Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

G0RF posted:

Gratuitous use of the word "Retarded" is allegedly a Sandi trademark. Plus there's that scary scary threat at the end!
Also:

quote:

The Escapist:

She would call people stupid, retard, human being. Accuse men of not having balls.
:tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I'm not usually one to get into the conspiracy SC stuff but it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if CGI employees pretend to be hyped-up fans/ anonymously harass non-believers and so I'm all for Sandi = Matilda

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Beer you really should consider apologizing to Sandi before men with guns come to take you to Gitmo to testify in the suit against DS.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I read the thread on and off and it's things like that that keep bringing me back.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Eonwe posted:

im dying

I like how she's listed first in the IMDB importance ratings.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
imagine going to work at a supposed real job and your boss gets mad at you one day and just calls you a human being

:stonk:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
can we be real though, that movie summary sounds loving awful no matter who is involved in it

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

G0RF posted:

Sandi speaks five languages fluently and if you are trying to call bullshit on that claim then take notice I am am virtually slapping your face with a white glove and challenging you to pistols at dawn...

I refer you to legal.

No, it was more the printed passage.

That's the thing. That's a reference, but it appears to be printed, and refers to the Marche du Cannes.

D_Smart posted:

Here's the thing: that's what lawsuits are for. We get to find out which aliases (if any), accounts etc they've posted under. And if the judge grants it, attorneys get to send in forensic IT people to go image all their devices, computers etc. This happens all the time; especially in legal action that revolves around stuff like this.

Only where ordered by a court. Remind me again, what are the grounds for your lawsuit?

Iron Tusk posted:

Also, you don't get anything first. In fact you wouldn't even be the one that send in the IT guys, the defendant will (you'll end up paying for it though), and even then they get to review everything before you even have a chance to see it since forensic searches turn up 99% extraneous poo poo.

Yeah, they don't allow fishing expeditions.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Iron Tusk posted:

Except that you also need a compelling reason for what you're requesting, you don't just get to say "hey man I lawsuit u, gimmie all the poo poo".

That's obvious. But thanks for educating those who have never been involved in lawsuits before.

Iron Tusk posted:

If you're suing over enforcement over the TOS you'll get to ask for communications directly relating to that subject and no more, poo poo posts on reddit probably wouldn't make the cut.

That would depend on a specific cause of action in the complaint and whether or not the judge lets it stand. If there is a defamation or similar cause of action, it's all covered under cause.

And I never said anything about suing over a ToS being the reason for this request. You did.

Iron Tusk posted:

Also, dispatching forensic IT people is pretty rare in most litigation unless you're the fuzz.

False.

I have done it twice. I know of several lawsuits in which they have been done. In fact, practically every big case you read online and in which material was disclosed, obtained this information from this sort of reveal, and not discovery (which is prone to shenanigans) whereby you ask nicely and hope they provide the material requested, don't taint the evidence etc.

Iron Tusk posted:

Also, you don't get anything first. In fact you wouldn't even be the one that send in the IT guys, the defendant will (you'll end up paying for it though),

False.

I have been involved in two lawsuits between 2010 and 2012 in which we (my attorneys) filed for it, the judge granted it. Then the attorneys sent in a third-party (Asset Control, Inc) to do it. They had a judge signed sub-poena. They went to the party, got it all done etc. They billed the attorneys, who paid for it, then billed my retainer account.

Iron Tusk posted:

and even then they get to review everything before you even have a chance to see it since forensic searches turn up 99% extraneous poo poo.

False.

The attorneys got to see it first, filtered through what they needed, then provided me (and the court) with the pertinent data.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Eonwe posted:

imagine going to work at a supposed real job and your boss gets mad at you one day and just calls you a human being

Happens all the time.

DISCLAIMER: I'm a male prostitute

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

MeLKoR posted:

Happens all the time.

ah, so your clientele are self loathing gay conservatives

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
his grammatical errors are too idiosyncratic for me to believe it's Sandi. I would not be surprised at all if she's spoken with him on the subject of creepy goons at length though.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Eonwe posted:

"Hey human being, i told you to work off the clock for 6 hours. Your a loving retard with no balls. Im cutting your pay by the amount of "Your a human being." That is all, have a day."

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
CIG Simulator

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Given the emails posted by the internet radio guy and B4TBG, I wouldn't be surprised if Sandi is reading this, nor if she has a j4t account. There is no way she is Karl/Matilda/whatever the gently caress though.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

[–]Toy-gun 17 points 8 hours ago

I wonder how many people will attempt to get that coveted $100m pledge. Reckon we may skip $100m altogether and get straight up to $101m

SC the game is actually about seeing who can give more money. this is the game

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Aug 2, 2016

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its not her but its really funny to imagine

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
If everyone posting negativity about Star Citizen is a Derek Smart alt account then it naturally follows that there are CIG employee alts out there too.

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?
Maybe she writes them in German then uses Google translate to create the poor English. She does speak fluent German, apparently, so she could maybe write it too?

