Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

learnincurve posted:

WARNING! ITS BAD, LIKE EAR BLEACH BAD! WARNING!
Despite the singing and the bleached hair, he's no Jacques.

Also I had no idea who that NASCAR guy was either, and I'm American. I thought IndyCar maybe for a second. They have a guy whose team is sponsored by Steak 'n' Shake restaurants and when he wins a race they give him a milkshake with a cherry on top in a fruity little flowery ice cream glass thing to drink while standing on the car. America is where motorsports go to die in indignity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

daslog posted:

NASCAR is making huge dollars due to a massive long term TV contract.

Bernie is going to die sooner or latersooner.

Bernie is never going to die, let's be real here.

Dumb Username
Oct 20, 2012
That NASCAR guy was 20th in points.

He won the championship.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Dumb Username posted:

He won the championship.

Argh, just realized it was one of the Busch idiots....

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Dumb Username posted:

He won the championship.
This sounds even more fraudulent than the F1 WDC. I had not previously thought such fraud levels mathematically possible.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

Dumb Username posted:

He won the championship.

lets not give bernie any ideas

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

This sounds even more fraudulent than the F1 WDC. I had not previously thought such fraud levels mathematically possible.

You should watch more WEC then

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Bernie sighs and sadly shakes his head while muttering "why is it always you Lotus"

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/delayed-lotus-freight-arrives-in-abu-dhabi/

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Reminder. Bottas is only one point behind Kimi in the championship. Kimi is saying he does not care if he comes fourth or fifth, Botas is saying it would "be nice"* to come fourth.

*finnish for "I would sell my firstborn to the devil to come fourth"

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

learnincurve posted:

Reminder. Bottas is only one point behind Kimi in the championship. Kimi is saying he does not care if he comes fourth or fifth, Botas is saying it would "be nice"* to come fourth.

*finnish for "I would sell my firstborn to the devil to come fourth"

I thought Bottas is one point in front of Kimi.
I hope he wins. He seems slightly less autistic and definitely less arrogant than Kimi.
Not that I have anything against autistic people (what would be the point of watching F1 then?)

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

You Am I posted:

F1 will never die thanks to Bernie.

Bernie is basically picking the bones of F1's carcass these days.

AgentJotun posted:

Zero risk? TV audiences are shrinking as F1 moves behind paywalls, attendances at many of the races is poo poo, western countries aren't interested in being charged way to much to host a race, the very real risk (now abating somewhat) that there might only be 8 teams - half of which are filled with 2 pay drivers, money the driving factor in signing new drivers rather then talent, a single team dominating more then any other time in F1 history, self interest of the teams/promoter/FIA preventing agreements on needed changes....Nah your right, zero risk.

Most of the above set up by Bernie to pad his pockets, not giving a gently caress that it's killing the sport.

ImplicitAssembler posted:

And FOM made how many billions in profit?

FOM and Bernie are the only ones getting a good deal. I'm pretty sure he has exactly timed the financial collapse of F1 to coincide with the moment of his death to utterly maximize every cent he can bleed out before he goes.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Dumb Username posted:

He won the championship.

he broke his leg in half earlier this year and missed a bunch of races, then came back and won like 37 in a row

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

AgentJotun posted:

Zero risk? TV audiences are shrinking as F1 moves behind paywalls, attendances at many of the races is poo poo, western countries aren't interested in being charged way to much to host a race, the very real risk (now abating somewhat) that there might only be 8 teams - half of which are filled with 2 pay drivers, money the driving factor in signing new drivers rather then talent, a single team dominating more then any other time in F1 history, self interest of the teams/promoter/FIA preventing agreements on needed changes....Nah your right, zero risk.

take this nonsense to reddit

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Red Bull is reverting back to an old-specification engine.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Big tyres and boadicea wings with some other aero stuff coming for 2017.

What this means is no more stupid "dirty air" poo poo with wings sometimes exploding when they get too close to the car in front or engines melting if they follow too close for too long.

Sky f1 is about to repeat the us GP.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

learnincurve posted:

Big tyres and boadicea wings with some other aero stuff coming for 2017.

