Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Riosan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i4kSeOhmdY

God I loved when the gang goofed on Jackie. I love their impersonation of him and how relentless they were.

Was there ever a man who deserved it more?

I say no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
The beauty of Jackie, and why this puts him over top of Artie to me, is that he could take it. Artie was wholly incapable of people really digging in on him just like, well, Howard or Robin or Fred. Jackie was scrutinized at every turn to the point where his wife and his retarded cat also got hit hard as well but because he could take it he made for great fodder. Jackie brought all of that to the forefront and laid it up for sacrifice at the altar and often wrote jokes at his own expense along the way.

Robin walked out. Fred threatened to quit the show. Howard never lets it turn in on him(I PRANK). Artie was coddled from the start. Jackie got it with both barrels every day and never stopped.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

https://www.instagram.com/p/-AVe6RqQQZ/

Well there's an unexpected picture. Hm.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Artie's still laughing about him being there for gay week

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
On that show HPM tried to clarify for the hundredth time that he wasn't actually wearing a red shirt. I was actually expecting a much more exciting show but Mike really didn't add too much after the catching up at the beginning of the podcast.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Does HPM still work for the stern show?

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

GenoCanSing posted:

https://www.instagram.com/p/-AVe6RqQQZ/

Well there's an unexpected picture. Hm.

Artie: don't extend your human being drunk arm to me, that was probably just on a cock, cock is all over your hands and face and mouth and the inside of your throat. and i hope you get AIDS soon, i hope your lover takes the rubber off tonight and fucks you in the rear end with his AIDS-ridden cock and you come in here tomorrow with fuckin sores on your face, 40 fuckin pounds. i'm a gay basher and i'll bash your gay head

Howard: What's goin on here?

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Does HPM still work for the stern show?

Nope. HPM and Artie reconciled before Art left the show too. After Mike came out Artie felt bad about all the vicious anti-gay slurs he threw at him, as well he should...but it's okay to call him a human being if he wasn't actually gay? Hrm, I dunno. I love Art but obviously he's prone to outbursts.

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

Riosan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i4kSeOhmdY

God I loved when the gang goofed on Jackie. I love their impersonation of him and how relentless they were.

Crotch Bat posted:

The beauty of Jackie, and why this puts him over top of Artie to me, is that he could take it. Artie was wholly incapable of people really digging in on him just like, well, Howard or Robin or Fred. Jackie was scrutinized at every turn to the point where his wife and his retarded cat also got hit hard as well but because he could take it he made for great fodder. Jackie brought all of that to the forefront and laid it up for sacrifice at the altar and often wrote jokes at his own expense along the way.

Robin walked out. Fred threatened to quit the show. Howard never lets it turn in on him(I PRANK). Artie was coddled from the start. Jackie got it with both barrels every day and never stopped.
Can you imagine if there was 1/100th of this ball-busting done when Bianca died?

Sasquatch! fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Nov 28, 2015

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
High Pitch Mike sold that tv right? That's the only reason I can think of as to why he wouldn't let anyone see it.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

Your Gay Uncle posted:

High Pitch Mike sold that tv right? That's the only reason I can think of as to why he wouldn't let anyone see it.

I think he didn't want people coming into the apartment he was sharing with his lover as he hadn't come out yet

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I think I've heard this, Artie just barely fuels it, and she keeps going; like he's spitting a tiny bit of gasoline on a fire, and every time he does, the flames just get higher and higher.

Yeah. Artie completely stops because he's about to have a heart attack, but Alice doesn't notice because she's yelling so loud. When they sense she's slowing down a bit, they have Artie yell something that gets her going again. It's loving gold.

And George Takei is there so Artie does Star Trek-themed Crazy Alice impressions, "gently caress the Enterprise! gently caress the Prime Directive! Hi, Spock!"

My favorite Crazy Alice voice mail is like her very first one she leaves after they come to Sirius. She is ranting nonsensical stuff and at one point realizes she hasn't given her Fred a shoutout and goes, "Bye Fred! Hello Fred!"

Caper fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Nov 29, 2015

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Caper posted:

I think he didn't want people coming into the apartment he was sharing with his lover as he hadn't come out yet

Entirely reasonable, but the last time this came up, thread consensus seemed to be that he sold it.

Caper posted:

Yeah. Artie completely stops because he's about to have a heart attack, but Alice doesn't notice because she's yelling so loud. When they sense she's slowing down a bit, they have Artie yell something that gets her going again. It's loving gold.

And George Takei is there so Artie does Star Trek-themed Crazy Alice impressions, "gently caress the Enterprise! gently caress the Prime Directive! Hi, Spock!"

My favorite Crazy Alice voice mail is like her very first one she leaves after they come to Sirius. She is ranting nonsensical stuff and at one point realizes she hasn't given her Fred a shoutout and goes, "Bye Fred! Hello Fred!"

