Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

kylej posted:

I don't even really understand why he got married. The guy had a long term marriage, three kids, is worth tons of dough, accomplished everything he ever wanted... why get re-married to a c-tier model? If I had enough money for a $50 million Palm Beach house, I'd be swimming in so much poon I wouldn't remember how to spell cat.

I have not heard them in a while but the post divorce, single Howard shows painted him as a guy out of his element. Yeah be banged a few people and the NYC night life scene but he couldn't really cope. Maybe his schedule got in the way.

Remember that after their first date he called Beth in the morning and begged her to come over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Bonzo posted:

I have not heard them in a while but the post divorce, single Howard shows painted him as a guy out of his element. Yeah be banged a few people and the NYC night life scene but he couldn't really cope. Maybe his schedule got in the way.

Remember that after their first date he called Beth in the morning and begged her to come over.

According to some timelines he met Beth before he even got divorced.

His year of sowing his oats probably never happened.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

JB50 posted:

According to some timelines he met Beth before he even got divorced.

His year of sowing his oats probably never happened.

So him and Robin Givens never happened?

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Bonzo posted:

So him and Robin Givens never happened?

I always found it amusing that radio people always brag when they gently caress someone who used to be famous. Is Robin Givens even alive? Wasn't her nadir the marriage and divorce from Mike Tyson? Besides from that her only role that I can think of was that show with Howard Hesseman waaaay back in the late '80s.

It reminds me when Eric the Midget would try to talk up Johnny Fratto's new 'pilot' that started the older brother from The Wonder Years and Scott Baio. Or when Fratto claimed to have tied up Nicole Eggert and messed around with her. It's all just pathetic when you look at it, to brag about banging people who were on TV once and no longer aren't.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Howard definitely sowed his oats for awhile. There were a couple of more famous women than Robin Givens and Angie Everhart as well that isn't public. There was some Page Six stories but I can't remember names anymore.

I think Howard ultimately needs a partner to sorta take care of him. He has had a woman telling him what to do/taking care of him his entire life. I don't think he really can deal with being alone. Beth likely checks all the marks that Howard needs.

I think everyone has a friend or two that is married or dating someone that you can't understand why. I think that is Beth.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Laugh at Imus all you want but at least he helped out a couple kids with cancer. All Howard has managed to do I his twilight years is a couple of blind cats. What I bet will happen is after he retires and Beth has to spend all day with him while he's playing chess in the basement she'll divorce him like Alison did and then adopt some African kid. Name him Tyrone Spielberg.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
I can't criticize him for getting remarried. There are 200 boxes of cereal in the aisle but eventually you just want the same one every morning. Trying to get laid is a lot of time and effort even if you are Leonardo DiCaprio. Who the hell wants to deal with that when you are 50? Even Clooney eventually said "gently caress this" and remarried.

Now I can can criticize him for having 55 cats in his house. I am not sitting on 500 million, but I'd bail on the hottest woman in the world if 20 cats were part of the deal.

RichardDunn
Oct 23, 2008
I tuned in late, but did Howard just announce he was going somewhere new after Sirius? All I caught him saying that he wanted to be more professional about announcing his new place, and then he went on to tell the story of how he got sued because he kept talking about Sirius on the terrestrial station.

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

Howard clearly has said that he's "boring", and I believe him. What he wants is someone to stay home with him all day and all night. Remember how jealous/irate he gets whenever Beth goes "out on the town" without him?

Also, this:

Crotch Bat posted:

In total fairness to him he did become a big horndog for a solid year after the divorce, he's just clearly not the type like say, Ronnie, who wants to be doing that stuff forever.
LET'S gently caress SOME WHORES becomes pathetic after a certain stage in your life.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Sasquatch! posted:

LET'S gently caress SOME WHORES becomes pathetic after a certain stage in your life.

And Ronnie feels like he's always 4-5 years away from that point.

Whatever, due...

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
GET RID OF THIS loving WIVES poo poo.

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Hey, what's Ronnie's favourite band?

Husker Du

What's his favourite song (not by that band)?

That thing you du.

Ok, I'm done. Sorry, I'm bored.

