Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Watch north America get some GBA port of an SNES soccer game already available on virtual console of something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wait Paper Jam is already out??

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

In Training posted:

Wait Paper Jam is already out??

Reviewers have review copies in advance of the European release in a few days.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh god I'm going to have both Xenoblade X and Paper Jam to play on Friday :supaburn:

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Sakurazuka posted:

Oh god I'm going to have both Xenoblade X and Paper Jam to play on Friday :supaburn:

I'm waiting a week or two to get Paper Jam. I wanna fully focus on Xenoblade - starting two lengthy RPGs on the same day doesn't sound like a good idea.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Saoshyant posted:

Reviewers have review copies in advance of the European release in a few days.

NA Release Date: Jan 22, 2016 :negative:

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
Can I get some opinions on the 2 Kirby games on promo this week? The mass attack and Rainbow curse.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Mass Attack is the greatest video game of all time

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

In Training posted:

NA Release Date: Jan 22, 2016 :negative:

I'm not broken up about it, Ive got so much to play.

Weird EU keeps getting games early, there was Wooly World this year already and npw Paper Jam...

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Cognitive dissonance is one hell of a drug.

Ronnie posted:

Can I get some opinions on the 2 Kirby games on promo this week? The mass attack and Rainbow curse.

Also, to answer this, these are some of the best Kirby games. However, they are Kirby games. If you have not enjoyed any to date these are unlikely to change your mind.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

The best kirby game will always be superstar ultra. It is my main reason for keeping my ds around.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
When oh when is Xenoblade coming to WiiU virtual console in NA

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Austrian mook posted:

I'm not broken up about it, Ive got so much to play.

Weird EU keeps getting games early, there was Wooly World this year already and npw Paper Jam...

You get Fire Emblem and honestly I'd trade Paper Jam for that in a heartbeat

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Austrian mook posted:

Hah.

Hahahahahaha.

I wish that were actually the case and it usually wasn't a month to like 6 months longer.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Is Paper Jam still following that dumb "Use pre-existing Mario canon material only" rule that Sticker Star had? Because that's an easy way to ruin an otherwise promising RPG.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I don't think so, is made by the other team, the Mario and Luigi team. Although one review I saw was complaining that the story was a straightforward Bowser kidnapping Princess story (which is fine with me since this series has never actually done that story).

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I don't care if it only uses existing characters, what matters to me is if there's lots of great dialogue, because Sticker Star tried to avoid dialogue whenever possible.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Junpei Hyde posted:

You get Fire Emblem and honestly I'd trade Paper Jam for that in a heartbeat

I couldn't find the deluxe edition of fire emblem with both versions. Are they not out yet or what?

E: I mean to pre order, I know the game hasn't released yet

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

greatn posted:

I don't think so, is made by the other team, the Mario and Luigi team. Although one review I saw was complaining that the story was a straightforward Bowser kidnapping Princess story (which is fine with me since this series has never actually done that story).

Bowsers plural that's new unless you count the koopa kids.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Austrian mook posted:

I couldn't find the deluxe edition of fire emblem with both versions. Are they not out yet or what?

E: I mean to pre order, I know the game hasn't released yet

If you're american they're sold out, if you're european they're not available for preorder yet.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Junpei Hyde posted:

If you're american they're sold out,

People are animals

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm boycotting the new FE because it costs 100 dollars.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

100 dollars is worth it for approx. 2.5 good games, imo.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Junpei Hyde posted:

If you're american they're sold out

You've gotta be loving kidding me.

Sigh

*clocks shotgun and prepares heist team to commendeer truck delivering the special edition copies of the new fire emblem

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I guess Ill just pay more individually for all the three versions as dlc. gently caress.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

not sure thats accurate

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Austrian mook posted:

I guess Ill just pay more individually for all the three versions as dlc. gently caress.

Pretty sure buying them all digitally costs exactly the same as buying the LE. Although I guess the LE comes with an artbook.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Was it like this with the GBC Zelda games?

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Motto posted:

Well DLC wasn't a thing back then so you had to buy both of the oracle games at retail. In terms of differentiation of content the oracle games are a good comparison, although all versions of Fates have the same 5 starting chapters (out of around 26 not counting side chapters iirc)

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Sorry, I was talking about people being confused and thinking it's a Pokemon deal when it's actually two complete games.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Motto posted:

Sorry, I was talking about people being confused and thinking it's a Pokemon deal when it's actually two complete games.

Oh. Well, that's on Nintendo for being really unclear about it.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
We never got a third Oracle game , poor Farore :(

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Junpei Hyde posted:

Pretty sure buying them all digitally costs exactly the same as buying the LE. Although I guess the LE comes with an artbook.

I must have the special 3DS carrying case. I have to have it.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
For real though, Conquest seems way bettwr than Bloodlines, its supposed to be the more traditional FE style, harder and I like the family on that side more, although that's just from the artwork

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Motto posted:

They weren't offering a preorder season pass map DLC for the Zelda games, and those are two completely different games.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

In Training posted:

and those are two completely different games.

Just like the new Fire Emblems?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

In Training posted:

They weren't offering a preorder season pass map DLC for the Zelda games, and those are two completely different games.

The two fire emblems are as completely different from each other as the two Zelda games.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

From what I've seen, it's like if the Witcher 2 sold its different Chapter 2's as two different products.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Would an eShop receipt for Mario Maker still qualify you for a free copy of that physical booklet? Not sure how limited of a deal that was supposed to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Austrian mook posted:

You can buy the two games from GS for $60 right now. 1 will be a download, though. But that's the cheapest deal I can see. With that + the DLC, you end up paying less than the LE.