Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Chris Evans seems to be doing his best to get fired :dance:

He's telling everybody who does not like Christmas to "seriously, tune to another channel because this is not the channel for you" and other such idiocy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

"I'm a really useful engine!"
Um can we make sure we are using the proper British terms for firearms itt, none of your American filth pls.

I personally think that the widespread poverty and income disparity is largely more to blame for all the murdering than the widespread availability of rooty tooty point and shooties.

Like being able to go into a supermarket and just buy a fully automatic rooty tooty is not particularly helpful but the base reasons for the violence are more systemic than just that.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
that may speak to gang violence but most of the recent high profile mass shooters were middle class white dudes????

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Yeah it's more like obesity or racism but with pointless instant death dealing machines designed for killing people as quickly and efficiently as possible.

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

corn in the fridge posted:

that may speak to gang violence but most of the recent high profile mass shooters were middle class white dudes????

Symptom rather than the cause I'd say. British mad dudes just complain on Facebook/Twitter/mutter to themselves in pubs and hopefully get some form of mental health treatment.

American dude gets mad, nips up Target and buys enough rooty tooty point and shooties to invade a small country and then murders a load of folks.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Fraction posted:

I have *~a friend~* coming over this weekend. Last weekend I made some spicy burgers and spag bol. Gimme suggests as to what to make this weekend for my *~friend~* pls I like to show off

here you go

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3752613

Jose fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Dec 1, 2015

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Bozza posted:

Symptom rather than the cause I'd say. British mad dudes just complain on Facebook/Twitter/mutter to themselves in pubs and hopefully get some form of mental health treatment.

American dude gets mad, nips up Target and buys enough rooty tooty point and shooties to invade a small country and then murders a load of folks.

when i visited my brother in austin we went to a gun shop and it was a very weird place. he told me he could buy a gun and ammo there and then, and they'd let him take it home while they did their 'background checks'. so obviously if they did find he was mentally unstable or whatever they'd just go round to his house and politely ask him for the gun back. im sure that would end absolutely fine.

Fluo posted:

My house has industrial size air con. Suck it climate change I'm an acceleratist

welcome back fluo :beerpal:

Fluo
May 25, 2007

NaDy posted:

welcome back fluo :beerpal:

:beerpal:

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Cake, is it a drug, or is it simply a delicious chocolatey piece of heaven?

Fraction posted:

I have *~a friend~* coming over this weekend. Last weekend I made some spicy burgers and spag bol. Gimme suggests as to what to make this weekend for my *~friend~* pls I like to show off

I told my favourite food blog site to surprise me and it says you should make this deliciousness

followed by this which will either finish you off or lead to it :heysexy:

(ohgoditisfartooearlyforbeingrudesorry)

Also please send help, I'm procrastinating and I really need to go to my mother in law's and get on with plastering her kitchen.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

the only thing i know about guns is that americans hold them wrong

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

Foodchat: I made Jamie Oliver's Sweet and Sour Pork on Sunday night and it was a piece of piss but looks and tastes sufficiently impressive that it'll work for romancing...

250g pork, red onion, bell pepper - all cut into 2cm chunks, sliced ginger and chilli, diced garlic, tin of pineapple in juice 250g ish

Get your wok/frying pan hot and blast the pork cubes with some Chinese 5 spice until it browned, lift out. Then fry the veg with some cornflour and 2 tablespoons of soy sauce.

Add the meat back in, 2 table spoons balsamic vinegar and the pineapple chunks with the juice. I couldn't find a small tin so bought rings and just cut them up in the tin with a pairing knife. Reduce it down so its thick.

Serve with rice, and if you wanna be flash chop, put some lettuce on the plate, rice on top then the pork.

V good, will cook again.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Can't be a Jamie recipe, there's no lime in it (seems to put it in loving everything)

I do get on with his recipes pretty well, shame he's a massive twat

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
I went to one of his restaurants and it was so salty but managed to steal 7 teatowels which made up for the meal

Also sweet and sour pork without the pork being all crispy battered just doesn't hold any appeal to me anymore

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
jamie oliver recipes require about 5 litres of olive oil each

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

he learned in italy the most important thing is to put olive oil everywhere also he sells a range of olive oils

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

After a week the Apple Store rang me up saying they finally had a look at my Mac and apparently it looks like water damage and thus isn't covered by the warrantee - £500 please sir

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol owned

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TllPrdbZ-VI

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

Party Boat posted:

I'm sure I'll be impressed whatever you make :)

Shhhhhh you were supposed to keep it a secret!

Kluliss posted:

I told my favourite food blog site to surprise me and it says you should make this deliciousness

(ohgoditisfartooearlyforbeingrudesorry)

Not too keen on zuccini and a friend made us pizza when we were at hers the other weekend so don't wanna step in on that just yet.

That cake looks loving heavenly tho. Sinfully good.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Kluliss posted:

Hello yes these both sound good

It's wet everywhere today (sample size: Scotland, Newcastle, Leeds)

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

I believe you're in the wrong thread, this one is about the UK and we call them courgettes here.

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

Shelled cucumber

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Just had a recruiter on the blower for the same government department my partner works for

I mean sure, may as well save on the petrol?

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

I recruiter sent me an email asking what I thought about Formby and ended it with this face (-;

I'm a little scared

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

be wary of anyone who does the nose on a smiley

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
Also doing smileys backward?????

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

corn in the fridge posted:

Also doing smileys backward?????

makes me so mad (:

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
D:

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

that guy looks distressed as he's fallen over

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

)))))))

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

ookiimarukochan posted:

I believe you're in the wrong thread, this one is about the UK and we call them courgettes here.

Even Americans call them zuccHini.

inokichi
Nov 3, 2005

It reminds me of the kid with the upside down face in family guy

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Bobby Deluxe posted:

the only thing i know about guns is that americans hold them wrong

Are you meant to hold them with your little finger sticking out?

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Guy next to me on the train is reading "MAMMAL NEWS"

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Party Boat posted:

Well, what's the news?

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

Beavers: they're gonna be big

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Party Boat posted:

It's relevant at least

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Are you meant to hold them with your little finger sticking out?
youre supposed to be standing sideways like in fencing, like the guy on sleepy hollow

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

today i got a massive pay increase for taking on literally no more work than i had to do before, suck it economics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Bobby Deluxe posted:

youre supposed to be standing sideways like in fencing, like the guy on sleepy hollow

You can do either see weaver and isosceles stances. I don't know why I know that.

Also, I am cooking a roast tonight because I am a maverick who doesn't like to play by the rules.