Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wicka
Jun 28, 2007

track day bro! posted:

Sorry I may have mixed you up with someone else, what is your opinion on boring races where apparently the midfield battles were realy good.

good racing can be found in the midfield but it's only great if there's something meaningful on the line. outrageous example: vettel vs hamilton for 5th at brazil 2008. but normally they're fighting for like 6th in WCC, and i'd be hard pressed to care unless they were driving literal wacky races cars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

willcrouch posted:

6 Fernando Alonso (57)

I loving love The Nando, but to place him on that list is an affront to lists

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

enri posted:

That's because the enduring spirit of Eddie Jordan lives on at their factory. Some say that on a stormy night just like tonight.. if you listen very carefully.. you can hear the distant voice of the plucky Irishman berating an engineer.

:ghost:

Well they do have Jordan DNA after all. I really :rolleyes: everytime he says this

1500quidporsche posted:

I'd rather have Nigel Mansell come back to win five consecutive championships with Mercedes than see Red Bull win anything ever again.

Well, as Our Nige (National treasure and Britains Lion) likes to often tell us, he never officially retired...

Myrddin_Emrys fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Dec 1, 2015

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

I don't want to imagine Eddie leaving "Jordan DNA" all over the factory.

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Apparently Kvyat finished ahead of Ricciardo in the championship :getin:

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

1500quidporsche posted:

I'd rather have Nigel Mansell come back to win five consecutive championships with Mercedes than see Red Bull win anything ever again.

I think I speak for the whole world in stating we'd rather have Nigel Mansell come back to win five consecutive championships with Mercedes than see a cure for cancer, AIDS or those African child-blinding worm things.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.
http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/leclerc-set-to-join-haas-as-development-driver/

A Frenchman from Ferrari's academy joining a back-marker team?

That'll end well.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Brainwrong posted:

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/leclerc-set-to-join-haas-as-development-driver/

A Frenchman from Ferrari's academy joining a back-marker team?

That'll end well.

He'll be OK if he keeps his head down.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/vandoorne-ends-abu-dhabi-tyre-test-on-top/

It begins.:black101:

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Kvyatt has broken Ricciardo. :stare:

https://www.instagram.com/p/-wJTLzuNok/

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

1.44 is quick enough to get into ..uh..... Q1

edit: do i need runout mclaren-honda merch? i mean its ugly, but its runout ugly

Dubs fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Dec 1, 2015

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
If you ever wanted a McLaren Honda cap without dumb sponsorship poo poo on it now would probably be the best time to buy it.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Day one of off-season testing and we've already reached peak Bacon Briefcase.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

RALF posted:

Apparently Kvyat finished ahead of Ricciardo in the championship :getin:

The senior Red Bull driver curse strikes again. Alternatively the Australian driver curse strikes again.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
all australians are poo poo

except bruce mclaren

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Lewis' snapchat right now...

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

be nice wicka posted:

would you have said this about ferrari in the early 90s

Ferrari rightfully won the 1990 WDC before a Brazilian thug took it away.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
(also there were WCC titles in '82, '83, and '99)

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
McLaren and Williams will never win another WCC ever again

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

be nice wicka posted:

i would gladly watch a thousand years of mercedes domination over a single red bull championship. they are truly the most unbearable organization in all of world sport.

They are loathsome and their fans are pieces of poo poo.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
Early 90s Ferrari were the best Ferrari. Nobody can convince me otherwise.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

1500quidporsche posted:

Early 90s Ferrari were the best Ferrari. Nobody can convince me otherwise.

Good looking cars and V12s

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Bring back the black wings imo.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Any of you plan on watching any older seasons in the off season?

I haven't seen 2012 and a lot of you speak highly of it. Gunna start with that then watch a 80s or 90s season I think.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Alain Post posted:

Yeah the 93 Williams was a pure driver's car.

You would know.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Details are still unclear but apparently Ferrari realized they would never beat Lewis with foreign drivers

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

Norns posted:

Any of you plan on watching any older seasons in the off season?

I haven't seen 2012 and a lot of you speak highly of it. Gunna start with that then watch a 80s or 90s season I think.

Are they on YouTube?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Halo14 posted:

Are they on YouTube?

Uhhh nope

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
I see, ta.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
YOu might find an occasional race in Italian on Youtube or something but almost certainly not 2012.

For those who have :filez:, 1990 is a great season and maybe my favorite of the '90s.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

be nice wicka posted:

would you have said this about ferrari in the early 90s

They won the WCC in 1982 and 1983.

gently caress beaten.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Alain Post posted:

YOu might find an occasional race in Italian on Youtube or something but almost certainly not 2012.

For those who have :filez:, 1990 is a great season and maybe my favorite of the '90s.

Haven't watched 1990. I'll watch it after I finish up 2012.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
1985 or 1986.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Alain Post posted:

And the exploding engines.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Alain Post posted:

god yes

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Alain Post posted:

(also there were WCC titles in '82, '83, and '99)

and mclaren has won a world title more recently than ferrari. regardless, you made a dumb post.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I don't give a poo poo who wins next year. I'd just like more podium variety. And maybe a decent battle for first that's not over half way into the season.

Also if Lewis could just party himself to death during the offseason. That would be great.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

be nice wicka posted:

and mclaren has won a world title more recently than ferrari. regardless, you made a dumb post.

The Constructor's Championship is more important. There, I said it.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
The constructor's championship generally has some bearing on skill whereas the driver's championship, while often more exciting, is more a case of being in the right car at the right time and being better than the other person in that car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

The constructor's championship generally has some bearing on skill whereas the driver's championship, while often more exciting, is more a case of being in the right car at the right time and being better than the other person in that car.

wut

• Locked thread