Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
I have to imagine Karl has messaged Sandi a number of times offering emotional support, and Sandi may even foster sycophantic relationships with SC-whales who offer unconditional praise. I remember The Wulge rushing to chat with Sandi after her total meltdown at CitCon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Some similarities between Sandi and Matilda/Karl:

Overuse of capitalization:

Sand's twittter posted:

It's a special day for me for two great reasons - thanks for the flowers - Best Husband Ever!

Sandi's twitter posted:

Thanks to 'Steve Jackson' for our Thanksgiving pizza! Was Gone in 60 Seconds! http://fb.me/2Ozh3Vpwh
Claims knowledge of German:

Sandi's twitter posted:

Tidying up I found a lot of work refs. & academic transcripts - this one reminds me my German needs fan help ;)
Also, either Karl literally got at most four-five hours' sleep last night (which, granted, is fully possible), or (s)he's not running on GMT+1.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Holy poo poo they've almost reached 100 million dollars in funding. How is this real, why is this real? Am I real?!

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

evilmiera posted:

Holy poo poo they've almost reached 100 million dollars in funding. How is this real, why is this real? Am I real?!

Donald Trump is running for president. Nothing is real anymore.

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Claims knowledge of German:

Can you source her quotes? Sounds like a bullshit reference to me.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Hav posted:

Sandi speaks five languages fluently and if you are trying to call bullshit on that claim then take notice I am am virtually slapping your face with a white glove and challenging you to pistols at dawn...

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

MeLKoR posted:

Nah, it's just self quotes nested 3 levels deep. Wait for the lawsuit that's coming in 2 weeks.

Well at least I didn't miss anything. I better start stockpiling victory booze, two weeks isn't very much prep time for my lawsuit celebration.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

How to farm reddit downvotes:

Step 1: 99 milion $ later, and tons of vaporware in sales, where is the game?

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

quote:

Weird. I just loaded up something called "2.0" and hopped into my Constellation to jump across a star system and complete a mission. The mission had me dogfight some pirates and then use FPS elements along with local physics grids to have a pretty immersive experience of EVAing to fix a comms relay.
This vaporware must have some sort of bug in it that makes it feel like a real game.

lol i wonder how many attempts this took him

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Nation posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if he did it offline.

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said

Nation posted:

My immediate reply in my head to that post was "yeah but then what did you do?"

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Stanko-Prussian posted:

My immediate reply in my head to that post was "yeah but then what did you do?"

CTD

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Hav posted:

You mean links to her tweets? :confused:

They're all in the first few pages of https://twitter.com/SandiGardiner

The German thing is at https://twitter.com/SandiGardiner/status/648703847758630912

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

G0RF posted:

TL:DR
"Matilda2013" = "Sandi Gardiner" maybe isn't as compelling an argument as "Matilda2013" = "Karl", but it's a pretty decent conspiracy take on it. I want to believe she's got more sense and would have better things to do with her time. But then I see crap like this and realize she really wouldn't.

I see someone else is trying to make the connection.

Here's the thing: that's what lawsuits are for. We get to find out which aliases (if any), accounts etc they've posted under. And if the judge grants it, attorneys get to send in forensic IT people to go image all their devices, computers etc. This happens all the time; especially in legal action that revolves around stuff like this.

You also get to send sub-poenas to all ISPs, social media etc for all their communications. Usually they will petition the judge to refuse it, but according to attorneys, those tend to fail quickly since judges recognize that in this digital age, most nefarious poo poo is done online.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
From skimming the Matilda reddit account, it definitely appears as though they're a CIG insider, and the way they type and things they say definitely point towards it being Sandi. I think we need more conclusive evidence, but I think it's plausible.

Also, I would not AT ALL be shocked to discover that at least some of the j4thread idiots we've seen here are CIG higher-ups.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

AP posted:

If you look at the twitter accounts of the white knights, they are all following each other, they have their own little information sharing club going on. We already know Sandi keeps in touch with some of them via private emails, so them all posting similar poo poo isn't that unusual, considering they likely all have similar mental problems too. I seem to remember she even thanked one of them on twitter for defending CIG in the comments section of some news piece against that Brazilian nutter who used to post everywhere how evil CIG were.

