Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3uvulg/will_cig_break_the_mold_and_continue_to_stay_in/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Yeah that's what I am saying, but as soon as you move any direction other than up it falls off. The physics interaction between the two objects looks pretty non-fucky at least.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Justin Tyme posted:

Yeah that's what I am saying, but as soon as you move any direction other than up it falls off. The physics interaction between the two objects looks pretty non-fucky at least.

obv we need to get a couple type 9s and try it out

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
^^^ and by people i mean this fucker right here, aw yesssss :bubblewoop:

Justin Tyme posted:

I'm frankly happy with this alone. Going to use ships to fling buggys on top of skyscrapers and over deep canyons.

Also the ship is the "Sidewinder", one of the smallest ships in the game. There are larger (and flatter) ships I am getting people to test

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

If you psychos pull it off you better record it. Frankly I'd be surprised if gravity scales with distance rather than the planet being a permanent physics reference point for the buggies as soon as you land. Would be curious to see if there's a max free-fall speed though :v:

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
So Sandi's new movie is called "The Eighth House" and involves astrology in some way.

quote:

"The Eighth House is commonly referred to as the House of Sex. This House delves into relationships -- interactions with another and how certain aspects of those interactions can take on a more communal nature. It speaks to what our relationships will bring us and how we can get the most out of them."
More explanatory hokum here.

Also, this is an excerpt from the Director's reel.

I'm not sure what this all adds up to-- but I expect great things.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say her acting... won't be good.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

i don't understand... why isn't the rover clipping/falling through the ship and the planet?

is this one of these low-fidelity games i've heard about?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

bald gnome error posted:

if I can seriouspost for a moment to tie T-Swift back in here: one of the things I love about Shake It Off, and a lot of her other solid songs, is the sense of joy. For all her faults, the girl is having a hell of a lot of fun with life. She's going on adventures most people can't imagine. And it translates into her music, and other people sense that and run with it, and it's a cool fun thing to watch.

Star Citizens, when presented with the opportunity to dream a new universe and new lives for themselves, seem to create things that are utterly humorless and inane. Space Court, the absurd diagrams of resources and systems, the extensive documents and lore spun out by the diehards, even their defenses for SC and all this - it just feels like desperate grabs for "fun" at best. It's a castle in the sky crumbling, and they're scrambling to patch it with more clouds as fast as they can. It's honestly kind of depressing to watch in that regard - how many hours have these people wasted dreaming of being a Space Plumber when they could have been out doing things that brought them joy in the moment? That might bring other people joy?

I'm sure plenty of them would claim to be delighted, that they love the time spent waiting and dreaming, but it rings so hollow. There's more to life than this, Citizen :smith:

edit: lmbo hi Beet Wagon, guess we were typing at the same time. Star Citizen: Critical Analysis of Taylor Swift Covers

Space Court led to this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGRsEF953n0

...so I consider it Cool and Good.

Incombibulator
Dec 9, 2014

I'm ready for my close-up
Ms. Gardiner...

Grimey Drawer

G0RF posted:

I'm waiting for Peter to weigh in and render judgment on this mystery.

G0RF winz again. So little time
We do nothing but compete
There's no life on earth
No other could see me through
You win again
Some never try
But if anybody can, we can
And I'll be, I'll be
Following you

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Kegslayer posted:

Settlements are more than just damages.

Either way if people expect an actual court case, they're going to be waiting a long time even if you decide to go ahead with legal proceedings. Going to court sucks, its highly stressful, time consuming and expensive which is why most lawyers will try to avoid it.

Yup http://www.dereksmart.org/forums/topic/star-citizen-tos-v1-1-expiration/#post-1479

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

DigitalMocking posted:

See, this reminded me, didn't goons hate Derek Smart for being a no-talent hack who inflates his own ego on the internet?

I feel so conflicted now.

Nope. Lowtax did that back when taking the piss was the norn and nobody got mad.

Remember this?

http://www.somethingawful.com/hosted/jeffk/fpssurvivar/day16-01.htm

http://www.somethingawful.com/hosted/jeffk/fpssurvivar/

What happened to that mad man JeffK?

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Eonwe posted:

one punch man owns so loving hard

who is your favorite hero

mine is mumen rider

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

I'm the fish head.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Woah you did it

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Antoine Silvere posted:

mine is mumen rider

King

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

So I randomly just got an invite to the PTU. However, I sold my only Cutlass package to some twat months ago. I need some sort of package and ship to actually download it and play, right?