What this means is no more stupid "dirty air" poo poo with wings sometimes exploding when they get too close to the car in front or engines melting if they follow too close for too long.

Sky f1 is about to repeat the us GP.

Pretty much what I wanted to see. Now let's get rid of the token system and really see some cool poo poo.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Bernie paid off Lotus' past due bills in order for them to participate in Abu Dhabi since all their equipment was locked up cause of non-pay again.

Bernie spending money--- hell, any money ---on the actual teams pretty much confirming the Renault deal is 100% solid concrete gonna happen absolutely no backsies

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Wirth1000 posted:

Bernie paid off Lotus' past due bills in order for them to participate in Abu Dhabi since all their equipment was locked up cause of non-pay again.

Bernie spending money--- hell, any money ---on the actual teams pretty much confirming the Renault deal is 100% solid concrete gonna happen absolutely no backsies

It's like that time I had to ask my boss to lend me £100 a week before pay day, to get the clamp removed from my car to drive 3 hours home because I was totally broke.

loving embarrassing.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Norns posted:

Now let's get rid of the token system and really see some cool poo poo.

This.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

When I GIS'ed "boadicea wings" all I saw was some random jewelry and terrible fantasy art. What does this actually mean for F1 cars? :confused:

Fat tires are great news.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
English warrior queen who took on the Romans, she had giant spikes coming out of her chariot's wheels and used to ride into Roman troops and take out men and horses with them.

2017 front wings are going to extend beyond the wheels so when they come in contact with other cars they are going to slice the tyres open or gouge big holes in the side.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

More fun ways for Pastor to wreck people!

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

learnincurve posted:

2017 front wings are going to extend beyond the wheels so when they come in contact with other cars they are going to slice the tyres open or gouge big holes in the side.

F1 is getting metal in 2017 :rock:

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Dumb Username posted:

He won the championship.

I wanted to make an "I told you Max Chilton was a champion" joke but no, in a 20 car series, Max couldn't finish in the top 20.

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Dudley posted:

I wanted to make an "I told you Max Chilton was a champion" joke but no, in a 20 car series, Max couldn't finish in the top 20.

Ayrton Senna wasn't even top 25 in 1994

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Yep, that fraud couldn't even beat Roland Ratzenberger in the championship.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

daslog posted:

Bernie is going to die sooner

Lol check this guy out

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The '94 season is balls.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Lewis is switching to NASCAR!!!!!!1!
http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/nov/26/lewis-hamilton-ambition-race-in-nascar

Well, not really.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
If you youtube you'll find an unreasonably long show about Lewis driving noted murderer Tony Stewart's NAS car around Watkins Glen and having a grand old hoot doing it.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
This weeks track any good or is death still certain?

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Abu babby is loving awful

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Speaking of babbys, Ron Dennis told the press that he doesn't approve of Lewis' lifestyle and wouldn't let him party if he was still at McLaren. Not grey enough :geno:

e: sorry if this was posted, I tried to read the last couple of pages and my eyes glazed over

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

El Hefe posted:

Abu babby is loving awful
Part one of the worst thread curse complete.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
what if the viewer numbers for this race were 0

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Then this would be the race that Bernie stands up and says that they have secretly been working on making the cars fly and this race will be used as a test for next season, but unfortunately they have discovered that as ego weight is a factor it means Lewis' car won't even take off so he has been replaced by Bruno Senna, and owing to being an all round nice guy who didn't think twice about rushing intoa burning building to save a child they are predicting Are Pastor will be on pole.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Sky has started broadcasting, fp1 in 15.

Lewis really wants this win because there is some big 44 celebration in Abu Dhabi this week.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Alonso only has one engine for this entire race weekend. They haven't got any non melted ones left.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Commentary from Davidson, thank gently caress.

I am aware that I seem to be the only one watching this so will edit posts to cut down on spam.

Lotus only have one car ready which is unfortunate because Palmer has paid to test today.

Red bull have a unbranded Renault engine deal with illian doing in season development.

Ferrari not allowing Kimi to talk to Sky, that's now 7 times out of 8 they have blanked them, and the one they did get was when Ted mugged Allison, for those keeping score.

learnincurve fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Nov 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:
Only an hour left of this poo poo....

• Locked thread