Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

G0RF posted:

Former CIG Employee Alyssa Delhotal appears on INN's "Beefcast".

I have to assume there's no Star Citizen discussion but I'm listening to it in the background. I'm just really surprised Alyssa wouldn't be persona not grata at this point with pro-tier Star Citizen propagandists. I wonder if Sandi will punish them for their consorting with the enemy?

"Dolvak charms by recounting a make-out scene between a 13 year old human girl and Sonic the Hedgehog in a Sonic game."

Dolvak's voice is more pathetic than I thought it was. Like, it feels like his chubby face is actually impeding his ability to speak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

D_Smart posted:

And it's two magazines btw. Even Gamestar, one of the biggest in Germany, said the same thing in their latest issue. They didn't see any gameplay and don't believe SQ42 will ever see the light of day in 2016.

It was (at least a few years ago) the biggest in Europe, so its nice to see them making GBS threads on SC. (They're also really really good)

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Ravane posted:

I know nothing about computers besides microsoft word and adobe reader. Anyway, why can't Christ "MMO - Mo Money 0 Problems" Roberts do instancing the same way Elite or Dark Souls does it. Those games don't require MMO framework, and I've never had lag on dark souls. I thought that's what they were originally doing, doesn't seem like that's the case any more given how many people are playing at the same time.

What the hell? If you haven't been backstabbed by someone 5 meters in front of you in Dark Souls I doubt you have been playing multiplayer.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Xaerael posted:

Oh hey, people are talking about screen makeup tattoos, I know about this poo poo!

So, yes. It's actually TECHNICALLY very permanent in the short term (assuming it's a proper one). It should be one done in the Christien Tinsley way, which is effectively a super thin decal that's bonded to the skin with a prosthetic grade adhesive called ProsAide. The Tat should, in theory, stand up to a hell of a lot of punishment, including washing and general wear, they're the same as the ones used all over Sons of Anarchy. The idea is you can apply the tat and it'll do for a few days filming, which helps with screen continuity and production costs.

Now, what's curious is she's either due to return to the production company to do more of whatever she was doing and they're being super cheapskate, or she's chosen to keep it till it wears off which is weird since you can feel them on your skin, they're super bad for your skin over long durations, and they can be quite sticky, since they are effectively made from a thin layer of contact cement. The decals are super easy to remove with the standard ProsAide remover, and you don't need any training to remove them, since it's more or less the same process as removing regular makeup.

A cool factoid is the process was developed further into 3D "decals", where Tinsley worked out that you could add cabosil to ProsAide and freeze it in a mould, the result was you could make a prosthetic transfer of any size/depth, which was super flexible and literally made from the same glue that you'd use to fix it to your model. The process has been used in everything from doing "heavy tattoos" (the sort that are so dense they are raised off the skin) to Drax's ritual scarring in GotG, to Jesus's wounds in Passion of Christ (which the technique was originally pioneered for).

:eng101:

Stuff like this is why I love this thread.

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

D_Smart posted:

And it's two magazines btw. Even Gamestar, one of the biggest in Germany, said the same thing in their latest issue. They didn't see any gameplay and don't believe SQ42 will ever see the light of day in 2016.

Interesting, so Gamestar really said that?

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!

Wuxi posted:

It was (at least a few years ago) the biggest in Europe, so its nice to see them making GBS threads on SC. (They're also really really good)

They didn't really poo poo on SC, regardless of them being unable to play anything for themselves - the article was rather positive and did not contain any critical stance against SC or raised any questions for that matter. It's clear that they aren't going to break their exclusive relation with CIG. They also claimed in the article that they have been told that CIG devs are able to play through all missions that make the first campaign as they exist in rudimentary state.

sorla78 fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Nov 29, 2015

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Ravane posted:

I know nothing about computers besides microsoft word and adobe reader. Anyway, why can't Christ "MMO - Mo Money 0 Problems" Roberts do instancing the same way Elite or Dark Souls does it. Those games don't require MMO framework, and I've never had lag on dark souls. I thought that's what they were originally doing, doesn't seem like that's the case any more given how many people are playing at the same time.