EDIT: Yeah, I agree with all of this vvvvv

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Nov 30, 2015

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I actually think Ronnie is one of the most normal people on the staff, and definitely the most caring. Ronnie seems to take staff issues (real ones, like KC's mental illness, Artie's issues, Robin's cancer etc) extremely seriously and seems like a genuine guy. I remember when Robin came back in the studio for the first time after her illness, she said Ronnie was at the hospital more than anyone checking in on her. His Scoresman persona is definitely goofy but it's also kinda harmless. I gotta admit I'm jealous of a guy who found a way to get paid for drinking and screaming at strip clubs.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

That thing you du.

Du Hast

kylej posted:

I actually think Ronnie is one of the most normal people on the staff, and definitely the most caring. Ronnie seems to take staff issues (real ones, like KC's mental illness, Artie's issues, Robin's cancer etc) extremely seriously and seems like a genuine guy. I remember when Robin came back in the studio for the first time after her illness, she said Ronnie was at the hospital more than anyone checking in on her. His Scoresman persona is definitely goofy but it's also kinda harmless. I gotta admit I'm jealous of a guy who found a way to get paid for drinking and screaming at strip clubs.

He seems like a good guy, anger issues aside. He'd be fun to hang out with in real life, even if he is the typical weird old man hitting on younger women. The only issue I take with him is that, for a while there, Scoresman didn't use condoms.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

I always found it amusing that radio people always brag when they gently caress someone who used to be famous. Is Robin Givens even alive? Wasn't her nadir the marriage and divorce from Mike Tyson? Besides from that her only role that I can think of was that show with Howard Hesseman waaaay back in the late '80s.

It reminds me when Eric the Midget would try to talk up Johnny Fratto's new 'pilot' that started the older brother from The Wonder Years and Scott Baio. Or when Fratto claimed to have tied up Nicole Eggert and messed around with her. It's all just pathetic when you look at it, to brag about banging people who were on TV once and no longer aren't.

Jessica Hahn calling the show using that really gross & creepy "baby voice" of hers (that I'm sure she thinks is sexy) strikes me as way worse, since she was "famous" (in the very loosest sense of the word) almost 35 years ago.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

I'm convinced Howard and Sheryl Crow has a fling. They had her on lots and she even played the after party at his last terrestrial show but once he got the Sirius she was never on again.

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

kylej posted:

More than anyone else there, I can tell that his "persona" is something he plays up for the air, and quite well - it does make for good radio. I'm sure the perv/angry stuff is there, but he definitely play the character up. And like you said: why not? He gets to do what looks to be what he loves (loving SOME WHORES).

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

Bonzo posted:

I'm convinced Howard and Sheryl Crow has a fling. They had her on lots and she even played the after party at his last terrestrial show but once he got the Sirius she was never on again.
I never picked up on that. I'm still impressed that he had Angie Everhart when he was single. Goofah him man, goofah him.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

That thing you du.

Ok, I'm done. Sorry, I'm bored.

EDIT: Yeah, I agree with all of this vvvvv

Love Me Duuuuuu :haw:

haljordan posted:

Jessica Hahn calling the show using that really gross & creepy "baby voice" of hers (that I'm sure she thinks is sexy) strikes me as way worse, since she was "famous" (in the very loosest sense of the word) almost 35 years ago.

I just assumed that was her actual voice. I've never heard her talk any other way.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Sasquatch! posted:

I never picked up on that. I'm still impressed that he had Angie Everhart when he was single. Goofah him man, goofah him.

Crow did have breast cancer surgery in February 2006 but she's been live in studio for other channels.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Djarum posted:

Angie Everhart

If I were him I'da wifeyd up Angie before Beth came in the picture. Beth is a pretty lady, Angie looks like she was hand molded by God. Plus, going by what interviews I've heard and read, she's a really fun chick and way more sexual than Beth. He interviewed her once in the Sirius years and it was super clear there was still a spark between them.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

GenoCanSing posted:

If I were him I'da wifeyd up Angie before Beth came in the picture. Beth is a pretty lady, Angie looks like she was hand molded by God. Plus, going by what interviews I've heard and read, she's a really fun chick and way more sexual than Beth. He interviewed her once in the Sirius years and it was super clear there was still a spark between them.

