Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
There's a mod I'd be interested in, and I'm hoping someone's already made it, or something like it. Specifically, I'd like a mod where an admin can spawn in some sort of device and load it with a block, and it will then produce that block indefinitely right on top of it. Players can harvest the block in the usual way, but it'll immediately respawn. I think it'd make an interesting middle ground between just handing out resources (because you'll still need the right tools to harvest the block) and 'where the hell is that fuckoffium?' Any suggestions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

I'm fairly sure you could do that with just command blocks, although I'll admit I've never used them myself.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
You can fake it with Thermal Expansion. Autonomous Activator hooked into a large repository of the item via itemduct as well as a creative energy cube, set to place the block in front and above itself so it can't be accessed by enterprising and quick players. Encase in bedrock or ward everything using Thaumcraft.

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference

Sage Grimm posted:

You can fake it with Thermal Expansion. Autonomous Activator hooked into a large repository of the item via itemduct as well as a creative energy cube, set to place the block in front and above itself so it can't be accessed by enterprising and quick players. Encase in bedrock or ward everything using Thaumcraft.
A creative strongbox will supply unlimited items and you can us a signalum lock for that, the Autonomous Activator and the cube.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
So there's a lot of options for arcane workshop and infusion improvement through various thaumcraft addons, but are there any ways to make crucible crafting either automated or more precise?

Herp derp, automated alchemy is a thing. My bad.

Falcon2001 fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Nov 30, 2015

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Falcon2001 posted:

So there's a lot of options for arcane workshop and infusion improvement through various thaumcraft addons, but are there any ways to make crucible crafting either automated or more precise?

Herp derp, automated alchemy is a thing. My bad.
considering the way thaumcraft hides stuff, it's not a dumb question at all.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
Assuming I make a tutorial world in BFSR, is there something I can give the player that they can use from a randomly-generated overworld as a starting item to take them back-and-forth from it? I'd like to be able to start them in the tutorial world, and let them proceed to the overworld at leisure, but then beam back to the tutorial world at any time without any assumption of having RF power or advanced blocks. I'd hope to then have it teleport them back to exactly where they were in the overworld when they activated it.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Assuming I make a tutorial world in BFSR, is there something I can give the player that they can use from a randomly-generated overworld as a starting item to take them back-and-forth from it? I'd like to be able to start them in the tutorial world, and let them proceed to the overworld at leisure, but then beam back to the tutorial world at any time without any assumption of having RF power or advanced blocks. I'd hope to then have it teleport them back to exactly where they were in the overworld when they activated it.

you could set it so RFTools teleporters don't require any RF to function?

Nick Esasky
Nov 10, 2009
More Regrowth Crap: Am i correct in saying that my auto-harvesting options only consist of the following:

1)Golems, which is locked behind greatwood, which i understand is locked behind the Distillery which needs a Botania Dragonstone, which i believe requires the Elven Gateway, which needs Terrasteel which needs a whole buttload of mana for even a single piece. Botania mana generation options would seem to ideally require some form of auto-harvesting to keep my Gourmalily constantly fed without me having to run around harvesting things constantly, or possibly making leaves to feed to a Munchdew via some means of placing the things.

2)BC Robots, which by my count requires something like 11 million RF to make, which is a bit of a ask for my Railcraft boiler that only makes enough steam to do 360 RF/tick and absolutely DEVOURS coal. Probably not too difficult to be self-sustaining , but it'd seem to require two hours worth of chopping down trees and harvesting coal essence to fire up the boiler long enough to get the two robots i'd need to automate that process.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Nick Esasky posted:

More Regrowth Crap: Am i correct in saying that my auto-harvesting options only consist of the following:

1)Golems, which is locked behind greatwood, which i understand is locked behind the Distillery which needs a Botania Dragonstone, which i believe requires the Elven Gateway, which needs Terrasteel which needs a whole buttload of mana for even a single piece. Botania mana generation options would seem to ideally require some form of auto-harvesting to keep my Gourmalily constantly fed without me having to run around harvesting things constantly, or possibly making leaves to feed to a Munchdew via some means of placing the things.

