Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Furious Mittens
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

It just keeps getting better and better - now people are designing their life's work, their home, around Star Citizen (for that matter, a video game!). What in the gently caress is wrong with these people?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

No loving way this poo poo is real. No loving way.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Since we're laughing, this is an exchange he had in one of the Mechwarrior Online subs I still lurk in last night. He was advertising an MWO meetup and had a bunch of pictures of all the pcs in his bar/rape dungeon, and this guy was like the only one who was genuinely interested.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007

Furious Mittens posted:

It just keeps getting better and better - now people are designing their life's work, their home, around Star Citizen. What in the gently caress is wrong with these people?

It's like Bitcoin. Only up Up UP!

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
That dude is hilarious. From his reddit:

quote:

I'm design-building my first NEW house and am working in 3 65-75 inch Displays to the Main Entertainment Floor/Area.

Hmm yes I want my living room to have that "Buffalo Wild Wings" aesthetic.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

D_Smart posted:

Don't put too much stock in it. This guy is basically like early 2000's model Derek Smart except he doesn't have any money. I wouldn't take him too seriously.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

revmoo posted:

That dude is hilarious. From his reddit:

Hmm yes I want my living room to have that "Buffalo Wild Wings" aesthetic.

lmao

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

I mean, I get it, the guy probably doesn't have a lot of funds for this project. But I would have gone with a warmer setup. It looks very cold and uncomfortable in that slaughter basement...err gaming bar.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

AP posted:

Sale ended, they actually ended it on time I think, (if you don't count the extra day and a bit).

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15080-AnniVERSEary-Sale-Weapons-Free

$5,374,050 in November 2015.

November 2013 $7,880,937
November 2014 $6,123,928

Looks like your predictions were very close. Good job!

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I have several houses and access to the intel campus but lets hang out in my gaming shack in the basement.

BREAKING NEWS: First stage of star citizen commander centre realised:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
:frogsiren: This page must consist solely of CitizenSlum quotes :frogsiren:

CitizenSlum posted:

I'm just some dude who is kinda badass and gets hated on by jealous little children who are envius I am rich and don't give a gently caress.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

TTerrible posted:

No.

It's a tool to patch gaps while you're porting, not something you slide into a release to bump your DX version from 11 to 12 like some kind of magical panacea.

They committed to the implementation of Mantle like they committed to the implementation of a ton of poo poo. Have they actually done any of it? You cannot just use "WELL CIG SAID THIS" as evidence here, holy poo poo they lie about everything. The money (if any) from AMD probably just got dumped in the pot to buy expensive furniture in LA.

Please read this. I link it in the vain hope that you actually want to learn what this involves rather than use it for cribbing soundbites to post here.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dn899114(v=vs.85).aspx

Shutup octopode.

^this.

And shut up Octopod

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
e

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Furious Mittens posted:

It just keeps getting better and better - now people are designing their life's work, their home, around Star Citizen (for that matter, a video game!). What in the gently caress is wrong with these people?

Autism

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncfpz9Y7xqo

Of course he's got a bitcoin ATM.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

CitizenSlum posted:

Oh and to answer your question, the last company I founded did Renderings for large firms like Gensler, Safdie, Skid, and Arcadia. I built Rendering Farms Fam. So yeah, I know a thing or two 'bout dem "renderings", homie.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

TTerrible posted:

I have several houses and access to the intel campus but lets hang out in my gaming shack in the basement.

Not a piss bottle in sight! Pretty classy

CitizenSlum posted:

obviously this is the dark side... burger... meat thing

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

There are some traits that seem to be really in common among the true megawhales that I've been trying to classify. I find it really fascinating how they all seem to hit the following points.

0) Every single one is a middle-aged white dude.

1) They think of themselves as successful businessmen.

2) They are almost universally unemployed and unemployable, or at best, underemployed.

3) They spend an enormous amount of time and effort justifying themselves.
3a) Multiple alt accounts to agree with and reinforce their mains
3b) Flashing ludicrously inflated numbers at the drop of a hat
3c) Claiming windfalls (government disability, gifts from friends, insurance settlements, bitcoin flops in their favor) as genius business sense

4) They are tenacious to a frightening degree, willing to do virtually anything to win minor disagreements.
4a) They tend to buy their way into favorable moderation where possible and use it to silence criticism
4b) Doxxing and rallying hordes of admirers to attack their opponents is also common (though to be fair, everyone seems to do this now)
4c) Worst case, leaving a losing argument and returning months later with a permanent grudge

5) Towards the game they are whaling they tend to be sycophantic to a pathetic degree.
5a) Assuming personal relationships with devs
5b) Spending significant amounts on tangential stuff for devs and using it to reinforce 5a
5c) Lots of personal contact and "Visits" to devs that verges on stalker behavior
5d) Absolutely unwilling to voice or listen to any discussion of their chosen game that is not 100% positive
5e) Frequently spotted in the comments sections of news articles about their game, writing long-winded defenses against any perceived slights.

