Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

D_Smart posted:

Assuming that "batshit crazy client" is yours truly, what's there to "settle"?

Settlements are more than just damages.

Either way if people expect an actual court case, they're going to be waiting a long time even if you decide to go ahead with legal proceedings. Going to court sucks, its highly stressful, time consuming and expensive which is why most lawyers will try to avoid it.

Hav posted:

Only where ordered by a court. Remind me again, what are the grounds for your lawsuit?

I would have assumed that Derek and the other citizens would be suing for a breach of contract and then either getting a refund and/or compelling CIG to open their books to figure out what the hell was going on.

They're a year behind delivery and you could make a pretty convincing case that this game is never going to come out as promised.

Ghostlight posted:

One of my favourite food memories is being out for dinner with a group and someone asked the Australian if she wanted to split a tiramisu and her response was "no, I don't like Japanese food".

But Tiramisu is a really popular and well known dessert in Australia :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Justin Tyme posted:

I only watch one anime and it's called "Kinguobuzahiru" but if you watch anything else enjoy your fail aids

do you tell women you watch anime, does your dad know you watch anime, what about your colleagues. shameful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Osh-KYy4Cw

one of the greatest things ever posted to gtube

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Also, Jessica Jones came out on netflix, that poo poo is amazing.

Jessica Jones is pretty bad after the first few episodes, it just runs around in circles. Daredevil was far better. The whole series could have been condensed into 3 episodes, 4 at tops. It actually has a very "anime filler" feel to it.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

I wonder what the people who read this thread to get mad think when we hit the anime cycles.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Is there a Star Citizen animes yet

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Kegslayer posted:

But Tiramisu is a really popular and well known dessert in Australia :psyduck:
Austrialians are also known for their dry sense of humour, are you sure she wasn't just taking the piss?

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.
Sandi is Karl, wow I thought this thread wasn't going to possibly peak any higher, and then it was revealed that Sandi is Karl. :perfect:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Decrepus posted:

I wonder what the people who read this thread to get mad think when we hit the anime cycles.

its pretty funny to think about

in general tho, I try to use this thread as a dumping ground for all the poo poo I probably can't just randomly talk about in other Games threads

but this is the star citizen thread

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Daztek posted:

Is there a Star Citizen animes yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN_CP4SuoTU

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Patlabor is a good anime, you should watch it.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Darkpriest667 posted:

Sandi is Karl, wow I thought this thread wasn't going to possibly peak any higher, and then it was revealed that Sandi is Karl. :perfect:

Naw man, Sandi is Beer. Or I guess more accurately, Beer is Sandi. Karl is good too though.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
I wonder if anything funny has happened with Doobie's Dog House in the past...6 months? I can't remember exactly when the topic was banned from GBS.

Broccoli Cat
Mar 8, 2013

"so, am I right in understanding that you're a bigot or aficionado of racist humor?

STAR CITIZEN is for WHITES ONLY!

:lesnick:

Decrepus posted:

we feel like adult-loving gods in a land of budding pubescent pedophiles

we also look forward to the inevitable friendly fire that occurs during the fog of war

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

I really like this latest theory because it suggests that, even now, no one can really believe that any 'ol human being could possibly act like Karl of their own volition.

It's a story of the collective hope for humanity.

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!
Love this one

(。◕ ∀ ◕。) `ィ(´∀`∩ __ロ(,_,*) ・( ̄∀ ̄)・:*: ゚・✿ヾ╲(。◕‿◕。)╱✿・゚ ,。・:*:・゜'( ☻ ω ☻ )。・:*:・゜' :*:・(*´ω`pq゛ !(^3^)!

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

We should ask them to rank their favorite thread topics so we can better cater to their needs, since they are going to be reading the thread anyway.

1. Recipes
2-7. Taylor Swift
8. Line of Defense is a good game
9. Anime
10. Star Citizen is the best game

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
the latest Alpha 2.0 patch just hit. will it fix the crashes...???

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

A Neurotic Jew posted:

the latest Alpha 2.0 patch just hit. will it fix the crashes...???

at what point is it 2.1 i wonder

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
Are we at 3.0 yet?

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF6RwJnIBKw

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.
Benjamin Franklin

See, this reminded me, didn't goons hate Derek Smart for being a no-talent hack who inflates his own ego on the internet?

I feel so conflicted now.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

DigitalMocking posted:

See, this reminded me, didn't goons hate Derek Smart for being a no-talent hack who inflates his own ego on the internet?

it vacillates between being entertaining and not

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Xaerael posted:

Jessica Jones is pretty bad after the first few episodes, it just runs around in circles. Daredevil was far better. The whole series could have been condensed into 3 episodes, 4 at tops. It actually has a very "anime filler" feel to it.

Agreed. Jessica Jones is crap.

Daredevil's hall fight scene was pretty specular-- and almost made up for the world's biggest mamma's boy bad guy, Kingpin. So drat whiny!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Broccoli Cat posted:

we feel like adult-loving gods in a land of budding pubescent pedophiles

we also look forward to the inevitable friendly fire that occurs during the fog of war

What does this even mean

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

at what point is it 2.1 i wonder

they are going alphabetically right now (this patch is 2.0f). Then they can always move on to Alpha 2.0aa if they want! It is early days after all.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I don't know about brocolli cat but I think calling anyone that watches anime a pedo trivializes a very real and disturbing thing

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

Should I be rebalancing my portfolio out of Star Citizen and into SA forums account upgrades?