2)BC Robots, which by my count requires something like 11 million RF to make, which is a bit of a ask for my Railcraft boiler that only makes enough steam to do 360 RF/tick and absolutely DEVOURS coal. Probably not too difficult to be self-sustaining , but it'd seem to require two hours worth of chopping down trees and harvesting coal essence to fire up the boiler long enough to get the two robots i'd need to automate that process.

There's a third -- forestry autofarms. These are gated behind the rolling machine, and reliable power generation. Forestry autofarms require forestry fertilizer to run, which requires Mekanism (to convert gunpowder into saltpeter.)

A trick for feeding boilers -- if you use a Botania Conjuration Catalyst to dupe coal, and convert all the coal that comes out in 10 coke ovens, then feed it back to the conjuration catalyst's mana pool in the form of coal coke blocks and a big pile of Endoflames, the mechanism nets mana positive AND outputs enough creosote oil to fuel a 2x2 HP boiler. It's important to evenly distribute the coal into all 10 ovens, though. (I use Corporea to aid this.)

Gwyneth Palpate fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Nov 30, 2015

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Warp book mod allows you to have a book with a bunch of names for places for immediate teleportation.
It uses some hunger as its cost.
Also, it can fit in the enchiridion's book binder.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Acne Rain posted:

Warp book mod allows you to have a book with a bunch of names for places for immediate teleportation.
It uses some hunger as its cost.
Also, it can fit in the enchiridion's book binder.

I forgot about warp books. That sounds like a good default. I am unsure about warping them back to the overworld. If I fix coordinates, but allow random terrain, they might get sent into a mountain. I suppose I can compromise and just start them in the overworld with the book, and a whole lot of stuff telling them to try to use it first thing.

Edit: I kind of want to change the book's icon to a baby rattler.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
I sat down to do a dry run with this and realized I still don't know how to do it from end to end. So let's say I created a tutorial world and have the files. How do I distribute that with a pack such that when a player creates a new world, it's there, but the overworld is also randomized to whatever settings they want? I just want to have one hard-set dimension that is for tutorials and provide them a means to get there.

I also reviewed warp books because it has been awhile, and it's missing something to just fire you back to world spawn. Is this available somewhere else?

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Falcon2001 posted:

This was from a bit ago, but I'm not really visualizing this. I've already got them in serial with channels over the top, but all I can imagine is a line of pipes on the side of this with servos, which is a lot of extra servos and pipes. Maybe I'm just not thinking this through right though.

Edit: and set it up how I'm imagining and it just basically only uses the last casting table.

It will do that ONLY if you DON'T have a backlog of molten metal flowing through the pipes. If there's a backlog, the fluiducts will fill up, causing the other tables to fill up as well. The point is to deal with pipes pumping the molten metal faster than a single table can cast ingots, which WILL happen if you use fluiducts or other fast fluid transfer tools to empty your smeltery. Putting the tables in series instead of parallel means that if one of the tables nearest the input pipe doesn't get a full ingot, it will eventually just send the fluid down the line.
To be absolutely sure you know what I'm talking about, here is a text visualization:
code:
|
T-T-T
v v v
The | is the fluiduct drawing metal from the smeltery. Each - is a single segment of fluiduct, leading to the next table. Each T is a table. Each v is a hopper or itemduct or something.
An alternative way of pumping metal from table to table in series is this, viewed from above:
code:
 --
TTT
--
That's more compact but uses two more fluiducts and only works if your drains are at the very bottom of your smeltery, or if you string the tables out away from your smeltery.
There are other ways to set up tables with the same functionality, like diagonally or even vertically.

McFrugal fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Nov 30, 2015

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

I sat down to do a dry run with this and realized I still don't know how to do it from end to end. So let's say I created a tutorial world and have the files. How do I distribute that with a pack such that when a player creates a new world, it's there, but the overworld is also randomized to whatever settings they want? I just want to have one hard-set dimension that is for tutorials and provide them a means to get there.

I also reviewed warp books because it has been awhile, and it's missing something to just fire you back to world spawn. Is this available somewhere else?

Give them a blank warp page with their warp book?

Peepers
Mar 11, 2005

Well, I'm a ghost. I scare people. It's all very important, I assure you.

So what do people think about the Galactic Sciences pack on the FTB launcher? I'm thinking about digging into that when I'm done with Regrowth because I really want to give Galacticraft a try.

