Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

A lot of talk about what the fallout from RSI collapsing would cause. My big fear is that a politician opens up the WSJ or FT, sees the headline: "Largest Crowdfunding Campaign Collapses: +$100M of Public Money Gone" and thinks ":morning: uhh well let's just treat all crowdfunded projects as listed corporations. Problem solved! Off to my next campaign event."

That would effectively kill crowdfunding, as no one except an already existing public company would be able to afford doing a Financial and Internal Control audit for a small endeavor.

Oh and I haven't had the chance to say this: go gently caress yourself, Karl.

SirPhoebos fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Nov 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Karl says that reddit is an open minded discussion platform despite the fact that literally the only thing you see by default in reddit are the upvoted comments and the downvoted ones are actively hidden, no matter when the posts were actually made

whereas Something Awful, everyones posts (bad or good) is shown as part of the ongoing discussion

im p sure the echochamber is the place that hides unpopular comments Karl, I hope this helps you on your life journey

something awful is way more of an open discussion forum because the majority of users can't silence the minority

Go gently caress yourself, Karl!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im gonna be sad if there are posts on this page that don't have the phrase

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

:stonklol:

edit: go gently caress yourself karl

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Would anyone be surprised if seraph is Karl

Gfyk

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Google Butt posted:

Would anyone be surprised if seraph is Karl

Go gently caress yourself Karlaph

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

man, a post wasn't up to the standards of known reddit user poopcoveredmonkey

gfyk

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Lime Tonics posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9WFw56Mv1w

Quality.

I'm watching a french stream on twitch and it seems like the enemy spaceships have like 400000% more health now. Missiles and other stuff just aren't damaging enough anymore.

I must have slept through that part. Along with the rest of the movie.

Go gently caress yourself, Karl.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

SirPhoebos posted:

A lot of talk about what the fallout from RSI collapsing would cause. My big fear is that a politician opens up the WSJ or FT, sees the headline: "Largest Crowdfunding Campaign Collapses: +$100M of Public Money Gone" and thinks ":morning: uhh well let's just treat all crowdfunded projects as listed corporations. Problem solved! Off to my next campaign event."

That would effectively kill crowdfunding, as no one except an already existing public company would be able to afford doing a Financial and Internal Control audit for a small endeavor.

Oh and I haven't had the chance to say this: go gently caress yourself, Karl.

would it be possible to codify in the law that kickstarter must provide that service?

also I prefer gfyk because the more times we actually say his name the more powerful he becomes, like some sort of demigod of shitposting

bumbles
Nov 26, 2015

by Lowtax

Holy fuckballs

Citizen, step away from the computer.

edit: also, go gently caress yourself Karl

bumbles fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Nov 29, 2015

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances

Eonwe posted:

im gonna be sad if there are posts on this page that don't have the phrase

Reddit is leading you to hatred and the dark side, spinning elephant man :(

I hope you find your peace in the verse again.

Namaste

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014
Sick of "vinegar and oil delight"?

Here's an alternative.

Wasabi Dressing

150ml of Sour cream
Wasabi (to taste)
Salt
Pepper (squish your own)
1/2 clove garlic, minced

Simply mix and serve. Adjust to taste.

Almost everything works with it, but dry some sliced tomatoes and red onions. Works well with spicy chicken wings (a recipe for another time).

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

/Idea/ - Real Internet in your ship

Regig race

Call signs on ships and helmets

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

That letter will never die.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

I think the worst aspect of star citizen is that it encourages you to make the game in your mind. It allows these spergs to envision it as a true second life in space. When the game either fails or is released as a piece of garbage, these people are going to break because their dream was crushed.

Looking at the posts like "this is my vision" shows that there so little substantiated anything that these idiots are constantly pushing their hearts and souls into their own IDEA of what the game will be.

Christ... citizens are the loving Jay Gatsby and they are going to die... we need to help them!

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Karl i heard isis was looking for public figure head stalkers just like you :)
i bet they would thrilled by your qualifications as german scientology auditor

Go gently caress yourself Karl or maybe you want to refer youself as matilda?

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
Karl likes defending Sandi's honor alot. gfyk.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Enchanted Hat posted:

Reddit is leading you to hatred and the dark side, spinning elephant man :(

I hope you find your peace in the verse again.

Namaste

gfyk

also im not mad, im just sitting here on a nice cool sunday afternoon shitposting

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Open letter from a long time supporter to Chris Roberts posted:

To Chris Roberts & the rest of the Star Citizen team / community

Lately I've seen article after article, youtube video after youtube video, reddit after reddit, and negative review after review on the status of Star Citizen. There are many in the community that backed during Kickstarter & feel they're justified in their righteous wrath that this game is off original schedule, and has just become the worlds largest fanboy cash grab in the history of video games. However, I am not one of them and to anyone reading this I hope you're not one of them as well. Below is my reasoning and my "open letter" post:

I'm an old school gamer. I've played 4872 video game titles to completion, to include almost every MMO ever released. Time & time again corporate greed & cutthroat scheduling has ruined game after game. What "could have been" turned into the casuals playing for 3-5 months & leaving, the hard cores consuming all content like locusts (this includes streamers) then leaving within 3-6 months, and the intended video game experience being 50% of what it was supposed to be, followed by endles DLC content cash grabs to keep the game afloat.