I couldn't help but read your post as if you were Johnny Fratto, ya li'l fucker.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

GenoCanSing posted:

If I were him I'da wifeyd up Angie before Beth came in the picture.

I bet Angie feels this way too. She had tyroid cancer in 2013 and filed for bankruptcy

Bonzo fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Dec 1, 2015

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Our two subutex will prove them wrong.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Angie Everhart was engaged to Joe Pesci, right? Pretty sure that confirmed she was a starfucker.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

GenoCanSing posted:

Our two subutex will prove them wrong.

This rose is a symbol of the fact that it symbolizes that my heart is pure like the rose.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Bonzo posted:

I bet Angie feels this way too. She had tyroid cancer in 2013 and filed for bankruptcy

Seeing that she got engaged in 2013 and married in 2014 I imagine the bankruptcy was done so she was free and clear when she married and the husband didn't take on that debt. He seems to run some organic food delivery thing that operates out of LA and Phoenix.

And she still looks ridiculously good for 46. I mean I guess if you're already gorgeous via your genes and your job for 20+ years was to maintain those looks then she should look like that but still.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Howard should have ended up with someone who was hot AND smart.

Instead hes stuck with Beth.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
Let's not forget the one person who must hate Howard getting married to Beth more than anybody else on this planet: Her highschool principal.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Keg posted:

Let's not forget the one person who must hate Howard getting married to Beth more than anybody else on this planet: Her highschool principal.

Shes so dumb she doesnt realize how creepy that story is.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Wow Mick the Nerd was totally a bust. Did not live up to his epithet at all today. Might as well have gotten any random person off the street to talk to JJ.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

moot the hopple posted:

Wow Mick the Nerd was totally a bust. Did not live up to his epithet at all today. Might as well have gotten any random person off the street to talk to JJ.

What happened? Eric the Midget Facts on twitter mentioned how he seemed to be like ETM part 2 which I find to be complete and utter bla-asph-emy.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Howard tried to play up the angle of hey, we've got a super fan of the franchise who's going to geek your socks off. Instead, dude didn't seem as buzzed about Star Wars as Howard was hyping and was just kind of nonplussed about everything. They ushered him out shortly after realizing it wasn't going anywhere.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Keg posted:

Anyone have a link to this? I barely remember it

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
I can see why he married her. She seemed really nice. I remember seeing the Richard Christy makeover video when it happened and she seemed like an awesome girl in it. I can only find one part https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xqo-_Fl9NM4

The entire video made her seem awesome. Of course things change hah

PS

It is great how they take an actual legitimate rock star* and make him dress up like one and he clearly is not comfortable with it.

*as much as you can be in death metal, which I guess is not much

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001

Ribsauce posted:

I can see why he married her. She seemed really nice. I remember seeing the Richard Christy makeover video when it happened and she seemed like an awesome girl in it. I can only find one part https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xqo-_Fl9NM4

PS

It is great how they take an actual legitimate rock star* and make him dress up like one and he clearly is not comfortable with it.

Beth is interesting in that she looks pretty odd in posed photos, but in video she's really hot and cute. I have female friends like that who take lovely photos, but in person you just want to spray cum all over them.

Last quote is because I'm watching lots of Norm....I wish he'd do his podcast again. le sigh https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWGAm55gApk

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

"Steve Langford sells tickets. I've used him several times. Detroit, Cleveland... the fella comes through."

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

"Steve Langford sells tickets. I've used him several times. Detroit, Cleveland... the fella comes through."

And Eric, before the Steve Langford story, how many tickets had you sold?

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends

Ribsauce posted:

PS

Well it just goes to show you the hypocrisy behind "dressing like a rockstar". I'm going to assume the proprietor of the store and Beth both combined have less musical talent than Richard has in his vomit, but they're both apparently experts on dressing like a rockstar. Richard meanwhile wears ill-fitting jeans and a t-shirt and absolutely demolishes drums. I know metal isn't the same as rock, but at this point it's more of a hipster-ish movement than anything related to music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snark
Sep 19, 2003

no dice

Once again, we've booked passage on the S.S. Boredom with you