I've played it for about an hour and while Ex Nihilo is super grindy, it doesn't seem like it should take too much work to automate the whole process. Are the later stages of the pack any good?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

While bored at work I'm thinking about playing Garden of Glass, and how quickly I can automate a tree->charcoal->mana farm (using just Botania of course). Can a furnace be the target inventory of a hopperhock, or only chests? How would I then get the charcoal (again automatically) out of the furnaces and either into an open barrel to drop on endoflames, or into storage? A series of hoppers, I assume.

Speaking of hoppers, I know those things are really bad performance for computers; are there any addons that replace or recode the hoppers to not drag the poor game to a crawl?

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Uh oh. What did he do now?

Nap Ghost

Ciaphas posted:

While bored at work I'm thinking about playing Garden of Glass, and how quickly I can automate a tree->charcoal->mana farm (using just Botania of course). Can a furnace be the target inventory of a hopperhock, or only chests? How would I then get the charcoal (again automatically) out of the furnaces and either into an open barrel to drop on endoflames, or into storage? A series of hoppers, I assume.

Speaking of hoppers, I know those things are really bad performance for computers; are there any addons that replace or recode the hoppers to not drag the poor game to a crawl?
Furnaces work about how you expect. Items to be cooked go in the top, fuel goes in the side, and output comes out the bottom. That's all doable with hoppers.

And hoppers are mainly a concern on a server when you have a lot of people using them. You should be fine solo. If you're really concerned, maybe just keep them away from double chests.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Ciaphas posted:

Any inventory can be the target of a hopperhock. If you put a floating hopperhock on top of a furnace, it'll insert anything it collects into the top slot.

However, in practice, you'd usually want to use a hopper as the target inventory. A hopper can also pull smelted items out, if it's on the bottom of the furnace. You can then have the hopper output to an open crate.

Hoppers are only really performance drags if you are on a multiplayer server and people are using lots of them. For a single player world, it's no biggie.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

I'm not sure if you can hopperhock into a furnace at all (I imagine it works, but it might stick the wood into the fuel slot), you can just hopperhock into a hopper, which is pointed at the top of the block.

edit: I should really refresh more often :(

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

ImpactVector posted:

Furnaces work about how you expect. Items to be cooked go in the top, fuel goes in the side, and output comes out the bottom. That's all doable with hoppers.

And hoppers are mainly a concern on a server when you have a lot of people using them. You should be fine solo. If you're really concerned, maybe just keep them away from double chests.

Didn't actually know that about Furnaces, that their I/O slots differed depending on side. Handy!

And thanks for the reassurance on hoppers, too. I can chain them like really lovely ducts/pipes, too, right?

If so the only thing I need to figure out is how to break the trees down. A whole stack of mana spreaders with bore lenses constantly firing would work, I guess, but mana is lost when fired direct into a spreader, right? Seems wasteful, but unless there's a way to detect when at least one tree has grown...

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Nov 30, 2015

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Ciaphas posted:

Didn't actually know that about Furnaces, that their I/O slots differed depending on side. Handy!

And thanks for the reassurance on hoppers, too. I can chain them like really lovely ducts/pipes, too, right?

If so the only thing I need to figure out is how to break the trees down. A whole stack of mana spreaders with bore lenses constantly firing would work, I guess, but mana is lost when fired direct into a spreader, right? Seems wasteful, but unless there's a way to detect when at least one tree has grown...

aim a lit redstone repeater at a sapling, then put another repeater "reading" the sapling on the opposite side

when the tree grows, the redstone signal will propagate through the now solid block, which will let you fire a redstone spreader

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Glory of Arioch posted:

aim a lit redstone repeater at a sapling, then put another repeater "reading" the sapling on the opposite side

when the tree grows, the redstone signal will propagate through the now solid block, which will let you fire a redstone spreader

Well that's clever as hell; just wish I'd thought of it. Not too familiar with the kind of, ah, clever mechanics vanilla redstone has available to it.