CIG needs to somehow make a game that fits the criteria of one world seamless mutlicrew capship fleet versus seamless multicrew capship fleet while keeping it under whatever line the technology of today will force without, of course, taking a single step back on the level of fidelity that he has in mind.

So far I think it's looking pretty good. 2.0 has made me hopeful for the game to launch commercially at the end of 2016 with 108 man fights happening around the clock involving dozens of fighters circling lumbering capships with everyone flicking buttons and running around turning the lights on and off etc.

That is, of course, if not for the terrible thing that will make the game impossible to finish. Which I can't wait to hear about when Chris Roberts explains how he was unable to overcome an unforeseeable obstacle which took everything right out of his hands in a fashion almost entirely similar to Freelancer. But it's ok, because he'll be taking a break from making games to get back into cinema, with a brand new mocap studio and production offices in the heart of Tinseltown California. Where dreams are made.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Iglocska posted:

Interesting, so Gamestar really said that?

That's what this guy says.

quote:

Well, the author said he couldn't play or see any mission footage and because of that he guesses it will still take much time. He wouldn't be surprised by a delay to 2017. All of the info was gathered from talking to Chris and Erin. However seeing 2.0 IMO 2016 can be realistic, at least gameplay wise. If they can edit all the mocap in that time, fall 2016 may be what we are looking at (hopefully).

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

sorla78 posted:

They didn't really poo poo on SC, regardless of them being unable to play anything for themselves - the article was rather positive and did not contain any critical stance against SC or raised any questions for that matter. It's clear that they aren't going to break their exclusive relation with CIG. They also claimed in the article that they have been told that CIG devs are able to play through all missions that make the first campaign as they exist in rudimentary state.

Yeah, but if they get exclusive infos and still think its not going to get released before 2017, then we get at least another year of this shitshow. Or they go broke before that, which would be even funnier.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

MrBadidea posted:

Can confirm. Just add a touch of "Oh god, when this implodes it stands a good chance of loving over video game crowdfunding for a while" to round it off.

It really is a huge waste that they got coverage in 2 major mags and showed nothing. It didn't even help SC because there was no gameplay shown. Late 2016 to 2017 isn't going to get new backers, as why should they donate when the project already has 98+ million and showed nothing. And like I said before, actors don't move units in video games. It was a novelty 15 years ago but now it is routine. Better to hire experienced voice actors over someone like Gary Oldman. (Mark Hamill doesn't count obviously). What a huge missed opportunity that could have been better spent on projects that are less publicized but need the attention.

I don't think it will kill crowd funding completely, it will make it much harder for a has-been to get money without any recent success. It will also make it harder for those without a track record in crowd funding to make money. Then there is the issue of the government (or governments) if it collapses completely and isn't just a poo poo pile they release to cover their rear end. Authorities don't tend to look past 100 million dollar collapses.

pftc
Oct 1, 2015

Ben doesn't know what's going on.

The problem was solved, then it wasn't solved.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/5988224/#Comment_5988224

Only registered members can see post attachments!

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I still don't get what Lesnick is developing apart from diabetes.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Dusty Lens posted:

CIG needs to somehow make a game that fits the criteria of one world seamless mutlicrew capship fleet versus seamless multicrew capship fleet while keeping it under whatever line the technology of today will force without, of course, taking a single step back on the level of fidelity that he has in mind.

So far I think it's looking pretty good. 2.0 has made me hopeful for the game to launch commercially at the end of 2016 with 108 man fights happening around the clock involving dozens of fighters circling lumbering capships with everyone flicking buttons and running around turning the lights on and off etc.