A LOT of people are angry and impatient for Star Citizen to release. A LOT of people are furious that the game keeps getting pushed and pushed, alpha modules are pushed, there isn't enough content to be seen! 99 Million dollars?!?! Where is the content??!?! However, I take a completely different view. I don't care if the game is released in 2016 or if its released in 2018. I don't care if you release the game in modules or all together - As long as you get it right!! I've played every Alpha, every Beta, every cash grab, and every fanboy game. I'm tired of jumping from title to title Mr. Roberts, and I'm not the only one that feels this way. Whenever Star Citizen is released I will play it and support it, because I love sci fi MMOs, and because the "INTENT" with Star Citizen is a game that will finally be everything an online game CAN be and SHOULD be. Not a game that a corporate board member suffered me to have, not a game that was released before it was ready to appease investors, because the subscribers (supporters) ARE the investors.

So myself (and a large number of people) say keep working, get it right, and release it when its RIGHT. Release it when its READY. Because the community will either stand or it will fall, and the game will be held up not by the casuals or the streamers, or the video game reviewers. It will be held up by the core player community base. OR, the game can be released too early because too many whiners and too many reviewers give negative horrible reviews out of frustration. This isn't High School. Unfortunately Chris Roberts & his team take the brunt of all of that negativity & frustration. So to the Star Citizen team: "Keep it up, ignore all the haters, and know that there are supporters out there cheering you on to get it right the first time, no matter how long it takes. Make sure your dream is a reality and not a fragmented rushed product of what it could've been. We're thankful for what you're doing."

P.S: I'm not a fanboy. Never understood the mentality behind fanboy(ism). I'm just a gamer that wants the developer to get it right for the gamers, instead of corporate headquarters.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Open letter from a long time supporter to Chris Roberts

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Open letter from a long time supporter to Chris Roberts posted:

GFYK

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

quote:

I've played 4872 video game titles to completion, to include almost every MMO ever released.

WAT.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Yeah well I've played at least 42069 video games to completion including every MMO twice.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

This poster is far more honest with themselves:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/300274/i-am-a-fanboy-and-you-can-kiss-my

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Mirificus posted:

quote:

I've played 4872 video game titles to completion, to include almost every MMO ever released.

Yeah, I bet he's played every MMO to completion. How do you even do that? Play until the servers die I guess?

gfyk

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Until he reaches completion

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

Why doesn't this dude just loving play EVE already?

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Rudager posted:

EVE is an actual game. Which is a no joke pretty major problem for people who have decided to buy into the Star Citizen mythos. gfyk etc.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
An open letter to Chris Roberts, please rescue me from the crushing insight that I can't replace real life with a dumb online video game. Please take as many decades as necessary so that I never have to save myself from myself. P.S. the reason I'm like this is because of EA games.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

Rudager posted:

something about goons ruin everything

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

A Neurotic Jew posted:

An open letter to Chris Roberts, please rescue me from the crushing insight that I can't replace real life with a dumb online video game. Please take as many decades as necessary so that I never have to save myself from myself. P.S. the reason I'm like this is because of EA games.

Open letter posted:

I'm tired of jumping from title to title Mr. Roberts, and I'm not the only one that feels this way.

They just want to settle down with one game for the rest of their life.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Tippis posted:

In other words, they look absolutely nothing like the asteroid thickets you see in space fiction: they are far too dense, they have far too large objects in them, while at the same time having far too few small objects, and they show up in the most nonsensical of places (such as in this case, where they appear around an asteroid-sized moon).

So yes, it's the same idiocy, only shifted to something else in an attempt to keep a cinematic visual that makes about as much sense as the aforementioned visual of ships falling “down” when shot.
This is an image of Saturn's rings from the short film Wanderers, which took pains to be scientifically accurate so as far as I know it's a plausible rendition.

I'm not arguing that Star Citizen is anywhere close to realistic, I'm arguing that you're sperging so hard about realism that you're actually coming out at the other end and being just as wrong about ring systems as most sci fi is about asteroid fields.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
derek smart is just a plant to undermine Star Citizen's rep with goons and get them to all get refunds that way when the game comes out the goons will be a nonfactor

:smuggo:

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler
How could we be so blind!?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Eonwe posted:

derek smart is just a plant to undermine Star Citizen's rep with goons and get them to all get refunds that way when the game comes out the goons will be a nonfactor

Not having thousands "invested" in Star Citizen is a risk I'm just going to have to run, it may be something I deeply regret and boy would I feel silly.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mirificus posted:

They just want to settle down with one game for the rest of their life.

And much like those creepy guys that "just want to settle down" they are going to be friendzoned by the one they love.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Eonwe posted:

If successful, dr. Smart stands to win twice his $250 investment

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Jethro_E7 posted:

Sick of "vinegar and oil delight"?

Here's an alternative.

Wasabi Dressing

150ml of Sour cream
Wasabi (to taste)
Salt
Pepper (squish your own)
1/2 clove garlic, minced

Simply mix and serve. Adjust to taste.

Almost everything works with it, but dry some sliced tomatoes and red onions. Works well with spicy chicken wings (a recipe for another time).

Had everything at hand so i decided to try it with some chipotle smoked wings.

Its.. Unique to say the least. Might be an acquired taste. I had better results by using it as a mayo for the chips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

AP posted:

Not having thousands "invested" in Star Citizen is a risk I'm just going to have to run, it may be something I deeply regret and boy would I feel silly.

brave

• Locked thread