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

[–]Tsantilas 12 points 10 hours ago

I'd just like to take this time to thank the Greek government for implementing capital controls during this difficult time of temptation and keeping my wallet safe.

But seriously I'm really missing out here... drat sales.

[–]Kurt_MFreelancer 2 points 10 hours ago

I'm SO glad (well, I'm not 100%, but I hate banks) that I keep my money on a wall safe, and not on a bank...I only put money on the bank when I need to purchase something.

But like hell I'm gonna give money for politicians to mess it up with. They can mess up the 1 or 2 bucks I have currently on it all they want thou....

a wall safe

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

A Neurotic Jew posted:

his grammatical errors are too idiosyncratic for me to believe it's Sandi. I would not be surprised at all if she's spoken with him on the subject of creepy goons at length though.

Ah, but that could be a ploy to sell the impression that it's someone foreign.

Notice that Karl has seemingly disappeared without a trace. So I think, given all prior evidence, we can agree that Karl is definitely Matilda2013, the male prostitute on Reddit who is not really a German auditor.

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?
Also was the German auditor a financial auditor or a Tom cruise auditor

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

D_Smart posted:

Karl is definitely Matilda2013, the male prostitute on Reddit

wut

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

ShredsYouSay posted:

Maybe she writes them in German then uses Google translate to create the poor English. She does speak fluent German, apparently, so she could maybe write it too?

uhm no. The only language she speaks fluently is bullshit.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

We're nearly there guys. If anyone had told me on the day of the kickstarter that CIG would raise $100M... heh, I would have called them a nutter.

But the really crazy part? We did this with around a million people. Not millions - a million. At a time in the gaming industry when we challenge the value of any title that dares to push its retail price beyond $60 on the back of traditional publishing, we've on average pledged just shy of $100 each - on the back of a promise and the sweat of a few hundred devs. They've shown it's possible, more money won't guarantee this thing takes off, but gently caress me if this isn't the most inspirational "Icarus tale" I've ever had the privilege of being a small part of.

Thank you guys, you're making my dream game come true too.

lol icarus

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

D_Smart posted:

uhm no. The only language she speaks fluently is bullshit.

drat.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

D_Smart posted:

False.

I have been involved in two lawsuits between 2010 and 2012 in which we (my attorneys) filed for it, the judge granted it. Then the attorneys sent in a third-party (Asset Control, Inc) to do it. They had a judge signed sub-poena. They went to the party, got it all done etc. They billed the attorneys, who paid for it, then billed my retainer account.

Were those both against Allen? In which case the actual case itself revolved around what Allen actually had in his possession. I note that was settled, though.

Did you engage in another lawsuit in 2012?

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Roberts is totally going to sticky that pledge counter at 99.89 million to swallow millions in unattributed cash

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Assuming that only Sandi could be such a nasty piece of work like Karl is pretty much the same as redditors assuming everyone who criticizes the game is a Derek Smart sockpuppet.

Or maybe I'm just trying to deflect and I've secretly been Ben's wife all along.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

ShredsYouSay posted:

Also was the German auditor a financial auditor or a Tom cruise auditor

Hey now, according to Chris Roberts all of our bodies are infested with Smarthans, and we need to rid ourselves of them through an act of financial purification.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I'm secretly John Romero. And I'm about to make you my bitch.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Madcosby posted:

Roberts is totally going to sticky that pledge counter at 99.89 million to swallow millions in unattributed cash

the really sad part is, there is a real chance that could happen. might be a little higher though, like 99.96 or something to try and get a ton of whales to put large amounts down to be THAT one who broke the 100m.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Sarsapariller posted:

Or maybe I'm just trying to deflect and I've secretly been Ben's wife all along.

i mean your horse has one of those poo poo cs headsets right and Bens wife is in cs too right? The link is solid

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

MeLKoR posted:

Happens all the time.

Same here

DISCLAIMER: I am the boss

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

I'm waiting for Peter to weigh in and render judgment on this mystery.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

G0RF posted:

I can't handle this

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

quote:

Hey there,

Thank you for your patience thus far. I am happy to confirm that I have actioned the refund for $110.00 USD via PayPal Send Money. It can take up to 30 working days for the funds to appear. Should you have any further questions or concerns let me know.

Your account has been permanently de-activated. Should you wish to return in the future you can create a new account with the same details.

Thanks,
Mike

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6c70hPa8iU

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
When my brother and I were growing up, around the ages of 6 and 7, we had an 18 year old neighbor who we looked up to. One day, he invited us to play a game, in which he threw a baseball down the street as hard as he could, and my brother and I fought to be the one that returned it to him. He had an arm too.Then he'd throw it again and we'd fight all over. He lived atop the "big hill" in the neighborhood, so this was about a 15 minute adventure racing down the street, finding the ball in some bushes, then wrestling my brother for it.

We would go apeshit trying to bring that ball back to him. And when we would, he would declare one of us the King of the Pass. Then throw it again.

That neighbor's name was Chris Roberts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

G0RF posted:

Beautiful.

• Locked thread