Do redstone spreaders send one burst per pulse, or burst as long as it has a signal? While I'm at it, spreaders can receive mana from a pool they're directly above, right? I figure if both of these are true, and bore bursts don't destroy saplings, I can make a 2D tree farm something like this (with redstone along the invisible axis to run the whole thing):

pre:
---------
S->
P     <-S
S->     P
P     <-R

Saplings planted in a row between bottom P and R
(each has redstone repeaters on invisible axis)

-=ceiling to prevent sprawling trees
S=normal spreader (bore)
R=redstone spreader (bore)
P=crappy mana pool
Wish I could install MC at work so I could dink around in creative during downtime (read: all the time, nowadays); a lot of these questions I ask would be easy to answer by experimentation.

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Dec 1, 2015

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Ciaphas posted:

Well that's clever as hell; just wish I'd thought of it. Not too familiar with the kind of, ah, clever mechanics vanilla redstone has available to it.

Do redstone spreaders send one burst per pulse, or burst as long as it has a signal? While I'm at it, spreaders can receive mana from a pool they're directly above, right? I figure if both of these are true, and bore bursts don't destroy saplings, I can make a 2D tree farm something like this (with redstone along the invisible axis to run the whole thing):

pre:
---------
S->
P     <-S
S->     P
P     <-R

Saplings planted in a row between bottom P and R
(each has redstone repeaters on invisible axis)

-=ceiling to prevent sprawling trees
S=normal spreader (bore)
R=redstone spreader (bore)
P=crappy mana pool
Wish I could install MC at work so I could dink around in creative during downtime (read: all the time, nowadays); a lot of these questions I ask would be easy to answer by experimentation.

Redstone mana spreaders send a burst per pulse, as long as there's not already a burst in flight. Spreaders can receive mana from a pool on any side.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
Obscurity update;

Even though there's no quest for it (that I've unlocked, anyway), I finally got enough resources to make an ender quarry from extra utilities. I've never built one before but this thing's awesome! It's way better than progressive automation's miner, which starts out really strong in the early game and then tapers off towards the end. The "Diamond" levels cost way, way too much to make for what they provide and even the iron ones are cost-prohibitive to expand the radius of (6 iron, 2 redstone per square within the volume)

I'm still not sure how I'm going to get so many trees. The pack wants you to use a mod called "steve's carts" which creates a minecart that can plant/harvest saplings adjacent to rails but it doesn't seem to work at all for the 2x2 trees (silverwood, greatwood) that you need mass quantities of. So the search continues.

My to-be-vis node is still being charged through node bullying but it's slowed way down. I googled around and discovered the chance of gaining an aspect was 1/current aspect number. So as your node gets bigger, there's a much smaller chance of draining an aspect from another. It's at the equiv of ~4 vis right now, and I'll probably cut it off and turn it on once it hits 5 because it's been running for 6+ hours in-game at this point. Fortunately you can make a hyperenergetic nitor pretty easily with just the cauldron, so I did.

I discovered that the authors intended to put in obsidian totems for the osmotic enchanters but it seems like the pack is abandoned (last commit was 3+ months ago). That's disappointing, there's even an empty quest chapter - it's clear that obscurity's in beta and it looks like it's going to stay that way. Since they explicitly state it, guilt-free cheating in to use vis enchanting! You really need bone-specific tinker's construct tools that are enchanted and modded for high durability so that they work in progressive automation's stone farmers and choppers.

The gameplay's become pretty standard at this point; the only resources I'm gated on are diamonds because so many things end-game use them. I still really enjoy the compact cube gimmick for both organisation and speed, and I really hope more mods incorporate it. The deep dark holds no fear for me anymore, I've pretty much conquered it. Mostly, the only thing that's left is the mass-materials and leveling up within end-game ender io and this cart mod to create some super metal that presumably I use to get out and "win". Haven't unlocked it yet.

I'm still giving the mod a thumbs up for now; although the early game isn't as enjoyable as Regrowth, it really picks up midgame because of the better mod choices. Regrowth deliberately focused on "lesser used" mods and that means mods that have serious flaws - forestry, witchery, buildcraft, mekanism, and railcraft, which once you get past the early game's botania and magic crops, really put a damper on gameplay.

Bhodi fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Dec 1, 2015

Willheim Wordsworth
Dec 29, 2008
I'm getting into obscurity too, it's pretty cool. I didn't know it's still in beta, that explains the lack of quests for the ender quarry.

