Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

simosimo posted:

Oh that's cool, I always thought the AI always reversed after 3 'just cause'. I do love that they made floor stomps much quicker this year, very satisfying addition.

You know what ISN'T balanced around? The heart-punch is almost literally unblockable, because there's no counter prompt and the recovery animation leaves the opponent standing long enough that you can do it again, as long as your guy still has stamina. Had 2 different pubbies use that once they realised they couldn't just spam running moves or stomps to make me waste counters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

"Just Say No To Pubbies" has to be the #1 rule of online gaming

But I mean, wouldn't it be fun to see Ziggler and Owens or whomever just heart punching each other endlessly irl??

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Oh, the first time one of them did it, I was tickled because I love the move. Then he did it 35 more times and got 2 finishers.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Blast Fantasto posted:

2k16 is on sale for Gold members on Xbox One. $45 for base game, $60 for game and all DLC (including the MyPlayer career boost).

The base game is going to be $30 - $35 at several stores on Black Friday, but I'm willing to pay a $10 premium to avoid Black Friday bullshit and have a digital copy.

Best Buy's website has it $30 physical with free shipping if anyone is interested.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Just noticed that... picked up the PS4 version for $30. Free shipping said it will arrive next Friday.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I thought this stuff was cool. If anybody is wondering how much the CAW is improved this year:

89 fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Nov 28, 2015

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

89 posted:

I thought this stuff was cool. If anybody is wondering how much the CAW is improved this year:

Yeah people are doing some really great things. I downloaded a perfect PWG arena, right down to the tape on the ring.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The PS4/Bone versions of 2k16 were £16 each in Argos in the UK yesterday.
If anyone's interested in the game and local to one, might be worth popping in and seeing if you can still snag one.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Ended up getting 2K16 from Best Buy for $30. Seems like a good price for a 1 month old game

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Astro7x posted:

Ended up getting 2K16 from Best Buy for $30. Seems like a good price for a 1 month old game
Yeah it would be but you bought a 12 year old game with many coats of paint on it!

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013
Are there any moves that got cut from last year's edition, either from the main game or DLC?

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
the intercontinental championship has a curse. you will become unstuck in time, lost for all eternity, to fight wade loving barrett every smackdown. it's been three months, every smackdown, i fight wade goddamn barrett. this game is an unending hell but i go on to have my year long reign as the intercontinental champion. the IC belt is pain, and pain is looking wade barrett in his cold, dead eyes, and putting him in an armbar forever.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
An absolutely perfect recreation of reality, then.

Well, apart from you actually winning.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

trying to make an all caw promotion is a total pain in the rear end because of the ridiculous download limit. I thought there was a way to reset/trick the clock but I guess not.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

pressedbunny posted:

An absolutely perfect recreation of reality, then.

Well, apart from you actually winning.

Reality would be him winning every OTHER match, because Wade has to get his heat back, of course.

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

KungFu Grip posted:

trying to make an all caw promotion is a total pain in the rear end because of the ridiculous download limit. I thought there was a way to reset/trick the clock but I guess not.

Don't back all the way out of the CAW menu. Download as many slots as you can and quit (on PS4 you just press the Home button and quit from there). When you start the game back up it shouldn't have counted any of your downloads.

I haven't needed to download more than 20 CAWs since the new moves pack, so hopefully it hasn't been patched.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

For people who don't want to get the accelerator / unlock everything in 2k16 MyCareer, a lot of indie moves are hidden in Quick Edit preset movesets that you'll have to purchase with the in-game currency. For example, the Rainmaker is either a "striker" or "technician" preset, I forget which.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

or you could, ya know, just make a moves list in the MyCreations mode which has those moves already unlocked, go into Career mode, edit moves, and Copy Created Superstars move list to your Career caw. Everything will transfer over BUT you will STILL have to "buy" the abilities and skills to do like any of the top rope, springboard, and other situational stuff.

But you'll still get to do cool poo poo like the Rainmaker and Nakamura's knee from the get go.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Is anyone playing 2K16 on PS4? I know it's not great but I got it for $15 at Best Buy on a whim and I want to have stupid hilarious 30 minute ladder matches online.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Anyone else having issues with custom wrestlers not loading imported textures properly when playing online? I've seen a couple of guys with good Alberto del Rios, which look great in the matching screen, but then in game all the custom stuff like the face is just matte black.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Anyone else getting a glitch in 2K16 create an entrance that turns any smoke style pyro you put in completely black? It is driving me loving nuts (I'm on PS4).