After the Beet, Crazy Alice is my favorite wackpacker. I used to love the early days of the Alice/Artie feud, when they were doing a weekly football pool. Fall of 2002? Good times, man, good times.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Football pool was '06 or '07 because Artie and Alice cursed non-stop and also because I remember Eric was going to get a spot in the pool(chance at 25 DIMES, THAT'S GANGSTER TALK FOR 25 THOUSAND) but didn't because he was his usual terrible self that nobody wants to help. Also because Elliot Offen got Eric's spot and produced a ton of hilarious poo poo that eventually led to his total ban from the show(not just the Sirius building) as he eventually ended up trying to sue Howard and Gary.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Skip My Posts posted:

Artie: don't extend your human being drunk arm to me, that was probably just on a cock, cock is all over your hands and face and mouth and the inside of your throat. and i hope you get AIDS soon, i hope your lover takes the rubber off tonight and fucks you in the rear end with his AIDS-ridden cock and you come in here tomorrow with fuckin sores on your face, 40 fuckin pounds. i'm a gay basher and i'll bash your gay head

Howard: What's goin on here?

Artie getting a makeover from the Queer Eye cast is still one of the most uncomfortable bits ever. Especially when they're all back in the studio and Artie tries to play off all his virulent homophobia as "joking around", except you could tell everyone from the show thought he was a complete and utter pig.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/confidential/beth-stern-outshines-hubby-howard-article-1.2448673

quote:

The new book picks up where “Yoda” left off, and the story is, again, true. Yoda — who was diagnosed with a failing heart until the work of helping Beth foster kittens healed him — is busier than ever looking after kittens when a special new foster animal enters their lives. Buddy, whom Howard named, was found on the side of the road in Miami, suffering from an infection so bad he had to have both eyes removed. Beth got hold of him, brought him home to foster, and he bonded with Yoda, helping to take care of the kittens at the Sterns’ Hamptons manse. (The now-thriving Buddy has his own popular Instagram.)

quote:

Beth was in Palm Beach last week and flew back to New York after a meat-free Thanksgiving (they dined on eggplant parmesan and pasta) with 11 new kittens in tow. But do all the animals make the King of All Media crazy?

“Never. Howard’s always OK. He just looks at me and says, ‘Of course, go get them,’” she says.

While reading this article I could actually hear Artie laughing in the background.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Christ. Does it really make sense to keep alive a cat who needed both eyes removed?

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I'll come to Howard's defense here: blind cats do just fine, and can make great pets. I had a friend who took in a few really sad cases, and the blind kitty was very sweet. She would climb onto your shoulder and purr into your ear. :3:

That said, you are right: we put SO many animals to death that saving any ONE unwanted pet is really pretty pointless, regardless of their health issues. "No Kill Shelters" really just means "We make other shelters do the dirty work".

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

All cats should be sent to kill shelters imho

Howard should have just put a kid in her

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

This is such an understatement. I wonder if he regrets it. Had he given her a baby, say, when they got married, the kid would be like 7 or 8 years old at this point and you can't tell me the upkeep for an elementary school aged child is worse than the 400 cats running around his apartment.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

When they get divorced (it's going to happen eventually) I wonder if Howard will have to pay extra alimony for the cats.

Count me in as someone who does not think a blind cat needs to be killed. All of my pets have been rescues but I don't have 17 of them, nor do I have a ghost writer squeeze out books.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

quote:

“Never. Howard’s always OK. He just looks through me and whispers, ‘Of course, go get them,’” she says.

11 cats in tow, holy poo poo I'm laughing so hard

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

Bonzo posted:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/confidential/beth-stern-outshines-hubby-howard-article-1.2448673

While reading this article I could actually hear Artie laughing in the background.
I'd rather lose $250 million in a divorce than deal with that poo poo, straight up. I'd still be sitting on $250 million so I'll never be hurting, but 11 new cats for one week? No way.

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

All cats should be sent to kill shelters imho

Seriously, in a world with dogs why anyone would get a cat I'll never know. And hell yes I'd take a kid over 48 cats. Just get a full time nanny and stay locked in your basement with the aquariums. Chris Rock was right, "You're going back to Shawshank!" but even he didn't think it would be this bad.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

quote:

David Spade recently recorded the voice of Buddy for the audiobook, Beth tells us

lol. David Spade, cat godfather

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

BobbyK posted:

11 cats in tow, holy poo poo I'm laughing so hard

Howard's life is nothing but Beth's fake smile combined with the horrific and overwhelming smell of cat piss.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
eleven cats

If you had told me when I started listening in 2007 that this would be Howard's future with Beth, I would not be surprised. This is his own hell and he deserves it by not putting a baby in her