Is there a trick to not running out of silverwood saplings, or is it just bad luck if you do, time to cheat more in?

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
If you already got the ones from the chest, you'll have to cheat them in. Apparently the drop rate on the fast leaf removal mod makes it possible to run out if you have a string of bad luck. If you're down to your last, break the leaves by hand before the trunk. Or just cheat them in.

There are some weird things, like enderium not being a valid big reactor fluid. No idea why but after the effort I went through I just cheated in cryotheum buckets and trash canned the enderium in trade. One quest gives you 10 diamond hoes at a time I was desperate for diamonds; I canned them and cheated in 20 diamonds in trade, which is what the mod SHOULD have given you, what with the huge diamond requirements on every extra utilities, ender io, steves mod and progressive automation blocks.

Bhodi fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Dec 1, 2015

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

Bhodi posted:

If you already got the ones from the chest, you'll have to cheat them in. Apparently the drop rate on the fast leaf removal mod makes it possible to run out if you have a string of bad luck. If you're down to your last, break the leaves by hand before the trunk. Or just cheat them in.

There are some weird things, like enderium not being a valid big reactor fluid. No idea why but after the effort I went through I just cheated in cryotheum buckets and trash canned the enderium in trade. One quest gives you 10 diamond hoes at a time I was desperate for diamonds; I canned them and cheated in 20 diamonds in trade, which is what the mod SHOULD have given you, what with the huge diamond requirements on every extra utilities, ender io, steves mod and progressive automation blocks.

It's resonant ender (molten ender pearl) that's a reactor fluid, not enderium (a metal alloy with resonant ender as an ingredient).

For some reason i've had like zero problem with diamonds, literal stacks of them - all the weird little bedrock lattices covered in torches out in the dark have a chest with some diamonds and gold in it and I've found quite a few, plus the diamonds in the shadow fortresses, and I've found four of those.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

The yogscast guys gave up on going any further with Blast Off and have moved on to Journey to the Core. Anyone play that and know just how comprehensively bad a decision that was? It's not looking good so far :v:

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
I found the mod that was creating a fixed world in Blightfall was Lockdown. So I have that now. I'm not sure if I can have it clear out the default overworld so that it can create a fresh one for each player each time based on their own settings. What I see implies that it can, but we shall see. My main distraction was trying to use MultiWorld. I was thinking of creating a separate world entirely for the tutorial dimension. I'm not sure if I can use warp books or something to teleport across these worlds. Is this a thing? Is there some command block shenanigans I can use to just use the Multiworld shell commands? Can that be put in an item too?

Have any of you used MultiWorld? I tried to have it create a void world for the default overworld, but it didn't work. I'm trying this:
code:
# Configuration file

dimension0 {
    S:biomeCommands=allow:*;
    I:dimension_ID=2
    B:isFullOverworld=false
    S:name=Dim2
    S:worldType=MWmultiBiome
}

general {
    I:options.dimensions=1
    I:options.providerId=21
}

world {
    S:defaultBiomeCommands=allow:Sky;
    I:worldTypeMW=7
}

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

Ciaphas posted:

The yogscast guys gave up on going any further with Blast Off and have moved on to Journey to the Core. Anyone play that and know just how comprehensively bad a decision that was? It's not looking good so far :v:

Journey to the core is, a bit difficult. It should be comedic at least.

"This cannot be harder than Blast Off!" ~ well....About that.

Anias fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Dec 1, 2015

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Ciaphas posted:

it is the dumbest goddamned mod holy poo poo

i'm picking away at it for an hour or two a day but it seems to be predicated around 'immediately burrow into rock like a tick and never ever venture out of your bolt-hole'. it has the enviromine thing so you need to make sure you've lots of plants around to keep the air quality up, and torches set fire to anything flammable near them. The mobs are super-deadly and creepers explode with a huge blast of fire. also there are random silverfish loving everywhere

i look forward to the ragequit in like three episodes.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Wolpertinger posted:

It's resonant ender (molten ender pearl) that's a reactor fluid, not enderium (a metal alloy with resonant ender as an ingredient).