That is, of course, if not for the terrible thing that will make the game impossible to finish. Which I can't wait to hear about when Chris Roberts explains how he was unable to overcome an unforeseeable obstacle which took everything right out of his hands in a fashion almost entirely similar to Freelancer. But it's ok, because he'll be taking a break from making games to get back into cinema, with a brand new mocap studio and production offices in the heart of Tinseltown California. Where dreams are made.

The capship combat is pretty interesting because there's nothing preventing CIG from using some kind of game element to keep the big ships in two completely different instances, thousands of kilometers away from each other. Maybe quantum drives can't handle something that large being that close and "quantum interference" prevents too much of a congregation. Hell you can do the same thing at the small ship level as well; once too many ships are in the same furball nobody else can join because then Bad Things Would Happen. Capital ship combat could also be completely different from starfighter combat, operating at a much slower time scale where firing solutions and predictions play a role. Capital grade weapons like railguns could take seconds or even minutes to cross the vast distances involved. Torpedoes could now become interesting weapons designed to rapidly cross that void and present a major threat to capital ships during combat; perhaps torpedoes are different from missiles because they carry quantum drives.

Then again I'm not a game designer so I'm sure there's all sorts of reasons this idea is terrible.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Dusty Lens posted:

How are they going to release SQ42, which by all indications barely exists (it might just be CIG's incompetence though), and upgrade 2.0 to support massive battles when people can't even finish 1 mission at this point? And flesh it out to be interesting and add more ships?

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Get me started on the awesome connection between Yoda and the puppets from Dark Crystal for some really fun stuff. Yoda was a prototype for the puppets from DC, made as a trade along with the puppeteering skills of Frank Oz for Gary Kurtz to go and work on DC. Yoda was Sculpted by Brian Froud's (the illustrative designer of DC) future wife, Wendy Midnener

I've actually done a live commentary on DC at a student event because of my stupidly deep knowledge about it.

I'm just an SFX nerd, really.

MrBadidea
Apr 1, 2009

Dapper Dan posted:

It will also make it harder for those without a track record in crowd funding to make money.

That's the core issue digging at the team I'm working with now when we talk about SC. We've managed to potter through a year of working on a project for ourselves, funded entirely out of our own pockets. We've got to fight hard for even the smallest interest to be paid to us from the big boy publisher table (and :lol: at some of the ridiculous offers we've been given; "we'll fund you but you have to raise 50-75% of it through kickstarter also we would own the IP also gently caress you").

We're gonna make it to a few months out before release before we have to actually start trying to gather cash together to cover all the costs that last push is going to incur, and it's highly likely this clusterfuck is going to implode around the same time we'll need to hit up the kickstarter begging line to make it to the finish line.... I can see the purse strings being very, very tight in the wake of such a massively publicised and crowdfunded game going to poo poo.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Dapper Dan posted:

How are they going to release SQ42, which by all indications barely exists (it might just be CIG's incompetence though), and upgrade 2.0 to support massive battles when people can't even finish 1 mission at this point? And flesh it out to be interesting and add more ships?

I honestly don't know. As much of a letdown as it was CIG made a smart move by ripping the whole "Your buddy can coopt a wingman and fly with you" feature from S42, which I sure massively simplified the question of making the game actually function. But I have no idea how they plan to actually roll a functioning single player game out of this mess unless what we're exposed to in S42 is exceedingly bare bones. Consisting of the Idris, that mining station, one or two solar systems and a handful of Vanduul ships that exist as shells with their only internal sets being placeholders used in cutscenes.

Even the hilarious animations can be glossed over so long as all of the NPCs are essentially on rails or acting out their respective motion captures and you're fixed to first person.

Everything else, possibly even extending to the Bengal, will be reserved for "episode 2" of the already announced trilogy. Unless that has been expanded upon even further.