Yup. Which is how I have all of them blocked. I just export their entire list, import it, then block en-masse.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

D_Smart posted:

Got link? I didn't find it on their channel.

http://www.twitch.tv/broteam/v/27903610
33 minutes in

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Hi, I unfollowed this thread a couple months ago because I got my refund and don't care anymore.

Has anything interesting happened at all or should I just go on forgetting this is a thing?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

She's playing a character called Mathilda in a production she's going to be taking part in.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4813442/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_3

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Skoll posted:

Hi, I unfollowed this thread a couple months ago because I got my refund and don't care anymore.

Has anything interesting happened at all or should I just go on forgetting this is a thing?

Keep on not caring.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

fuctifino posted:

She's playing a character called Mathilda in a production she's going to be taking part in.

Ok that does it for me. It's her.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

fuctifino posted:

Its her

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Keep on not caring.

Thanks. Have a pleasant day, citizen.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Much as it would be hilarious Sandi is not Karl. :cmon:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

fuctifino posted:

The facts are undeniable.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

MeLKoR posted:

Of course not. It would make more sense if Karl were the Wulge's parachute, but the writing styles don't really match.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

evilmiera posted:

$99.1m atm. Still a long way to $100m.

At $100m, that's triple-A title budget.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

A Neurotic Jew posted:

I have to imagine Karl has messaged Sandi a number of times offering emotional support, and Sandi may even foster sycophantic relationships with SC-whales who offer unconditional praise. I remember The Wulge rushing to chat with Sandi after her total meltdown at CitCon.

Yeah, and her rushing to show her "support" of The Wulge back when I wrote this piece. As expected, she quickly deleted the Tweet once it appeared in one of my blogs.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

MeLKoR posted:

Waaaay too much circumstantial evidence here. If this was a murder trial she'd be looking at 20-life.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

heh, it didn't take long before it got accused of being a dsmart alt

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

That was... not flattering.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!
Sandi...Matilda2013...Waltzing Matilda is an Australian ballad...Sandi was born in Australia...

:tinfoil:

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Beet Wagon posted:

That was... not flattering.

Unfortunately it was not even funny either. Perhaps having the chat alongside or if he decides to make an edited version.

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?

imperialparadox posted:

Sandi...Matilda2013...Waltzing Matilda is an Australian ballad...Sandi was born in Australia...

Half Life 3 is confirmed?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Hamburger Test posted:

Unfortunately it was not even funny either. Perhaps having the chat alongside or if he decides to make an edited version.

Yeah I dunno what it is but that guy's not very entertaining. It seems like it should be pretty easy to poo poo on a game like that and make it funny, but then again the last thing I streamed was Aliens: Colonial Marines, so what do I know?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

imperialparadox posted:

New thread theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxMf4BdVq_g

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

fuctifino posted:

oh-oh. Is this the smoking gun?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Maybe Seraph is Matilda.

Maybe all of us are Matilda in a way.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

I see someone else is trying to make the connection.

Here's the thing: that's what lawsuits are for. We get to find out which aliases (if any), accounts etc they've posted under. And if the judge grants it, attorneys get to send in forensic IT people to go image all their devices, computers etc. This happens all the time; especially in legal action that revolves around stuff like this.

You also get to send subpoenas to all ISPs, social media etc for all their communications. Usually they will petition the judge to refuse it, but according to attorneys, those tend to fail quickly since judges recognize that in this digital age, most nefarious poo poo is done online.

Except that you also need a compelling reason for what you're requesting, you don't just get to say "hey man I lawsuit u, gimmie all the poo poo". If you're suing over enforcement over the TOS you'll get to ask for communications directly relating to that subject and no more, poo poo posts on reddit probably wouldn't make the cut. Also, dispatching forensic IT people is pretty rare in most litigation unless you're the fuzz. Also, you don't get anything first. In fact you wouldn't even be the one that send in the IT guys, the defendant will (you'll end up paying for it though), and even then they get to review everything before you even have a chance to see it since forensic searches turn up 99% extraneous poo poo.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

fuctifino posted:

im dying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Eonwe posted:

if Sandi were Karl the german auditor i'd say we close the thread and never speak of star citizen once it hit its absolute peak

I know this thread delivers when you least expect it but there is no way it could deliver this hard.

• Locked thread