For some reason i've had like zero problem with diamonds, literal stacks of them - all the weird little bedrock lattices covered in torches out in the dark have a chest with some diamonds and gold in it and I've found quite a few, plus the diamonds in the shadow fortresses, and I've found four of those.
Whoops! I knew SOMETHING seemed off. Oh well, I have several stacks of blizz rods I could have used to actually create the cryotheum and it's a better material anyway.

You use a LOT of diamonds to spawn withers since it's 3 each and you need 10 to complete the quest. The diamond progressive automation tools require 7 each, AE2 wants a few, ender io wants a few more, you want to use them on all your cubes, your tools to stick in the machines, it adds up. I explored those weird lattices but only found a chest in a few and they didn't have any diamonds in them. I've found two shadow fortresses and they never had diamonds either. Had some other goodies though! It seems to be a random 'dungeon treasure chest' reward and I guess I just didn't have good luck. But since I got the ender quarry running and the big reactor powering it, it should provide me with all the diamonds I need, given time.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Edminster posted:

it is the dumbest goddamned mod holy poo poo

i'm picking away at it for an hour or two a day but it seems to be predicated around 'immediately burrow into rock like a tick and never ever venture out of your bolt-hole'. it has the enviromine thing so you need to make sure you've lots of plants around to keep the air quality up, and torches set fire to anything flammable near them. The mobs are super-deadly and creepers explode with a huge blast of fire. also there are random silverfish loving everywhere

i look forward to the ragequit in like three episodes.

Excellent. Blast Off was at its best when Lewis was losing his goddamned marbles, so I'm now looking forward to more of a similar ilk.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
The pure, blood curdling rage is going to be glorious.

I noticed that this was the 'Get Rekt' edition, is there a less asinine version?

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

You can go look at some of wyld's previous stuff, he streamed a full playthrough including such hilarious moments as 'my entire base just caved in' and 'lava, lava everywhere'

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Hey, this isn't a modding question, per se, but I wanted to have RTG on my server, but either it's broken or I can't figure out how to configure it to work with the 1.7.10 server. I figured I could work around this by creating a separate modpack that was only different in that it had RTG in it, start up a local SSP world, generate the world, then upload it to the server. I did that, uploaded the map, and then the server shat itself with a mile-long error dump that I couldn't even get a pastebin copy of, it was that long. Am I missing something? RTG only effects terrain generation on the overworld, so if I'm using Worldguard to limit the size of the world to what's generated and just uploading what I have, it shouldn't be an issue, right?

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

neogeo0823 posted:

Hey, this isn't a modding question, per se, but I wanted to have RTG on my server, but either it's broken or I can't figure out how to configure it to work with the 1.7.10 server. I figured I could work around this by creating a separate modpack that was only different in that it had RTG in it, start up a local SSP world, generate the world, then upload it to the server. I did that, uploaded the map, and then the server shat itself with a mile-long error dump that I couldn't even get a pastebin copy of, it was that long. Am I missing something? RTG only effects terrain generation on the overworld, so if I'm using Worldguard to limit the size of the world to what's generated and just uploading what I have, it shouldn't be an issue, right?

Installation
  • Download and install the latest recommended version of Forge for 1.7.10 (the one on the right).
  • Download this mod and place it in your 'mods' folder.
  • For singleplayer... create a new world, click the [More World Options] button, choose 'Realistic' from the [World Type] button, then click [Create New World]
  • For servers... use level-type=RTG in server.properties

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/2524489-realistic-terrain-generation-rtg-realistic

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

Bhodi posted:

You use a LOT of diamonds to spawn withers since it's 3 each and you need 10 to complete the quest. The diamond progressive automation tools require 7 each, AE2 wants a few, ender io wants a few more, you want to use them on all your cubes, your tools to stick in the machines, it adds up. I explored those weird lattices but only found a chest in a few and they didn't have any diamonds in them. I've found two shadow fortresses and they never had diamonds either. Had some other goodies though! It seems to be a random 'dungeon treasure chest' reward and I guess I just didn't have good luck. But since I got the ender quarry running and the big reactor powering it, it should provide me with all the diamonds I need, given time.

Weird, literally every one of those lattices had a chest and diamonds for me - sometimes they are in weird spots but there was often like 20-30 diamonds per chest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carsius
May 7, 2013

Are there any good "everything is out to kill you" survival packs other than Blightfall?