ninth Layer posted:

Start at The Darkness That Comes Before.

Word of warning, if ASOIAF is a 7 out of 10 on the bleak darkness scale, Bakker's Second Apocalypse series is a solid 10. It is very well-written and it's by no means a dumb grimdark series, definitely one of the most affecting set of books I have ever read, but you've been warned.

I like Bakker's fantasy names, esp when they translate to "Bitten-by-a-Chicken" (Canampurea) and "Death-Testicles" (Calmemunis).

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Nov 25, 2015

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

I like Bakker's fantasy names, esp when they translate to "Bitten-by-a-Chicken" (Canampurea) and "Death-Testicles" (Calmemunis).

Wait what? I don't remember anything like that.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

the trump tutelage posted:

The Second Apocalypse fan forum is semi-active but your account needs to be approved by a moderator. I tried to register three or four weeks ago and I never heard back.

At least in Bakker's case it sounds like the book is finished, he's just being dicked around by the publisher.

I know there's a decent amount of crossover between the Second Apocalypse forums and the Bakker threads over on Westeros in their literature sub forum, you could probably get the attention of one of them in one of those threads. I think that's one of the reasons the Second Apocalypse forums are slow too, as Westeros gets a lot more traffic and has a ton of Bakker threads, so I think that bleeds off a lot of people who would've otherwise posted over at SA.
http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/topic/135641-bakker-xli-redux-measure-is-still-unceasing-and-a-date-is-revealed-for-the-great-ordeal/ That's the latest westeros Bakker thread, I know the Madness dude posts in it and he's the guy who runs the SA forums

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

various cheeses posted:

Wait what? I don't remember anything like that.

That's what they mean in Finnish.

His names are a good example of dumb fantasy names in general.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I think it's time we accepted that he's never going to write another book and just feel happy for him that he's living out his final months trolling for young women at conventions and spending his money on creepy nerd poo poo. :unsmith:

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I think it's time we accepted that he's never going to write another book and just feel happy for him that he's living out his final months trolling for young women at conventions and spending his money on creepy nerd poo poo. :unsmith:

We all know he's going to live to be like 97 and still wont manage write another book.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm pretty okay with there being no more ASOIAF at this point, though I'd like to finish it off after all this time.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Yeah the loose ends are just dangling at this point. GRRM still needs to be tried and probably hung for crimes against humanity, but his silly little story about not-D&D characters doing complex real Adult™ things can go to hell.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

rejutka posted:

That picture is almost 100% warning signs.

at least he is wearing a different hat. For a moment I thought the woman in the lower left was Sarkeesian and I was like WhhhhaaaaaAAAAA???

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

If my "final months" you mean "His entire life".. yeah. All he's ever done is troll Cons for creepy ConSex and buy nerd poo poo. Although I'm sure the caliber of women has improved dramatically.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

that is extra loving awesome.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

That's what they mean in Finnish.

His names are a good example of dumb fantasy names in general.

kcroy posted:

that is extra loving awesome.

Any other weird translations? That's pretty hilarious.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

halwain posted:

Jon Snow has died for our sins.

Jon's body will spend three days in the ice cells and Val will visit his cell to see Melisandre and she will say that he is risen.

Edit: Melisandre will be naked because GRRM

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

kcroy posted:

at least he is wearing a different hat. For a moment I thought the woman in the lower left was Sarkeesian and I was like WhhhhaaaaaAAAAA???

Who?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Anita Sarkeesian. Yeah it kind of looks like her. She is a lady who reviews video games and discusses how they are probably not great with respect to women and gets death threats .

Like she'll list every game that lets you virtually strangle a woman while calling her a bitch and the list will start at ms. pacman and be an hour long and you'll be like goddamn I guess this is really a thing that keeps happening for some reason as she suggests this is not great and the youtube comments will be uniformly "I WILL STRANGLE YOU, YOU BITCH" over and over.

Krinkle fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Nov 26, 2015

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
drat, I must have played the censored version of Mrs. Pacman.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Found in pyf funny pictures.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Rapist and stunt rapist.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

What game or simulator is he doing right there?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Come-into-my-castle

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Space lasering off the warts.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

In the books we only heard come into my castle as innuendo and I could only imagine it as playing doctor. I guess it's probably something boring like having to announce who you are and why you're here and who can vouch for you and listing heraldry but I don't know.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Really? I can see that but I thought the main variation of come-into-my-castle (not oo-er) was like Red Rover, Red Rover, Come On Over, I Choose the Colour [whatever] and if you were not wearing or showing whatever colour you had to hop on one leg to get to the safe zone and the catcher could grab you and then it was your turn.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

rejutka posted:

Really? I can see that but I thought the main variation of come-into-my-castle (not oo-er) was like Red Rover, Red Rover, Come On Over, I Choose the Colour [whatever] and if you were not wearing or showing whatever colour you had to hop on one leg to get to the safe zone and the catcher could grab you and then it was your turn.

Was just going to try to make a jape about Red Walder but then I realized I forgot how to play the game.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Well Tyrion was thinking of something he could do with Penny and he decided she's terrible at cyvasse, and she's too common born to be able to play come-into-my-castle and specifically notes her not knowing any heraldry.

e: Hahaha holy poo poo if penny was tyrion's daughter then her wanting to be a buffoon and not knowing poo poo about politics, he's going to be like a tiny tywin putting his foot down ordering her to stop embarrassing him. Goddamn. It's like poetry, so it rhymes.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

syscall girl posted:

Was just going to try to make a jape about Red Walder but then I realized I forgot how to play the game.

that's the Lord of the Crossing game

quote:

The way their game was played, you laid the log across the water, and one player stood in the middle with the stick. He was the lord of the crossing, and when one of the other players came up, he had to say, "I am the lord of the crossing, who goes there?" And the other player had to make up a speech about who they were and why they should be allowed to cross. The lord could make them swear oaths and answer questions. They didn't have to tell the truth, but the oaths were binding unless they said "Mayhaps," so the trick was to say "Mayhaps" so the lord of the crossing didn't notice. Then you could try and knock the lord into the water and you got to be lord of the crossing, but only if you'd said "Mayhaps." Otherwise you were out of the game. The lord got to knock anyone in the water anytime he pleased, and he was the only one who got to use a stick.

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013

Krinkle posted:

What game or simulator is he doing right there?

Whatever it was, it's Baron Harkonnen's hoverround now.

Rosscifer
Aug 3, 2005

Patience
Preston Jacobs figured it out. Tyrion is Aerys and Tywin's son simultaneously! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bagpBsfHE4w

And I thought I had seen all the possibilities.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Rosscifer posted:

Preston Jacobs figured it out. Tyrion is Aerys and Tywin's son simultaneously! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bagpBsfHE4w

I didn't know that Gurm wrote a book about genetically-engineered prostitutes, but I am not surprised.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Ague Proof posted:

that's the Lord of the Crossing game

AKA the shittiest game. I liked how appropriate it was for a Frey kid because everyone knew That Kid in school, the kind that would invent games where they could basically do everything.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rosscifer posted:

why does his crazy make so much sense? It really bothers me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000

kcroy posted:

why does his crazy make so much sense? It really bothers me.

He delivers them in much the same form as 9/11 conspiracy videos, same principle.