I feel that if they try to pull off something like that there's a chance they might make it in under the window. I can see that being a plan that gets approved up and down most of the chain, even if the end result is only a few hours of gameplay. I imagine a fair chunk of the playerbase would be ok with it as well so long as they were offered a discount on the second episode (which original backers already have) and a very sincere promise that much, much more is just around the corner.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Wuxi posted:

Yeah, but if they get exclusive infos and still think its not going to get released before 2017, then we get at least another year of this shitshow. Or they go broke before that, which would be even funnier.

Ac 2.0 is something that people will be able to play, you can see potential in it the same way people can figure out the purpose of broken Roman pottery, assuming they stop it crashing. There's really no reason CIG would want this to end abruptly, they can cut headcount costs and survive on what they raise each month. I think they've bought themselves a lot of time and it would be unpredictable (legally and crazy fan-wise) for them to have the project suddenly fail.

The only thing that might upset that is whatever Derek does or doesn't do legally.

Sale has been good, there's a day left and probably Monday too, they are currently 1.8 million short of target, considering the game was meant to be out 12 months ago I think they'll be happy with that. I have no clue what all the counter business is about, I'd have thought you wouldn't have counted money until it had been confirmed, but :CIG:

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!

There is also this one, which was posted a couple of days earlier that holds a bit more information, I liked the bit about work on Vanduul ship interiours not having started yet. I assume that this relates to the cap-ships.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3tzawh/preview_two_pages_german_of_a_gamestar_article_on/cxaiqp4

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

happyhippy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyPoaVRErE0

Meanwhile over in E:D.

That's some impressive LoD poo poo.

Holy hell, that's impressive.

I really need to load up ED again to see whats been updated.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

MrBadidea posted:

Can confirm. Just add a touch of "Oh god, when this implodes it stands a good chance of loving over video game crowdfunding for a while" to round it off.
This is why I'm lurking around this thread. I've got no interest in Star Citizen the game but the shockwaves when this thing goes down aren't going to be contained to just that (well that and the funding model fascinates and horrifies me).

Dapper Dan posted:

I don't think it will kill crowd funding completely, it will make it much harder for a has-been to get money without any recent success. It will also make it harder for those without a track record in crowd funding to make money.
My gut feeling is the more indie type crowdfunded games will go on much like they have, being in a somewhat different world, but I agree with what you said for the medium-to-large projects.

Basically if you're planning a crowdfunding project of any significant size, if at all possible I'd be getting it out sooner rather than later.

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

sorla78 posted:

There is also this one, which was posted a couple of days earlier that holds a bit more information, I liked the bit about work on Vanduul ship interiours not having started yet. I assume that this relates to the cap-ships.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3tzawh/preview_two_pages_german_of_a_gamestar_article_on/cxaiqp4

That doesn't sound too bad actually.

quote:

Gamestar was not able to see or play any missions for themselves, however they were told that the Devs already can play (rudimentary) all missions of the campaign.

If they really have a first version of each of the campaign missions playable then that's actually pretty good, however I have my doubts...

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
It's now two years since I started selling my ships, trying to at least break even to avoid the danger of a terrible DFM release in December 2013 that might crash the market. I think there's a good chance in November 2016 I'll be making more boring sale posts and watching another 5000 Phoenix's go on sale, they might even have finished the Phoenix redesign by then.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

AP posted:

It's now two years since I started selling my ships, trying to at least break even to avoid the danger of a terrible DFM release in December 2013 that might crash the market. I think there's a good chance in November 2016 I'll be making more boring sale posts and watching another 5000 Phoenix's go on sale, they might even have finished the Phoenix redesign by then.

It's going to be hard to compete with 4 year insurance at the anniversary sale.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I gotta admit, I was kinda :smith: for ever bringing it up in the first place...but that post immediately made me :unsmith:

The more you know, and all that.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Lemon King posted:

Holy hell, that's impressive.

I really need to load up ED again to see whats been updated.

Well to be fair that's part of the paid expansion that's coming out "holiday 2015" (beta drops Monday). Depending on when you bought into E:D you might have access to it.

