Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002

OldMemes posted:

I've seen some handwringing left wing articles about people going "oh no what shall we do with the young people who decided ISIS wasn't for them and came crawling back".

They joined an army that is commiting ethinic cleansing on a mass scale. If they were going to join the Nazis, the papers wouldn't be having this kind of navel gazing. Put them on trial - they're not just 19 year olds who followed the wrong twitter account and got swept up in things, they're literally war criminals!

The thing is, many of these people are kids who sign up in an act of mindless youthful rebellion and get out before they have the chance to personally kill anybody (often after witnessing irrefutable proof that ISIS is, in fact, every bit as evil as Western media makes them out to be).

Does this mean they should be let off the hook entirely? Not necessarily. But there is a legitimate case for possibly sparing them from the sort of heavy-handed punishment generally considered appropriate for major war criminals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

There have to be ISIS guys who get out, turn themselves in and work with Western intelligence

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.

Cockmaster posted:

The thing is, many of these people are kids who sign up in an act of mindless youthful rebellion and get out before they have the chance to personally kill anybody (often after witnessing irrefutable proof that ISIS is, in fact, every bit as evil as Western media makes them out to be).

Does this mean they should be let off the hook entirely? Not necessarily. But there is a legitimate case for possibly sparing them from the sort of heavy-handed punishment generally considered appropriate for major war criminals.

I think when it gets to the point where you're enslaving people and burning down villages, it goes from youthful japes to war crimes. Unless there's some kind of jihad package holiday they sell?

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

Minorkos posted:

i also think a dumb teenager who probably got raped and beaten for months deserves to be charged with war crimes because it would be epic karmic justice haha xd

we drop bombs on the teenaged guys who join

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

DrManiac posted:

Lets see

-Get to rebel against everything you perceive to be wrong with the world
-Have access to as many sex slaves as you want
-Get to shoot a bunch of people

I can totally see why this would appeal to dumb rear end boy teenagers but the girls presumable Don't get to do any of that.

You're right, that's all p. Rad

Kthulhu5000
Jul 25, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Cockmaster posted:

nah.

I mean, you can be a troubled teen and do some really bad poo poo (robbing people, even killing someone in the process), and still deserve the consideration of leniency and circumstances. because maybe, at some point, many social institutions failed you when they shouldn't have and you could still be brought back to a righteous path. it is indicative that society has maybe failed you (maybe), and by extension through your acts, has also failed itself and should try to remedy that.

but willingly going to a group like ISIS, traveling hundreds and thousands of miles to lend one's self to supporting them in body, morals, and ideology, maybe even along with material and military support? maybe taking part in atrocities? that's less society failing you and you failing society (i.e. being a traitor and rejecting its values), and you don't really deserve a gentle hand at that point.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Maybe they thought ISIS was like some mad electronic music festival full of drugs and explosions

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Kthulhu5000 posted:

but willingly going to a group like ISIS, traveling hundreds and thousands of miles

If only we could get to their damned moon base!!!

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive
For a forum full of pedophiles y'all sure don't understand how grooming works

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

DEAD MAN'S SHOE posted:

For a forum full of pedophiles y'all sure don't understand how grooming works

If you live in a first world country and don't understand how bad ISIS is than I guess maybe you are going to die???

momerath
Nov 15, 2014
can you imagine the stench of an isis rape dungeon?

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I would love to see the moment she realizes she's being traded from one rapist to another for a half pack of smokes & a camel to be named later.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

GORILLA BASTARD posted:

I would love to see the moment she realizes she's being traded from one rapist to another for a half pack of smokes & a camel to be named later.

Not to be insensitive but no way would someone offer a camel.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Don Tacorleone posted:

Maybe they thought ISIS was like some mad electronic music festival full of drugs and explosions

Well according to some article stuff like meth is really popular in the Syrian war on both sides as a hand pick me up solution to keep going.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
It's a religion of Peace you faggots

Jaweeeblop
Nov 12, 2004

ISIS is so hot right now

tomatoes and shit
Sep 17, 2015

Nooner posted:

:f5h: :five:

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Nooner posted:

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

comments on RT are always a treat

:yikes:

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag1o3koTLWM

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Lord of Pie posted:

comments on RT are always a treat

:yikes:

What's a kzt?

BrawndoTQ
Oct 18, 2001

petition mods to change background music of this thread

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I don't feel bad for people that join Isis and then subsequently become killed by isis

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

Ol Pete strikes again

you really hate this pete guy

what do you think of the classic Nickelodeon show Pete & Pete?

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

There's this lady in my town whose first name is Isis. That'd be a bit frustrating - you go through your life the first few decades with a somewhat unusual but unremarkable name, and then suddenly everyone starts to subconsciously associate you with a terrorist org. Think I'd change my name if that happened.

These girls made dumb choices like every teen does, too bad they're dead for their mistake. Although, to be fair joining a terrorist org is a fairly big mistake.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Nooner posted:

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Zzulu posted:

And here's a cool gif I found while I googled Ice Burn

thats a spicy pizza!

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

there was one of these from australia who said they wanted out but australia said, an awesome propaganda coup from people who were dumb enough to join but lucky enough to get out again who can then discourage other people who would otherwise also run off to join? nah i dont want none of that poo poo thankyou very much,

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

five years forced labor and reeducation camp for people returning from isis

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

clearly the stupid girl that made a terrible mistake and paid for it by being raped and beaten to death deserves none of our simpathy

god fuckin dammit whats wrong with you people. this forums disgusts me more every day

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

babypolis posted:

clearly the stupid girl that made a terrible mistake and paid for it by being raped and beaten to death deserves none of our simpathy

god fuckin dammit whats wrong with you people. this forums disgusts me more every day

Is this the thread where sociopaths practice empathy?

C-, needs work

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
if it was a swarthy dude who joined isis and got snuffed no one would give a poo poo

but now it is a white girl who joined the supervillains and now we must feel sorry that the supervillains that she joined killed her

Zzulu fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Nov 28, 2015

Deadbeat Poetry
Mar 6, 2004

Sorry if my costume scared you

babypolis posted:

The gently caress do you want to do? Send her family a gift basket?

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Yeah why is General Bullshit 2: On the Move forums on the Something Awful website not more simpathetic to the girls who joined ISIS?

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
what a coupleof sily duffers

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Zzulu posted:

if it was a swarthy dude who joined isis and got snuffed no one would give a poo poo

but now it is a white girl who joined the supervillains and now we must feel sorry that the supervillains that she joined killed her

it would still be tragic but tempered by said swarthy dudes probably committing atrocities as part of isis but thats not an issue here is i

Savings Coupon posted:

The gently caress do you want to do? Send her family a gift basket?

nothing? but im not gonna celebrate it as some posters are doing

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

Yeah why is General Bullshit 2: On the Move forums on the Something Awful website not more simpathetic to the girls who joined ISIS?

agreed

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

babypolis posted:

you ppl? i didnt say that at all. :colbert: i feel bad for the stupid gurls and wish they werent hosed to death by daesh

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
good lol

• Locked thread