Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Postmaster GBS
Jan 14, 2013

ddddddffdfddddfddf posted:

So loving ready to have a sad cum in Phoenix tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Postmaster GBS
Jan 14, 2013

Posting because I replaced my iPhone 6 two days ago and lost it in the pit tonight.

Somebody came up and handed it to me twenty minutes later, so awesome. Thanks whoever, thanks luck

Postmaster GBS fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Jul 27, 2015

Rhycool
Jul 15, 2012

Saw them at Phoenix last night and man, I have to reiterate just how great of a performance they put on. Some great loving talent.

Also, I never realized that Ride himself actually does inhuman screeches on Why a Bitch Gotta Lie. It was insane and incredibly hype to hear them on repeat.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Be it acid on your tongue, cocaine in your brain, or some weed that hits your lungs like a runaway train it was never meant.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

this is the thing that i've been waiting for for 29 years and never knew

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Found this thread today, have spent the past 4 hours immersed in Death Grips. Holy poo poo.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

surc posted:

Found this thread today, have spent the past 4 hours immersed in Death Grips. Holy poo poo.

I discovered The Money Store for the first time a few weeks ago and I'm still listening to it. It's defiantly one of the most impressive records I've listened to in years.

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

I've listened to DG off and on for a while, but I finally experimented with listening to them on Spotify while I work out and hooooooooooooly gently caress "You might think he loves you..." from Government Plates is my poo poo

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Reading this thread is loving killing me. If this is the one magical universe where they ever play London, please gently caress don't make it be at the roundhouse.

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

sharktamer posted:

Reading this thread is loving killing me. If this is the one magical universe where they ever play London, please gently caress don't make it be at the roundhouse.

That would be loving awful. I hate that place.

Screama
Nov 25, 2007
Yes, I am very cereal.
I've finally accepted that Jenny Death is my 2nd favourite DG album. I like every track except Centuries of drat and Death Grips 2.0, although I'm not sure what I'd pick as the best track on the album.

Anyone else planning on voting for DG in the hottest 100? The Money Store was the last time I voted for 2 tracks by the same artist, I think I'm ready to do it again...

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Screama posted:

I've finally accepted that Jenny Death is my 2nd favourite DG album. I like every track except Centuries of drat and Death Grips 2.0, although I'm not sure what I'd pick as the best track on the album.

Anyone else planning on voting for DG in the hottest 100? The Money Store was the last time I voted for 2 tracks by the same artist, I think I'm ready to do it again...

It's obv Why A Bitch Gotta Lie

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
I missed their North American tour, but I'm gonna catch em at afropunk in NY this weekend. Ideally I'd wanna see them in a non-festival setting, but I want to see them at least once in case they are truly done or implode again or I can't see them before they implode again. Hopefully they show

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
Centuries of drat rules. It has a great killer hook and a great drum ending.

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
Report from Afropunk: MC Ride was a high priest spitting the word of all-one God, Flatlander was his druid sorcerer, and Zach Hill carried them through interdemensional zones of time and space. I prayed to this unholy performance. I felt like a war boy from Mad Max and I held my hands like this in prayer to the Truth.

I jumped in the air as high as I could whenever the electric Guillotine dropped and landed like a downwards melee attack from Smash bros. I also smashed into Eric Andre a bunch.The visceral physicality of the experience had an almost sexual energy in its based affect. A truly ecstatic experience. Also Danny Brown was on right before him, which was goofy and fun.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
why can't you kids stay still when listening to music?

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

Words cannot describe just how terrible Vietnamese are.

sharktamer posted:

This isn't music you can sit still too though.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

sharktamer posted:

Because that's boring.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=susTeQpgR9k

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

I was just about to post that without comment, as I've got no idea what the gently caress.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I saw that earlier, wondered what the gently caress, shared it on Facebook thinking it was new music, but I just watched it and saw that that is most certainly not what that was.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

if i were her and she was him we would go and gently caress ourselves again and again life is very dangerous and it wants to rearrange us like your friends like the end

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Catfish Noodlin posted:

I was just about to post that without comment, as I've got no idea what the gently caress.

:agreed:

I wonder if it is associated with a zack hill film project or comedy option "soft" Death Grips album.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

genius.com has some great insight into the meaning behind the lyrics of 'Hacker' http://genius.com/Death-grips-hacker-lyrics/

quote:

Goin' back to Tangier
With some Jordans and a spear

quote:

Tangier is notable for being an espionage hub, especially during the Cold War. “Jordans” could mean he’s got some new sneakers, which ties into the spy idea; he’s ready to sneak around with his new spear and kill your poo poo.