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010

sorla78 posted:

Just a small note that haven't finalized the Vanduul interiour style != have not started. We've seen that they do white boxing on the interiors before the art pass is done.
Early in design: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ztoZfTZRw0&t=21m08s
A little further: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY6nJOLn6dk
Interior/Exterior completed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3BTp2I1mJk

In terms of capital ships: The Idris is getting its art pass. On FD42 side, they're doing the interior for the Stanton.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Loiosh posted:

Just a small note that haven't finalized the Vanduul interiour style != have not started. We've seen that they do white boxing on the interiors before the art pass is done.
Early in design: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ztoZfTZRw0&t=21m08s
A little further: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY6nJOLn6dk
Interior/Exterior completed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3BTp2I1mJk

In terms of capital ships: The Idris is getting its art pass. On FD42 side, they're doing the interior for the Stanton.

Jared was also kind enough to provide us with very early examples of most of the ships. For example here is the Kingship. Thanks Jared!

janssendalt
May 7, 2015

Dusty Lens posted:

It's going to be hard to compete with 4 year insurance at the anniversary sale.

you only have 4 posts in the RSI forums?
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/profile/comments/284450/DustyLens

what the poo poo?

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

ZenMaster posted:

http://tinypic.com/r/14sf5ub/9

I am just going to set this suspicious package down right here and run away.

My video skills pale to Boocha's. :(

gif as well, cause why the heck not.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/profile/24862/INACTIVE_DustyLens

My original account was locked when I received my refund. I can assure you it's not worth looking at, my posts are universally terrible regardless of the forum.

Looking over the old org page is pretty sad. What might have been.

I do still adore our old cover image

Kudos to the goon who made the original Ben cones.

Dusty Lens fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Nov 29, 2015

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
I know it's fun to shitpost about crashing but I'm quite sure every major game in existence had this kind of crashing in pre-alpha. Give it a month or two.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Alexander DeLarge posted:

I know it's fun to shitpost about crashing but I'm quite sure every major game in existence had this kind of crashing in pre-alpha. Give it a month or two.

A game that crashes with the tenacity, ferocity and mediocrity of Star Citizen is a rare retarded star baby that should not be confused with the mewling attempts of other games to crawl out of the primordial games development ooze.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

CIG themselves says that not only are they in alpha, but they've been in alpha for nearly a year. So yeah they deserve all the poo poo they're getting.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

MrBadidea posted:

That's the core issue digging at the team I'm working with now when we talk about SC. We've managed to potter through a year of working on a project for ourselves, funded entirely out of our own pockets. We've got to fight hard for even the smallest interest to be paid to us from the big boy publisher table (and :lol: at some of the ridiculous offers we've been given; "we'll fund you but you have to raise 50-75% of it through kickstarter also we would own the IP also gently caress you").

We're gonna make it to a few months out before release before we have to actually start trying to gather cash together to cover all the costs that last push is going to incur, and it's highly likely this clusterfuck is going to implode around the same time we'll need to hit up the kickstarter begging line to make it to the finish line.... I can see the purse strings being very, very tight in the wake of such a massively publicised and crowdfunded game going to poo poo.

I understand why you would be nervous, but unless you are asking for a large amount (high five, low six) you might be ok, as well as realistic and honest with your goals. More transparency and an actual plan of what you are going to do with the money would help a long way.

Dusty Lens posted:

I honestly don't know. As much of a letdown as it was CIG made a smart move by ripping the whole "Your buddy can coopt a wingman and fly with you" feature from S42, which I sure massively simplified the question of making the game actually function. But I have no idea how they plan to actually roll a functioning single player game out of this mess unless what we're exposed to in S42 is exceedingly bare bones. Consisting of the Idris, that mining station, one or two solar systems and a handful of Vanduul ships that exist as shells with their only internal sets being placeholders used in cutscenes.

Even the hilarious animations can be glossed over so long as all of the NPCs are essentially on rails or acting out their respective motion captures and you're fixed to first person.