6) None of them actually have the money to support this lifestyle.

7) They exhibit enormous impulse control issues that border on mental illness in other aspects of their lives
7a) Typically manifests as unbelievable creepyness towards women and borderline sexual harassment
7b) Can also be broken business ventures, frequent rage-tirades in forums unrelated to their game
7c) Drug or alcohol abuse, divorce, and sexual abuse histories are also very common.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

I cannot watch all of this, it is painful. He sounds about 15.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Yeah, total retard. My be first cousins with The Wulge and the half sister to Karl

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Sarsapariller posted:

Derek I would like to request that each week you do a feature article exploring the life and thoughts of another insane Star Citizen, sourced from this thread. You've got enough material to make it to the summer at least.

I think my wife will finally have me committed because medication simply won't cut it if I go down that Rabbit hole of malcontent. Like seriously, she can actually do that.

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

D_Smart posted:

Again. Stop posting bullshit.

:ironicat:

Furious Mittens
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Trust fund kid, has to be.

And I loved the walkthrough. No fire code or health and safety violations in that fine establishment!

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

TTerrible posted:

I call dibs on the IDE cable!

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

quote:

[–]CitizenSlum 12 points 1 day ago
I use an algorithm based not all on [Property Values Directly] to determine my rents. You can have it if you want, consider it open source! We should totes form some sort of Org or Coalition. I only have a few props but I know some of the big boys that are pretty cool. Of course, I also know some super slummy ones too. Honestly, bad landlords are probably the majority these days. And I know why, it's because they are so jaded by previous lovely tenants. I get it, but it's just not my thing.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

Agreed. Also, I think they've reached the saturation point now and they know it. Hence the cash grab type sales. I firmly believe that Q4/15 is the funding Hail Mary. We just have to wait and see.

They'll get another huge boost the month they release the ability to un-melt on your own. Then I guess it's just hanger sales when ships become ready from there on out.

I think the worst thing is the thought of making people play sitting in those chairs.

Oscar Wilde Bunch fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Dec 1, 2015

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Holy actual poo poo, that was amazing.

"Fresh and... farm to table"

"Also fresh and farm to table"

Dude, stop.

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Beet Wagon posted:

Holy actual poo poo, that was amazing.

"Fresh and... farm to table"

"Also fresh and farm to table"

Dude, stop.

That video and the stuff posted here... That can't be real, right?... RIGHT?

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

TTerrible posted:

I cannot watch all of this, it is painful. He sounds about 15 stone.

FTFY

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

quote:

So when are we getting actual 64-bit gameplay and not just instanced 32-bit segments separated by jumps?

The butt hurt is going to be strong when they wake up

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/300942/64-bit-sc-release

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Iglocska posted:

This is the reaction you're supposed to have to SC.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Iglocska posted:

Sit down, Iglocska, your mother and I have some bad news for you...

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Chalks posted:

How do other months this year look by the same measure? Can you plot when CIG will stop making enough money to cover their burn rate?

No, it's not that simple, they made more in October 2015 than they did in October 2014. A lot depends on what they sell and what they do, though I don't think they'll be that keen to sell another space bus. 2.0 is going to complicate things too, they don't have an excuse not to add to it now as they did with AC 1.0.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

D_Smart posted:

I think it's real, Derek.

Real fuckin dumb

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
What has been seen in this thread ... cannot be unseen.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

ShredsYouSay posted:

all I can picture is animal house except jim belushi is fatter

Don't ever mix up Jim and John Belushi :colbert:

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Bitcoin ATM and a vape supplies shop. Where's he going to put his bespoke fedora shop?

Broccoli Cat
Mar 8, 2013

"so, am I right in understanding that you're a bigot or aficionado of racist humor?

STAR CITIZEN is for WHITES ONLY!

:lesnick:

it was like going on a spaceship or peeking into gamer heaven when I watched this

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:

Beet Wagon posted:

Team Liquid, League of Legends

hey mums I'm moving in with 4 of my bros and we're going to play with stuffed animals and bad computer games kay see ya later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Star Citizen seems to do a great job of attracting and exploiting people with mental illness.

• Locked thread