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
This iteration of WWE looks good enough to buy, but I'm on a filthy PC... plz WWE let me give you my money!

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
You only have to wait until April.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Lady Naga posted:

You only have to wait until April.

Hopefully it's ported better than the last PC version. That one ran like poo poo no matter what I tried.

This year I'm getting it for PS4 so I can play with the cool kids and get the good CAWs

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

I figure there's some people who got this from all the various holiday deals so here's some tags for some good CAW makers:

LilDicky - his Apollo Crews looks like an in game model

his Okada is great, too

and if you like Nakamura search for BOSS_LIGHTYEAR, he made a really good one.

Some other good ones: DieHardDetroit, NCO, BMAN

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

triplexpac posted:

Hopefully it's ported better than the last PC version. That one ran like poo poo no matter what I tried.

This year I'm getting it for PS4 so I can play with the cool kids and get the good CAWs

Hey c'mon there's some good CAWs for 2k15 PC, do I need to post Bonzi Buddy again!?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

the intercontinental championship has a curse. you will become unstuck in time, lost for all eternity, to fight wade loving barrett every smackdown. it's been three months, every smackdown, i fight wade goddamn barrett. this game is an unending hell but i go on to have my year long reign as the intercontinental champion. the IC belt is pain, and pain is looking wade barrett in his cold, dead eyes, and putting him in an armbar forever.

its so silly they boast the biggest roster but the game booking has you face off against the same guy each week. It got to the point in MyCareer where I'd grab a chair and eat the DQ just to speed through a feud. Somehow that turned me face.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
It's a simulation of a real weekly program!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Big Bidness posted:

Don't back all the way out of the CAW menu. Download as many slots as you can and quit (on PS4 you just press the Home button and quit from there). When you start the game back up it shouldn't have counted any of your downloads.

I haven't needed to download more than 20 CAWs since the new moves pack, so hopefully it hasn't been patched.

Either I'm doing it wrong or they patched it. Do you mean not back out to the Creation section its self or the first screen you see in community creations with all the other people's CAWs?

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

KungFu Grip posted:

the first screen you see in community creations with all the other people's CAWs?

This one. I'll try it tonight and see what's up.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Big Bidness posted:

This one. I'll try it tonight and see what's up.

Alright cool, it could be a bug just with the digital version of 2K16 seeing as mine is a physical copy.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

So does the whole Windows Media Center workaround for custom music not work on the XBone? I just got one. I don't have the game yet, and that could be a dealbreaker.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Big Bidness posted:

I figure there's some people who got this from all the various holiday deals so here's some tags for some good CAW makers:

LilDicky - his Apollo Crews looks like an in game model

his Okada is great, too

and if you like Nakamura search for BOSS_LIGHTYEAR, he made a really good one.

Some other good ones: DieHardDetroit, NCO, BMAN

Thanks for this! I've yet to see a good Tanahashi. Most of them are kind of weird. Same with Naito and Ibushi.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Steve Vader posted:

So does the whole Windows Media Center workaround for custom music not work on the XBone? I just got one. I don't have the game yet, and that could be a dealbreaker.

Custom music is not in the new WWE 2K games

Akileese posted:

Thanks for this! I've yet to see a good Tanahashi. Most of them are kind of weird. Same with Naito and Ibushi.

They try to use face scans and the skin color is off.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

So, the Authority wanted me to win a ladder match by submission.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Sounds like you don't want what's best for business.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

remusclaw posted:

So, the Authority wanted me to win a ladder match by submission.

That'd be a pretty funny shtick to do for real. Like, they say that Reigns can only win the title at TLC by pin or submission, in his TLC match.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Ooh! Are we messing with Adora?

So question: is anyone here good at CAW making in 2k16? I'm really bad at it, and I need to modify an existing-but-not-in-the-game wrestler for a big thing.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
How do I acquire a tag partner in 2k16? The tutorial told me it's by running in during one of their matches and going after the other guy, but that didn't work. Do I need to specifically do a mid-match run-in, and if so, do I need to do anything specific during that run-in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Jenny Angel posted:

How do I acquire a tag partner in 2k16? The tutorial told me it's by running in during one of their matches and going after the other guy, but that didn't work. Do I need to specifically do a mid-match run-in, and if so, do I need to do anything specific during that run-in?

Tag partners are useless during NXT. Run in mid match and manage a guy to victory.