Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Candle Vlogger is the Red Devil is the new Glenn Is Dead isn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
More importantly: How much juice do you think Ryan Murphy has with his friend / Emma Roberts' aunt Julia?

Enough that, say, he could talk her into an under-the-radar cameo as Chanel's mother for the finale?

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

DivisionPost posted:

More importantly: How much juice do you think Ryan Murphy has with his friend / Emma Roberts' aunt Julia?

Enough that, say, he could talk her into an under-the-radar cameo as Chanel's mother for the finale?

I was hoping that Chanel #3's mom would be Carrie Fisher.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

precision posted:

Well, except only like 5 people care about it in this case.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

If Chanel's mom is Sarah Michelle Gellar, I'd be stoked.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Pan Dulce posted:

If Chanel's mom is Sarah Michelle Gellar, I'd be stoked.

That would be incredible, and she's not doing much these days, is she? Other than the Proactiv commercials, of course,

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

the truth posted:

Chanel #4 died from meningitis.

Having the killer be someone we never met would be really dumb.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Horror_Story:_Coven

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

DivisionPost posted:

Oh God don't get my hopes up like that because it would be amazeballs

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

criscodisco posted:

That would be incredible, and she's not doing much these days, is she? Other than the Proactiv commercials, of course,
Jamie Lee Curtis was mostly doing yoghurt commercials for a while.

Candle Vlogger has mostly been a background character so maybe. Fat suit perhaps?

Edit: Actually Breezy Eslin is heavy in real life. So that probably wouldn't work.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Dec 1, 2015

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Someone needs to make True Lies 2 using the original script but reversing the roles of Curtis and Schwarzenegger

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

precision posted:

I love this is how I found out that of course it didn't happen. What a supremely lovely show.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

criscodisco posted:

She's not opposed to tv too. She did that horrible show with the CW, Ringer, and the short lived sitcom, The Crazy Ones, with Robin Williams. I'm hoping that means something could theoretically be drafted up.

Other Scream Queens I wouldn't mind coming into the fray: Sigourney Weaver, Danielle Harris, Linda Hamilton (who did Chuck, so she can do tv), Neve Campell, and Jennifer Love Hewitt (who did Criminal Minds recently). They all did horror around the time Scream Queens gives homages to.

:eng101: Weird factoid: Heather Elizabeth Langenkamp (Nancy Thompson from the Nightmare on Elm Street movies) does special effects for Scream Queens.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Pan Dulce posted:

She's not opposed to tv too. She did that horrible show with the CW, Ringer, and the short lived sitcom, The Crazy Ones, with Robin Williams. I'm hoping that means something could theoretically be drafted up.

Other Scream Queens I wouldn't mind coming into the fray: Sigourney Weaver, Danielle Harris, Linda Hamilton (who did Chuck, so she can do tv), Neve Campell, and Jennifer Love Hewitt (who did Criminal Minds recently). They all did horror around the time Scream Queens gives homages to.

:eng101: Weird factoid: Heather Elizabeth Langenkamp (Nancy Thompson from the Nightmare on Elm Street movies) does special effects for Scream Queens.

I actually really like Ringer. It was intentionally way over the top. At least, I hope it was intentional.

I didn't realize she worked on Scream Queens, but I did know that Langenkamp and her husband had an FX company.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Shageletic posted:

I love this is how I found out that of course it didn't happen. What a supremely lovely show.

Not to derail extensively but yes, yes it is. I stopped watching halfway through the "Morgan's 90 minutes of backstory" and from what I can tell every episode since has been supremely poo poo.

I mean what's the deal with that show, almost every season has started out very good and proceeded to get very bad. Like, the first couple episodes of this season were actually fantastic!

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

precision posted:

Not to derail extensively but yes, yes it is. I stopped watching halfway through the "Morgan's 90 minutes of backstory" and from what I can tell every episode since has been supremely poo poo.

I mean what's the deal with that show, almost every season has started out very good and proceeded to get very bad. Like, the first couple episodes of this season were actually fantastic!

Doesn't seem to have much of a point, which was made apparent to me by the mid-point of the first season. Condolences for the time you spent on it.