Tangier being a spy hub could also mean he’s taking control of the government with a spear, which is easier said than done. This ties in with the theme of hacking; in his seemingly impossible task the spear could represent a small home computer, a common and simple weapon capable of mass destruction.

The word “back” suggests he’s already been there, indicating a potential birthplace or origin in Northern Africa, or maybe he’s just back for more.

Alternatively… — Tangier contains an astonishing number of separate cultures (which eventually gave it the reputation as a “spy hub”).

MC Ride wearing the Jordans while wielding a spear present a stark contrast between “essential” items in two cultures he seems to be a part of — hip-hop and savagery.

quote:

“With some Jordans and a spear”, i.e. bridging the gap between pre-colonial Africa and modern hip-hop culture.

quote:

Tangier was a major spy hub during the Cold War and prior – MC Ride is equating the rise of hacker culture to a return to classic Tangier espionage. But unlike the spies of old anyone can become a prolific hacker if they possess the guile (wearing Jordan “sneak"ers) and the rig (the aforementioned "spear” that will allow them to penetrate a system’s defenses)

or, he's going to rob the apple store at the tangier brand outlet malls
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanger_Factory_Outlet_Center

:wtc:

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Yeah well on the other hand the annotations for Hunger Games made me aware of this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tv5QlQj39XU

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

This was a really bad thing to watch on ambien.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
At some point there was a mashup called Death Grips for Cutie. I found a website that claims there was a whole album (on youtube?), but I can only find two tracks on soundcloud. Anyone have a link or know where I could find the whole thing?

geeteeslow
Apr 23, 2007
gangsta crizzabs
What's the odds on Deathgrips playing Bonnaroo in 2016? In general, it seems to me that several artists that were tremendous hits at the 2013 festival (Tame Impala, Foals, Animal Collective, KIller Mike, DIIV, Purity Ring, and Deathgrips) all have new albums/LPS/material to showcase as of just today, December 1st. Stands to reason to me that with these new releases, similar artists whom have seen success this year would be inclined to attend Bonnaroo as part of their Spring/Summer tours. I went full-hotrod at the Deathgrips show in '13, and I'd love to do it again. In general, Bonnaroo '16 represents the 15th year anniversary. I would really hope the lineup isn't as much Top 40 slush as it was last year (minus Billy Joel and Steely Dan of course).

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Reason posted:

At some point there was a mashup called Death Grips for Cutie. I found a website that claims there was a whole album (on youtube?), but I can only find two tracks on soundcloud. Anyone have a link or know where I could find the whole thing?
Wasn't that a Valentine's Day thing? IIRC the whole thing is on Bandcamp, but I don't remember the link or anything.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

geeteeslow posted:

What's the odds on Deathgrips playing Bonnaroo in 2016? In general, it seems to me that several artists that were tremendous hits at the 2013 festival (Tame Impala, Foals, Animal Collective, KIller Mike, DIIV, Purity Ring, and Deathgrips) all have new albums/LPS/material to showcase as of just today, December 1st. Stands to reason to me that with these new releases, similar artists whom have seen success this year would be inclined to attend Bonnaroo as part of their Spring/Summer tours. I went full-hotrod at the Deathgrips show in '13, and I'd love to do it again. In general, Bonnaroo '16 represents the 15th year anniversary. I would really hope the lineup isn't as much Top 40 slush as it was last year (minus Billy Joel and Steely Dan of course).

I'm pretty sure all these big festivals won't book artists like Death Grips now because they have hit the mainstream. Sorry

disc
Sep 27, 2009

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I'm pretty sure all these big festivals won't book artists like Death Grips now because they have hit the mainstream. Sorry

ya or they want the artists to actually show up

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

disc posted:

ya or they want the artists to actually show up
Not saying it's guaranteed, but they did actually show up for the entire tour this year. I saw them and was surprised myself when they showed up, but they did show up and they were dope as gently caress.

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business
The only reason I saw them at a big festival is because Bjork headlined and forced the promoters to book Mykki Blanco and Death Grips as well.

It ruled.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress

Reason posted:

Are you perhaps thinking of the Trilogy of MUCH LOVE DEEP WEB albums?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Sunglasses guy is right.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

A human heart posted:

Sunglasses guy is right.

Obviously has never heard any Merzbow.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1FBO3ZhnChh7-2RMbL-yNxqtEYkOpMdKhaPMgfuwwfqU/preview?pref=2&pli=1#slide=id.p

Death Grips Dating Sim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQm8qpexnjo

• Locked thread