Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I'm only 6:30 in and it's amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

lmao Opie not saying hello back to Jim in the mornings, and Opie tries to defend saying he does it "at least 50%" of the time.

He's doing a paranoid reading into Jimmy saying hello.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
I'm only 10 minutes in and this owns. Another thing that will probably own - Ant's show tonight.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

"Why don't you quit?"

"I like having a job."

"But why don't you quit?"

jyrka posted:

I'm only 10 minutes in and this owns. Another thing that will probably own - Ant's show tonight.
I work where I can't listen tonight so at least I'll have some exciting evening listening.

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

Opie made no sense the entire time. What a weird person.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
I haven't listened yet (I'm about to) but I'm almost certain that he comes off like those people with mental illnesses that him and Jim railed on for hours: not seeing the damage and frustration they cause around them, and just keep going "But what about ME?!", no matter how many times you communicate or intervene.

Edit: vv Looks like I nailed it vv

Morter fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Dec 1, 2015

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

Morter posted:

I haven't listened yet (I'm about to) but I'm almost certain that he comes off like those people with mental illnesses that him and Jim railed on for hours: not seeing the damage and frustration they cause around them, and just keep going "But what about ME?!", no matter how many times you communicate or intervene.

It's exactly like that. "It can't always be me" "you should have been there for me" etc. Over and over and over. He makes extremely simple points that he can't even keep consistent and then repeats them endlessly.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
The one legit point Opie has is that Ant got himself fired, and O&A was basically done by that point anyway. But they're pretty much irrelevant to the conversation today, and his relevant arguments are insane.

I just hope that when Jimmy is done that Soder doesn't take the Opie money. The Bonfire is killing it.

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

I hope TACS is free streaming today (I don't feel good saying that). He would be making a mistake if it wasn't.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
the whole "I NEEDED YOU THAT DAY, JIMMY" bit like an hour in hahahahah loving hell

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Period. I said period again.

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.
I felt so bad for jimmy while listening to that

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
I'm 14 minutes in and you can tell that Opie is literally the problem for everything related to the O & A show.

He definitely thinks he can succeed on his own by living off his lame characters and morning zoo antics. He's really in for a rude awakening.

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.

Droopy Goines posted:

I still believe there's one big Opie-Jim on-air argument left before the flame goes out.

Christmas came early.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I'm literally two seconds into the clip and you can tell Opie has already lost his mind at an innocent sidenote of "hey I was on Anthony's show the other day"

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Why didn't you say anything in my defense?!?!

*two sentences later*

I never put you in the middle!!!

:psyduck:

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

Yup, especially when Jim eluded to the whole Ben issue and he never told Jim about it because "He and Jim" aren't on that level.

He's so genuinely upset that Norton is still friends w/Ant and goes on the show and looks like he's the kid outside looking in. He also stated that "he's positive" that Ant talks poo poo to Jim about Opie when they're not on TACS and while I believe that part is true but can you blame Ant for not? He's frustrated too but Op is so mad that Jim is not exclusive to him that he's now shunned Jimmy for "Not being close" and part of his "Inside circle of trust" He's really a loving delusional old man.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

I haven't heard any of this but it doesn't surprise me that the radio cancer that is Esther Ku was involved.

Did you all hear she's a cute Asian girl with a vagina, guys?????????

Jim won't do poo poo as a result of this and him and Op will be fine tomorrow because he needs the show more than anyone else.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

jerkstoresup posted:

The one legit point Opie has is that Ant got himself fired, and O&A was basically done by that point anyway.

Has Ant realized that yet? To me it seems like the Twitter rant just drew attention to the racist nonsense he was spouting on the air regularly when he had flew under the radar before because no one outside the circle of fans really listened to him.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

lmao, is this real?

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
I sympathize with Opie a lot. I spent most of my life lying, ignoring my feelings, ignoring conflict and pretending everything is okay. It's a toxic way of life that ruined almost all of my relationships.