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

We are going to go for the store, then the district manager. Then WE ARE GOING TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND THEN TO THE EXECUTIVES! DXRYAHHHHHHHHH!!

Casimir Radon posted:

Edit: Actually Breezy Eslin is heavy in real life. So that probably wouldn't work.

That doesn't really matter. It's not like it was actually Nick Jonas is the devil costume all those times between his appearances on the show.

It's a Ryan Murphy show. They'll blow it off by saying she wore Spanks, or just not mention it at all.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
"Everyone thinks I'm Joaquin Phoenix" might be the best (short) running gag on the show.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

precision posted:

Derail just a bit longer and share what show you're talking about!

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

We are going to go for the store, then the district manager. Then WE ARE GOING TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE AND THEN TO THE EXECUTIVES! DXRYAHHHHHHHHH!!

It spreads! Like fire from a... CANDLE!!

Edit: btw they're talking about Walking Dead.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
This is Ryan Murphy we're talking about, I wouldn't be surprised at all if it somehow turns out to be Zayday.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

precision posted:

This is Ryan Murphy we're talking about, I wouldn't be surprised at all if it somehow turns out to be Zayday.

Thanks to Candle Vlogger we know she has motivation. Maybe her grandma is dead all along, the one who supposedly sent her that chainsaw. Dead at the hands of the Red Devil Killer.

Active666
Apr 3, 2009

DivisionPost posted:

Sadly unlikely given this

During the promotion of her new thriller Secret in Their Eyes, Roberts revealed why we won't be seeing her in any upcoming seasons of AHS!
She explained:
"I'll tell you why—because I can't even get through the commercials. I am the most fitful scaredy cat. When the first American Horror Story came out, remember the first poster? I said to him, 'OK, I curse you. I stop at a traffic light and I have to look at that thing on billboards. It gives me the willies. What is that? What is going on? What have you done?'"

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Is this a reference to the Axe Man? I don't get it, sorry.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Zaydee being the other killer would put a cool interesting spin on Boone's romantic pursuit of her.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Candle Vlogger (the character) is from Antarctica?

http://www.designntrend.com/articles/63828/20151031/scream-queens-breezy-eslin-why-jennifer-obsessed-with-candles.htm

quote:

In a new interview with Cosmopolitan, Eslin revealed that there's actually a reason why her character has a strong connection to candles, and the actor has known about it ever since she got the audition script for the role.

"Jennifer is originally from Antarctica and in Antarctica there are, like, solid weeks of darkness each year; it's very cold and, well, fire is her best friend," Eslin shared."So then somehow the Bath & Body Works catalog came to her house and she started reading and she realized she could have the warm, comforting feeling of fire and also these scents of spring and summer and flowers, and all sorts of things without being in those places, but as [a means of escapism] from her barren, icy homeland."

Found this when I googled "Breezy Eslin," because I thought it was a nickname for Abigail Breslin (hope her character dies ASAP).

Shageletic posted:

Zaydee being the other killer would put a cool interesting spin on Boone's romantic pursuit of her.

Of his own sister who is also somehow black despite having two white parents? We're already running a high chance of incest with Pete possibly being a tranny.

the truth fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Dec 1, 2015

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I wasn't aware anyone was "from Antarctica". Seems like kind of a dick move to have a baby there and decide to stay.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

precision posted:

I wasn't aware anyone was "from Antarctica". Seems like kind of a dick move to have a baby there and decide to stay.

Surely the research teams up there get bored and get to porkin, right? If anyone around you could be a shape-shifting alien, there's only one way to be sure.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

the truth posted:

Is this a reference to the Axe Man? I don't get it, sorry.

There being a Chanel no. 4 tie-in would be very dumb, but Ryan Murphy's gone in some really dumb directions before.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

I'm pumped for tonights episode. I wish we could have more Radwell family

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

buddhanc posted:

I'm pumped for tonights episode. I wish we could have more Radwell family

I could watch Julia Duffy in anything, but Alan Thicke gives me the creeps.

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

the truth posted:

Of his own sister who is also somehow black despite having two white parents? We're already running a high chance of incest with Pete possibly being a tranny.