Yeah. They are sending out invites even to closed accounts, trying to pull people back in. If you buy the $45 SQ42 package, it gives you access to Star Citizen. But you've only got that lovely ship. Good luck with that.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

D_Smart posted:

Yeah. They are sending out invites even to closed accounts, trying to pull people back in. If you buy the $45 SQ42 package, it gives you access to Star Citizen. But you've only got that lovely ship. Good luck with that.

Dang. I was interested, but not anymore. They won't get my money back unless they do the impossible.

bald gnome error
Feb 9, 2011

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Space Court led to this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGRsEF953n0

...so I consider it Cool and Good.

I am too new to the trainwreck to understand all of this video but it is indeed Cool and Good

I doubt the hardcore "citizens" think so though :(

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

And who could forget this one:

http://www.somethingawful.com/game-reviews/completely-libelous-review/1/

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Antoine Silvere posted:

mine is mumen rider
All Back-Man.

A large farva
Sep 5, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Holy poo poo apparently Von Smith was recently at the green mill and I missed it :/ Thanks for sharing this.

Just wanted to swoop in with never taking a single business class but laughing at the notion that without a fixed end budget anything will ever actually get completed here.
It's the number one thing a project must have over requirements if you want something to ever get completed. Requirements are a nice thing to have to get something done right, but the only way to ensure it finishes is to have a budget.

So from what I've gathered here, at some point they moved their focus to ensuring the budget continues to expand and not actually ending the project. That's probably an issue.

Not that I care I would like an infinite budget for catte fighter pilot videos please.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

D_Smart posted:

Nope. Lowtax did that back when taking the piss was the norn and nobody got mad.

Remember this?

http://www.somethingawful.com/hosted/jeffk/fpssurvivar/day16-01.htm

http://www.somethingawful.com/hosted/jeffk/fpssurvivar/

What happened to that mad man JeffK?

Except for when you got mad at Lowtax for getting called out on raping a petting zoo. Those SA front page articles were ahead of their times. Maybe we can get a new one with the December litigation. If there is a lawsuit it could be a month of Christmas miracles.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Not even Lowtax gives a gently caress about that anymore.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
CIG Frankfurt is rewriting the engine for DX12

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15091-BTS-Cloud-Imperium-Frankfurt

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Is this game out yet?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Microwaves Mom posted:

Is this game out yet?

Game delayed for another 2 weeks because they are anticipating the reveal for DX13

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Eonwe posted:

McGiggins you should watch Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

the first season is a bit slow but its a punchmans anime and most of the characters are named after bands

Dio, Speedwagon, Zeppeli, Tonpetty, Dire, Straizo, Lisa Lisa, Loggins, Messina, Suzi Q, Whamu, Kars, Iggy, ZZ, Pet Shop, etc

it owns

I still feel dumb for how long it took me to get who "Eisidesi" is supposed to be.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
bad timing :-(

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Antoine Silvere posted:

mine is mumen rider

Is that the same guy as "licenseless bicyclist"? If so, I like him too.

I remember watching this baseball anime as a kid where the kid's father dies in a freak baseball accident, and then the kid begins considering his father's murderer as a father figure..

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

For anyone who cares- the new patch seems to be way, way more stable. Had a really good time tonight loving around with someone else in a Constellation, doing missions. Not sure if it was a lucky one-off or if the patch fixed most of the server-side crashes, but I played for a solid hour and a half with no issues.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Sarsapariller posted:

For anyone who cares- the new patch seems to be way, way more stable. Had a really good time tonight loving around with someone else in a Constellation, doing missions. Not sure if it was a lucky one-off or if the patch fixed most of the server-side crashes, but I played for a solid hour and a half with no issues.

so far it seems like every patch has been accompanied by stability for about 12 hours or so. If it's that playable tomorrow evening than that's a pretty sizeable improvement and is good.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Bout time they got their tech demo fixed. Sheesh. Now they can use it as a proof of concept and find some investors and start building a game.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Sarsapariller posted:

I did this but in Endless Dungeon for $4.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

They've gone full Nukem.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

why.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Oh my god yes this is the best possible course of action.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

why not?

Star Citizen is going to be the best drat game of any genre, of all time. To accomplish this, necessary steps will need to be taken so that the game is always up to date with the best tech.

So what if it means rewriting the engine again? Its all about fidelity and the immersion a new, better engine will provide.

Buy Star Citizen now, live Star Citizen when real world tech catches and surpasses Chris Roberts' fever dream.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Iron Tusk posted:

They've gone full Nukem.

you never go full nukem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
has it been 2 weeks yet