Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

G0RF posted:

I'm waiting for Peter to weigh in and render judgment on this mystery.

Her personal shield/bubble is deflecting AwesomeCat :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

That's obvious. But thanks for educating those who have never been involved in lawsuits before.

That would depend on a specific cause of action in the complaint and whether or not the judge lets it stand. If there is a defamation or similar cause of action, it's all covered under cause.

And I never said anything about suing over a ToS being the reason for this request. You did.

False.

I have done it twice. I know of several lawsuits in which they have been done. In fact, practically every big case you read online and in which material was disclosed, obtained this information from this sort of reveal, and not discovery (which is prone to shenanigans) whereby you ask nicely and hope they provide the material requested, don't taint the evidence etc.

False.

I have been involved in two lawsuits between 2010 and 2012 in which we (my attorneys) filed for it, the judge granted it. Then the attorneys sent in a third-party (Asset Control, Inc) to do it. They had a judge signed sub-poena. They went to the party, got it all done etc. They billed the attorneys, who paid for it, then billed my retainer account.

False.

The attorneys got to see it first, filtered through what they needed, then provided me (and the court) with the pertinent data.

So you're saying you got all of the defendant's data without them going though it for privilege first? You got personal info, attorney-client communication, extraneous trade secrets, etc.. and the judge was like, what's privilege, cool man, whatever.

Oscar Wilde Bunch fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Nov 30, 2015

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
That's better :lol:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Eonwe posted:

CIG Simulator

http://store.steampowered.com/app/239820/?snr=1_7_15__13

Tortolia posted:

If everyone posting negativity about Star Citizen is a Derek Smart alt account then it naturally follows that there are CIG employee alts out there too.
Logic wins again!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

G0RF posted:

This is amazing :) I love the way, erm, I (?) look at her

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Iron Tusk posted:

So you're saying you got all of the defendant's data without them going though it for privilege first? You got personal info, attorney-client communication, etc.. and the judge was like, cool man, whatever.

You are literally the dumbest bitch idiot

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

G0RF posted:

That cat is trying to grab hold of her ego, but realizes too late that it is far too large to handle.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Omi-Polari posted:

I'm secretly John Romero. And I'm about to make you my bitch.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Somehow, this song seems right for this thread.

https://soundcloud.com/logicalsabotage/carol-of-the-bells-airhorn-edition

let the Parp flow through you.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

grimcreaper posted:

Somehow, this song seems right for this thread.

https://soundcloud.com/logicalsabotage/carol-of-the-bells-airhorn-edition

let the Parp flow through you.

I've always been a fan of the old Crimson Haze theme, as representing SC. We were robbed of that game :(

http://tindeck.com/listen/spwx

Erenthal fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Nov 30, 2015

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Sarsapariller posted:

Assuming that only Sandi could be such a nasty piece of work like Karl is pretty much the same as redditors assuming everyone who criticizes the game is a Derek Smart sockpuppet.

Or maybe I'm just trying to deflect and I've secretly been Ben's wife all along.

I think it's more that it would just be so loving funny if it were true that we want it to be true. It's like hoping you'll find a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow. You don't think it'll happen, but holy poo poo if it did

:allears: :gary: :yarg: :allears:

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Iron Tusk posted:

So you're saying you got all of the defendant's data without them going though it for privilege first? You got personal info, attorney-client communication, extraneous trade secrets, etc.. and the judge was like, what's privilege, cool man, whatever.

You're getting too close, man. Just enjoy the show.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Wulfling posted:

That cat is trying to grab hold of her ego, but realizes too late that it is far too large to handle.

I don't know…

Having witnessed my half-kilo kitten attack and “catch” a 5kg salmon on the kitchen counter top, and subsequent — inexorably — be dragged over the edge and dumped on the floor by it, I'm fairly convince that the concept you speak of simply does not exist in the cat brain. Not even long past the “too late” stage.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

triple post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVHJ6OwTYWc

I WAS ROBBED NOOOOOOOOOO

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer
The more I re-read the Crimson Haze thread I'm actually struck with the similarites to SC. Was bestow CR undercover, all along?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
You could make a great version of Cluedo based on the Star Citizen crowdfunding campaign.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

neonbregna posted:

You are literally the dumbest bitch idiot

You have the best debating style.