I am loving these rotating elephants

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

DigitalMocking posted:

Yes. That is one of the reasons why this thread is the teleological end-point of Something Awful. It is the Alpha and the Omega.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

A Neurotic Jew posted:

they are going alphabetically right now (this patch is 2.0f). Then they can always move on to Alpha 2.0aa if they want! It is early days after all.

2.0f-turbo

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Watch One Punch Man, a good anime

Watch it senpai

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

tooterfish posted:

Austrialians are also known for their dry sense of humour, are you sure she wasn't just taking the piss?
As a New Zealander I wouldn't agree that they are.

I'd worked with her for several years, and others had known her even longer - if it were a joke it fell afoul of Poe's Law to everyone there.

EminusSleepus posted:

Watch One Punch Man, a good anime

Watch it senpai
As a anime non-watcher, One Punch Man is good watching.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
Anime... food.

Space airplanes anime... food

AH! I have just the thing!

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Did Karl have a mental breakdown yesterday? Their posts have been weirder than usual.

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug
what happened to the guy that was summonsed to court to explain his internet posts

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Warcabbit posted:

Anime... food.

Space airplanes anime... food

AH! I have just the thing!

What's this from

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Look who Sandi is playing
http://m.imdb.com/title/tt4813442/?ref_=ttpl_pl_tt

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
I have liked the gifs I've seen for One Punch Man. The only anime I've ever watched is Berserk, which I loved.

Here are the patch notes for 2.0f. There's also some AC and Hangar patch stuff which I left out:

quote:

Social Module/Persistent Universe:

Additions:
Gameplay
Unique loading screen has been implemented for Crusader.

Equipment
Dropped P4-AR weapons can be picked up for approx ~10 after the character has died.
Balance/Tweaks:
Environment
Armistice zone radius has been increased to prevent attacks toward players.

User Interface
The HUD for navigation points while in Quantum Travel mode has been overhauled to make points easier to find, see and read.

Fixes:
Gameplay
Fixed an issue where repair drones could not repair a ship more than once.
Increased the rotation-physics tolerance for leaving the ship into zero-g in order to prevent ships from spinning out of control on EVA.
Fixed an issue where characters going from prone to stand without a weapon equipped could get tossed into the air.
Fixed an issue where a Vanduul Ambush was not correctly triggering at the end of one of the Black Box retrieval missions.
Fixed an issue where the Cry-Astro repair drones would follow player ships if they flew off during repair.
Fixed an issue where AI ships were spawning unnecessary AI NPC’s into the ship seats.

Environment
Fixed an issue where shadows in and around Port Olisar would flicker at certain distances.
Fixed an issue where battle music would play globally for all players in Crusader.
Fixed an issue where thruster visual effects would not be visible at high distances.
Fixed an issue where Comms Array 306 lacked collision around the entrances and terminals.
Fixed an issue where the landing pad icons on Port Olisar were too high in relation to the actual platforms.

Ship
Fixed an issue where the AEGIS Retaliator and Gladius did not have Quantum Fuel indicator on the HUD.
Fixed an issue where the landing gears for the Retaliator were missing collision.
Fixed an issue where it was impossible to use doors and turrets on multicrew ships when in flight.

Equipment
P4-AR audio has been fixed so it reverberates properly.

User Interface
The names of the Avenger variants no longer appear as localization text.
Fixed an issue where untracking a mission in MobiGlass did not untrack the objective icons in the main screen.

Technical
Fixed a crash caused by shooting the Crusader level boundary.
Cleaned up a large amount of game.log spam while in the Crusader map.
Fixed crash caused by going to Comms Array 275.
Fixed a client crash that would occur if chat was used while the ship HUD is zoomed in.
Fixed a client crash that would occur in and around Port Olisar.
Space stations have received a level of detail optimization pass.
Fixed a memory-related server crash.
Fixed a client side crash related to the Comms Array 5 encounter.
Fixed a client-side crash that would occur when zooming in on certain screens on the Constellation.
Fixed a client-side crash that would occur when many ships crashed into each other at once.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
This is pretty sweet.

One guy in an ASP, two guys in buggies (grouped together via Wings)-- exploring a planet together.

Not sure if there's an outposts on the planet-- they just finished mining surface rocks. Not the most exciting thing in the world but everything is stable, beautiful, and so elegantly designed.

I can not WAIT to experience this in Vive.

Othin
Nov 20, 2002

Hair Elf

A Neurotic Jew posted:

I have liked the gifs I've seen for One Punch Man. The only anime I've ever watched is Berserk, which I loved.

Here are the patch notes for 2.0f. There's also some AC and Hangar patch stuff which I left out:

lol GAMEPLAY ADDITION: loading screen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Eonwe posted:

What's this from

Robotech. A Good Anime.

• Locked thread