But I'm literally half his age and have been trying to change that for a while now. Opie has no intention of admitting any fault in his personality, actions or lack thereof. I'd listen to the show again if Opie could start talking about himself honestly, because as of now he's just a shell of a person. A Greggshell. :haw:

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lmao, is this real?

https://www.facebook.com/eastsidedave/photos/a.622800311080407.1073741826.240402219320220/1235539513139814

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

jerkstoresup posted:

I sympathize with Opie a lot. I spent most of my life lying, ignoring my feelings, ignoring conflict and pretending everything is okay. It's a toxic way of life that ruined almost all of my relationships.

But I'm literally half his age and have been trying to change that for a while now. Opie has no intention of admitting any fault in his personality, actions or lack thereof. I'd listen to the show again if Opie could start talking about himself honestly, because as of now he's just a shell of a person. A Greggshell. :haw:

Plus, you don't air your issues and ruin a radio show for an audience of millions, thousands, hundreds.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

loving god bless East Side Dave

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

spudsbuckley posted:

I haven't heard any of this but it doesn't surprise me that the radio cancer that is Esther Ku was involved.

Jim won't do poo poo as a result of this and him and Op will be fine tomorrow because he needs the show more than anyone else.

She constantly tries to be cute and defuse the tension, which is the exact opposite of what should be happening. It's very annoying. The only good thing she did was say the name "Anthony" at the beginning of the clip.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

spudsbuckley posted:

Barely involved, thank god. She is normally annoying (often intentionally) but she had the sense to notice that she couldn't really do anything and only tried very occasionally to break the tension a bit.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lmao, is this real?

Are you even surprised? Opie sometimes said nice things about Dave but barely used an ounce of influence to help him

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I'm not at all surprised he feels that way. I was pleasantly surprised that he decided to make it public finally

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster
From what I remember Opie was always kind of a dick to all the R&F crew except Ron

SegwayPimp
Sep 13, 2015
Its weird that I actually liked Esther Ku's presence during this argument....

I'm 20 mins in and Opie is a psychopathic baby...He gets so offended and self righteous but 30sec later hes speaking in that upward inflection like "its fine its ok its fine". Personality disorder of some kind...

"We're not close..." - Opie

That's it. That's the clincher right there.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
I can't help but think Ron Bennington is the source of Opie's 'more info' he was rambling about. Dude just can't help himself when it comes to teasing the tard.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Felt like theater to me. Why would they dive into real stuff on the air. Doesn't add up to me.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

TraderStav posted:

Felt like theater to me. Why would they dive into real stuff on the air. Doesn't add up to me.

There's thermite paint in that yogurt!

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

There's thermite paint in that yogurt!

You're goddamned right there is.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

Opie and Jim are trying to outwork the Ron and Fez dynamic. 15 years down the road we'll be exposed as rubes who strolled down the midway with our cotton candy.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

SegwayPimp posted:

Its weird that I actually liked Esther Ku's presence during this argument....

I'm 20 mins in and Opie is a psychopathic baby...He gets so offended and self righteous but 30sec later hes speaking in that upward inflection like "its fine its ok its fine". Personality disorder of some kind...

"We're not close..." - Opie

That's it. That's the clincher right there.
Seriously who even says "we're not close", that's so passive aggressive I can't even deal with it. Just come out and say "I don't trust you" except you can't because you're a loving paranoid psycho who can't back up any poo poo you say :psypop:

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

Why allude to something you have no intention of discussing? Why do it by telling your longtime coworker that you're "not close"?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

TraderStav posted:

I don't think Opie could properly act or emulate emotion. Consider all of his fake laughing, and real on-air fights. It's easy to tell when people get to him.

SegwayPimp
Sep 13, 2015
Oh poo poo Ant's show is starting and I haven't finished listening to the Opie's Funhouse...

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

It's not free so I have no way of listening, hopefully someone will upload it later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Holy poo poo is this drama boring as gently caress. Jimmy needs to find someone like Soder to do a podcast with and stay the hell away from Opie and Anthony. Idiotic, racist douchebag or boring dramaqueen is not much of a choice.

• Locked thread