They're fraternal twins, meaning 2 eggs. It is physically possible to have 2 different fathers if each egg is fertilized around the same time by 2 different men. So it could be only half incest and the baby mama got Eiffel towered by Grace's dad and a black dude. Wouldn't be the first double team mention in the show. And not the most hosed up thing Murphy has done in a show.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
That was quite a shameless Samsung plug. I can't complain, because that was my exact phone, so I can pretend I'm waiting for Chanel to call. Now if only anyone ever called me.

Sort of an anticlimactic reveal, assuming it's an actual reveal and not a stupid and infuriating cliffhanger.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

The phone call made it clear there is a yet another co-conspirator, so hopefully there is still a sister and not twisted tranny incest. Pete is missing an Adam's apple, though.

That makes pretty much everyone a possible suspect. Now I think it is either Hester (fake poison? Turned around and looked at something off camera for no reason right before the lights went off in the mall) or Chanel (significant established connection with Pete, and he probably did the spray tan thing for her), but thanks to this thread I know Candle Vlogger is apparently a very real possibility.

I hope it isn't #5.

I hope next week is awesome and gives us a satisfying finality.

I hope this show gets a second season and is done in an anthology style like AHS so people can come back. Almost the entire cast is great.

the truth fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Dec 2, 2015

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

My overall theories of each major character:

Chanel: a murderer, maybe tub baby, possibly some sort of con artist (says Grace is the only person who is as smart as her, Radwells had never heard of her supposedly old family, she was not this alpha in the spray tanning scene), maybe adopted.

#2: dead, an alcoholic, not the tub baby

#3: not a killer, not the tub baby

#4: dead from meningitis before the show started

#5: a bad actress, has some shady behavior (placing phone down in the last scene and distracting #3 and Hester so Chanel would be alone with Munsch) that could possibly be attributed to her alleged desire to kill Chanel (according to her Internet search results). Probably not tub baby.

#6/Hester: high likelihood for tub baby in my opinion, many suspicious behaviors and quotes in many episodes.

Grace: not tub baby, not Pete's co-conspirator

Zayday: not tub baby, innocent

Candle Vlogger: lol

Chad: lol

Niecy Nash: lol

Dean Munsch: a murderer, possibly Pete's co-conspirator which would make him tub baby incest tranny

Wes/Grace's dad: nope

Pete: a killer, but who and how many? Transgender tub baby who likes half-sibling incest? Sprayed acid on the previous Kappa president for Chanel? I think he is not trans and was just caught up in stuff that got out of control, either by his obsession with Chanel (if she is tub baby) or because he got close with Boone, who actually just started out as his source. Maybe it is Chanel and he killed Boone and Gigi (another explanation for not talking in those scenes other than keeping the identity a mystery from the audience) so they could get away together, but she is planning on killing him at the end and be the sole survivor.

the truth fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Dec 2, 2015

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

I truly have no idea who Pete's co-conspirator is, but I'm in the same boat as the truth regarding chanel. There's got to be more to her than has already been established, her story and convenient rise to prominence doesn't feel quite right. Also, Dean Munch has something on the side going on as well that will come to fruition I'm sure.

Favorite dialogue of the episode was with Chad and Pete at the DDS house. "You do not bequeath a box of lube to an acquaintance." "He was my deep throat," "so you were gay lovers?"

Do we have one or two more episodes?

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

the truth posted:

I hope this show gets a second season and is done in an anthology style like AHS so people can come back. Almost the entire cast is great.

I read the other day on EW that a second season is likely and that Murphy already said that 3 cast members would be returning. I'm guessing guessing Chanel and Hester, but who else?

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Probably Chad Radwell or Grace if I had to guess.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Watching this show the last few weeks has left me feel like Milhouse. When are they getting to the fireworks factory!?\When do they start killing people off?!

Happitoo
Nov 24, 2005

the truth posted:

Candle Vlogger: lol

You lol, but what was on the table when everyone was planning to drown the dean? That's right... CANDLES!! Candles = (attempted) murder! Candle Vlogger!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Happitoo posted:

You lol, but what was on the table when everyone was planning to drown the dean? That's right... CANDLES!! Candles = (attempted) murder! Candle Vlogger!!

When Chanel pulled out the jars of apple cider I thought they were jar candles and I thought "holy poo poo he was right".

• Locked thread