Everything else, possibly even extending to the Bengal, will be reserved for "episode 2" of the already announced trilogy. Unless that has been expanded upon even further.

I feel that if they try to pull off something like that there's a chance they might make it in under the window. I can see that being a plan that gets approved up and down most of the chain, even if the end result is only a few hours of gameplay. I imagine a fair chunk of the playerbase would be ok with it as well so long as they were offered a discount on the second episode (which original backers already have) and a very sincere promise that much, much more is just around the corner.

The problem is from what we've been hearing, they are constantly re-working the motion capture or don't have the talent to finish it up in a timely matter and there is no way in hell Chris is shipping the first part without his precious mo-cap. I'd even say that SQ42 might resemble a Tell-Tale game, but if they aren't getting the mo-cap in, then I don't know what they are going to do. I honestly don't see it. If you can't offer even five minutes of gameplay for a cover story on your game, that's a red flag, especially if you are a first time crowd-funded studio with no publisher to push you.

Wait, they're charging for the second episode? Not going the Tell-Tale route and going 'pay once, get all the other episodes'? Does this game have the most exploitative loving funding models in existence? Holy poo poo.

Iglocska posted:

If they really have a first version of each of the campaign missions playable then that's actually pretty good, however I have my doubts...

If they had a first version of each of the campaign missions complete, they could have easily polished one up to demonstrate to the journalist. Or even just a section of one, a space battle or something. But they didn't. Why would they not do that? The Warhammer MMO, when it was pre-alpha, had a Chaos Fortress set-up and you could play as a Space Marine. It looked unfinished, but it was there and it was something.

Again, it might be true, but every answer ends with 'CIG is incompetent'.

Trapezium Dave posted:

This is why I'm lurking around this thread. I've got no interest in Star Citizen the game but the shockwaves when this thing goes down aren't going to be contained to just that (well that and the funding model fascinates and horrifies me).

My gut feeling is the more indie type crowdfunded games will go on much like they have, being in a somewhat different world, but I agree with what you said for the medium-to-large projects.

Basically if you're planning a crowdfunding project of any significant size, if at all possible I'd be getting it out sooner rather than later.

Thinking on it, I can imagine them putting band-aids on 2.0, releasing a lovely version of SQ42 and considering their game 'released', while they continue to milk money from their backers with ships and credits and massive micro-transactions. Who will then consider themselves 'customers', thereby psychologically freeing them from the 'backer' mentality. This will allow them to spend more money, because, hey, the game is done and they are customers now! It will also alleviate any criticism that Star Citizen isn't done. It is a shipped product and it might be crap, they can use the excuse that they are always continuing to improve while keeping the same dysfunctional process they are using now, only with even less pressure to actually fix things.

The whole exercise reminds me of lovely free to play games made by the Russian mob to steal credit card numbers and get easy cash except this time its nerds slobbering over Chris Roberts' cock.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I really really enjoyed Elite Dangerous but I would often turn in a mission at a base and there wouldn't be an available mission (because my standings weren't high enough) which is really offputting because then I have to go land at another station to maybe get a mission so I stopped playing as much

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

He's right guys afterall the pyramids weren't built in a day cut CIG some slack.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

They've been developing the game for 3-4 years and 95+ million dollars later all they have to show for it is a buggy proof of concept. They deserve all the poo poo they are getting.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/299914/my-citizen-card-is-flaking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

trucutru posted:

What the hell? If you haven't been backstabbed by someone 5 meters in front of you in Dark Souls I doubt you have been playing multiplayer.

I only recently picked up Dark Souls. I lost against the first three guys who invaded me. But then I beat the next three guys because as soon as I saw the "You have been invaded" text, I ran to the closest cramped area because I can't dodge for poo poo, and if I can force the opponent to not be able to dodge roll either, I actually have a chance at winning. In all six of those fights, I haven't once experienced lag, even when I'm summoned or summoning. I have a pretty great connection though.

• Locked thread