ELEVEN CATS

THAT IS A LOT OF PISS AND poo poo

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

CortezFantastic posted:

eleven cats

If you had told me when I started listening in 2007 that this would be Howard's future with Beth, I would not be surprised. This is his own hell and he deserves it by not putting a baby in her

ELEVEN CATS

THAT IS A LOT OF PISS AND poo poo

Remember when Howard flipped out and started saying how everybody wanted to be him? Somehow, I can't help but think this whenever I hear about how lousy his life truly is.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
I wouldn't be surprised if we find out Beth has been sneaking estrogen supplements into Howard's hair dye.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
1 baby is considerably more trouble than 11 cats, someday everyone in this thread may or may not learn this but it's a solid, undeniable fact.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Ether Frenzy posted:

1 baby ...11 cats

Either way there is some middle age Spanish speaking woman cleaning up and doing all the dirty work.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Ether Frenzy posted:

1 baby is considerably more trouble than 11 cats, someday everyone in this thread may or may not learn this but it's a solid, undeniable fact.

1 baby is considerably more trouble than 11 cats if you aren't a multi-millionaire a hundred times over. Have you ever seen those pics of Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt with their brood of 5(ish?) kids? There's a loving army of nannies that follow them everywhere.

I actually think Beth would be a great mom, she seems really caring and attentive but she's also not that dumb and paying for a live-in nanny would be easy and affordable and able to keep her from going insane because you know she wouldn't be able to pawn the baby off on Howard for a few hours while she tries to relax.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

Bonzo posted:

Either way there is some middle age Spanish speaking woman cleaning up and doing all the dirty work.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/beth-ostrosky-stern-crazy-cat-lady-article-1.2361539

quote:

Herding those cats is almost a full-time job, the actress adds, with hired help to watch the kittens so she could make a pilgrimage to the Angel Sanchez show Tuesday.

"They are supervised constantly," Stern said. "We have full-time coverage with the kittens."

How did cats ever survive outside? ALONE?!

e; I just realized they also called Beth and actress

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Dr.Caligari posted:

Well, she must be good at acting like she likes Howard, right?

(too easy)

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Ether Frenzy posted:

I don't think a baby was ever part of this equation. No way these two people deserve to raise a kid. Beth should have figured that out long before she accepted, and Howard probably shouldn't have gotten married knowing her clock was ticking. Two idiots now making due thanks to their poor decisionmaking.

Which is pretty loving funny, really, considering how Howard claims to be a ringleader of freaks when he's pretty much the biggest one.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Ether Frenzy posted:

Children are worth having, cats are not

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Dr.Caligari posted:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/beth-ostrosky-stern-crazy-cat-lady-article-1.2361539

How did cats ever survive outside? ALONE?!

I leave my cat and dog in the house by themselves when I'm at work. Someone call PETA.

Hasn't she only been in one movie? Also her modeling career must have been lovely. I remember she would show up early at various things and the photographers would basically use her for B roll.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Bonzo posted:

I leave my cat and dog in the house by themselves when I'm at work. Someone call PETA.

Hasn't she only been in one movie? Also her modeling career must have been lovely. I remember she would show up early at various things and the photographers would basically use her for B roll.

She was a working model, so that means advertising and the like. It isn't super lucrative but it is steady work if you make the right contacts and have the right look.

I know she was doing so work on Letterman before she met Howard as well. As soon as it came out that she was dating Howard it was all over. Her dating him was the worst thing for her career and best thing for her pocketbook.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Or you know Howard could have found a woman that wasnt a crazy cat lady and alredy had/didnt want kids.

He got suckered big time.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I don't even really understand why he got married. The guy had a long term marriage, three kids, is worth tons of dough, accomplished everything he ever wanted... why get re-married to a c-tier model? If I had enough money for a $50 million Palm Beach house, I'd be swimming in so much poon I wouldn't remember how to spell cat.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

kylej posted:

I don't even really understand why he got married. The guy had a long term marriage, three kids, is worth tons of dough, accomplished everything he ever wanted... why get re-married to a c-tier model? If I had enough money for a $50 million Palm Beach house, I'd be swimming in so much poon I wouldn't remember how to spell cat.

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

kylej posted:

Young us would be doing that. I can see where someone his age with his work schedule doesn't want to chase pussy forever. I think he was more than happy just living together for the rest of their lives but she probably just wore him down eventually on the marriage, same deal as the cat. He said he would never remarry then he said he'd never get a cat but I can't bust on him for that because women slowly eroding the wall men put up on a subject is in essentially every relationship out there. Nobody is immune to that stuff, it's like trying to fight the tides.

In total fairness to him he did become a big horndog for a solid year after the divorce, he's just clearly not the type like say, Ronnie, who wants to be doing that stuff forever.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Nov 30, 2015