Iron Tusk posted:

Nah, he's saying that a Judge signed a subpoena for a third party to run discovery, and the third party would have been responsible for interpreting the order about what they were looking for, which is entirely normal in cases where evidence might be held by a party that doesn't want to give it. It avoids the whole problem of running a fishing expedition as the plaintiff has to _know_ what they want.

Now the real question is 'what was the outcome of the case', and bear in mind that 'settling' is not an ajudication.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

What's in the box

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Holy poo poo that.. i cant stop laughing. god drat thats hilarious

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Apparently Matilda's husband has problems with drugs and alcohol. That sucks.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Iglocska posted:

But that's EXACTLY what's in 2.0... Seriously, let it go, they've met the feature checklist that they promised, that is not the issue. The issue is that they released it in a completely broken state to drive sales.

Technically 2.0 hasn't been released. It's still only on a limited access Test Server.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
The interactive space MMO Star Citizen 2.0 is very real and very, very good

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Holy poo poo.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

He would, wouldn't he?

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Tank Boy Ken posted:

Technically 2.0 hasn't been released. It's still only on a limited access Test Server.

The fact that they only released it to 50.000 people to cash in on youtube videos of a completely broken build doesn't make it ok...

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

http://vmashup.com/Ll3xNsjb

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

I'd like to thank Eonwe for creating this posting moment. I wasn't sure about posting that video 100%, but I remembered to always follow your shitposting star and now here we are.

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

is this even real life anymore

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Nice meltdown Karl.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

I'd like to thank Eonwe for creating this posting moment. I wasn't sure about posting that video 100%, but I remembered to always follow your shitposting star and now here we are.

I don't think that video is ever not appropriate. It's going to be the song I play at my wedding/bar mitzvah, whatever happens first.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

revmoo posted:

From skimming the Matilda reddit account, it definitely appears as though they're a CIG insider, and the way they type and things they say definitely point towards it being Sandi. I think we need more conclusive evidence, but I think it's plausible.

Also, I would not AT ALL be shocked to discover that at least some of the j4thread idiots we've seen here are CIG higher-ups.
What made you think they're a CIG insider?

fuctifino posted:

She's playing a character called Mathilda in a production she's going to be taking part in.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4813442/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_3
That's just eerie.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
I'm genuinely excited by this.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Also the MLG Shake It Off is pretty amazing.

Basically the second best version of Shake It Off known to man.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

It is important for SC to hit $100,000,000 during the holiday season so moms can read about it in the gaming magazines and pick up a nice ship for their kid for Christmas.

Io_
Oct 15, 2012

woo woo

Pillbug

toanoradian posted:

I wonder how bad a game this thread will compare Star Citizen to until we reach the point of "Actually, Star Citizen is better."

Big Rigs Over the Road Racing.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

I picked up E:D because it was like 15 bucks, it's not bad. I'm still working my way through the tutorials, though. In the docking one they said something about contacting the station for clearance, and I thought "cool, it's like when tom cruise requested a flyby in top gun" but I can't figure out how to actually access that menu past hitting 1. Like, I hit 1 and then have no idea how to select any of the poo poo on it.

Beet Wagon posted:

Also the MLG Shake It Off is pretty amazing.

Basically the second best version of Shake It Off known to man.

the best version is the original, right?

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Mirificus posted:

What made you think they're a CIG insider?

- Registered an account on Reddit solely to post about Derek Smart and SC drama
- Clearly has a vendetta against CIG critics
- They obviously have a reason/desire to remain anonymous
- They don't post about the game at all, just the drama--it's clearly not a fan

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSSZdwL67Ok

yeah that's p good, I like the inclusion of snoop dogg, it really adds layers

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

the best version is the original, right?

Well yeah, I mean what kind of monster doesn't think the original is the best?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I can't say for sure, but in my head I like to think Taylor would approve.

• Locked thread